Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,074 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:15 AM

Hiv Positive Guy In Dilenma And Needs your Help. - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Hiv Positive Guy In Dilenma And Needs your Help. (28203 Views)

19,396 Test HIV Positive In Niger State – Perm Sec / 1 Million HIV-Positive People In Benue – govt / How Will I Know If Am Not Hiv Positive? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hiv Positive Guy In Dilenma And Needs your Help. by DAY12(m): 10:35am On May 12, 2011
aktunde:

^^^ I agree with the first bolded part of your comment, but disagree on the second one.

@Poster. yeah, you are HIV +, but that is not automatically a death sentence. HIV+ does not kill. It is the AIDS disease that kill. You do not have AIDS yet, so you can still live your normal life. What do I mean by that? if you are supposed to live for 100 years, you can still live up to that as long as the HIV does not develop into AIDS. The HIV+ only gives you a chance of catching the AIDS disease, but it doesn't mean you will catch it if you take the required retro-viral drugs. Many Ritro-viral drugs will not turn your HIV+ to HIV negative, but it will reduce the power of the HIV so that you don't catch the AIDs disease. Really, you shouldn't be too worried about being HIV+ positive. But I think awareness about HIV/AIDs are not done properly. Rather than informing the people, some agencies create fear into the people. That is why you are feeling this way, which i understand.

I want you to know there are lots of diseases out there that are even worse than AIDs. Hepatitis B killed my Mom's friend in less than two days. I have heard of people who died of severe headaches in few minutes. You must also understand that those corpers who were killed because of elections might be HIV negative. Why I'm I saying this? just to let you know that death will come when it will. It doesn't matter if you are HIV+ or negative. Take control of your life! and if you are a Christian, give it unto God. My friend, HIV+ is not a death sentence. You can still live your normal life. I know of some popular people who have HIV for decades. One of them is a NBA star here in the US. Its not as if they are now negative. They are taking their retro viral drugs steadily, and they are living fine. If you are living in Lagos, you may not be able to get this drugs easily because of lots of people that might need it. Go to places like Lautech Hospital in Osobgo, and ask for the voluntary counseling and testing (VCT) there. some of the drugs are free, while some are even cheaper than the regular prescription drugs that people without HIV take. Please note, it will not change you to HIV negative. But it will only suppress the power of the virus and prevent you from catching the  AIDS disease. And once it doesn't become full blown AIDs, you can still live up top 100 years, if that is how long you are originally supposed to live without HIV+.

I am not a doctor o. But I worked with Unicef during my NYSC. I also went for the voluntary counseling and Testing in LAUTECH before coming to USA. But I tested negative anyways. Good luck!

word.

Imma have to check my HIV status today.

See you guys when i come back. sad
Re: Hiv Positive Guy In Dilenma And Needs your Help. by oludashmi(f): 11:13am On May 12, 2011
@OP
Just a quick one. . . .

1. Go for another test in two more hospitals.

2. You havent got AIDS, you 've got HIV!
AIDS kills but HIV with an effective medication, positive thinking and living your life as it was before you discovered, you will live the VERY NUMBER OF YEARS you are meant to live on earth. I can prove this to you on one or two active and ever lively pple I know. Infact, HIV living persons are found in all organisations (only that few say it out). HIV does not kill, its the ignorance, fear and inferiority complex that kills! HIV only puts you in a careful status in your private life and between a group of pple.

3. Medication. . .
Go for your medication and use it EFFECTIVELY
Dont miss a dose and take your heath advise seriously
Eat balance diet and avoid mosquito bites. Your retro-viral drugs will ensure the HIV does not develop to AIDS. So you are ok.

3. Build your faith. . .
Nobody can build it for you except you!
Fast and talk to God about it. Tell him to help your faith. Make a covenant with him concerning the healing (the covenant may only be a testimony or whatever your heart wishes). Keep telling him until it happens.
A guy recently gave a testimony of his HIV healing, he discovered it when he wanted to donate blood for his relative. He recounted how he kept praying and talking to God (as if he sees him) in his own little way. He said he kept telling God to heal him even though he was newly born-again and wasnt familiar with the bible. Today, he has gone to several hospitals for a re-test and found negative!
Please and please, its not the CHURCH that matters, but YOU! Your healing could come via devotion in your room. Just be persistent and be strong.

