Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,141 members, 7,818,432 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:31 PM

Airtel’s Slave Yard - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Airtel’s Slave Yard (13701 Views)

Bank Marketers Now Accept Double Job Offers: Outcome Of Slave Salary! / We Need Dump Truck For Yard Haulage Job. / Bankers' Warehouse Plc Is A Cheat And Slave Land. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Airtel’s Slave Yard by hallo(f): 3:36pm On May 12, 2011
Looking forward to when a Nigerian will take over AIRTEL

Then all this indians saga will end  angry
Re: Airtel’s Slave Yard by md4real(m): 3:40pm On May 12, 2011
let those complaining leave their jobs in protest. or pass em to me. grin grin grin
Re: Airtel’s Slave Yard by teskyg: 3:59pm On May 12, 2011
Those garlic smelling motherfuckers.Blame the Government.NLC with an incompetent leadership of Omar is only concern with politics.They have not been able to properly perform their oversight duties.This are the areas they should sponsor bills for the National house of Assembly to debate and passed into law.

Most of the people appointed to head some of this parastatals don't know their responsibility.You can imagine how these Indians some of who have criminal records find their way to Nigeria and heading big Organizations.I pity of Nigeria my Country.
Re: Airtel’s Slave Yard by chykeo1(m): 4:18pm On May 12, 2011
This is saddening (esp if this is true). Please can people post pictures and voice recording on Facebook, and the revolution begin,

Enough of this rubbish in our land!!! angry angry angry
Re: Airtel’s Slave Yard by suncanon: 4:25pm On May 12, 2011
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked sad sad sad sad sad sad sad angry angry angry angry angry angry embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed. It only happens in 9ja only.
Re: Airtel’s Slave Yard by enomakos(m): 4:33pm On May 12, 2011
barazana:

these foreigners are jst goin by wat is obtainable in dis country.a govt dat is findin it hard to pay d minimum wage of 18ki bet dey tink dey r doin a favour wit d 40k.if the govt treats its citizens like kings,den indians(of all people) wouldnt dare to wat dey r doin 2 our able workforce and pls dont talk abt d NCC cos they really dont give a hoot abt wat the situation is(n u all kno y).the average Nigerian jst cares abt wat he can get and to hell with the rest of us, u n i are guilty of dis. unless, we learn to start treatin ourselves right, dogs will continue to poo on our faces.

you are right dude
Re: Airtel’s Slave Yard by tunde1200(m): 5:36pm On May 12, 2011
it has been there habit of enslaving nigerians but the so call NLC we have doing nothing about it. because of bribe they collect from them.
goto WAHUM LEOCOOL LEOPLAST you will cry for nigerians in their contry under slavery with fuccccccccck bushiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit indian. theey are among the most poorest contry in the world yet come to nigeria to sufer people. GOD bless my contry NIGERIA and CHANGE the mind set of people to good one cry
Re: Airtel’s Slave Yard by phreakabit(m): 5:46pm On May 12, 2011
What's the NLC doing?

Heres ur answer: Ghana must going
Re: Airtel’s Slave Yard by prince0(m): 7:31pm On May 12, 2011
These guys are crook, when they did their customer loyalty programme thay allows subscribers win prizes according to credit usage. when it was time for us to claim our prizes they came up with the story that they ran out of stock since then i have been suspecting them.
Re: Airtel’s Slave Yard by Nobody: 7:51pm On May 12, 2011
Indians don't care, they treat their employees like shit even in their native home. Once they know a country is lax in it's labour laws, then they take advantage of that. Can Mittal Steel do that to it's employees in the UK? No, they would sue the company that it would go bankrupt. If only the Nigerian Government cares about the plight of its citizens, then life would have been much better.
Re: Airtel’s Slave Yard by clubone05: 8:42pm On May 12, 2011
the number one problem of Nigerian, ALWAYS WAITING,waiting for govt,waiting for NLC,waiting for NCC,no country that has ever progressed waited for anything, down tools, take them to court, protest, organize, fight, stop complaining,
Re: Airtel’s Slave Yard by Nobody: 9:16pm On May 12, 2011
Re: Airtel’s Slave Yard by tblacker(m): 9:19pm On May 12, 2011
Instead of us exercising our writting skills and intelectual ability here,can somebody(in position)just write a mdeia house or any government agency in charge of issue like this please, This is just too baaad, Sincerely,I am even shock at the innitial amount the so call CCNL and HR Index payed,70k  shocked   9ja don suffer.

