Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,751 members, 7,809,881 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:31 PM

Why Are Nigerians Worshipping Everything European - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are Nigerians Worshipping Everything European (2913 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu's Statement About Apostle Suleman & Igbos Worshipping In His Church / Osinbajo Worshipping In Church In 1995 (Tony Rapu's Throwback Video) / Why I Avoid Worshipping In National Mosque – Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Nigerians Worshipping Everything European by theTranslator: 1:11am On Jul 16, 2021
zhike:

It was just an incident, Government promised that this kind of looting will never happen again .
Our government must just deal with overcrowding that is caused by lot of foreigners.
I can't believe this
You're still trying to put the blame on foreigners! shocked
You guys are pathetic

I have now seen that Nigeria is better than SA undecided
Re: Why Are Nigerians Worshipping Everything European by Rossinkipp: 1:54am On Jul 16, 2021
StandardJohn:
Na only persin wer never comot for this shithole dey type dis shit. Bro gather small money try comot for Naija go small con3 like liberia, u go pray make u no remember Naija again for your whole life.
The truth be say our con3 don cast, na we no wan gree.

Mumu. Have YOU been to Liberia?

What is in Liberia?

Useless stupid dunce. It is your type that ended up as slaves in Libya.

Keep deceiving your fellow dullards here that life is better everywhere outside Nigeria.

Stupid, ignorant goats drowning in self-hatred.

Who cursed you people to hate yourselves like this, only God knows.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Worshipping Everything European by Rossinkipp: 2:07am On Jul 16, 2021
omoharry:
why don’t you start with urself ? After all, Nigeria is just a geographical space that is inhabited by people . Are you a good person ? Do you love ur fellow black man ? Do you also help in polluting the environment, just like every other person ? Are you telling me that you have never gone through the back door just to hastened things up for your benefit , just becos you have the means to ?
I bet you , If you become a leader today your language will change and you will become very selfish ,mean heartless and unsympathetic just like our leaders.. your ego & pride will grow 10 times becos that is the nature of a black man.

So, YOU are a black man, correct?

So YOU, if you became a leader, would grow 10 times in ego and pride, become mean, heartless and unsympathetic, correct?

SAY YES.

See, I don't like when some of you imbeciles come in here and say ''black people are'' this negative thing or the other. Say ''I AM....'' (whatever negative characteristic). That's the correct way.

This cognitive dissonance whereby you imbeciles attach all this negativity to black people while being black yourself, and imagining you are somehow exempt from your hideous characterisation of the race, simply needs to stop.

It is senseless and untenable. The people who invented racism did not say ''some'' blacks are stupid or inferior or unworthy. They said ALL blacks are that way. So excluding yourself makes no sense.

So if you think ''black people'' are whatever, start by saying ''I AM'' that thing you are labelling them as, be it dumb, evil, wicked, selfish, corrupt etc etc.

Else you're exhibiting extreme idiocy.

Thank you.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Worshipping Everything European by somehow: 7:17am On Jul 16, 2021
Rossinkipp:

So YOU, if you became a leader, would grow 10 times in ego and pride, become mean, heartless and unsympathetic, correct?

SAY YES.

See, I don't like when some of you imbeciles come in here and say ''black people are'' this negative thing or the other. Say ''I AM....'' (whatever negative characteristic). That's the correct way.

This cognitive dissonance whereby you imbeciles attach all this negativity to black people while being black yourself, and imagining you are somehow exempt from your hideous characterisation of the race, simply needs to stop.

It is senseless and untenable. The people who invented racism did not say ''some'' blacks are stupid or inferior or unworthy. They said ALL blacks are that way. So excluding yourself makes no sense.

So if you think ''black people'' are whatever, start by saying ''I AM'' that thing you are labelling them as, be it dumb, evil, wicked, selfish, corrupt etc etc.

Thank you.

You were never black
Europeans tagged you black to degrade you.

Your color is not black and was never black

KNOW who you are, know peace and progress.