4. Confess positive status. . .
Say to yourself, "I am getting better day-by-day".
Say it and mean it. Get appropriate words from the bible for confession

5. Open up to your family. . .
Yes, they will be disappointed and will almost give up on you. . .its normal. But your strength will be their strength and your faith will be their faith. If you look as though the world is on your head, they will start writing their will without your name but if you look and act strong, they will suddenly be strong and join you in prayers.

Get up! Eat! Drink! And live! Dont let it stay on your mind for a minute. You are better than an hospitalised malaria patient whos live on the line.

1 Like

Re: Hiv Positive Guy In Dilenma And Needs your Help. by tellwisdom: 11:51am On May 12, 2011
Go and retest, The result might come the other way, There was this guy i use to knw, who was given a fake test result, He later went to another hospital for a test and confirm negative, So no fear, Go and re-do it and u shall be glad u did
Re: Hiv Positive Guy In Dilenma And Needs your Help. by talktome: 12:04pm On May 12, 2011
This is sad to hear but its nt the end of the world. Infact if ure truly positive, its good you you got to discover it early. First things first.
Where did u carry out ur test? How reliable is the result?? HIV test result is not conclusive until you have done a confirmatory test. There is something called false positive result.
Go to one of the VCT centers, if ure in Lagos you can visit NIMR (Nigerian Institute of Medical Resaerch) in Yaba. Undergo a test there, if its still positive you ll be asked to do the confirmatory test which is more sensitive. If that still comes out positive, theyll carry out the viral load test to determine the level of viruses in ur system so as to know when ull start ur ARV drugs. Thyre free. So pls ensure the ure positive, truly positive and then take it from there.
I have a sneaky feeling ure nt truly positive if all ure telling us here is true.
Re: Hiv Positive Guy In Dilenma And Needs your Help. by Tsun(f): 2:25pm On May 12, 2011
the next step is not how to tell anybody but how to take good care for yourself now and arm yourself with all the necessary reliable and accurate informations you lay your hand on regarding this disease and how to manage it.

i'd encourage you to visit/see a doctor and see when you can start treatment. the earlier, the better.

Pls do just dat ok. But you can still have kids with Hiv a doctor, will tell you better.

It is well.
Re: Hiv Positive Guy In Dilenma And Needs your Help. by munagi: 3:42pm On May 12, 2011
Beloved, if you are very sure of what you are saying, I would advise you to trust God and believe that He said in the book of Jeremiah 32:27 " Behold, I am the the Lord, the God of all flesh: is there anything too hard for me?".

I want to invite you to The Lord's Chosen Charismatic Revival Ministries at 10, Odofin Park Estate, By Ijesha Bus stop. Apapa - Oshodi Expressway, Lagos. God has been healing people with HIV, AIDS and other incurable diseases. Our service days are: Tuesdays - 8.00am & 5.00pm, Wednesdays - 5.00pm, Thursdays - 8.00am, Saturdays - 2.00pm and Sundays - 7.00am.

God of Chosen will definitely heal you. You are blessed.
Re: Hiv Positive Guy In Dilenma And Needs your Help. by manangel(m): 4:39pm On May 12, 2011
@poster,

i dont believe you have any Hiv. it happened to my sister last year. she was terribly sick, during the course of series of tests, it was discovered that my sister was having HIV. we reconfirmed in another lab it was also positive until i took her to isolo general Hospital in lagos, we carried out another test and result showed negative. we carried out another test at a lab adjacent to isolo general Hospital the result was also negative. my sister is now happily married with twins.

so it depends on where the test is carried out. i will advise you try a government Hospital. but if at the end of the day the result is thesame i advise you take it easy as there are various assistance from different organizations to assist poeple wit HIV. it is not the end of the world. it is well with you.
Re: Hiv Positive Guy In Dilenma And Needs your Help. by blueribbon: 6:43pm On May 12, 2011
Starting HIV meds quickly helps protect partner
Findings were so dramatically positive that study was halted five years early

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43006725/ns/health-aids/
Re: Hiv Positive Guy In Dilenma And Needs your Help. by ak47mann(m): 7:45pm On May 12, 2011
blueribbon:

Starting HIV meds quickly helps protect partner
Findings were so dramatically positive that study was halted five years early