Retarted Indians!!!
Re: Airtel’s Slave Yard by stivin(m): 10:13pm On May 12, 2011
God Save Nigeria!!!
Re: Airtel’s Slave Yard by lagcity(m): 1:19am On May 13, 2011
the only way to nip this in the bud is to embarass the company through peaceful protest at the workplace. let nobody wait for NLC or NCC or KFC smiley If majority of the employees go along with it, there'll be success. but if a few bunch try it, na sack letter ooo. you go hear weeeen! na wah for this indians oooo. actually a lot of them still have that caste mentality and view blacks as subhuman. for them to treat you right, you have to teach them. SO TEACH THEM!
Re: Airtel’s Slave Yard by lastpage: 1:34am On May 13, 2011
[size=14pt]NLC was f*ucked from the day Oshiomole and Reuben Abatti were reputed to have collected Bribe and Parcel of Land (at Abuja), from OBJ, to scuttle the incessant fuel price increase protest, back then.
[/size]
It was OSHIOMOLE in prticular, that killed Nig. Labour Congress, just to advance his selfish interest in politics. End of story.

What we now have are opportunist masquerading as Labour Leaders.
Thats where lies the problem.

@Airtel Workers: Send a petition to the House of Rep/Senate, Follow it up with a Peaceful Protest at the Gates of the NASS.
Document the exploitations (Spy Cameras, et all) and let a TV station do a documentary with it. Give them a tough "negative Publicity" and you might swing public opinion in your favor.

Well, that is if you're not like the typical Nigerian that wants others o fight their battle for them while they stay at home seeping coffee grin wink
Re: Airtel’s Slave Yard by raycomray: 6:08am On May 13, 2011
As an employer of labor, I have found out that most Nigerians are lousy. All they want is to work less and earn a fat "SALAD"
Re: Airtel’s Slave Yard by AdamuW: 8:16am On May 13, 2011
There’s no point blaming the Indians. There’s no point and it‘s too easy. This is not really about race. It’s about finance, power and self respect. It’s us. Who’s country are they in? If we have and enforce the right regulations and care for the welfare of Nigerian workers then Indians, Chinese, English, Lebanese, American and of course NIGERIAN companies can’t get away with bad practice. But if we Nigerians don’t respect and take care of ourselves why the hell do you expect someone else to? This is a complex issue which has many sides but for me that’s the core problem.
Re: Airtel’s Slave Yard by AjanleKoko: 8:50am On May 13, 2011
I think this story refers to contract staff employed in the call center. Not confirmed staff.
Confirmed staff aren't employed by any agency.

raycomray:

As an employer of labor, I have found out that most Nigerians are lousy. All they want is to work less and earn a fat "SALAD"
You're probably right.
Re: Airtel’s Slave Yard by twinstaiye(m): 10:20am On May 13, 2011
At least this got me thinking seriously whether i should still continue to use anything Airtel in this country.
Re: Airtel’s Slave Yard by Greycells(m): 1:04pm On May 13, 2011
PStylish:

[b]Taking up a job in an Indian company is good for a fresh graduate.It gives one a good headstart and relevant experience and exposure for future employment especially nothing better is forthcoming.It is better than staying idle.

However, the maximum period one should spend with them is 1 year. After 1 year, you should move on whether you have gotten another job or not and try your hands on something. Throw their jobs right in their face. Graduates who remain in such companies are such as may not really be able to get better jobs elsewhere either because of poor University grades or unpopular/unattractive courses of study.

In my case, I joined an Indian company 4 months after I passed out of NYSC. Pay was 20k at first and after 3 months of probation, I was one of the "lucky 4" confirmed. Pay was then increased to 35k.Actual take home was 31k after pension and tax had been deducted.

I started looking for better employment from day 1. I wrote aptiude tests from time to time to get another job but none materialized at the time.On an occasion, I missed a aptitude test because of the job.

10 months after getting the job, I resigned via yahoo mail sent to my technical manager and call coordinator at about 11:40pm.We had just be paid earlier in the day as it was the last day of the month.The Indians didnt see me again and even though the technical manager told/implored me to come and see him in person, I shunned him.

I learnt a lot of useful things during by brief stay, I must confess and it has enhanced my CV. But the 10 months looked like 10 years.Some of my senior colleagues were school cert holders and were doing part time.We got to know that anybody could be employed so long as you have a little science/technical knowledge and skill and you could speak English.

By the grace of God, I will land a good job very soon.At the moment, I am doing my own thing and I'm not doing badly financially to the glory of God.

My close friend with whom we started together also left and after some months landed a bank job. Today, he is doing good. We were 10 fresh graduates employed at the same time.I think only 5 remain.[/b]

You made great sense.
Re: Airtel’s Slave Yard by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 4:54pm On May 13, 2011
lastpage:

[size=14pt]NLC was f*ucked from the day Oshiomole and Reuben Abatti were reputed to have collected Bribe and Parcel of Land (at Abuja), from OBJ, to scuttle the incessant fuel price increase protest, back then.
[/size]
It was OSHIOMOLE in prticular, that killed Nig. Labour Congress, just to advance his selfish interest in politics. End of story.

What we now have are opportunist masquerading as Labour Leaders.
Thats where lies the problem.

@Airtel Workers: Send a petition to the House of Rep/Senate, Follow it up with a Peaceful Protest at the Gates of the NASS.
Document the exploitations (Spy Cameras, et all) and let a TV station do a documentary with it. Give them a tough "negative Publicity" and you might swing public opinion in your favor.

