Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,191 members, 7,822,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:24 AM

Essence By Wizkid On Billboard Hot 100 - Music/Radio (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Essence By Wizkid On Billboard Hot 100 (22865 Views)

Wizkid's Essence Now No. 11 On The Billboard Hot 100 Chart / Wizkid’s ‘made In Lagos’ Hits No. 1 On Billboard World Album Chart / Sinach No 1 On Billboard USA For Christian Song (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Essence By Wizkid On Billboard Hot 100 by Adakintroy: 12:20pm On Jul 13, 2021
The last grammies got one of it's lowest rating in yrs. Music being award grammies contradicts natural moralities for which grammies itself was founded.

Wizkid music is shiiity! yes I said.

As elegant as Beyonce she can never hold a candle right to Adele or aretha frankling. Only she know so in her heart. not her"follow follow" followers. Don't get me started on cadi
Re: Essence By Wizkid On Billboard Hot 100 by budget4(m): 12:30pm On Jul 13, 2021
No doubt
Love the song very well
Re: Essence By Wizkid On Billboard Hot 100 by adanny01(m): 12:32pm On Jul 13, 2021
Sebastine1994:
What is good music?

What kind of music do Nigerians like?

I am tired of saying that Nigerians overhype everything, even musicians, they don't know good music.

Nigerians listen to just beats and not lyrics and message in music, they just want to dance and forget their sorrow and be happy.

2face started singing useless music when he noticed Nigerians don't value message in music.

Fela, Osadebe, Ebenezer obey had a message in their music that is why their music are evergreen

If Beethoven was a Nigerian, he would have remained unknown.

According to Thomas carlye bad music chases good music from the market. they water down the standard

One mans food is another mans poison.

You like lyrics, I like the rhythm, another person likes both and another hates music.

Why can't you respect other peoples choice and enjoy your own choice. Listen to the ones you like and be neutral to the ones you don't like because other people like them.

Ask me to listen to a song 50times, I may not be able to tell you what was said in the chorus. I have not committed a crime.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Essence By Wizkid On Billboard Hot 100 by josh123(m): 12:33pm On Jul 13, 2021
He deserves it

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Essence By Wizkid On Billboard Hot 100 by gwama: 12:35pm On Jul 13, 2021
Babisha10:
Congrats to him but Davido is way bigger than him
. Your Davido is not finish to kill persons around him oh, perhaps he is members of wizards club. cool
Re: Essence By Wizkid On Billboard Hot 100 by Ugandatales: 12:47pm On Jul 13, 2021
The song is huge in America right now. I was surprised when Elliot Wilson posted it on his page, and majority of his followers were calling it the song of the summer in America. It will rise higher on that chart.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Essence By Wizkid On Billboard Hot 100 by chatbot1234isba: 12:48pm On Jul 13, 2021
KingRex1:
But they just said Ginger once peaked at number 67. So definitely not the first Nigerian song to hit the billboard charts.

Nice feat Wizzy!

ginger was for uk singles chart. this is usa billboard hot 100, biggest music market in the world.
wiz now has a song and an album charting on billboard hot 10p and 200 at the same time.
as op said. history right before our eyes.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Essence By Wizkid On Billboard Hot 100 by iamfromlagos(f): 12:49pm On Jul 13, 2021
saphiere:
JUSTICE FOR CHIDINMA
All those masquerades dancing on your head do you bad gan.
You suppose get land for psychiatric hospital.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Essence By Wizkid On Billboard Hot 100 by chatbot1234isba: 12:49pm On Jul 13, 2021
Babisha10:
Congrats to him but Davido is way bigger than him

yes in ede osun state cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Essence By Wizkid On Billboard Hot 100 by Kaybenny(m): 12:56pm On Jul 13, 2021
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Please what's the essence of this news?
How did we officially start celebrating medocrity.

So having a song that is #82 on a list of 100 songs is now a feat?
Tufiakwa!!!

