Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:57 AM

Essence By Wizkid On Billboard Hot 100 - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Essence By Wizkid On Billboard Hot 100 (22838 Views)

Wizkid's Essence Now No. 11 On The Billboard Hot 100 Chart / Wizkid’s ‘made In Lagos’ Hits No. 1 On Billboard World Album Chart / Sinach No 1 On Billboard USA For Christian Song (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Essence By Wizkid On Billboard Hot 100 by TheZebra: 6:49am On Jul 13, 2021
Nigerian Superstar, Wizkid’s ‘Essence’ has debuted at Number 82 spot on this week’s Billboard 100.

‘Essence’ which is the fourth song from his album ‘Made in Lagos’ has become a fan favorite and summer hit song for celebrities in America and other parts of the world.

This feat earns Tems her first career entry on the chart.

Billboard in a tweet wrote: “Wizkid’s “Essence,” featuring @temsbaby, debuts at Number 82 on this week’s #Hot100. It earns Tems her first career entry on the chart.”
Recall that ‘Essence” featuring Tems also made it to former US President Barack Obama‘s Best Songs of 2020.

Wizkid’s “Made In Lagos” album has made it to Billboard’s World Album Chart for the second time since its release.

Hot 100 rankings on Billboard are based on sales (physical and digital), radio play, and online streaming in the United States.

The 14-track album features the likes of Damian Marley, Skepta, Projexx, H.E.R, and Ella Mai alongside Burna Boy, Tems.

In June 2021, Essence debuted at number 91 on the UK Singles Chart after Ginger peaked at No. 67 making ‘Made in Lagos’ the only Nigerian album to have more than one song debut on the UK Singles Chart.

Wizkid‘s fourth studio album “Made In Lagos” has topped charts and is still topping charts since its release on the 30th of October 2020.

From making it to British Vogue’s “Twelve Best Albums of 2020” and The Guardian UK’s Top 50 Albums of 2020 to “Ginger” appearing as number 150 on the US Top 200 Apple Music list, it is no doubt that the album has become a global hit, making waves and gaining recognitions all over the world.

https://dailypost.ng/2021/07/13/tems-makes-first-debut-as-wizkids-essence-makes-billboard-hot-100/

44 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Essence By Wizkid On Billboard Hot 100 by TheZebra: 6:50am On Jul 13, 2021
This has never been Done before, this is history before our very eyes

114 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Essence By Wizkid On Billboard Hot 100 by Honduras01: 8:11am On Jul 13, 2021
LIKE for wiskid, SHARE for davido

379 Likes 231 Shares

Re: Essence By Wizkid On Billboard Hot 100 by Tadwears2050(m): 10:41am On Jul 13, 2021
God Grace is always sufficient.

God Almighty will take from grass to greater height.

I Celebrate him

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Essence By Wizkid On Billboard Hot 100 by squash47(m): 10:41am On Jul 13, 2021
Wizbaba. Anytime Wizkid achieve something, he no dey too make noise.

But if na that Osun boy, we no go hear word.

Only God knows how Wizkid take dey get this international recognition.

This is more than talent.

120 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Essence By Wizkid On Billboard Hot 100 by Sebastine1994(m): 10:41am On Jul 13, 2021
What is good music?

What kind of music do Nigerians like?

I am tired of saying that Nigerians overhype everything, even musicians, they don't know good music.

Nigerians listen to just beats and not lyrics and message in music, they just want to dance and forget their sorrow and be happy.

2face started singing useless music when he noticed Nigerians don't value message in music.

Fela, Osadebe, Ebenezer obey had a message in their music that is why their music are evergreen

If Beethoven was a Nigerian, he would have remained unknown.

According to Thomas carlye bad music chases good music from the market. they water down the standard

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: Essence By Wizkid On Billboard Hot 100 by EmmanuelScott1(m): 10:41am On Jul 13, 2021
Big wiz, it can only be wizkid

Truly magic

97 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Essence By Wizkid On Billboard Hot 100 by slawormiir: 10:41am On Jul 13, 2021
Damn nigga
Isoright....wizkid my niggar

RPG2020:

That niggarr called slawormiir nor go ever reply you because he said eat alone and die alone
Very strong Head person
That is not true....this is is faceless forum....I don't know who is who.....if I loose guard efcc go burst me

See ehnn...my safety is very important...as a matter of fact....the venza car i do drive got no plate number....this is to tell you that am doing everything possible not too loose guard

86 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Essence By Wizkid On Billboard Hot 100 by NwaAmaikpe: 10:41am On Jul 13, 2021
shocked

Please what's the essence of this news?
How did we officially start celebrating medocrity.

So having a song that is #82 on a list of 100 songs is now a feat?
Tufiakwa!!!

74 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Essence By Wizkid On Billboard Hot 100 by money121(m): 10:41am On Jul 13, 2021
Ok
Re: Essence By Wizkid On Billboard Hot 100 by mzBEAM(f): 10:41am On Jul 13, 2021
Machala to the world

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Essence By Wizkid On Billboard Hot 100 by vizkiz: 10:42am On Jul 13, 2021
Whichever way you choose to see it, this is a win for Nigeria.

It’s funny how young Nigerians are the ones making us proud while the older generations are the ones ruining the country.

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Essence By Wizkid On Billboard Hot 100 by Godada(m): 10:42am On Jul 13, 2021
??