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43006725/ns/health-aids/
I knew this hiv was made in science lab to reduce black/African/Asian population already they say in 100 yrs time the world population will hit 9 billion undecided undecided
Re: Hiv Positive Guy In Dilenma And Needs your Help. by Igonih(m): 8:33pm On May 12, 2011
Those of you saying he should not tell his wife and are encouraging him to have kids will you donate your sisters for him to impregnate?
If he is HIV positive and has unprotected sex with a woman and releases his sperm in her, dont you know he could infect her with the virus too? Then the woman will have to recieve treatment to prevent it getting to the child but just see the suffering and long journey involved. Even though, there is still the risk that the child could still be infected. please people, stop telling him to hide his staus from his sexual partner its the dumbest idea of all. If your wife does that to you and says honey I was afraid of telling you and dont worry we can still make babies by having unprotected sex with my status will you like it?

OP just go re-do the test and then seek counseling.
Re: Hiv Positive Guy In Dilenma And Needs your Help. by adros84(m): 9:09pm On May 12, 2011
What is HIV? How is it discovered? What tests are used? Everybody seem to agree that HIV is real just because of the media hype that has gone before. If you interested in knowing the truth about HIV and AIDs, visit www.areyoupositive.org, download and read two e-books there. I bet after reading these books, if you are diagnosed as being HIV positive, you will jump for joy. The truth actually is that it is those who are HIV negative that are at risk. Do not crucify me for this. Go to the website and read. The Bible says: My people perish for lack of knowledge. Please read, read and read>
Re: Hiv Positive Guy In Dilenma And Needs your Help. by ak47mann(m): 12:06am On May 13, 2011
adros84:

What is HIV? How is it discovered? What tests are used? Everybody seem to agree that HIV is real just because of the media hype that has gone before. If you interested in knowing the truth about HIV and AIDs, visit www.areyoupositive.org, download and read two e-books there. I bet after reading these books, if you are diagnosed as being HIV positive, you will jump for joy. The truth actually is that it is those who are HIV negative that are at risk. Do not crucify me for this. Go to the website and read. The Bible says: My people perish for lack of knowledge. Please read, read and read>
SO MR MAN LET ME FIND A WOMAN WITH HIV AND "I WANT YOU" TO SLEEP WITH HER NO CONDOM RAW ALL THE WAY THEN AFTER YOU MIGHT LIVE HAPPY EVER AFTER undecided undecided undecided
Re: Hiv Positive Guy In Dilenma And Needs your Help. by Tricici(f): 12:17am On May 13, 2011
I feel sorry about that really, but you should definitely go for another test and rearrange your lifestyle. Whatever would be the 2nd result be strong and keep the faith. Lord's love will shine thru. All the best
Re: Hiv Positive Guy In Dilenma And Needs your Help. by Digriz(m): 6:52am On May 13, 2011
adros84:

so u still believe in ths philosophy at ths period? I doubt ths claim bcus i hv seen people wt AIDS and i knw its real.
Re: Hiv Positive Guy In Dilenma And Needs your Help. by adros84(m): 8:14am On May 13, 2011
Digriz:

so u still believe in ths philosophy at ths period? I doubt this claim bcus i hv seen people wt AIDS and i knw its real.
ak47mann:

SO MR MAN LET ME FIND A WOMAN WITH HIV AND "I WANT YOU" TO SLEEP WITH HER NO CONDOM RAW ALL THE WAY THEN AFTER YOU MIGHT LIVE HAPPY EVER AFTER undecided undecided undecided

Have you read the books I referred you to? The problem is most Africans are too lazy to read and so they swallow whatever rubbish anyone throws their way. Go read those books and then we shall see if you will still hold the same opinion about HIV and AIDS.

Since you are too lazy to read, let me offer you some info from these books.
1. When you go for HIV tests, you are being tested for the presence of HIV ant bodies in your body. But do you know how antibodies are formed? Do you know what the presence of antibodies indicate? For instance if you are tested and found to have antibodies for polio, what does it mean? Does that mean you have polio? Find out.
2. How many of those being tested for HIV have actually handled the test kits themselves? Try get one of those test kits and read the manufacturer's insert. It's a wealth of information which your lab technologist is hiding from you. Read the insert and come back to discuss here.

