Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,802 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:26 AM

Construction Linking Bonny Island By Road (Photos) - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Construction Linking Bonny Island By Road (Photos) (38903 Views)

Construction Of The First Road Link To Bonny Island In Highly Challenging Enviro / See The New Face of Apapa-Wharf Road (Photos) / Trailer And Fuel Tanker Collide On Suleja-Minna Road (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Construction Linking Bonny Island By Road (Photos) by MrkingsC: 6:08pm On Jul 13, 2021
Inspector General
Re: Construction Linking Bonny Island By Road (Photos) by cassidy1996(m): 6:10pm On Jul 13, 2021
seunmsg:

The Bodo-Bonny road is a federal project. It is being constructed by Julius Berger and funded by NLNG and Federal Ministry of works and housing. I was at the project site last year February to inspect the level of work done.
brother, please help me, I need a job (Electrical Engineer)
Re: Construction Linking Bonny Island By Road (Photos) by Litmus: 6:10pm On Jul 13, 2021
The money Nigeria overall seems to spend on road constructing i.e. on rehabilitating, repairing, building new in additions to fly-overs may have provided Nigeria with the more enduring railway infrastructure. Railway circuit needn’t be vast.
Re: Construction Linking Bonny Island By Road (Photos) by seunmsg(m): 6:11pm On Jul 13, 2021
dele1727:

Na lie....it started in 2002

It was actually started in 1998 by the Abacha regime. If you go to the project site, you will see the old bridge constructed by the contractor that Abacha gave the contract to back then. When the project was re-awarded in 2017 by Buhari, Julius Berger refused to continue from where the contractor stopped and opted to start afresh. That’s why there are two bridges side by side.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Construction Linking Bonny Island By Road (Photos) by Eriokanmi: 6:39pm On Jul 13, 2021
seunmsg:

Why do you like lying to yourself? Does it make you sleep well at night or what? Why attribute a Federal project to Wike? The desperation to deny Buhari’s achievements is real mehn.
only indomie generation like you wouldn't know of Buhari's atrocity of the 80s. Google is your friend if in doubt that buhari stopped jakande rail projects in the 80a
Re: Construction Linking Bonny Island By Road (Photos) by sirdick17: 6:39pm On Jul 13, 2021
htdot:

Zombie, its the state government... Buhari has not done anything in the south.

I'm sorry to disappoint you, it federal government project.....u can google it
Re: Construction Linking Bonny Island By Road (Photos) by seunmsg(m): 6:47pm On Jul 13, 2021
Eriokanmi:
only indomie generation like you wouldn't know of Buhari's atrocity of the 80s. Google is your friend if in doubt that buhari stopped jakande rail projects in the 80a

Is that why you have to lie that a federal project is a Wike project?

2 Likes

Re: Construction Linking Bonny Island By Road (Photos) by Malawian(m): 6:51pm On Jul 13, 2021
nengibo:

Ibani
Igbo
Re: Construction Linking Bonny Island By Road (Photos) by michoim(m): 6:52pm On Jul 13, 2021
Grgton:
Rivers mainland to be connected to Bonny??

Wow

Wike is just a developer
It is Federal government and NLNG project. Wike has no hand in it
Re: Construction Linking Bonny Island By Road (Photos) by MeghaneMorgane(f): 7:01pm On Jul 13, 2021
SlayerForever:
Good. The people need to get out more. They are virtually unknown.

Did they tell you that they want to be known. I heard that the river around them helped with the security of the Island. Anyway, it is good for others to see what the place looks like without entering a boat
Re: Construction Linking Bonny Island By Road (Photos) by Mars16(m): 7:22pm On Jul 13, 2021
Okuda:

inspect the level of work as who? loool
as a responsible citizen.
Re: Construction Linking Bonny Island By Road (Photos) by GorillaApp(m): 7:33pm On Jul 13, 2021
Grgton:

Wow

Wike is just a developer
If he can do this, he would have etched his name in Gold for always.

If i were him, I would do this
Re: Construction Linking Bonny Island By Road (Photos) by Ellasure: 7:39pm On Jul 13, 2021
Good project, it is worth every kobo spent. It will open up ogoni land and Bonny island and opobo nkoro axis of PHC.