But you do celebrate your promotion in your office.
Why another man's success dey pain you or are you an enemy of progress

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Essence By Wizkid On Billboard Hot 100 by Jefferyhi86(m): 1:08pm On Jul 13, 2021
U don't reply, thou I understand now ur point, not everyone is fearless, my pic is there n noting to hide, na d benin we de,bros oya answer me na grin
slawormiir:
Damn nigga
Isoright....wizkid my niggar

That is not true....this is is faceless forum....I don't know who is who.....if I loose guard efcc go burst me

See ehnn...my safety is very important...as a matter of fact....the venza car i do drive got no plate number....this is to tell you that am doing everything possible not too loose guard
Re: Essence By Wizkid On Billboard Hot 100 by Rilley(m): 1:12pm On Jul 13, 2021
Big wiz

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Essence By Wizkid On Billboard Hot 100 by Realhommie(m): 2:00pm On Jul 13, 2021
vizkiz:
Whichever way you choose to see it, this is a win for Nigeria.

It’s funny how young Nigerians are the ones making us proud while the older generations are the ones ruining the country.
Ha, so you still dey this Nairaland? Been a damn long while i saw any post by this handle.

BigWiz always repping. Way to go
Re: Essence By Wizkid On Billboard Hot 100 by BSsniffer: 2:01pm On Jul 13, 2021
Some day..... I'd fvck this tems chic. grin
Re: Essence By Wizkid On Billboard Hot 100 by sunnedee2: 2:03pm On Jul 13, 2021
slawormiir:
Damn nigga
Isoright....wizkid my niggar

That is not true....this is is faceless forum....I don't know who is who.....if I loose guard efcc go burst me

See ehnn...my safety is very important...as a matter of fact....the venza car i do drive got no plate number....this is to tell you that am doing everything possible not too loose guard

Now you don lose guard.
You just told everyone you drive a Venza without plate number.
Better change your car man.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Essence By Wizkid On Billboard Hot 100 by felixnkubi: 2:16pm On Jul 13, 2021
Adakintroy:
The last grammies got one of it's lowest rating in yrs. Music being award grammies contradicts natural moralities for which grammies itself was founded.

Wizkid music is shiiity! yes I said.

As elegant as Beyonce she can never hold a candle right to Adele or aretha frankling. Only she know so in her heart. not her"follow follow" followers. Don't get me started on cadi
baba chill, no one watches TV like that in the US anymore, most people are into streams... TV is dying, so it's obvious the TV ratings go come down

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Essence By Wizkid On Billboard Hot 100 by YungMillionaire: 2:26pm On Jul 13, 2021
Wizkid is the REAL AfricanGiant. Don't be fooled by the size of the boy.

If na Burnaboy achieve this now, na so so noise he go dey make like goat.

Wizzy silent achiever.

1 Like

Re: Essence By Wizkid On Billboard Hot 100 by YungMillionaire: 2:33pm On Jul 13, 2021
Gadafii:
on UK chat, this is US CHART

You keep 'saving' people who refuse to learn how to read and you are gonna continue to promote illiteracy.
Re: Essence By Wizkid On Billboard Hot 100 by YungMillionaire: 2:36pm On Jul 13, 2021
slawormiir:
Damn nigga Isoright....wizkid my niggar
That is not true....this is is faceless forum....I don't know who is who.....if I loose guard efcc go burst me See ehnn...my safety is very important...as a matter of fact....the venza car i do drive got no plate number....this is to tell you that am doing everything possible not too loose guard

My guy cheesy
Re: Essence By Wizkid On Billboard Hot 100 by YungMillionaire: 2:46pm On Jul 13, 2021
adanny01:
One mans food is another mans poison.
You like lyrics, I like the rhythm, another person likes both and another hates music.
Why can't you respect other peoples choice and enjoy your own choice. Listen to the ones you like and be neutral to the ones you don't like because other people like them.
Ask me to listen to a song 50times, I may not be able to tell you what was said in the chorus. I have not committed a crime.

My brother (or sister) don't waste your time on this people. They really think ART is OBJECTIVE and STATIC when it is in fact SUBJECTIVE and DYNAMIC. In their attempt to sound intelligent they end up exposing their ILLITERACY/STUPIDITY. I stopped respnding to them a long time ago because there is a level of stupidity that is simply incurable.

1 Like

Re: Essence By Wizkid On Billboard Hot 100 by eburuu: 2:55pm On Jul 13, 2021
who jah bless no man course....bless up BIG WIZ
Re: Essence By Wizkid On Billboard Hot 100 by RolexOfGeneva(m): 3:00pm On Jul 13, 2021
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Please what's the essence of this news?
How did we officially start celebrating medocrity.

