Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,284 members, 7,815,480 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:05 PM

Im From Finland. Ask Me Anything! - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Im From Finland. Ask Me Anything! (10339 Views)

I’m From Finland, Ask Me Anything / Ask Me Anything About Studying Or Visiting Mauritius / 2go Registration Sign Up Page Www.2go.im | Www.2go.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Im From Finland. Ask Me Anything! by ESenthusiast(m): 11:30am On Jul 15, 2021
BlakKluKluxKlan:

Oh, how beautiful.
The land of a thousand lakes.
You must be a nation of happy people.

How's the society in terms of the rich and the poor. Do you have such sharp contrast between the rich and the poor or wealth is shared across the societal strata ?

What are the major sources of revenue for the nation as well as natural resources the nation is blessed with ?

There isn’t really a big gap between the rich and poor. Every child goes to a public school no matter what is their parents socioeconomic status. Higher education is also free so we are given the same opportunities growing up. The lowest salary per month you can get is about 1500€ and the average is 3500€. How much money you will make depends on how much you are willing to study and what you are studying. The more rich you are the more you are taxed and if you are poor you wont be taxed much so the taxing system is balanced. Taxes fund schools,hospitals and other things we enjoy for free.

The largest sector of Finland's economy is services at 72.7 percent, followed by manufacturing and refining at 31.4 percent. Primary production is 2.9 percent.
Major natural resources are trees, water, copper, iron ore, nickel, cobalt, and chromium.

3 Likes

Re: Im From Finland. Ask Me Anything! by ESenthusiast(m): 11:46am On Jul 15, 2021
joedave:
Hi, does Finland operates a sort of CBI or golden visa programs for investors? If yes, can you share link.

What is one of the best if not the best investment type with high yielding returns in the country?

Being a Nordic region and with lesser black population, how do the finns relate with blacks on the streets and in public places like buses, beaches and pubs?

Kiitos

Finland doesn’t have a golden visa program.
Not sure about investing here’s a link that I hope will help https://www.businessfinland.fi/en/do-business-with-finland/invest-in-finland/invest-in-finland

It depends where you are in Finland. If you are black in Helsinki no one really bats an eye because black people have been there since the 90s (Somalis were the first africans to migrate here in large numbers) If you go up north from the capital city you might get a few stares because some people there have never seen black people. Finns are shy people so they probaly wont say anything blatantly racist to you in public. There was a surge in right wing politics and anti immigration stances around 2015 when the european migrant crisis was going on. I think prejudice from these groups was more towards arab muslims than black people. This movement has pretty much died and progressive politics are now more popular than ever.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Im From Finland. Ask Me Anything! by BlakKluKluxKlan(m): 3:02pm On Jul 15, 2021
ESenthusiast:

There isn’t really a big gap between the rich and poor. Every child goes to a public school no matter what is their parents socioeconomic status. Higher education is also free so we are given the same opportunities growing up. The lowest salary per month you can get is about 1500€ and the average is 3500€. How much money you will make depends on how much you are willing to study and what you are studying. The more rich you are the more you are taxed and if you are poor you wont be taxed much so the taxing system is balanced. Taxes fund schools,hospitals and other things we enjoy for free.

The largest sector of Finland's economy is services at 72.7 percent, followed by manufacturing and refining at 31.4 percent. Primary production is 2.9 percent.
Major natural resources are trees, water, copper, iron ore, nickel, cobalt, and chromium.

Wow ! What an egalitarian society ?
You are certainly to be envied.
Congrats.
Will come back with more questions.
Thanks.

4 Likes

Re: Im From Finland. Ask Me Anything! by BlakKluKluxKlan(m): 5:07pm On Jul 15, 2021
Hello friend. There's something i find very interesting.
Apart from Sweden, the heads of governments of the Nordic countries are females. How so coincidental ?
Re: Im From Finland. Ask Me Anything! by ESenthusiast(m): 6:07pm On Jul 15, 2021
BlakKluKluxKlan:
Hello friend. There's something i find very interesting.
Apart from Sweden, the heads of governments of the Nordic countries are females. How so coincidental ?

Nordic countries are probably some of the most gender equal in the world. We aim to give women the same opportunities as men. Nordic countries have the most employed women in the world. We also support women in their personal lives for example when a woman has a child she can have 4 months free from work. She will also receive money as compensation for being absent from work and free clothes/accessories for the baby. When women are supported and treated equally they become more active members of society like politicians. That could be the reason for high number of women in politics in the nordic countries.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Im From Finland. Ask Me Anything! by Idabakanta: 6:17pm On Jul 15, 2021
Why is Finland embassy abuja unruly?
Because of them, I ended a marriage and left my son unattended to in Helsinki leaving only the mom to care for him alone..

1 Like

Re: Im From Finland. Ask Me Anything! by ESenthusiast(m): 6:53pm On Jul 15, 2021
Idabakanta:
Why is Finland embassy abuja unruly?
Because of them, I ended a marriage and left my son unattended to in Helsinki leaving only the mom to care for him alone..

Im sorry that happened to you. I hope all the best for you and your family.