Please read!.

As to whether I will sleep with any woman who has tested positive, my answer is simply, No. The Bible says, marriage was instituted to prevent fornication and adultery. I am married and will never sleep with another woman. At moments of temptation, His grace will undoubtedly be sufficient enough for me. I do not refrain from sleeping around because of the fear of HIV/AIDS but because of my fear of God. The Bible says, "The fear of God is the beginning of wisdom"

1 Like

Re: Hiv Positive Guy In Dilenma And Needs your Help. by blueribbon: 8:48am On May 13, 2011
@ak47mann and others

HIV did not come from a laboratory. That is like saying scientists created the flu or smallpox.  HIV developed from intersecting environmental factors.  This virus, which causes the disorder, Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome or AIDS, is now killing millions of people. Until we start discussing this virus with facts, people (avg. people who are the ones transmitting the virus, not scientists) will not have the tools to deal with this epidemic adequately.
Re: Hiv Positive Guy In Dilenma And Needs your Help. by tungstin: 11:06am On May 13, 2011
Its a pathethic story but all the same, if its true, whats done is done.
All you have to do is find a way forward.
Live a normal life by visiting a good hospital to see a counsellor and perhaps placed on an ARV.
Also, there's nothing prayers can"t do. Try it cos it works.
Its also good u are not married yet cos that would have been double worries.
Atleast you have the opportunity to inform your spouse before wedding if she's o.k with the scenerio,
though it would still be difficult but with God, all things are possible.
I really feel for you, although i'll advice you go for 2more rounds of test in a federal medical centre
or teaching hospital to be sure.
These things come out false atimes.
Tis well.
Re: Hiv Positive Guy In Dilenma And Needs your Help. by ak47mann(m): 12:04pm On May 13, 2011
adros84:

Have you read the books I referred you to? The problem is most Africans are too lazy to read and so they swallow whatever rubbish anyone throws their way. Go read those books and then we shall see if you will still hold the same opinion about HIV and AIDS.

Since you are too lazy to read, let me offer you some info from these books.
1. When you go for HIV tests, you are being tested for the presence of HIV ant bodies in your body. But do you know how antibodies are formed? Do you know what the presence of antibodies indicate? For instance if you are tested and found to have antibodies for polio, what does it mean? Does that mean you have polio? Find out.
2. How many of those being tested for HIV have actually handled the test kits themselves? Try get one of those test kits and read the manufacturer's insert. It's a wealth of information which your lab technologist is hiding from you. Read the insert and come back to discuss here.

Please read!.how are my too lazy too read? one thing you have to know is that HIV is real i have seen people living with it even a woman with 5 kids but separated from her husband for 4yrs and she went back to him and not long after that she got pregnant again but doing herpregnancy she was gettin complication till she had the baby in the hospital but the baby were getting sick and the doctors tested her and she was positive even the poor baby was positive too they told her she got it from the man that got her pregnant undecided and the man was dogging the hospital till she told him that she will call the police b4 he agree and she found out that he knew all these while but infected his wife still or ex wife she and her little girl are taking medication but the rest of the kids are fine and from the same man cool cool sad sad

As to whether I will sleep with any woman who has tested positive, my answer is simply, No. The Bible says, marriage was instituted to prevent fornication and adultery. I am married and will never sleep with another woman. At moments of temptation, His grace will undoubtedly be sufficient enough for me. I do not refrain from sleeping around because of the fear of HIV/AIDS but because of my fear of God. The Bible says, "The fear of God is the beginning of wisdom"
Re: Hiv Positive Guy In Dilenma And Needs your Help. by Natasha2(f): 1:08am On May 14, 2011
^^upon every where its this place you saw to post this  undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Hiv Positive Guy In Dilenma And Needs your Help. by Natasha2(f): 1:09am On May 14, 2011
cant say anything right now just go for a second test, I pray you come out Negative kiss
Re: Hiv Positive Guy In Dilenma And Needs your Help. by Gramondhigh(m): 7:07am On May 14, 2011
smiley dear, u dont hv to panic u hv Hiv nt aids it properly maintained u can live as long as u want to. Ok im hiv +ve and i discorvered it when i was 17. And i hv been living wit it for 30 yrs im married with 3 grown up HIV -ve children it just easy. Now u mind how u eat, drink, monitor ur cd4 count and drugs ill be administered when nessesary. Just put it off ur mind coz such is life. As u think about at so it disturbs u. So take it to e like malaria it can be taken care of. Welcome to our wold. Dont panicccccc.smiley
Re: Hiv Positive Guy In Dilenma And Needs your Help. by ak47mann(m): 9:31am On May 14, 2011
Gramondhigh:

