Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,879 members, 7,828,130 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:02 AM

What Are The Pros And Cons Of Studying Social Work - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What Are The Pros And Cons Of Studying Social Work (9890 Views)

Graduate Trainee/ Internship For Social Work Student / Is Studying Physics Actually A Useless Course In Nigeria? / What Are The Pros And Cons Of Studying Banking And Finance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are The Pros And Cons Of Studying Social Work by Richdee1(m): 1:23pm On Jul 12, 2021
Very soon I'll be graduating from Social Work from one of the Federal University in South South Area of Nigeria, I know it's not a very popular Course in Nigeria because most people don't know what we do.

Now I want to know what next to do, What certifications to take related to my field of study, to be able to drive in smoothly

Suggestions on Where can I do internship, Volunteer and Graduate Trainee in Nigeria

Please if you have an idea or know someone who worked in an NGO, please drop all information. Thanks

1 Like

Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Studying Social Work by Bankowner: 2:08pm On Jul 12, 2021
Your course is not for this country, if I were you I’d be preparing to go for further studies abroad. That is where your skill is highly needed.

Goodluck at it!

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Studying Social Work by Aurelius1(m): 4:58pm On Jul 12, 2021
Richdee1:
Very soon I'll be graduating from Social Work from one of the Federal University in South South Area of Nigeria, I know it's not a very popular Course in Nigeria because most people don't know what we do.

Now I want to know what next to do, What certifications to take related to my field of study, to be able to drive in smoothly

Suggestions on Where can I do internship, Volunteer and Graduate Trainee in Nigeria

Please if you have an idea or know someone who worked in an NGO, please drop all information. Thanks
Find your way to US or Canada ASAP. Otherwise you go submit CV sotey you go tire. Your field na goldmine for those countries.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Studying Social Work by slawormiir: 5:11pm On Jul 12, 2021
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright

Grab my weed while I read comments
Apart for banging pussy, smoking weed, drinking drinking alcohol, bombing....a real niggarrr should always seek for knowledge anyday anytime twice on Monday

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Studying Social Work by FalseProphet1(m): 5:11pm On Jul 12, 2021
sad
Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Studying Social Work by BigDawsNet: 5:11pm On Jul 12, 2021
In the states, Social workers don't earn much...they earn a median income of just under $50,000 per year... though it's a great field because you got to helps individuals and families improve their quality of life.

7 Likes

Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Studying Social Work by Providence2020(m): 5:12pm On Jul 12, 2021
wink
Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Studying Social Work by Zxcvbnm98: 5:12pm On Jul 12, 2021
If you have good grades try to apply for graduate school abroad (US/Canada) and take it from there. And to boost your grad school application you might want to volunteer in an NGO or even a school. It'll make your statement of purpose for your application seem more meaningful.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Studying Social Work by filleSouriante(f): 5:12pm On Jul 12, 2021
A
Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Studying Social Work by NaijaCoverBlog(m): 5:12pm On Jul 12, 2021
God Almighty Reward You For Studying Social Works

9 Likes

Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Studying Social Work by Goldenboy224: 5:12pm On Jul 12, 2021
sad
Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Studying Social Work by samuel19222(m): 5:12pm On Jul 12, 2021
cool
Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Studying Social Work by ecolime(m): 5:12pm On Jul 12, 2021
Aurelius1:
Find your way to US or Canada ASAP. Otherwise you go submit CV sotey you go tire. Your field na goldmine for those countries.
1000 likes �

7 Likes

Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Studying Social Work by iamehmakute(m): 5:12pm On Jul 12, 2021
Our elders say e that must eat yam with red oyel must have mastered the act of eating with curved elbows hanging in the air.

From your write up I can say you were given the course, that is not bad. After all half akara is better than none.
My son follow my advice, search for forums and online communities where people in the same field like yours connect. You'll learn alot from them and from there you'll get a head direction of what path you want to take.

But you goal should be to save up and leave this country, except you're really good in that field and wouldn't mind becoming a lecturer.because not so many people understand what social work entails. Including me advicing you.

Continue chewing my efiat

8 Likes

Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Studying Social Work by Ppogbae: 5:12pm On Jul 12, 2021
Social work pay in North America is extremely low.

3 Likes

Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Studying Social Work by chukwuibuipob: 5:12pm On Jul 12, 2021
sad
Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Studying Social Work by illicit(m): 5:13pm On Jul 12, 2021
Can u teach social studies
Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Studying Social Work by Bigajeff(m): 5:13pm On Jul 12, 2021
You can become a social worker immediately after completing your degree but if you decide to take another route, you could study a postgraduate qualification in a related area such as professional education and training. This provides skills in educating, mentoring, supporting, assessing and managing others in social work education.

There is also the option to take other vocational courses, such as the Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE), which allows you to work as a teacher.

If you're interested in related careers you could take postgraduate qualifications in areas such as community justice, social policy, social research or counselling.
Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Studying Social Work by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jul 12, 2021
hmmm issoright..
Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Studying Social Work by shegzhkn: 5:13pm On Jul 12, 2021
Nigeria is not yet ripe for certain things.

This Question op is asking shouldn't exist in the first place.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Studying Social Work by Sweeetheart(m): 5:13pm On Jul 12, 2021
funny to those chanting find your way to abroad, ask them where them dey? flying out is easy and they're still in their villages advising

you don't know if the guy is the one sponsoring himself in school, you're shouting travel abroad

Op don't let anyone discourage you, just have a good grade and good ICT skills, you can work in a bank or any production companies. you can be an HR with HR certificate and many things

you can work as customer care rep to a reputable companies. just connect and do related professional courses once you go for your NYSC

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Studying Social Work by oneble: 5:13pm On Jul 12, 2021
STEM all the way
Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Studying Social Work by iamyemiakins(m): 5:14pm On Jul 12, 2021
That's a big catch for the western world society, POS business is the major fastest moving social work here for now.
Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Studying Social Work by Nuelito: 5:14pm On Jul 12, 2021
Save up small capital and japa to the western world....In this kontri, everybody na social worker except hoodlums wey dem dey use perpetrate evil and politifians
Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Studying Social Work by fasho01(m): 5:14pm On Jul 12, 2021
It is lucrative and sought after outside the country. In the country, it's as useless as the lifeless one's waec certificate
Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Studying Social Work by dake40(m): 5:16pm On Jul 12, 2021
This question should have better been asked when you gained the admission years ago.

Well, look up Google for tips or fly out if you have the resources
Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Studying Social Work by abobote: 5:18pm On Jul 12, 2021
Which one is social work again? Must people even go to university. Me wey finish economics since, e never even collect the result, coz I know say work no dey. Mek I dey manage my business de go as e de pay my bills
Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Studying Social Work by born2lead01: 5:18pm On Jul 12, 2021
Richdee1:

Social Work is on the skill shortage list in UK. Begin registration with UK social Work authority as soon as you graduate.

4 Likes

Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Studying Social Work by GreaterFuture(m): 5:19pm On Jul 12, 2021
The expert should Pls reply
Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Studying Social Work by Timmi: 5:19pm On Jul 12, 2021
Richdee1:

A lot of cons and no pros, worst of all, it will be difficult to get a job. Go back to study a course that is marketable. The one you are studying now is a waste of money and time. Let the truth be told.
Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Studying Social Work by Fiscus105(m): 5:20pm On Jul 12, 2021
Wen will u guys know that what u study is not the yardstick to make it in life even in advanced nation.

Learn how to be enterprenuer right from ur University days

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigeria Police Begin Screening Of 210,150 Candidates July / Banking Jobs!!! / Juan Industries Limited Now Recruiting For Graduate Trainees

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.