1 Like

Re: Im From Finland. Ask Me Anything! by joedave(m): 7:40pm On Jul 15, 2021
ESenthusiast:

Finland doesn’t have a golden visa program.
Not sure about investing here’s a link that I hope will help https://www.businessfinland.fi/en/do-business-with-finland/invest-in-finland/invest-in-finland

It depends where you are in Finland. If you are black in Helsinki no one really bats an eye because black people have been there since the 90s (Somalis were the first africans to migrate here in large numbers) If you go up north from the capital city you might get a few stares because some people there have never seen black people. Finns are shy people so they probaly wont say anything blatantly racist to you in public. There was a surge in right wing politics and anti immigration stances around 2015 when the european migrant crisis was going on. I think prejudice from these groups was more towards arab muslims than black people. This movement has pretty much died and progressive politics are now more popular than ever.

Thanks for you insightful response.

1 Like

Re: Im From Finland. Ask Me Anything! by BlakKluKluxKlan(m): 7:40pm On Jul 15, 2021
ESenthusiast:

Nordic countries are probably some of the most gender equal in the world. We aim to give women the same opportunities as men. Nordic countries have the most employed women in the world. We also support women in their personal lives for example when a woman has a child she can have 4 months free from work. She will also receive money as compensation for being absent from work and free clothes/accessories for the baby. When women are supported and treated equally they become more active members of society like politicians. That could be the reason for high number of women in politics in the nordic countries.

Wow ! I'm learning something.
Thanks.
How i wish i had chosen to travel to Sweden or Finland in my youth.

1 Like

Re: Im From Finland. Ask Me Anything! by Idabakanta: 8:31pm On Jul 15, 2021
ESenthusiast:

Im sorry that happened to you. I hope all the best for you and your family.
Thank you..
Re: Im From Finland. Ask Me Anything! by incogni2o: 11:40pm On Jul 15, 2021
What is your day job?

What is the best way I can move to finland with my Family?

1 Like

Re: Im From Finland. Ask Me Anything! by incogni2o: 11:59pm On Jul 15, 2021
Is schooling still free for foreigners.

You guys are very interested in gaining knowledge by default, What are some of the things you do to instill this as a culture in kids.

How can I make my kids have a taste of finnish education

1 Like

Re: Im From Finland. Ask Me Anything! by incogni2o: 12:00am On Jul 16, 2021
Do you like Metal Music?

Can you list some of your favourite bands?

Are ypu open tonsome recommendations?

1 Like

Re: Im From Finland. Ask Me Anything! by ESenthusiast(m): 1:09am On Jul 16, 2021
incogni2o:
What is your day job?

What is the best way I can move to finland with my Family?

Im not working yet im still a student.

If you get job from here you can apply for a residence permit. If you have a university degree and experience in whatever you are doing you can get a good paying job from here. Migrating to Finland without a higher education degree isn’t really a good idea because you would probably end up doing low paying service jobs like food delivering and janitoring.

1 Like

Re: Im From Finland. Ask Me Anything! by ESenthusiast(m): 8:14am On Jul 16, 2021
incogni2o:
Is schooling still free for foreigners.

You guys are very interested in gaining knowledge by default, What are some of the things you do to instill this as a culture in kids.

How can I make my kids have a taste of finnish education

No unfortunetly its not free for foreginers anymore.
The schools do offer scholarships though.

We teach kids that education is the key to everything.
Not sure how you can give your kids Finnish education. There probably aren’t finnish schools in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Im From Finland. Ask Me Anything! by ESenthusiast(m): 8:16am On Jul 16, 2021
incogni2o:
Do you like Metal Music?

Can you list some of your favourite bands?

Are ypu open tonsome recommendations?

Not a huge fan but yes I am open to some reccomendations.
Re: Im From Finland. Ask Me Anything! by incogni2o: 11:59pm On Jul 16, 2021
ESenthusiast:

Not a huge fan but yes I am open to some reccomendations.

I listen to melodic death metal , Insomnium and Omnium Gatherum are two favourites

Belakor is also good but they are from Australia.

Here are some

Belakor : Stone's reach (
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOiQOOrj-fY ) Of Breath and Bone (
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1jonh2_tHo&t=669s )

Insomnium : Winter's Gate (
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaSTSOtvIS4)

Omnium Gatherum : Living in Me (
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKtdtmK4YIQ )

Poets of the Fall : Carnival of Rust (
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKk1u5RMTn4 )

Demon Hunter : The World is a Thorn (
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aK3o05pFj8 )

Enjoy.

1 Like

Re: Im From Finland. Ask Me Anything! by ESenthusiast(m): 11:07am On Jul 17, 2021
incogni2o:

I listen to melodic death metal , Insomnium and Omnium Gatherum are two favourites

Belakor is also good but they are from Australia.

Here are some

Belakor : Stone's reach (
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOiQOOrj-fY ) Of Breath and Bone (
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1jonh2_tHo&t=669s )

Insomnium : Winter's Gate (
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaSTSOtvIS4)

Omnium Gatherum : Living in Me (
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKtdtmK4YIQ )

Poets of the Fall : Carnival of Rust (
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKk1u5RMTn4 )

Demon Hunter : The World is a Thorn (
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aK3o05pFj8 )

Enjoy.

