Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,178 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:53 AM

Senate Rejects Lauretta Onochie As INEC Commissioner - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Rejects Lauretta Onochie As INEC Commissioner (32834 Views)

Senate Minority Caucus Rejects Lauretta Onochie Nomination As INEC Commissioner / Buhari Appoints Lauretta Onochie As INEC Commissioner / Senate Rejects Senator Abbo’s Apology, Reveals Next Move (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Rejects Lauretta Onochie As INEC Commissioner by Enyimbamercedes: 4:13pm On Jul 13, 2021
Awww… Lauretta the technocrat
Re: Senate Rejects Lauretta Onochie As INEC Commissioner by Anna77: 5:06pm On Jul 13, 2021
Good decision by the Senate so far.
Re: Senate Rejects Lauretta Onochie As INEC Commissioner by BluntCrazeMan: 6:10pm On Jul 13, 2021
My guy, I need you to know that it was our “Online/Social-media wailings” that made this very move possible.
And our Online wailings will also make the Electronic-Transmssion and a better modified PIB to Come to pass very soon too..
Monogamy:
Nigerians sha like to wail on unnecessary thing..

Una go dey on social media dey wail while the crooks reps and senators would confirm her...
Re: Senate Rejects Lauretta Onochie As INEC Commissioner by tunize(m): 6:14pm On Jul 13, 2021
Jackson105:
These fools use their head for once.
Not really if u read between the line well, u will discover she was disqualified majorly because the quota system didnt favour her due to the fact that there’s someone from her state already.
Re: Senate Rejects Lauretta Onochie As INEC Commissioner by Monogamy: 6:31pm On Jul 13, 2021
BluntCrazeMan:
My guy, I need you to know that it was our “Online/Social-media wailings” that made this very move possible.
And our Online wailings will also make the Electronic-Transmssion and a better modified PIB to Come to pass very soon too..

Well kudos actually...

Win win for everybody
Re: Senate Rejects Lauretta Onochie As INEC Commissioner by FLYFIRE(m): 8:37pm On Jul 13, 2021
olaboy33:
After furthering soiling her name, I hope the old woman can return to the beer parlour where she belongs.

She'll do better as a commissioner there.
You mean OLD HAG
Re: Senate Rejects Lauretta Onochie As INEC Commissioner by Ayobami7(m): 10:14pm On Jul 13, 2021
Nice one
Re: Senate Rejects Lauretta Onochie As INEC Commissioner by BluntCrazeMan: 12:29am On Jul 14, 2021
Monogamy:

Well kudos actually...

Win win for everybody
Ok...
This particular message is specifically for you.
Whenever you see us Wailing on the internet/social-media next time, please, just gather enough courage to Look-And-Pass..
Don't let the contempt and the fury which is burning inside of you to be so hot and uncontrollable, to the extent of bursting out on us, and be reminding us that we are doing a useless Social Media Wailing.
At least..
With this news and the turn of events, you can see that Social Media Wailing is not useless at-all.
As you might have know before now, no single physical protests were done to that effect.
All the investigations and complaints and Wailings and reportings were all done online, and on the social-media.
And still, the Senators picked their own facts from all these same online/social-media sources.
Re: Senate Rejects Lauretta Onochie As INEC Commissioner by Monogamy: 5:23am On Jul 14, 2021
BluntCrazeMan:
Ok...
This particular message is specifically for you.
Whenever you see us Wailing on the internet/social-media next time, please, just gather enough courage to Look-And-Pass..
Don't let the contempt and the fury which is burning inside of you to be so hot and uncontrollable, to the extent of bursting out on us, and be reminding us that we are doing a useless Social Media Wailing.
At least..
With this news and the turn of events, you can see that Social Media Wailing is not useless at-all.
As you might have know before now, no single physical protests were done to that effect.
All the investigations and complaints and Wailings and reportings were all done online, and on the social-media.
And still, the Senators picked their own facts from all these same online/social-media sources.

As expected, you go over brag on something wey no really have impact or direct effect on the common masses.. Yes I understand the position is INEC but what can she do alone.

In addition, dont think it's your wailing that got her rejected, other people also analyse why she should be rejected constructively and in an appealing way.

Btw, just like End sars disbandment, there are things to do personally regarding the issue like Onoche without making too much noise.. String pulling in and outside NL.. Mouth sealed.