You are a man of color, not a black man!

Re: Why Are Nigerians Worshipping Everything European by somehow: 7:29am On Jul 16, 2021
aribisala0:

Why? Because when they came you allowed them to replace your gods with theirs. Effectively you have no gods but are enslaved to the idea of their god and also the Arabic god.
You have been made to believe that you are not in the plan of "God" unless you follow THEIR book and all your stories of "GOD" are wrong but that a supreme God chose Hebrews above YOU. In that narrative there is NOT ONE ACCOUNT of "God" talking to black men
What is the problem ? Many of us believe that with either "The Bible says" or The Quran says psychology
NOT ONE time did Jehovah or Allah talk to any of our ancestors in Nigeria? Well deep down if we believe that can we really like ourselves?
Well I do not accept that I think there are no greater evils that have befallen the black African than Christianity and Islam

But you are not black to begin with.

Who tagged you black?
And why did you accept to be called black when you're not black?
Re: Why Are Nigerians Worshipping Everything European by somehow: 7:34am On Jul 16, 2021
DuwaRepublic:

We are the true Hebrews. Most of the stories in the bible is our story. Abraham was black, Noah was so fair skinned, his parents thought he was an alien

No human on earth is black.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Worshipping Everything European by aribisala0(m): 8:12am On Jul 16, 2021
somehow:

But you are not black to begin with.

Who tagged you black?
And why did you accept to be called black when you're not black?
That is a Phd subject and while it is interesting it is irrelevant here.
If you want to debate that create a thread for that. Bringing that subject here is indicative of an unfocussed mind
If you are sincere create a thread and I will gladly join you . With respect within the context of this thread it is the sort of tangential remark one expects from a child or an adult with ADHD
Re: Why Are Nigerians Worshipping Everything European by somehow: 9:47am On Jul 16, 2021
aribisala0:
That is a Phd subject and while it is interesting it is irrelevant here.
If you want to debate that create a thread for that. Bringing that subject here is indicative of an unfocussed mind
If you are sincere create a thread and I will gladly join you . With respect within the context of this thread it is the sort of tangential remark one expects from a child or an adult with ADHD

I did not comment for debate
It's not a question you must answer here but a question you should answer within yourself.

I choose to ignore the rest of the irrelevant writeups
Re: Why Are Nigerians Worshipping Everything European by omoharry(f): 10:06am On Jul 16, 2021
Rossinkipp:

SAY YES.

Thank you.

It has nothing to do with racism . It’s who we are . We don’t look beyond our nose nor do we love ourselves . Look around you Mr man and stop living in denial . We don’t love ourselves and we use every opportunity to show case our superiority over others . We don’t care about our society nor do we respect our environment .
We break laws like no mans business but we are the first to run to the western world with a cleaners environment and with a working system .Then our animalistic tendencies is quickly contained, Becos we know that we will be persecuted or be deported if we break their laws.
We use our tribal & religious prejudice to defend our own when they are caught red handed for corruption or found breaking the laws but we are the fight to cry that Nigeria is not working .
Look in the mirror Mr man and tell me if we we are not our own problem .
Re: Why Are Nigerians Worshipping Everything European by aribisala0(m): 10:07am On Jul 16, 2021
somehow:

I did not comment for debate
It's not a question you must answer here but a question you should answer within yourself.

I choose to ignore the rest of the irrelevant writeups
Is it not foolish for you to go around telling people what they should do within themselves when you do not know them?

Clearly you lack wisdom to know how to do the right thing at the right time in the right place

If you want to embark on a crusade to get people to stop calling themselves "black" because you believe it is a misnomer is this how to go about it and do you think you will succeed? That is what wisdom is about
Re: Why Are Nigerians Worshipping Everything European by somehow: 10:10am On Jul 16, 2021
aribisala0:
Is it not foolish for you to go around telling people what they should do within themselves when you do not know them?

