|Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,867,342 members, 6,881,270 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 May 2022 at 11:01 PM
Fayemi At Birthday Thanksgiving Mass: I Have Every Reason To Thank God / Adebutu: Insecurity Not Enough Reason To Divide Nigeria / Buhari: Nigeria Has No Reason To Import Food, Raw Materials (2) (3) (4)
|What Do Conservatives Do That Give You Reason To Avoid Them? by Ankakh: 3:06pm On Jul 13, 2021|
1. Wholehearted and uncritical support of Donald Trump, a dishonest man and a lifelong liberal turned conservative, who embodies the opposite of many traditional conservative values.
2. Crazy conspiracy theories that make me question the intelligence and sanity of the people peddling them with a straight face.
3. Logical inconsistencies, such as being fervently pro-gun and individualistic while calling oneself a Christian; defending the rights of fetuses (including those conceived from incest and rape) while feeling unconcerned by the plight of children born into poverty; preaching fiscal responsibility while running up the national debt whenever a Republican is in charge; being in favor of subsidies, tax cuts and bailouts for corporations, while dismissing all forms of government aid to the poor as socialism; wanting to live in a prosperous and well-run country with modern infrastructure, without being willing to pay for it through taxes, and the list goes on.
4. Claiming a monopoly on patriotism and calling every American who has a different vision for our country a traitor.
5. Sending thoughts and prayers to the families of victims of gun violence, yet being staunchly opposed to any reasonable, middle-of-the-road policy to keep deadly firearms out of the wrong hands.
6. Being more preoccupied with disenfranchising Democratic-voting Americans than protecting our elections from foreign influence and interference.
7. Having no shame about winning elections by manipulating the rules, rather than by embracing policies that most Americans support and would gladly vote for.
8. Treating political competition as a vicious, no-holds-barred exercise in which the one who sinks the lowest gets the most applause and wins the most votes.
9. Claiming to be pro-police, while cheering on the folks who assaulted police officers and wanted to hang the Vice President at the Capitol on January 6, 2021.
10. Pretending to support law and order, while encouraging conservatives in Democratic-run states to defy the authority of their state governments.
11. Having more contempt for fellow Americans who disagree with their politics than for foreign adversaries actively seeking to undermine our country.
12. Standing in the way of progress, economically, socially, culturally, and even technologically, and insisting on perpetuating a dated and nostalgia-fueled version of America that is at odds with the aspirations and values of the growing majority of Americans.
Why Ebonyi APC Stakeholders Passed A Vote Of Confidence On Umahi / Insecurity: Fresh Recruitment Of 10,000 Police Constables Stalled / Introducing Green4blue Initiative: Green Tourism For A Blue Economy
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2022 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32