Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,023 members, 7,814,500 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:52 PM

Suspected Herdsmen Kill Olori Odo, Youth Leader, Injure 2 Others In Ibadan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Suspected Herdsmen Kill Olori Odo, Youth Leader, Injure 2 Others In Ibadan (25370 Views)

Boko Haram Attacks Ali Modu Sheriff's Convoy, Kills 3 Policemen, 2 Others / Shiite Members Storm National Assembly, Injure 2 Policemen (photos) / Fulani Herdsmen Kill 2 Soldiers, Injure 2 Others In Benue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Suspected Herdsmen Kill Olori Odo, Youth Leader, Injure 2 Others In Ibadan by November1857(m): 7:17am On Jul 11, 2021
Some people suspected to be Fulani herdsmen have allegedly killed a village youth leader in Ibadan, the Oyo State capital.

DAILY POST gathered on Saturday that the youth leader, who is popularly known as Olori Odo, was shot by the Fulani herdsmen who invaded Akinkunmi village, in Akinyele local government area.

Akinkunmi village is close to Kara market where cattle, rams and other livestock are being sold.

DAILY POST learnt from residents that the Fulani herdsmen attempted to kidnap two people at Akinkunmi village on Saturday.

However, one of the victims escaped.

Our correspondent learnt that Olori Odo and other youths went in search of the kidnappers, but the kidnappers fired shots at three of them, including Olori Odo.

Odo later died as a result of the gunshots, DAILY POST gathered.

Two other people who sustained various degrees of injuries are still receiving treatment at a health facility within the local government area, DAILY POST gathered.

Rasak Ishola, who is a commercial motorcyclist narrated how the Fulani herdsmen killed the village youth leader.

It was gathered that one of the suspected Fulani herdsmen has been arrested. The suspect, according to the sources, is still at Moniya Police station.

However, all efforts made by DAILY POST to get a reaction from the Police Public Relations Officer of the State Police command, Mr Adewale Osifeso proved abortive.

Calls put to his mobile phone were not successful, while a message sent to him has not been replied as of the time of filing this report.

https://dailypost.ng/2021/07/11/suspected-herdsmen-allegedly-kill-youth-leader-injure-two-others-in-ibadan/?amp=1

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Suspected Herdsmen Kill Olori Odo, Youth Leader, Injure 2 Others In Ibadan by tillaman(m): 7:20am On Jul 11, 2021
shocked
Oh what a good time to be a Nigerian, they are going after Igboho with full force but they can’t curb these herdsmen that are on rampage since PMB started ruling, where them BMC dey?? USA no go see this one now

74 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Suspected Herdsmen Kill Olori Odo, Youth Leader, Injure 2 Others In Ibadan by Lawlab2: 7:27am On Jul 11, 2021
Ok
Re: Suspected Herdsmen Kill Olori Odo, Youth Leader, Injure 2 Others In Ibadan by truthfulparrot(m): 7:30am On Jul 11, 2021
Is it not ironical that DSS is going after Sunday Igboho who has been defending the Yoruba against the rapacious herdsmen?

The bandits that are kidnapping our children, raping our wives and daughters and killing our men are walking freely with AK 47 hanging on their necks but our DSS is busy pursuing Sunday Igboho and Kanu!

171 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Suspected Herdsmen Kill Olori Odo, Youth Leader, Injure 2 Others In Ibadan by HellAnus: 7:30am On Jul 11, 2021
Joromi1:
The Fulani government will turn a blind eye now but if the youths decide to launch a reprisal attack on these useless herdsmen you'll see DSS, soldiers, police, JTF and even Manowar coming to protect them.

Hypocrite afonja!!

If the killing was in the SE, u would have applauded them

107 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Suspected Herdsmen Kill Olori Odo, Youth Leader, Injure 2 Others In Ibadan by nonhuman(m): 7:33am On Jul 11, 2021
So what do you want nigerians to do now
Re: Suspected Herdsmen Kill Olori Odo, Youth Leader, Injure 2 Others In Ibadan by Joromi1: 7:33am On Jul 11, 2021
HellAnus:

Hypocrite afonja!!