So in Riri's voice, Cheers, have drink to that
Re: Senate Rejects Lauretta Onochie As INEC Commissioner by Seun(m): 8:49am On Jul 14, 2021
Sholaco:
Hahahahahaha the way this southerners behave surprised me hmm. Useless people, no unity, they don't love themselves and they will be shouting marginalisation grin. Tell me, this woman wouldn't have been rejected if she a northerner "yan'arewa" no amount of protest or petition would make the power that be respect her. But this is the true colour of our southern people grin
While the north's tendency to support its people whether or not they have sense has helped them politically, it has also resulted in their region being the most impoverished in the country. The SS and SE people crying about marginalisation are more wealthy and better educated than the people marginalising them. So feel free to continue gloating, but the joke is on you.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Senate Rejects Lauretta Onochie As INEC Commissioner by Grupo(m): 8:57am On Jul 14, 2021
Seun:
While the north's tendency to support its people whether or not they have sense has helped them politically, it as also resulted in their region being the most impoverished in the country. The SS and SE people crying about marginalisation are more wealthy and better educated han the people marginalising them. So feel free to continue gloating, but the joke is on you.

I think I like this new Seun.

To the person Seun quoted, how has the north "loving" themselves by projecting the most criminal elements among them for public office helped them?
Re: Senate Rejects Lauretta Onochie As INEC Commissioner by EdoFirstBorn(m): 9:55am On Jul 14, 2021
Seun:
While the north's tendency to support its people whether or not they have sense has helped them politically, it as also resulted in their region being the most impoverished in the country. The SS and SE people crying about marginalisation are more wealthy and better educated han the people marginalising them. So feel free to continue gloating, but the joke is on you.

Word seun! Word !!!

Marble engraved this should be
Re: Senate Rejects Lauretta Onochie As INEC Commissioner by FORWARDEVERLY: 3:22pm On Jul 14, 2021
TruthHurts1:
Abi O! See as FORWARDEVERLY mama come disgrace family name! grin

grin grin grin grin
Hi Wailer...
Have you mailed today
Re: Senate Rejects Lauretta Onochie As INEC Commissioner by funkekemi(f): 8:29am On Jul 15, 2021
Ojiofor:

I am self employed and never was I under BMC.
Fück BMC.I am my own boss.I say what I like and do what I want.
I am the Ojiofor Ndi Igbo worldwide....Igbos can kiss my aşş.
,30k BMC allowii going down the drain
Re: Senate Rejects Lauretta Onochie As INEC Commissioner by Ojiofor: 9:33am On Jul 15, 2021
funkekemi:
,30k BMC allowii going down the drain

Whatever!
Igbos no get sense.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senate Rejects Lauretta Onochie As INEC Commissioner by funkekemi(f): 11:11am On Jul 15, 2021
Ojiofor:

Whatever!
Igbos no get sense.
they have more sense than you , no 30k for you this month ,you just insulted your cordinator
Re: Senate Rejects Lauretta Onochie As INEC Commissioner by Ojiofor: 11:55am On Jul 15, 2021
funkekemi:
they have more sense than you , no 30k for you this month ,you just insulted your cordinator

The 30k only exist your IPOB delusional mind.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senate Rejects Lauretta Onochie As INEC Commissioner by birdman(m): 3:38pm On Jul 15, 2021
Seun:
While the north's tendency to support its people whether or not they have sense has helped them politically, it has also resulted in their region being the most impoverished in the country. The SS and SE people crying about marginalisation are more wealthy and better educated than the people marginalising them. So feel free to continue gloating, but the joke is on you.

To me, this is the real reason for a loose federation. So that everyone can reap what they sow. As it is, states that emphasize child education are subsidizing states that are ok with children skipping school and begging to subsist. Let everyone carry their governing style to its logical conclusion. The bandits and kidnappers plaguing the north are a direct result of policies they implemented.

1 Like

Re: Senate Rejects Lauretta Onochie As INEC Commissioner by tammie24: 4:48pm On Jul 15, 2021
Virus99:
Buhari trying to act like he really love the Igbo people grin
He knew she will be rejected !

Why don't you Offer her other positions where she will not be rejected like the Ministerial portfolio cheesy

Nice script to display fake Nationalism
I told someone this and he said I didn't know what I was talking about

He nominated her knowing fully well she won't be confirmed
And if he wanted her to be confirmed, he would have taken care of it

The igbos were just played like ludo
Re: Senate Rejects Lauretta Onochie As INEC Commissioner by Rilwayne001: 5:55pm On Jul 15, 2021
Seun:

LMAO grin grin
Re: Senate Rejects Lauretta Onochie As INEC Commissioner by funkekemi(f): 7:05pm On Jul 15, 2021
Ojiofor:

The 30k only exist your IPOB delusional mind.
it's gone my ewedu friend
Re: Senate Rejects Lauretta Onochie As INEC Commissioner by kafeii123: 9:23pm On Aug 16, 2021
ajebuter:
Ope oo

First time the 9th Rubber stamp NASS is sensible

Lol...first time indeed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

#NigeriaDecides: EFCC Flies Drones In Benin To Curtail Vote Buying - Photos / Photos From Rahma Indimi's 40th Birthday Dinner / Senator Dino Melaye Paints Washington D.C Red

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.