So having a song that is #82 on a list of 100 songs is now a feat?
Tufiakwa!!!
Yes it's very great achievement for Nigerian music. No Nigerian has never made it into the billboard hot 100.

2 Likes

Re: Essence By Wizkid On Billboard Hot 100 by wasol: 4:14pm On Jul 13, 2021
TheZebra:

https://dailypost.ng/2021/07/13/tems-makes-first-debut-as-wizkids-essence-makes-billboard-hot-100/

UNMASKING THE GLOBAL PANDEMIC CORONA VIRUS (COVID-19)

COROMYSTERY NOW AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD AND VIEWS...
Early in the year 2020, the whole world wake up to a devastating outbreak of a pandemic known as CORONA VIRUS. The nations are still in fears, many millions are still at risk, (if they won't change) just as the deaths across the globe keep soaring high at different locations in various period of times. But have you wondered why this Corona virus also known as COVID-19, ravaged so many nations, could it be from the devil, or is it man made?... Or could it be a message God is passing to the world?... Have you wondered why it appears like God have been silent over the whole scene?... Sorry, He is actually not silent and you can hear His position and details as He addresses all nations and mankind through this short movie, 'COROMYSTERY', from the stable of The Good-Shepherd's Missionaries' Field.
Watch, learn and adjust your ways and please, show love and do the evangelism of telling others about it until it cuts across the horizon...

PLEASE FEEL FREE TO SHARE.
Thanks again and God bless you...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0IvSyciZEY
Re: Essence By Wizkid On Billboard Hot 100 by Adakintroy: 4:26pm On Jul 13, 2021
felixnkubi:
baba chill, no one watches TV like that in the US anymore, most people are into streams... TV is dying, so it's obvious the TV ratings go come down

So grammies cannot be streamed?
Re: Essence By Wizkid On Billboard Hot 100 by vizkiz: 5:20pm On Jul 13, 2021
Realhommie:
Ha, so you still dey this Nairaland? Been a damn long while i saw any post by this handle.

BigWiz always repping. Way to go

I dey oh. I no just dey come this place like before.

1 Like

Re: Essence By Wizkid On Billboard Hot 100 by Carlylepneuma: 5:25pm On Jul 13, 2021
THAT MOMENT WEN U GOT EXTRA DATA TO WASTE ON WATCHING SHIT VID LIKE THESE. NOT WORTH IT AT ALL..
Re: Essence By Wizkid On Billboard Hot 100 by felixnkubi: 5:38pm On Jul 13, 2021
Adakintroy:

So grammies cannot be streamed?
are you confused, wetin I write hard you read?
Re: Essence By Wizkid On Billboard Hot 100 by Gfskw: 5:54pm On Jul 13, 2021
Oh
Re: Essence By Wizkid On Billboard Hot 100 by CavemanDefuturo: 6:48pm On Jul 13, 2021
emmabest2000:
This guy is just a lucky guy and nothing else

Actually everyone that has ever made it in life had plenty of luck and little taken from plenty of hard work

2 Likes

Re: Essence By Wizkid On Billboard Hot 100 by Poleski: 7:51pm On Jul 13, 2021
Sebastine1994:
What is good music?

What kind of music do Nigerians like?

I am tired of saying that Nigerians overhype everything, even musicians, they don't know good music.

Nigerians listen to just beats and not lyrics and message in music, they just want to dance and forget their sorrow and be happy.

2face started singing useless music when he noticed Nigerians don't value message in music.

Fela, Osadebe, Ebenezer obey had a message in their music that is why their music are evergreen

If Beethoven was a Nigerian, he would have remained unknown.

According to Thomas carlye bad music chases good music from the market. they water down the standard

You're 100% right. Good beats with bad lyrics work well in Nigeria, unfortunately. And very few musicians in Nigeria can sing while others use auto-tune!
Re: Essence By Wizkid On Billboard Hot 100 by traihit: 11:45pm On Jul 13, 2021
adelaja70:

The foreign artistes you run to how many of them dey give you better msg?....

I wrote it there I mostly listen to gospel music now. There's hardly anywhere you can find good music now.
Re: Essence By Wizkid On Billboard Hot 100 by Thugnificent(m): 7:28am On Jul 14, 2021
Congrats Big Wiz

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

A Playlist Of 53 Songs for Nigeria / Behind The Scene Photos Of Falz 'Moral Instruction' Video / Fans Criticize Olamide's "Science Student" Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.