Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,042 members, 7,956,880 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 09:21 PM

What Is Love? A Teacher Creates An Experiment To Answer His Students - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Is Love? A Teacher Creates An Experiment To Answer His Students (315 Views)

She Rejected Him When He Was A Teacher / Man Runs Out Of The Bathroom Unclad To Answer His Call / Don't Be Afraid To Approach A Female Soldier You Love - A Soldier Girl (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Is Love? A Teacher Creates An Experiment To Answer His Students by WriterX(m): 7:13am On Jul 12, 2021
THE LOVE EXPERIMENT STORY
A professor of psychologist got more than he bargained for, It was of course a steamy subject bothering around relationships and Personality and of course if myself writing this wasn't interested in it; I bet everyone else would be, with curious eyes and such silence in the classroom he couldn't get from any other topic, he made the use of his one hour and thirty-minute class but at the end, he was met with a question that is in fact this article.

A student asked, "Mr Edmond, could you like, tell us what love is?

No one planned for the question, certainly not the professor, it had little to do with the topic except he was some motivational speaker or a guidance counsellor trying to make the most of two estranged lovers, yet he felt compelled to answer this question, a few students did try to answer the questions but you guessed there was a lot of contradiction about what love is, ultimately he as well could not render an answer in time.

"I will have to get back to you all on that question on our next class," he promised before taking his leave, a weekend was perfect for him to think of what or how best he could explain this better but when it seemed this would drive him crazy after surfing the net for ages and watching YouTube videos as I did after my first heartbreak, he had finally come to an agreement with himself, an experiment to explain what he thought was love.

By the starting of the week, it surprised the students to find the professor already in class, with him was a transparent bowl, a book and a pen, twenty little sacks that contained some pebbles.
He asked for a volunteer from the crowd, a male student had sprung up quickly to do the honour.

"Okay, I presume you have a very close friend here who knows a lot about you, can you point him or her out for me, I would like to talk to him,"

of course, the student easily gave up his friend who the professor had asked a question concerning his volunteer, this was to know his girlfriend or someone he was crushing on in the class and again the friend easily gave up the answer.

Then the professor called out 19 girls including the girl this volunteer had eyes for and asked them to write their names on a piece of paper, squeeze it and dump them in the bowl after which they were to receive a sac each of pebbles.
It was perfect!

THE LOVE EXPERIMENT EXPLAINED

"So my volunteer is also going to have a sac of pebbles, in his sac are a number of pebbles, each sac in all has a different number of pebbles, some have one, some have ten, some have twenty but the aim of this game is for my volunteer here, to choose a name from the bowl whose sac of pebbles he thinks will would best increase his own amount of pebbles"

it was a simple game, sure enough, just select any girl you think will have enough to increase the amount you already have but the professor goes on.

"each girl you pick will have to tell you what amount of pebbles they have and if you satisfied with it, you collect hers but if you are not, you would have to give away one of your pebbles to her, that is it, for every girl you feel does not have the right amount you must give up one of your own pebbles and it is game over when you either find the right sac to complete your pebbles or when you have given up all here pebbles out"

HOW THE EXPERIMENT WORKED OUT

For the volunteer it was a nice game and soon it began, twenty girls waited patiently as he began to look through and through, for each girl he picked and was unsatisfied with, he had to give away a pebble, surely he was going to get his way so he kept giving away his pebbles, the first had five, surely it was not enough, the second had three, the third had nine, the fourth had seven and on and on.

decisions become harder as his sac became lesser, a choice had to be made soon or else he would lose the game, he had eyes for Caroline, a girl he wanted to impress by collecting her bag of pebbles but he was unlucky not to pick her yet, in his bag were three more pebbles and yet there were ten girls left but he wasn't going to back down.

the next girl had eleven, it was his biggest sum so far , would he risk it? was it worth risking? why would he risk it?, rational thinking came on board as his classmates watched on in frustration, confusion and despair, yet he would go for the next girl and again , the next girl had fourteen pebbles to offer, yet again he had decided if it wasn't caroline then it wouldn't really matter besides it was just a game, there are infact no real losses or wins here.

luckily he picked caroline who had just one pebble in her sac, which was disappointing for everyone and so the game came to an end.

WHAT DOES THE EXPERIMENT EXPLAIN ABOUT LOVE

The professor asked the class if they thought the volunteer had won the game and the crowd quickly pointed it out that he didn't win.

"on the contrary, he did win I told him to look for for a bag of pebbles that he could add to his own pebbles that will yield an increase for him, if we do the mathematics you would realize 1+1 is 2, he had one at the time and at the end of the game he had two, that is a win but of course it is safe to say he must have wanted more but this is love, my volunteer even before the game had started had made his own rules already once caroline was among the girls.

Now let me explain something, each time he picked a girl, he was searching for love , this is what relationship is all about and with each time he turned them down , it was an heart break and many people don't think about this but there is a part of you in this search of love that you lose each time you search for the PERFECT ONE, you may not know it, my volunteer doesn't know it because he was lucky to have found his perfect one even if to us, that one isn't .

sure caroline had the least pebble, sure that guy doesn't look fine, that girl isn't in his class, sure that boy is not your choice but for my volunteer he wins anyway her sac of pebbles was his perfect match, I didn't have to explain the rules of the game all over so you know he is the winner but my volunteer would have left here knowing he won, all those pebbles he lost was worth it.

they were his sacrifices he was willing to make, his search and perseverance were necessities, it didn't matter what he lost , it didn't matter how many heart breaks he had to go through, he was going to keep searching for her and if he hadn't gotten caroline's sac of pebbles it didn't matter how many times you all cheer or prase him, in his heart he would never had felt like a winner and yes he could have lost all his pebbles and not get to her, this in fact his the game of love, not all of us can be lucky, not all of us would win, sometimes we have to look at the class which is our friends, family, businesses, work, society, religion, customs, traditions, laws and so on and make the ultimate decision to stop our search, this is all part of the game.

For her pebbles, he stayed loyal, stayed strong, he stayed hopeful even when he was losing his pebbles, even when he was losing his money, time, strength, himself as well but for his vision of what he wanted he was going to try over and over again, he defiled logical reasoning because any one of those girls had enough to make him a winner.

in fact all of them could make a successful relationship, he could have been married, happy with kids and all yet he had a clear vision of what winning was going to be like, of who winning was going to resemble, this is love, it is irrational yet the ultimate experience of our sanity.

TO ALL WHO HAVE BEEN HEART BROKEN, DISAPPOINTED, HURT, YOU STILL HAVE A LOT TO BELIEVE IN AND TO SEARCH FOR, THAT SAC OF PEBBLES THAT WILL MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE YOU HAVE WON IS OUT THERE, THAT PERSON IS OUT THERE DON'T EVER GIVE UP ON LOVE

1 Like

Re: What Is Love? A Teacher Creates An Experiment To Answer His Students by 1bunne4lif(m): 7:42am On Jul 12, 2021
I'M INSPIRED
Re: What Is Love? A Teacher Creates An Experiment To Answer His Students by Freestainworld(m): 7:44am On Jul 12, 2021
Relationship is a sacrifice, once you are not able to compromise, you ain't ready yet.

(1) (Reply)

Penis Enlargement / Bunch Of Karen's Everywhere / Congrat MTN@ 20

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.