Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,240 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:37 AM

Career Switch? Is It A Good Idea? Advice Me Please - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Career Switch? Is It A Good Idea? Advice Me Please (8968 Views)

Is Quitting A Good Idea? Opinions Will Be Appreciated / Career Switch: I Need Your Advice / Career Switch Dilemma (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Career Switch? Is It A Good Idea? Advice Me Please by Trendytessy(f): 5:19pm On Jul 14, 2021
The rate at which everyone is going for nursing and other medical courses because of how lucrative it is scares me. Little wonder what we have recently are "slay"nurses.
People's health/life will depend on you!

1 Like

Re: Career Switch? Is It A Good Idea? Advice Me Please by Ussycool: 5:23pm On Jul 14, 2021
I am considering this option too. I am school dropout due to financial inbalance and willing to go back and study nurse or medics.

2 Likes

Re: Career Switch? Is It A Good Idea? Advice Me Please by sarafta: 5:25pm On Jul 14, 2021
I only want to advise you to follow your passion in choosing the course you want b'cos this will go a long way in promoting your understanding.
Re: Career Switch? Is It A Good Idea? Advice Me Please by Ussycool: 5:26pm On Jul 14, 2021
Trendytessy:
The rate at which everyone is going for nursing and other medical courses because of how lucrative it is scares me. Little wonder what we have recently are "slay"nurses.
People's health/life will depend on you!
Can't you be positive for once.
Mmn, what do i know?
Re: Career Switch? Is It A Good Idea? Advice Me Please by Ussycool: 5:26pm On Jul 14, 2021
Best of luck is all i can say.
Re: Career Switch? Is It A Good Idea? Advice Me Please by Sirqt5(m): 5:26pm On Jul 14, 2021
shocked

2 Likes

Re: Career Switch? Is It A Good Idea? Advice Me Please by famzynet: 5:31pm On Jul 14, 2021
If you take the nursing serious,you won't regret it. Go for school of nursing. It is just 3 years. You don't need years of experience to relocate. Find any hospital and be working while you prepare for the exams. Having the finance and Passing the exam for relocation is the only obstacle that you may face. But it is doable.
Re: Career Switch? Is It A Good Idea? Advice Me Please by ensamy(m): 5:37pm On Jul 14, 2021
Yes one million times.
Re: Career Switch? Is It A Good Idea? Advice Me Please by ensamy(m): 5:40pm On Jul 14, 2021
sarafta:
I only want to advise you to follow your passion in choosing the course you want b'cos this will go a long way in promoting your understanding.
Nigeria economy doesn't favour passion but what the economy needs. Medical professionals, IT and a few more. Follow passion and hit hunger and lack.

5 Likes

Re: Career Switch? Is It A Good Idea? Advice Me Please by Uyi168: 5:41pm On Jul 14, 2021
Nehyooh:
Truly nursing is a lucrative profession in abroad, so it wouldn't be a bad idea switching career. But do you know nursing is 3years+ program in this country ? Considering the fact that you intend traveling by 2023. Also you're married, how do you intend to do it ? Will you be traveling with your family or you alone ?
I think you've got to reason on these things before you make conclusion.
BSc nursing na better 5yrs
N.B: HND can definitely get you a good job in Canada or UK.
Re: Career Switch? Is It A Good Idea? Advice Me Please by harjay1986: 5:58pm On Jul 14, 2021
ignis:
When people decide to study courses not because of passion for the course but because they want to get a job, then you know there is a problem.

When the likes of Op becomes a nurse, the lives of innocent patients are at stake because condition made him a nurse and not interest or passion.

Naa lie..... so you will tell me that if you approach a lady today that means you lover her ..... your love in relationship will start after 2 or 3 years of marriage so as carrier ..... even though you have motive which is MONEY to switch to other course as time goes on you can be the best in that field try to watch this film Blessed hand

1 Like

Re: Career Switch? Is It A Good Idea? Advice Me Please by Marcy45marcy: 6:02pm On Jul 14, 2021
Hi
Re: Career Switch? Is It A Good Idea? Advice Me Please by Finest6: 6:02pm On Jul 14, 2021
You are on the right path. Carry go
Re: Career Switch? Is It A Good Idea? Advice Me Please by Jetbound: 6:53pm On Jul 14, 2021
summerB:
Hello � Good Day

Please Help, I don't know what to do.

I am a graduate of office technology and management ( HND ) and now thinking of going into nursing.

My the Grace Of God I am looking at migrating to canada or UK 2023, but then I need to do something that will enable me get job there, like getting job from home country Nigeria, like nurses do with the help of agencies.

I started looking into nursing profession. I enrolled in a tutorial and started taking science subjects. I'll be writing the upcoming waec.

I choose nursing because I felt it's easy to find job over there. But it will take me years to study, plus I gave no science background. and I have to go leave in the school during this period. I'm in my 30's married with kids

What course can I take up on that will be easy for me to get job abroad with my HND certificate?