Well, that is if you're not like the typical Nigerian that wants others o fight their battle for them while they stay at home seeping coffee grin wink

Way to go! I thought i was the only one who considers Oshiomole a traitor to the mandate of the masses
Re: Airtel’s Slave Yard by gentysho(m): 6:45pm On May 13, 2011
Too bad, i think nigeria labour congress should be called upon to check this
Re: Airtel’s Slave Yard by atamboy(m): 6:59pm On May 13, 2011
I don't think there is a lot that the NLC and/or the TUC can do about this matter. The ball is in the court of those dimwits in the National Assembly. Pls don't hold onto any hope, they incapable of anything good for this country.Talking about Oshimole or in deed any other person is a waste of time. The Indians are busy metting untold suffering on their fellow Indians in the UK, even though the UK is a more proactive country in such matters.
Re: Airtel’s Slave Yard by OnyeBabe1(f): 9:55pm On May 13, 2011
Seriously, it is a case of demand and supply. If they don't want the job they should leave, 7hrs per day and three days off at N75,000, are u kidding me? They were having a ball now the terms have changed to match the requirements of the job. In India, the same applies so they are not miss treating anybody. Mind you most of the customer service agents I have ever spoken to, are either rude or incapable of answering my questions. There are many Nigerians that would do the job for less than N30,000. As for firing pregnant women, if it actually happened, that is wrong but it depends on the law.

Come on people, too much sentiments, we need to be realistic. In most cases, companies would just sack most of them and restructure to make the company more efficient.
Re: Airtel’s Slave Yard by achinu(m): 12:01am On May 14, 2011
This only reason companies both locally owned & multinational continue to abuse their employees is because of the freaking lack of governance in 9ja. There are labor laws in place, maybe somewhat. But in a land where the government has their heads stuck so far up their asses to perform, employers end up having a field day.
As for SPANCO, they probably don't give a ish cuz they understand the mindset of the nigerian government that nobody from the govt will give a rat-ass about what happens to their citizens. Like they say, when in Rome act a Roman. But in Nigerian, it more like when in 9ja, Bleep them as hard as you can cuz you can get away with it angry angry angry angry angry SMH
Re: Airtel’s Slave Yard by allycat: 2:11pm On May 14, 2011
I went to an India last year and there the staff work 10 hours a day for 6 days a week wether day or night. These guys are not treating us like slaves, that is how they work in their own country. The problem is that the Nigerian system is upside down such that we have graduates working in call centres or as tellers in banks. These jobs in other countries are handled by high school graduates that is school cert holders. But here the average person with school cert cannot aspire to such lofty positions
In Nigeria we have engineering graduates struggling for the job that abroad technicians do and then complaining when they are offered the salary of a technician. We have to get our act together and stop expecting others to come and give us hand outs.
If Nigerians had handled NITEL well or even ECONET would there have been any space for the Indians to come in.
Re: Airtel’s Slave Yard by allycat: 2:18pm On May 14, 2011
By the way how much do Nigerian private schools pay teachers, graduates?? Or for that matter what salary do you expect to get as a fresh graduate in the civil service or in an idigenous private firm?? Or young lawyers in a private Nigerian law firm. If the answer to this is more than what the Indians are offering then you have every right to complain.
Re: Airtel’s Slave Yard by Ib(f): 2:31pm On May 14, 2011
See, is working for a Nigerian any better?

I worked for them and they would not pay on time, the working conditions are terrible, you never know if you will be sacked the next day! every month is story, No policies followed. Every month the owner changes salaries as he likes, he sleeps with his staff at random and the favoured girl of the month talks to her superior anyhow and is promoted without justice. One month pay turns to 2 months, its insane.

So when the indians come and see that even our own people treat us like shit, why won't they have the mind to do the same?after all what is good for the goose is good for the gander.

Sometimes i wonder! if only all the people who fill up all the crusades on lagos/ibadan express can actually open what the Bible says, Nigeria would be so much better.

So don't blame the indians, We allowed the world to see us finish.
Re: Airtel’s Slave Yard by twinstaiye(m): 10:57am On May 15, 2011
Onye Babe:

Seriously, it is a case of demand and supply. If they don't want the job they should leave, 7hrs per day and three days off at N75,000, are u kidding me? They were having a ball now the terms have changed to match the requirements of the job. In India, the same applies so they are not miss treating anybody. Mind you most of the customer service agents I have ever spoken to, are either rude or incapable of answering my questions. There are many Nigerians that would do the job for less than N30,000. As for firing pregnant women, if it actually happened, that is wrong but it depends on the law.

Come on people, too much sentiments, we need to be realistic. In most cases, companies would just sack most of them and restructure to make the company more efficient.
That opinions aint fair. Working in abuja is expensive, 75k is not much, Most of them are graduates, taking up such jobs because of the situation in the country.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NPOWER: August 2022 Stipend Has Finally Been Received / Updated Top 10 Recruiting Firms In Nigeria Inwith U Can Get Jobs With / Full List Of Best N-power Programme And Description To Apply

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.