Rivers state has done what Lagos state is foot dragging on the 4th mainland bridge, ie a road to open up ikorodu, igbogbo and ibeshe axis of Lagos state.

The same foot dragging on the inner city railway constructions. On this the Chinese contractors must be wondering on what is wrong with black man. The almost twenty years project is yet to have rollers on it. Please ask the Chinese contractors if they have a railway lines construction in any part of China lasting this long. Fyi they started Hong Kong to Macao fast railway lines after this Lagos chaos and the Hong Kong to Macao was commissioned last year. The civil works there involved underwater escavations.

Black people where are you?
Re: Construction Linking Bonny Island By Road (Photos) by MacANDIES: 7:41pm On Jul 13, 2021
seunmsg:

The Bodo-Bonny road is a federal project. It is being constructed by Julius Berger and funded by NLNG and Federal Ministry of works and housing. I was at the project site last year February to inspect the level of work done.

To inspect the level of work done as per? Who sent you and who were you representing?
Lai Mohammed continue oo

1 Like

Re: Construction Linking Bonny Island By Road (Photos) by ephraim18(m): 7:52pm On Jul 13, 2021
Wao... Great
Re: Construction Linking Bonny Island By Road (Photos) by seunmsg(m): 7:57pm On Jul 13, 2021
Ellasure:
Good project, it is worth every kobo spent. It will open up ogoni land and Bonny island and opobo nkoro axis of PHC.

Rivers state has done what Lagos state is foot dragging on the 4th mainland bridge, ie a road to open up ikorodu, igbogbo and ibeshe axis of Lagos state.

The same foot dragging on the inner city railway constructions. On this the Chinese contractors must be wondering on what is wrong with black man. The almost twenty years project is yet to have rollers on it. Please ask the Chinese contractors if they have a railway lines construction in any part of China lasting this long. Fyi they started Hong Kong to Macao fast railway lines after this Lagos chaos and the Hong Kong to Macao was commissioned last year. The civil works there involved underwater escavations.

Black people where are you?

Stop lying. It is a federal project and not Rivers state project.

1 Like

Re: Construction Linking Bonny Island By Road (Photos) by superde: 8:21pm On Jul 13, 2021
Hello everyone,

With due respect to all brillant young minds on this forum who one hope to see the Nigeria of their dreams. I’m forced to write in here just to correct the mis-information going around in here about this project.

I am one of the early subscribers to Nairalsnd back in 2004 and I used to own a career thread in here,

I write this as a retired NLNG employee who has a first hand knowledge about this project. I lived and worked on Bonny Island for so many years and looked forward to seeing Bonny- Bido road done especially during the heights of Niger Delta militancy when people were being killed on the waters and we only rely on Choppers and Navy security guided boats to travel out of the Island.

-Pls note that the conception of this project predates Buhari, Jonathan and even Obasanjo Admins. This project has always being part of the infrastructures planned for the Bonny Isand and sorrounding riverine communitities due to them as major contributors to the nations economy. I can tell you that this project was conceived more than 20 years before it finally commenced in 2017.

- We must give great kudos to the Buhari administration ( especially the tenacity and focus of Fashola and VP Obasanjo) who made sure that this project came to life despite all the odds that stood against it for decades. Jonathan had a golden opportunity to get this project started but he never did despite the fact NLNG was willing to pay 50% ( counter part funding) of total cost of the project as a motivation to get the Federal Government to this project going. It took Buhari’s commitment to take advantage of this 50% counter part funding to sanctioned his project. Government will in return give tax credits to company to cover for their contributions to the project. This has been done with the likes of for similar road constructions. Kudos to Fashola and former Finance Minister ( forgotten her now, the one with NYSC issue) for this initiatives.

- This road project was one of the infrastructural conditions to get FID for NLNG’s Train 7 as the company anticipates that water transport won’t be enough to cater for the influx of activities during and post T7 operations. Today T7 is not only FIDed but being constructed. Thanks to Buhari

- We all might not like Buhari for his nepotism and ethnicity tendencies but the truth is Buhari meant well for Nigeria but definitely there are sabotages here and there

- One thing that really got me surprised during the events leading to the turning of the soil ceremony for this project in 2017 was the attitude of Governor Wike to the fact that it was a Buhari Govt that got this project going. Wike brought in Politics into the whole thing and refused to attend the launch/turning of the soil ceremony. He insisted that he can’t attend an APC led insfractural project lunch. He instead decided to travel out of the country ( for his Barcelona academy project in Spain) just to have an excuse of not being in the country to avoid attending the ceremony for such a big and landmark project. He instead sent his deputy to attend the ceremony when the VP came to lunch the commencement of this project.