Clearly you lack wisdom to know how to do the right thing at the right time in the right place

If you want to embark on a crusade to get people to stop calling themselves "black" because you believe it is a misnomer is this how to go about it and do you think you will succeed? That is what wisdom is about

Talk like a civilized man and not what your yellow European masters tagged you: "Uncivilized".

My initial comment was mild, polite without insults, but you responded by acting like a black man indeed as described by your yellow European masters.

You used the word "Black" to describe yourself, hence my trying to educate you, but it seems you're not different from the rest with lost identities.

You are fighting against your ethnic group being called a tribe but insulting someone who's trying to remind you of where it all started from.

You have no right to tell me where and when to correct a wrong statement on a public forum.

Slavery is skin deep.

Good day.

Re: Why Are Nigerians Worshipping Everything European by aribisala0(m): 10:22am On Jul 16, 2021
somehow:

Talk like a civilized man and not what your yellow European masters tagged you: "Uncivilized".

My initial comment was mild, polite without insults, but you responded by acting like a black man indeed as described by your yellow European masters.

You used the word "Black" to describe yourself, hence my trying to educate you, but it seems you're not different from the rest with lost identities.

You are fighting against your ethnic group being called a tribe but insulting someone who's trying to remind you of where it all started from.

You have no right to tell me where and when to correct a wrong statement on a public forum.

Slavery is skin deep.

Good day.

The problem with ignoramuses like you is you don't know and you don't know that you don't know but think you know everything.

It is not my job to educate you.
It is presumptuous of you to assume anything about anyone
I have every right to tell you to keep your ignorance to yourself.
If you are confident enough about what you think you know on the etymology of the use of the word "black" as a descriptive. Create a thread for that , I will school you gratis
Here you are derailing the thread and constituting a nuisance
Re: Why Are Nigerians Worshipping Everything European by Nobody: 10:53am On Jul 16, 2021
somehow:

No human on earth is black.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilGqr7-7jlc

Watch this.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Worshipping Everything European by somehow: 10:55am On Jul 16, 2021
DuwaRepublic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilGqr7-7jlc

Watch this.

This does not even answer anything, infact it furthers support what I have been against.

All the images in the video are of people with yellow skin and long hair.

Has nothing to do with what men of color who are suppose to be the first set of humans on earth looked like.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Worshipping Everything European by zhike: 10:05pm On Jul 17, 2021
omoharry:
If we will learn anything definitely not from those hateful xenophobic black humans beings . I prefer Nigerians to black SA any time any day .

The problem is that you don’t know South Africans.
You don’t know what triggers the looting.
My friend you can compare South Africans with Nigerians
Re: Why Are Nigerians Worshipping Everything European by zhike: 10:09pm On Jul 17, 2021
omoharry:
fok off and go enjoy ur loot . Just look at you . You have not removed the spec from you eyes but you wish to do so from another person . Black SA that are lazy and only good in violence and looting people shop. If they are not doing that they are busy killing other Africans that they are stealing their jobs . Lazy bones want to advice us to take after them . I would rather look out from the good things from other Africans than copy anything from you hateful human beings.
Funny enough , Why your sudden interest in Nigeria now ? Have suddenly gone bored with the crisis presently rocking SA? Pls face your county let us face ours .

Why makes you to conclude that South Africans are lazy?
We do have rights to chase illegal foreigners from our country, they should go back and fix their country.

South Africans have valid reasons behind looting.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Worshipping Everything European by zhike: 10:11pm On Jul 17, 2021
omoharry:
Ya!! The foreigners are now to be blamed for this free Zuma that lead to this crisis . The foreigners ask you to loot people’s shops and source of livelihood . You SA have no shame .neither are you responsible . You do things and you blame another over why you did it .
It has been confirmed that more that 70% of the looters were foreigners.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Worshipping Everything European by zhike: 12:55am On Jul 18, 2021
omoharry:
fok off and go enjoy ur loot . Just look at you . You have not removed the spec from you eyes but you wish to do so from another person . Black SA that are lazy and only good in violence and looting people shop. If they are not doing that they are busy killing other Africans that they are stealing their jobs . Lazy bones want to advice us to take after them . I would rather look out from the good things from other Africans than copy anything from you hateful human beings.
Funny enough , Why your sudden interest in Nigeria now ? Have suddenly gone bored with the crisis presently rocking SA? Pls face your county let us face ours .