This gives me sleepness night and makes me think alot. It's really affecting my mental health.

Switch to nursing. You won't regret it trust me. As long as you move though
Re: Career Switch? Is It A Good Idea? Advice Me Please by tobatele(m): 7:10pm On Jul 14, 2021
Please, go for nursing. It is very lucrative over there
Re: Career Switch? Is It A Good Idea? Advice Me Please by BigDawsNet: 7:17pm On Jul 14, 2021
summerB:
Hello � Good Day

Please Help, I don't know what to do.

I am a graduate of office technology and management ( HND ) and now thinking of going into nursing.

My the Grace Of God I am looking at migrating to canada or UK 2023, but then I need to do something that will enable me get job there, like getting job from home country Nigeria, like nurses do with the help of agencies.

I started looking into nursing profession. I enrolled in a tutorial and started taking science subjects. I'll be writing the upcoming waec.

I choose nursing because I felt it's easy to find job over there. But it will take me years to study, plus I gave no science background. and I have to go leave in the school during this period. I'm in my 30's married with kids

What course can I take up on that will be easy for me to get job abroad with my HND certificate?

This gives me sleepness night and makes me think alot. It's really affecting my mental health.

My dear, Traveling, relocating is not a big deal but can be overwhelming when you don't even know where to start from...

My advice ..pls if you don't wanna treat HBP...focus on your potential nursing study now in Nigeria...find a good nursing school that can take you and I hope you have the finance in place cus it's not cheap...

When it's a year before graduation den you can begin thinking of starting ur application, English test and building of account balance...

Migrating to Canada is not cheap...so start saving

May God make your dream come through!

1 Like

Re: Career Switch? Is It A Good Idea? Advice Me Please by Womanofsubstanc(f): 7:46pm On Jul 14, 2021
Best idea
Re: Career Switch? Is It A Good Idea? Advice Me Please by Ray333(m): 8:05pm On Jul 14, 2021
Am a nurse planning to write ielts this year ending in order to japaa
It is indeed lucrative abroad so try your luck and see what comes out of if
But you must be ready to withstand alot like sight of blood, wounds and the rest.
Then the reading it self not funny but with determination you can.
Best of luck

1 Like

Re: Career Switch? Is It A Good Idea? Advice Me Please by Gfskw: 8:20pm On Jul 14, 2021
Oh
Re: Career Switch? Is It A Good Idea? Advice Me Please by rangingpole: 8:41pm On Jul 14, 2021
Put your age aside. Since you like Nursing, please go for it and I will advise that if you have much money please consider studying it in the UK
Re: Career Switch? Is It A Good Idea? Advice Me Please by AgentGoat: 8:45pm On Jul 14, 2021
Go do your nursing asap
Re: Career Switch? Is It A Good Idea? Advice Me Please by alexvic12: 10:20pm On Jul 14, 2021
Nice
Re: Career Switch? Is It A Good Idea? Advice Me Please by mrbionic: 12:54am On Jul 15, 2021
The trend now is to come to UK for a industrial masters (2 years) and also work as a carer to get experience. After studies you will have 2 years post graduate visa to look for work, while looking for a better job you will save enough money from the care job and apply for masters in nursing(any path except ICU nursing).

Mind you regardless of your background once you have experience in care you are qualified to apply for a two years master in nursing using a the funds you saved as a carer.

After the nursing you will get another 2 years post graduate visa, there are high chances you will secure a job before the 2 years expires, the job comes with 5 yrs visa.

1 Like

Re: Career Switch? Is It A Good Idea? Advice Me Please by Chibyke009(m): 3:45am On Jul 15, 2021
contact me for lessons on science subjects, nursing is a lucrative course, u made the right choice, 07011085905

1 Like

Re: Career Switch? Is It A Good Idea? Advice Me Please by ceaser: 7:19am On Jul 15, 2021
My brother or shey it's sister, nursing has prospects both within and without Nigeria.

Considering your age, going for basic nursing of 3 years is your best bet. Medicine is outta the question because that will be 6 years plus and the stress may not be worth it. BSc nursing will also take you 5 years to get certified.

As I speak, news from a former colleague is that around 15 nurses in a particular health institution in the south west have migrated within this year alone to places like UK, Canada and Australia. And about 10 medical doctors. The IELTS requirement for nurses is less stringent than it is for doctors, so passing the exam is easier. In addition, as a nurse unlike doctors that require two exams, you only have one exam after IELTS and bam, your dream to the UK is sealed.

I know ladies that never had any exposure to science while in Nigeria but on migrating to Australia decided to study nursing for about two years. One year after employment, they own their own house.

1 Like

Re: Career Switch? Is It A Good Idea? Advice Me Please by summerB: 9:03am On Jul 15, 2021
Thank You all for your advice and suggestions. I appreciate �

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Become A Data Analyst In 3-months / 7 Sure Signs That Your Workplace Is Toxic / Business Ideas And Promotion Whatsapp Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.