- Pls don’t get me wrong, I’m a fan of Wike as I see him as one of performing Governors as per Infrastructural development but quite disappointed with attitude to this project. He chose to be selfish and partisan when he can easily choose to be happy with the people of Bonny that this long deserved road project has finally come to them and Rivers State in general.

This is not meant to support or castigate any Party as they all have their strengths and weaknesses but bottom line just to pass the right information about this project. Pls forgive any typos.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Construction Linking Bonny Island By Road (Photos) by garfield1: 8:39pm On Jul 13, 2021
Eriokanmi:
Wooow. For this reason alone, i salute wike Development on bonny island would be so rapid. How can such a beautiful place like that be reached only by canoe? Big ups wike. Meanwhile, we've been anticipating 4th mainland bridge for ages. We hope it comes up someday. Tinubu just dey take our money buy jets. Na only noise dem sabi make. How i wish my uncle jakande wasn't stopped in those days by buhari for envy reasons, we'd had our literail done since the 80s. May God be with his soul.

Which wike? This is an fg-private sector project
Re: Construction Linking Bonny Island By Road (Photos) by stepaside2: 8:44pm On Jul 13, 2021
superde:
Hello everyone,

With due respect to all brillant young minds on this forum who one hope to see the Nigeria of their dreams. I’m forced to write in here just to correct the mis-information going around in here about this project.

I am one of the early subscribers to Nairalsnd back in 2004 and I used to own a career thread in here,

I write this as a retired NLNG employee who has a first hand knowledge about this project. I lived and worked on Bonny Island for so many years and looked forward to seeing Bonny- Bido road done especially during the heights of Niger Delta militancy when people were being killed on the waters and we only rely on Choppers and Navy security guided boats to travel out of the Island.

-Pls note that the conception of this project predates Buhari, Jonathan and even Obasanjo Admins. This project has always being part of the infrastructures planned for the Bonny Isand and sorrounding riverine communitities due to them as major contributors to the nations economy. I can tell you that this project was conceived more than 20 years before it finally commenced in 2017.

- We must give great kudos to the Buhari administration ( especially the tenacity and focus of Fashola and VP Obasanjo) who made sure that this project came to life despite all the odds that stood against it for decades. Jonathan had a golden opportunity to get this project started but he never did despite the fact NLNG was willing to pay 50% ( counter part funding) of total cost of the project as a motivation to get the Federal Government to this project going. It took Buhari’s commitment to take advantage of this 50% counter part funding to sanctioned his project. Government will in return give tax credits to company to cover for their contributions to the project. This has been done with the likes of for similar road constructions. Kudos to Fashola and former Finance Minister ( forgotten her now, the one with NYSC issue) for this initiatives.

- This road project was one of the infrastructural conditions to get FID for NLNG’s Train 7 as the company anticipates that water transport won’t be enough to cater for the influx of activities during and post T7 operations. Today T7 is not only FIDed but being constructed. Thanks to Buhari

- We all might not like Buhari for his nepotism and ethnicity tendencies but the truth is Buhari meant well for Nigeria but definitely there are sabotages here and there

- One thing that really got me surprised during the events leading to the turning of the soil ceremony for this project in 2017 was the attitude of Governor Wike to the fact that it was a Buhari Govt that got this project going. Wike brought in Politics into the whole thing and refused to attend the launch/turning of the soil ceremony. He insisted that he can’t attend an APC led insfractural project lunch. He instead decided to travel out of the country ( for his Barcelona academy project in Spain) just to have an excuse of not being in the country to avoid attending the ceremony for such a big and landmark project. He instead sent his deputy to attend the ceremony when the VP came to lunch the commencement of this project.