I guess that looting that is happening in SA is better than The killing and kidnapping that are happening in Nigeria
Re: Why Are Nigerians Worshipping Everything European by zhike: 1:03am On Jul 18, 2021
omoharry:
ya! but the people he fought for are a disgrace to his legacy . Just look at them ! Bunch of hateful people .
They are not hateful, the problem is that other people are trying to take their food.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Worshipping Everything European by zhike: 1:19am On Jul 18, 2021
omoharry:
why don’t you start with urself ? After all, Nigeria is just a geographical space that is inhabited by people . Are you a good person ? Do you love ur fellow black man ? Do you also help in polluting the environment, just like every other person ? Are you telling me that you have never gone through the back door just to hastened things up for your benefit , just becos you have the means to ?
I bet you , If you become a leader today your language will change and you will become very selfish ,mean heartless and unsympathetic just like our leaders.. your ego & pride will grow 10 times becos that is the nature of a black man .
The only way that will stop such behavior is only if we have a system in place to address such issues .. meaning that when cause and consequence is strictly adhere to in this country, then may be things can begin to work . But who will make that change ?
. It means people can be called to question no matter how highly placed they are or think of themselves . They can be persecuted If found guilty .However, this is cannot happen becos we are in Africa . Africa- where money talks and bullshit walks.
SA is upside down becos a powerful man that is suppose to be persecuted for his crimes is being defended by people who are suppose to question him to give account of his stewardship but the Typical stupid black SA People would rather fight & kill themselves just to defend him .
So I will say we are a very unique species of human beings . We like to be oppressed and would rather die to defend that oppressor over our liberators . We deserve our leaders.
Sorry if my words come to u as harsh . I was only trying to emphasize the characteristic of majority of the African people and the reason why we have remained impoverished and oppressed over the years

Not everyone will be corrupt when they become leaders.
There is nothing Wrong with Africans.

The first thing that leaders need to do is to strength the justice system in the country.
Zuma is in jail, and some can complain but there is nothing they can do
Re: Why Are Nigerians Worshipping Everything European by zhike: 1:21am On Jul 18, 2021
theTranslator:

I can't believe this
You're still trying to put the blame on foreigners! shocked
You guys are pathetic

I have now seen that Nigeria is better than SA undecided
Nigeria is 50 yrs behind South Africa.
Indeed, overcrowding issue need to be dealt with in sa
Re: Why Are Nigerians Worshipping Everything European by zhike: 1:25am On Jul 18, 2021
Rossinkipp:

SAY YES.

Thank you.

True
Re: Why Are Nigerians Worshipping Everything European by zhike: 1:31am On Jul 18, 2021
aribisala0:

The problem with ignoramuses like you is you don't know and you don't know that you don't know but think you know everything.

It is not my job to educate you.
It is presumptuous of you to assume anything about anyone
I have every right to tell you to keep your ignorance to yourself.
If you are confident enough about what you think you know on the etymology of the use of the word "black" as a descriptive. Create a thread for that , I will school you gratis
Here you are derailing the thread and constituting a nuisance
I don’t see anything wrong to be classified as black.
Let’s forget the past and build our countries
Re: Why Are Nigerians Worshipping Everything European by aribisala0(m): 10:26am On Jul 18, 2021
zhike:

I don’t see anything wrong to be classified as black.
Let’s forget the past and build our countries
It is a big subject that is too much to be talking about on this thread without derailing.
There are many sides to the debate but that guy does not know as much as he thinks he knows. He wrongly assumes that the term started with European