Widkid does his talking in the studio and we feel his greatness on the music sphere. A Grammy award winner without being snotty like Burna boy. No drama no noise yet delivers like a mid wife

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Essence By Wizkid On Billboard Hot 100 by Queenserah26(f): 10:42am On Jul 13, 2021
Congratulations Wizzy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Essence By Wizkid On Billboard Hot 100 by flemblem(m): 10:42am On Jul 13, 2021
slawormiir:
Damn nigga
Isoright

My able oga slawormiir, as a real nigga , this cold been Dey affect body this days. Make you give your fellow nigga little raba for LOUD. Make man reason like OG again ❣️

20 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Essence By Wizkid On Billboard Hot 100 by FILEBE(m): 10:42am On Jul 13, 2021
A lot went into promotion of that song. Lots and lots of money. Fans too.. airplay. U can't hate a song u listen to everyday

See the lyrics for those who care to know.

Ohh naa naa
Omo je ka shi ge ge whoa
Ohh naa naa
Omo ge wa j'ogede, whoa
Ohh naa naa
Girl I no go let you go
Ohh naa naa
Omo je ka shi ge ge whoa
Say I wanna leave you in the mornin'
But I need you now, yeah, yeah
I find you, I give you all you needin'
I know you what you like
I feel it comin'
Time is of the essence
I tried to teach you
But I might need some lessons
I need to give it all
I tried to leave but I can't
I don't know why, you're the one
Turn me out of my mind
You don't need no other body
Only you fi hold my body
Only you fi hold my body
Say na me dey mess up your mind
And na me dey make you free up your mind
Say your body talk to me nice
Say na my love, you dey need for your life
Yeah our love no be lie
See yeah we dey together yeah day and night
Yeah if I leave you go kpai
Yeah if you leave I go kpai (oh, oh whoa)
I'm strokin' your body, baby
Lovin' your body, baby
As you're whinin' your body, baby, so crazy
Lovin' your body, baby
Gyal iwo ni temi
I just wanna let you know, ohh
Hope every day that I dey by you
Only you fi hold my body
Only you fi hold my body
Baby, baby
Everybody used to say
No one loves you like this
No one wants you the same way
Love 'til the mornin'
My head wan' to turn from your lovin'
I just wanna get you beside me (whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa)
Gave you all you need, gave you all you need
Gave you all, you give me all you need
Give you all you need, gave you all
Make I give you all you need
Every touch you need, give you all
Make I give you all you need, baby
Yeah-yeah, yeah-yeah
You don't need no other body (whoa, whoa, whoa)
Only you fi hold my body
Only you fi hold my body (yeah-yeah, yeah-yeah)
Baby girl I want you there
Girl I want you there
Promise to treat your love fair
Whoa-whoa, whoa-whoa
When we touch, how we connect
Whoa-whoa, whoa-whoa
Said this love, have no regret
Whoa-whoa, yeah-yeah

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Essence By Wizkid On Billboard Hot 100 by Babisha10(m): 10:42am On Jul 13, 2021
Congrats to him but Davido is way bigger than him

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Essence By Wizkid On Billboard Hot 100 by emmabest2000(m): 10:43am On Jul 13, 2021
This guy is just a lucky guy and nothing else

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Essence By Wizkid On Billboard Hot 100 by saphiere(f): 10:43am On Jul 13, 2021
JUSTICE FOR CHIDINMA

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Essence By Wizkid On Billboard Hot 100 by tonididdy(m): 10:44am On Jul 13, 2021
B4 nko

1 Like

Re: Essence By Wizkid On Billboard Hot 100 by BizTrust: 10:44am On Jul 13, 2021
Good one

1 Like

Re: Essence By Wizkid On Billboard Hot 100 by shadrach77: 10:44am On Jul 13, 2021
W

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Essence By Wizkid On Billboard Hot 100 by Amspecial: 10:44am On Jul 13, 2021
grin I

1 Like

Re: Essence By Wizkid On Billboard Hot 100 by KingRex1(m): 10:44am On Jul 13, 2021
But they just said Ginger once peaked at number 67. So definitely not the first Nigerian song to hit the billboard charts.

Nice feat Wizzy!

6 Likes

Re: Essence By Wizkid On Billboard Hot 100 by Elhomoj(m): 10:44am On Jul 13, 2021
Wizkid is like Messi, Davido is like CR7. Davido and CR7 are noisemakers. The real Kings are Messi and Wizkid.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Essence By Wizkid On Billboard Hot 100 by Gadafii: 10:44am On Jul 13, 2021
wizkid is africas biggest export, quote me anywhere

no noise, i too like this guy, he will hardly post this on twitter of instagram cool

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Essence By Wizkid On Billboard Hot 100 by DropsMic(m): 10:44am On Jul 13, 2021
My guy be going places

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Essence By Wizkid On Billboard Hot 100 by Nobody: 10:45am On Jul 13, 2021
I love the song
Re: Essence By Wizkid On Billboard Hot 100 by Chuksemi(m): 10:45am On Jul 13, 2021
This album probably going to get a Grammy nomination this year.

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Wizkid’s Unexpected Music Break: Implications, Winners, Losers / A Playlist Of 53 Songs for Nigeria / Behind The Scene Photos Of Falz 'Moral Instruction' Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.