- Pls don’t get me wrong, I’m a fan of Wike as I see him as one of performing Governors as per Infrastructural development but quite disappointed with attitude to this project. He chose to be selfish and partisan when he can easily choose to be happy with the people of Bonny that this long deserved road project has finally come to them and Rivers State in general.

This is not meant to support or castigate any Party as they all have their strengths and weaknesses but bottom line just to pass the right information about this project. Pls forgive any typos.
Thanks very much for sharing your useful insights. The former Finance Minister you referred to is Kemi Adeosun
Re: Construction Linking Bonny Island By Road (Photos) by forghe(m): 9:16pm On Jul 13, 2021
seunmsg:

You're correct. I'm an indegene and resident of Bodo (the base and starting point of the construction)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Construction Linking Bonny Island By Road (Photos) by lastchild: 9:42pm On Jul 13, 2021
Peter odili wanted to do it and they threatened war, because they feed from the boat transportation

good one wike
Re: Construction Linking Bonny Island By Road (Photos) by seunmsg(m): 9:46pm On Jul 13, 2021
superde:
Hello everyone,

You are very right sir, particularly, the part in bold. Abacha actually started the project in 1998. He awarded the contract to Gilmor construction. They started the work and build the first bridge on the road. The bridge is now abandoned as Julius Berger opted to build a new one. The contract was abandoned after Abacha’s death.

Obasanjo and Jonathan both talked about restarting the project but they never did. The Buhari government finally re-awarded it to Julius Berger in 2017. All things being equal, the project should be completed next year.
Re: Construction Linking Bonny Island By Road (Photos) by NwaIgboBoy(m): 9:47pm On Jul 13, 2021
reccy:
God bless General muhammadu Buhari

God bless Nigeria.

We are moving slowly but steady...

We will get there.

We rise.....

So for your mind now you have spoken well?

Like this nigeria is moving. . . They are telling you that Nigeria of last year is better than this year , and even next year maybe better than this year. U dey here dey talk longish!
Re: Construction Linking Bonny Island By Road (Photos) by maxzzo1(m): 10:15pm On Jul 13, 2021
seunmsg:

To inspect level of work see ur head like monkey...who u be....??
Re: Construction Linking Bonny Island By Road (Photos) by NeoMakaveli: 10:24pm On Jul 13, 2021
Federal Government project sponsored by Lng
Grgton:

Wow

Wike is just a developer
Re: Construction Linking Bonny Island By Road (Photos) by Vikalinda(m): 10:48pm On Jul 13, 2021
Let the road come,
Re: Construction Linking Bonny Island By Road (Photos) by Vikalinda(m): 10:49pm On Jul 13, 2021
NeoMakaveli:
Federal Government project sponsored by Lng

Which wike?
Re: Construction Linking Bonny Island By Road (Photos) by Ovis1302(m): 10:57pm On Jul 13, 2021
seunmsg:

Good!
What is the percentage completion of the project as at last year February you visited?
Re: Construction Linking Bonny Island By Road (Photos) by manitoba(m): 11:12pm On Jul 13, 2021
Seun, it's so nice to know you work with FMWH. Please can you guys check out the job done on the Bida-Mokwa Road? The last time I plied the road around January 2020, the newly commisoned part of the road is terrible.

I was expecting the contractor to have been arrested and sent to jail since but I haven't hear of such.

Thanks in advance.
Re: Construction Linking Bonny Island By Road (Photos) by reccy(m): 11:13pm On Jul 13, 2021
NwaIgboBoy:

So for your mind now you have spoken well?

Like this nigeria is moving. . . They are telling you that Nigeria of last year is better than this year , and even next year maybe better than this year. U dey here dey talk longish!

Ok
Re: Construction Linking Bonny Island By Road (Photos) by awajis78: 12:13am On Jul 14, 2021
Pictures of another country project being shown in Nigeria under this present administration.
Re: Construction Linking Bonny Island By Road (Photos) by eteba(m): 7:05am On Jul 14, 2021
Gireiboy:

NNPC has 50% stake/shares in NLNG, which means it is practically owned by NNPC.
It`s actually 49%......you`re close sha.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Okada With Customized Umbrella Spotted In Lagos (photos) / Delta Residents Swim To Their Houses As Flood Sacks Communities (Photos) / Trailer Crushes Three People To Death In Ibadan (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.