Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,623 members, 7,820,208 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:21 AM

EURO 2020; Who Do You Think Should Win the Player Of The Tournament? - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / EURO 2020; Who Do You Think Should Win the Player Of The Tournament? (27448 Views)

Aina, Troost-ekong And Lookman Make AFCON-11 Man Team Of The Tournament / Ahmed Musa Reacts As His Goal Is Nominated For World Cup Goal Of The Tournament / World Cup 2018: Musa’s Goal Nominated For Goal Of The Tournament - details (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EURO 2020; Who Do You Think Should Win the Player Of The Tournament? by kherlly(m): 4:31pm On Jul 10, 2021
pacespot:
It seems this Euro 2021 is overshadowed by the Messi's Copa America final taking place the same day.

I'm yet to see post bout it
Re: EURO 2020; Who Do You Think Should Win the Player Of The Tournament? by bassman007(m): 4:40pm On Jul 10, 2021
Carparts:
Bros i do watch it. Ciro has 2 goals 2 assists. Best record for Italian players in this Euro.
Italy fans are actually clamouring for Immobile to be dropped for the final game. He gives the ball away too often and misses a lot of chances. They were even angry that Mancini didn't sub him earlier in the last game. Ciro is a fantastic player but he hasn't been consistent enough in this euros to win best player.

1 Like

Re: EURO 2020; Who Do You Think Should Win the Player Of The Tournament? by HEAVEN4444: 4:45pm On Jul 10, 2021
Reference:

No serious punter bets on the finals of any tournament.

On the matter at hand, it will be difficult to call.
This tournament has been a 'Team' affair. Most teams have risen to the occasion or fallen together. There has not been a player consistently better than either his team mates or opposing team players throughout the tournament. That is why there has been an above average number of matches going to extra time and penalties.

On another day it could easily have been a Spain/Denmark finals or a Belgium/France finals. Such has been the close performances between the elite teams and elite players both in forward play and defence.

Perhaps the referees should get the nod. They have been outstanding and commanded contests to the highest levels I have seen in any tournament I have watched since the 1982 World Cup in Spain.

i hear all you are saying. i would not say i am a serious punter though lol. i do it for the adrenaline rush. but i think i am done looking for the adrenaline rush of winning grin grin
Re: EURO 2020; Who Do You Think Should Win the Player Of The Tournament? by madridsta007(m): 4:45pm On Jul 10, 2021
ambassadorgozie:
Tomorrow is the final of EUROs.
Who are you rooting for the Golden ball? For me, the best player of the tournament so far is Sterling. Closely followed by Insigne and Chiesa.

Dive or not, Sterling has been terrific.
Let me hear yours.
Sterling.
Re: EURO 2020; Who Do You Think Should Win the Player Of The Tournament? by seangy4konji: 4:47pm On Jul 10, 2021
Abeg who go win between Brazil and Argentine tonight
Re: EURO 2020; Who Do You Think Should Win the Player Of The Tournament? by moufan: 4:49pm On Jul 10, 2021
Jokerman:
Cristiano Ronaldo is still the highest rated player even after leaving the euros, but trust agenda... However let it be given to Chiellini or In signs
highest rated by who?? scoring 3 penalties and 2 tap ins Ahahaha
Re: EURO 2020; Who Do You Think Should Win the Player Of The Tournament? by bolousadex: 4:49pm On Jul 10, 2021
This is the easiest thing ever...win or lose, it's Sterling. He's been the best player in this tournament.
Re: EURO 2020; Who Do You Think Should Win the Player Of The Tournament? by Sunkyboie(m): 4:49pm On Jul 10, 2021
That Napoli guy wey put on No 10 Jersey
Re: EURO 2020; Who Do You Think Should Win the Player Of The Tournament? by Gbengesh: 4:52pm On Jul 10, 2021
DenreleDave:
grin grin

I would have chosen Penaldo aka rapenaldo, tapnaldo failurenaldo but the guy is a failure... He did nothing spectacular in this tournament..

All he did was to wait for his team mates do the hard work and he takes the glory.
Imagine 5 goals with 3 or 4 penalties.. Losernaldo angry grin

Penaldo is such a loser.

Nairalanders pls let us all gather and pray for KING MESSI....

THE COPA AMERICA IS OURS... I IMPLORE PENALDO FANS TO JOIN US grin grin grin grin

For your mind abi, Haters sha
Re: EURO 2020; Who Do You Think Should Win the Player Of The Tournament? by Ayemoso17: 4:52pm On Jul 10, 2021
Harry Maguire for being outstanding in the defence for England.
Re: EURO 2020; Who Do You Think Should Win the Player Of The Tournament? by pacespot(m): 4:55pm On Jul 10, 2021
handsomeyinka:

Its not same day..

Copa is Saturday
Euro is Sunday

Copa is early Sunday in Nigerian time but it is Saturday in South American time.
Re: EURO 2020; Who Do You Think Should Win the Player Of The Tournament? by sylve11: 4:57pm On Jul 10, 2021
paulolee:

none deserves it even if they win or score....kane was quiet all through the group stage n dt last game sterling dive had already ruled him out..

You sure sey you dey watch this tournament so?

Sterling diving? How? embarassed cool
Re: EURO 2020; Who Do You Think Should Win the Player Of The Tournament? by Tayor23(m): 4:57pm On Jul 10, 2021
ambassadorgozie:

Damsgaard tried, even forsberg of Sweden. But they didn't reach the final.