Point me where I have ever applauded them or bury your flat head in shame.

47 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Suspected Herdsmen Kill Olori Odo, Youth Leader, Injure 2 Others In Ibadan by nonhuman(m): 7:34am On Jul 11, 2021
So what do you want nigerians to do now. Buhari is still the president, so there is nothing we can do

10 Likes

Re: Suspected Herdsmen Kill Olori Odo, Youth Leader, Injure 2 Others In Ibadan by nonhuman(m): 7:37am On Jul 11, 2021
Joromi1:

you have been a fulani supporter in this forum, and a hater of anyone ready to defend himself against fulani marauders

112 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Suspected Herdsmen Kill Olori Odo, Youth Leader, Injure 2 Others In Ibadan by nifemi25(m): 7:39am On Jul 11, 2021
A whole olori odo that does not has bullet proof charm. May his soul rest in peace

5 Likes

Re: Suspected Herdsmen Kill Olori Odo, Youth Leader, Injure 2 Others In Ibadan by HellAnus: 7:39am On Jul 11, 2021
Joromi1:

Ozuo! Keep waiting for me to point out ur shame to you.

71 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Suspected Herdsmen Kill Olori Odo, Youth Leader, Injure 2 Others In Ibadan by Ruggedniggaone: 7:42am On Jul 11, 2021
People of southwest are now powerless against the invaders thanks to buhari and all the bastard sellout shouting apc change upandown

74 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Suspected Herdsmen Kill Olori Odo, Youth Leader, Injure 2 Others In Ibadan by Ever8090: 7:46am On Jul 11, 2021
Na waoooo..... thought this shit should be over by now!!!....but what exactly do they say is their problem...??
Re: Suspected Herdsmen Kill Olori Odo, Youth Leader, Injure 2 Others In Ibadan by Easternmind(m): 7:50am On Jul 11, 2021
Add those that fulani herdsmen sent to Benin republic into IDP from ogun villages.
When they start reprisals you'll see how even FG will stand up to start wailing.

13 Likes

Re: Suspected Herdsmen Kill Olori Odo, Youth Leader, Injure 2 Others In Ibadan by realstars: 7:52am On Jul 11, 2021
Which one is suspected herdsmen again?
they are the real fulani group of people who are doing their business. Suppriseinly' the only busness they Overstand is to kill those humans that kills their cows for food.
one thing i like fish' is that, fishermen will never kill those that eat fish.
More so 'Jesus Christ Of Nazared' usess fish to feed people. not aboki cow.

9 Likes

Re: Suspected Herdsmen Kill Olori Odo, Youth Leader, Injure 2 Others In Ibadan by Asgard73: 8:05am On Jul 11, 2021
Southwest “ might” soon turn to Ethiopia... not wishing violence..

Yoruba and their Oga them...their wahala

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Suspected Herdsmen Kill Olori Odo, Youth Leader, Injure 2 Others In Ibadan by AntiBMC(m): 8:19am On Jul 11, 2021
I thought the arrest of Kanu would have stopped these Fulani killings.

We are still waiting for d JTF to launch a manhunt for terrorist herdsmen nd kidnappers like they did in SE

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Suspected Herdsmen Kill Olori Odo, Youth Leader, Injure 2 Others In Ibadan by mytime24(f): 8:51am On Jul 11, 2021
And when u think there's peace in d land

Then suddenly
#fulani herdsmen start looking for blood to suck undecided

3 Likes

Re: Suspected Herdsmen Kill Olori Odo, Youth Leader, Injure 2 Others In Ibadan by techWriter2: 9:04am On Jul 11, 2021
coward afonja If the death was in the SE u would have applauded them