In Yoruba language class categories are limited as are personal pronouns e.g. In Yoruba there is no He or she, no No gender categorization for brother and sister.
Many things in Yoruba language are classed as funfun(White) and Dudu (Black) for example there is amala dudu and amala funfun
Many might argue that amala is not black etc
In Yoruba language there is n word for green , brown, grey etc
So I believe that person has limited and very superficial knowledge and has not really researched the issues but is filled with empty hubris and assumes he knows everything

Anyway I really do not want to discuss that issue any more on this thread but will gladly do so elsewhere
Re: Why Are Nigerians Worshipping Everything European by theTranslator: 12:07pm On Jul 18, 2021
zhike:

Nigeria is 50 yrs behind South Africa.
Indeed, overcrowding issue need to be dealt with in sa
grin cheesy
If you don't know
If Nigeria had good leadership from now on

We'll dust you in two years cheesy
Re: Why Are Nigerians Worshipping Everything European by zhike: 7:46pm On Jul 18, 2021
theTranslator:
grin cheesy
If you don't know
If Nigeria had good leadership from now on

We'll dust you in two years cheesy

Hahaha,
I do believe that Nigeria can overtake South Africa, but 2 years is little my friend at least 50 years.

The first thing Nigeria should do is to fix the justice system.
In Nigeria currently there is no law, that is why Nigeria is going back wards.

As South African I would also be happy to see Nigeria progressing.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Worshipping Everything European by zhike: 8:00pm On Jul 18, 2021
aribisala0:
It is a big subject that is too much to be talking about on this thread without derailing.
There are many sides to the debate but that guy does not know as much as he thinks he knows. He wrongly assumes that the term started with European

In Yoruba language class categories are limited as are personal pronouns e.g. In Yoruba there is no He or she, no No gender categorization for brother and sister.
Many things in Yoruba language are classed as funfun(White) and Dudu (Black) for example there is amala dudu and amala funfun
Many might argue that amala is not black etc
In Yoruba language there is n word for green , brown, grey etc
So I believe that person has limited and very superficial knowledge and has not really researched the issues but is filled with empty hubris and assumes he knows everything

Anyway I really do not want to discuss that issue any more on this thread but will gladly do so elsewhere

Thanks a lot for the good explanation.

Kindly note that there is no racism based with the colour of the skin.
For example in Pretoria there is lot of white People that are homeless , black people undermine them and they respect black people.
As a black person will you be offended when a poor white person insults you with racism words, obviously no.
But if a rich white person utter racism words to you, you will be offended.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Worshipping Everything European by aribisala0(m): 8:04pm On Jul 18, 2021
zhike:

As a black person will you be offended when a poor white person insults you with racism words, obviously no.
But if a rich white person utter racism words to you, you will be offended.

I do not understand your reasoning or logic

I imagine we are from completely different backgrounds
Re: Why Are Nigerians Worshipping Everything European by theTranslator: 8:15pm On Jul 18, 2021
zhike:

Hahaha,
I do believe that Nigeria can overtake South Africa, but 2 years is little my friend at least 50 years.

The first thing Nigeria should do is to fix the justice system.
In Nigeria currently there is no law, that is why Nigeria is going back wards.

As South African I would also be happy to see Nigeria progressing.
Trash
The highest we need is 7 years
In 50 years we would be a word power
I ain't blabbing
Nigeria's potential is enormous
You don't know anything about Nigeria
Google the Nigerian first republic success
We had many firsts in Africa
where was SA?

If we get restructuring
We would explode and shock the world
The dollar was once less than the naira
Then we had no oil
Only Agriculture
I ain't joking
Use a search engine
Nigeria is one of the major reasons black people suffer racism all over the world

In the end we are all African
Pray for Nigeria (if you believe in God)
Elédùmarè bless Africa!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fraud Of 1.1 M Usd ( 550m ) Kyari Collected 300 K (800 Usd ) Nigerian Are Dumb / Throwback To Tordue Salem, The Late Vangard Reporter's Social Media Posts. / Bola Tinubu Vs Peter Obi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.