For Chiellini/Bonucci, I don't think any of them can win it. They no too dey reason defenders
you guys are not mentioning maguire..The best I have seen him
Re: EURO 2020; Who Do You Think Should Win the Player Of The Tournament? by Emeka71(m): 4:57pm On Jul 10, 2021
Nbotee:
Damsgaard of Denmark has been a revelation but they are not in the Finals. Chiellini/Bonucci have been phenomenal
That's right.
Re: EURO 2020; Who Do You Think Should Win the Player Of The Tournament? by Dharniel600(m): 4:58pm On Jul 10, 2021
Jorginho. The guy has played every minute for Italy and he has been brilliant.....

1 Like

Re: EURO 2020; Who Do You Think Should Win the Player Of The Tournament? by DissTroy(m): 5:07pm On Jul 10, 2021
vickydevoka:
Mount or jorginho

You Chelsea fans and this Jorginho propaganda you've been peddling for days now. He's not even in the top five Euro 2020 Player of the Tournament ratings.
Re: EURO 2020; Who Do You Think Should Win the Player Of The Tournament? by Carparts: 5:12pm On Jul 10, 2021
bassman007:
Italy fans are actually clamouring for Immobile to be dropped for the final game. He gives the ball away too often and misses a lot of chances. They were even angry that Mancini didn't sub him earlier in the last game. Ciro is a fantastic player but he hasn't been consistent enough in this euros to win best player.
Bros i agree with you. I mean best Italy player not best Euro player. Ronaldo will win best Euro player unless Kane can score 2 more goals vs Italy. Ronaldo has 5 goals 1 assist and tops the list.
Re: EURO 2020; Who Do You Think Should Win the Player Of The Tournament? by Sholaco: 5:16pm On Jul 10, 2021
Super eagle cheesy
Re: EURO 2020; Who Do You Think Should Win the Player Of The Tournament? by Boukac: 5:22pm On Jul 10, 2021
Op just mentioned insigne, what exactly is his contribution? Nigga has been kept at bay throughout this tournament chiesa deserves more recognition than him. If England wins tomorrow POT should be either Maguire, Or Sterling.
JSYK....8 yrs fb acct for sale, check my siggy for my contacts
Re: EURO 2020; Who Do You Think Should Win the Player Of The Tournament? by niytej(m): 5:23pm On Jul 10, 2021
Nbotee:

Dis may b one of those years where a defender wins it... D last time Italy won a major tournament, their defender was the player of the tournament (Cannavaro 2006)

Yeah, and he went on to win the Ballon D'or that same year.
Re: EURO 2020; Who Do You Think Should Win the Player Of The Tournament? by CSTRR: 5:28pm On Jul 10, 2021
DissTroy:

You Chelsea fans and this Jorginho propaganda you've been peddling for days now. He's not even in the top five Euro 2020 Player of the Tournament ratings.
Propaganda?

Even sarri and other Italians are calling him their best player and tipping him for the balond'or.

1 Like

Re: EURO 2020; Who Do You Think Should Win the Player Of The Tournament? by Ezehillary(m): 5:36pm On Jul 10, 2021
DenreleDave:
grin grin

I would have chosen Penaldo aka rapenaldo, tapnaldo failurenaldo but the guy is a failure... He did nothing spectacular in this tournament..

All he did was to wait for his team mates do the hard work and he takes the glory.
Imagine 5 goals with 3 or 4 penalties.. Losernaldo angry grin

Penaldo is such a loser.

Nairalanders pls let us all gather and pray for KING MESSI....

THE COPA AMERICA IS OURS... I IMPLORE PENALDO FANS TO JOIN US grin grin grin grin
if Ronaldo is a failure that means you are dead already,
Re: EURO 2020; Who Do You Think Should Win the Player Of The Tournament? by placeofallure(f): 5:44pm On Jul 10, 2021
Nbotee:

Dis may b one of those years where a defender wins it... D last time Italy won a major tournament, their defender was the player of the tournament (Cannavaro 2006)

Yeah I remember. Fabian Cannavaro.
That was also the year my team refuse to win the Champions League.
Re: EURO 2020; Who Do You Think Should Win the Player Of The Tournament? by mekusmanuel(f): 5:45pm On Jul 10, 2021
I give it to Bellardi of Italy. He has been so wonderful
Re: EURO 2020; Who Do You Think Should Win the Player Of The Tournament? by DeCamer(m): 5:46pm On Jul 10, 2021
EROMS38:
Chielsa, damsgard or Dani Olmo
For mentioning Olmo. that guy is really good.

1 Like

Re: EURO 2020; Who Do You Think Should Win the Player Of The Tournament? by Nobody: 5:51pm On Jul 10, 2021
Re: EURO 2020; Who Do You Think Should Win the Player Of The Tournament? by clefstone(m): 6:07pm On Jul 10, 2021
Nbotee:

Zidane was player of the tournament, Cannavaro won Fifa footballer of the year
Re: EURO 2020; Who Do You Think Should Win the Player Of The Tournament? by YoungAncient1: 6:14pm On Jul 10, 2021
Sterling of England
Re: EURO 2020; Who Do You Think Should Win the Player Of The Tournament? by Alamuro1(m): 6:22pm On Jul 10, 2021
Raheem Sterling of England deserves it
Re: EURO 2020; Who Do You Think Should Win the Player Of The Tournament? by Samphoenix1: 6:26pm On Jul 10, 2021
If Kane scores in the final then he should win it if not then Saka should collect it
Re: EURO 2020; Who Do You Think Should Win the Player Of The Tournament? by Progressyac: 6:29pm On Jul 10, 2021
I go with Italy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Unai Emery Appoints New Captain After Fall Out With Koscielny / Erling Haaland Breaks Premier League Record For Most Goals In A Season / Commentator Addresses Peter Rufai As ‘Late’ During Libya Vs Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.