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Suspected Herdsmen Kill Olori Odo, Youth Leader, Injure 2 Others In Ibadan by FoolaniHellman: 9:14am On Jul 11, 2021
Fulani ti takeover

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Suspected Herdsmen Kill Olori Odo, Youth Leader, Injure 2 Others In Ibadan by mancoconut: 9:27am On Jul 11, 2021
They carried out the attack in Ibadan of all places, the headquarters of Yoruba warriors... these Fulani hooligans are getting really bold sha.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Suspected Herdsmen Kill Olori Odo, Youth Leader, Injure 2 Others In Ibadan by Buckeyemedia1: 9:29am On Jul 11, 2021
truthfulparrot:
Is it not ironical that DSS is going after Sunday Igboho who has been defending the Yoruba against the rapacious herdsmen?

The bandits that are kidnapping our children, raping our wives and daughters and killing our men are walking freely with AK 47 hanging on their necks but our DSS is busy pursuing Sunday Igboho and Kanu!

Can you swear that you have seen any Fulani with your eyes carrying an Ak 47, or all na I hearsay?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Suspected Herdsmen Kill Olori Odo, Youth Leader, Injure 2 Others In Ibadan by Obamaofusa: 9:31am On Jul 11, 2021
HellAnus:

Hypocrite afonja!!

fulani terrorist.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Suspected Herdsmen Kill Olori Odo, Youth Leader, Injure 2 Others In Ibadan by agadez007(m): 9:50am On Jul 11, 2021
The way the northerners and Yoruba people were jubilating when Nnamdi Kanu was arrested,I thought his arrest would stop herdsmen killing and give the country 24/7 electricity,maybe it will make Naira equals to dollar
Guess I was wrong
Btw this is family affairs,pls others should not interfere in matters like this

Yoruba and fulani herdsmen are one-bola Ahmed tinubu _2021

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Suspected Herdsmen Kill Olori Odo, Youth Leader, Injure 2 Others In Ibadan by nonhuman(m): 9:55am On Jul 11, 2021
Joromi1:

Another efulefu on the loose. If there's any group I criticize on Nairaland it's the Fulanis. But you can believe what you like.
you are just nothing but a joromi

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Suspected Herdsmen Kill Olori Odo, Youth Leader, Injure 2 Others In Ibadan by truthfulparrot(m): 11:34am On Jul 11, 2021
Buckeyemedia1:
Can you swear that you have seen any Fulani with your eyes carrying an Ak 47, or all na I hearsay?
Your response clear show how myopic and sentimental people like you can be. Show me anywhere in my post that I mentioned Fulani. I have nothing against the Fulani and my best and trustworthy friends are Fulani.
As for bandits with AK 47 working freely-

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Suspected Herdsmen Kill Olori Odo, Youth Leader, Injure 2 Others In Ibadan by BeardedMeat(m): 11:46am On Jul 11, 2021
Asgard73:
Southwest “ might” soon turn to Ethiopia... not wishing violence..

Yoruba and their Oga them...their wahala
What I am about to say now may offend you, so let me apologize first.
You see this Yoruba Vs Igbo tribal slurs is no longer necessary. Your moniker is a very important voice here because you are very knowledgeable. This consistent tribal bashing is now beneath you. Leave it for BMC and their Fulani ilks.. Lessen it my dear brother. I know the Genesis of your discontent with Yorubas, but you can't stay angry forever.
Lessen it is what I'm saying.

One love!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Suspected Herdsmen Kill Olori Odo, Youth Leader, Injure 2 Others In Ibadan by BeardedMeat(m): 11:51am On Jul 11, 2021
Buckeyemedia1:
Yes I have seen many. Your elders argued that they use it to protect themselves against Rustlers, so which one are you saying again?

11 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Junaid Mohammed: Nigeria Will Never Know Peace If Buhari, APC Remain In Power / Peter Obi Arrive Ebonyi State For His Presidential Rally (Videos) / Abaribe Reacts As Abia PDP Zones Guber Seat To Abia Central, Abia North

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.