smiley dear, u dont hv to panic u hv Hiv nt aids it properly maintained u can live as long as u want to. Ok im hiv +ve and i discorvered it when i was 17. And i hv been living wit it for 30 yrs im married with 3 grown up HIV -ve children it just easy. Now u mind how u eat, drink, monitor your cd4 count and drugs ill be administered when nessesary. Just put it off your mind coz such is life. As u think about at so it disturbs u. So take it to e like malaria it can be taken care of. Welcome to our wold. Dont panicccccc.smiley
shocked shocked shocked are you in Nigeria or America sad sad and the kids are they on medication as well i like your courage i respect that GOD bless you cool cool
Re: Hiv Positive Guy In Dilenma And Needs your Help. by Reuters: 1:22pm On May 14, 2011
Just like others, i have changed my id to tell my own story. i live abroad, precisely in england. during a routine test in august last year, i tested hiv positive. my initial reaction was shock and disbelief, then frustration and anger. at present, my reaction towards it is acceptance.

@ posted, desist from self hate. it will be unhelpful. you will get used to living with hiv. it is not a death sentence. for those exhibiting holier-than-thou attitude, my advice is that you shouldn't. we are all at risk. hiv can come in the way of anyone. i have never had unprotected sex in my life, yet i got this dreaded disease. i must confess that i have had split condoms in the past, but i considered myself healthy and safe until i was made to undergo the test in my work place. i reluctantly accepted but now i am glad that i did. i am now on medication. i now have undetectable viral load and my cd4 count has returned to normal.

i made my beautiful wife-to-be aware of my situation as soon as i found out. she is negative and i don't intend to put her in any dangers. i gave her the option to leave, but she preferred to stick by me. we will be able to have hiv negative babies in the future and she will remain negative with advance in technology. i only told my elder brother in nigeria and will not disclose my status to my parents. i don't want to send them to any early grave. outwardly, i'm still very athletic and healthy. the only difference in my life now is that i take one tablet of atripla before going to bed every night.

take heart and be aware that there are others in your situation. it is not the end of the world. with the correct life style, you will be able to live your normal life span on earth before we meet the Lord.
Re: Hiv Positive Guy In Dilenma And Needs your Help. by Gramondhigh(m): 2:59pm On May 14, 2011
Kk i and my wife are hiv +ve but my children all are negative its possible. Its just drugs, u can kall me if u nee more encouraging words. I am in nigeria plssss
Re: Hiv Positive Guy In Dilenma And Needs your Help. by mrofficial(m): 5:53pm On May 14, 2011
If it took this long for the scientists to get the cure, that means, they will never get the cure. One thing for sure is that, they are lying.

@poser, Reconcile with your God. Read Psalms 6 and 51 into anointing oil. Pray to God as well.

PS: No one is holy.
Re: Hiv Positive Guy In Dilenma And Needs your Help. by Gramondhigh(m): 6:37pm On May 14, 2011
Hv u checked your hiv status try that and stop the stigma coz u might be +ve
Re: Hiv Positive Guy In Dilenma And Needs your Help. by Digriz(m): 8:56pm On May 14, 2011
I wl definitely do my hiv test ds coming week because am nt sure of myself.
Re: Hiv Positive Guy In Dilenma And Needs your Help. by akanke79: 11:36am On May 15, 2011
Re: Hiv Positive Guy In Dilenma And Needs your Help. by akanke79: 12:47pm On May 15, 2011
Re: Hiv Positive Guy In Dilenma And Needs your Help. by tlops(m): 7:26pm On May 15, 2011
aloy-emeka:

OP, seek for help here:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-664391.0.html

I will not be the first to post on the "yeye" thing you posted in the link,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour Compares Prices Of Drugs Between January 2023 & Now / Sleeping Late Will Kill You Earlier - Study / Generator Fume Kills 4 Family Members In Kwara (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.