Thanks! Will give them a listen.

1 Like

Re: Im From Finland. Ask Me Anything! by BlakKluKluxKlan(m): 6:26pm On Jul 18, 2021
Hello friend. How are you ?
Do you practise any religion ?

What day (s) of the week do you not go to work in Finland ?
Any other city bigger than Helsinki ?

1 Like

Re: Im From Finland. Ask Me Anything! by ESenthusiast(m): 10:44pm On Jul 18, 2021
BlakKluKluxKlan:
Hello friend. How are you ?
Do you practise any religion ?

What day (s) of the week do you not go to work in Finland ?
Any other city bigger than Helsinki ?

Hello! Im doing fine thanks.
I was raised christian like most finns are but I rarely go to church.
Saturday and sunday are the days we dont have work.
Helsinki is the largest city by population in Finland but there are few other large cities. Well large in Finnish standards since we have a small population.
Tampere is a city in western Finland. It’s the third largest city in Finland. In Tampere you can visit the särkäniemi amusement park or eat ”black sausage” a very Tampere style meal.
Turku is a city on the southwest coast. Its also the sixth largest in the country. Turku used to be the capital city until 1812. In Turku you can visit the turku castle an old medieval castle built as a swedish colonial administrative center.
Rovaniemi is not a large city but it is more different than the cities I mentioned on this list. It’s situated on the arctic circle thats why the weather is way colder compared to the rest of Finland. Theres a lot you can do in this city for example visit santa claus in his village, go on a reindeer ride or ski. Pics down below.

2 Likes

Re: Im From Finland. Ask Me Anything! by ESenthusiast(m): 10:46pm On Jul 18, 2021
Tampere, särkäniemi amusement park and black sausage.

3 Likes

Re: Im From Finland. Ask Me Anything! by ESenthusiast(m): 10:50pm On Jul 18, 2021
ESenthusiast:
Tampere, särkäniemi amusement park and black sausage

Turku and the Turku castle.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Im From Finland. Ask Me Anything! by ESenthusiast(m): 10:55pm On Jul 18, 2021
ESenthusiast:

Turku and the Turku castle
Rovaniemi, santa claus, sámi people on a reindeer ride and skiing.

4 Likes

Re: Im From Finland. Ask Me Anything! by BlakKluKluxKlan(m): 2:58am On Jul 19, 2021
ESenthusiast:

Hello! Im doing fine thanks.
I was raised christian like most finns are but I rarely go to church.
Saturday and sunday are the days we dont have work.
Helsinki is the largest city by population in Finland but there are few other large cities. Well large in Finnish standards since we have a small population.
Tampere is a city in western Finland. It’s the third largest city in Finland. In Tampere you can visit the särkäniemi amusement park or eat ”black sausage” a very Tampere style meal.
Turku is a city on the southwest coast. Its also the sixth largest in the country. Turku used to be the capital city until 1812. In Turku you can visit the turku castle an old medieval castle built as a swedish colonial administrative center.
Rovaniemi is not a large city but it is more different than the cities I mentioned on this list. It’s situated on the arctic circle thats why the weather is way colder compared to the rest of Finland. Theres a lot you can do in this city for example visit santa claus in his village, go on a reindeer ride or ski. Pics down below.

Thanks.
We share the same weekend.

But i couldn't find any pics except one that looks like a coral reef. I saw something in the pic that looks like a submarine, am i right ? Or was it some other strucrure ?

2 Likes

Re: Im From Finland. Ask Me Anything! by BlakKluKluxKlan(m): 3:08am On Jul 19, 2021
BlakKluKluxKlan:

Thanks.

But i couldn't find any pics except one that looks like a coral reef. I saw something in the pic that looks like a submarine, am i right ? Or was it some other strucrure ?

Oh, sorry. Just seeing the pics.
So beautiful ?
Re: Im From Finland. Ask Me Anything! by BlakKluKluxKlan(m): 3:09am On Jul 19, 2021
BlakKluKluxKlan:

Thanks.

Oh, sorry. Just seeing the pics.
So beautiful ?

That cold part is something to behold.
Wow !

1 Like

Re: Im From Finland. Ask Me Anything! by BlakKluKluxKlan(m): 11:15am On Aug 05, 2021
[quote author=ESenthusiast post=103709790]

Im Hello friend.
How are you doing ?
It's been awhile ?
Been I'll for sometime.
I hope all is fine ?
Re: Im From Finland. Ask Me Anything! by ESenthusiast(m): 9:40pm On Aug 05, 2021
[quote author=BlakKluKluxKlan post=104451184][/quote]

Hello! Im fine thanks. How about you?
Re: Im From Finland. Ask Me Anything! by BeautifulGee(f): 12:03pm On Aug 19, 2021
WOW!
Re: Im From Finland. Ask Me Anything! by Ihebu4chelsea(m): 3:35pm On Aug 19, 2021
Hello.. What's the best way to travel to Finland? I need procedures. I studied maritime management in school.. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Im From Finland. Ask Me Anything! by ESenthusiast(m): 10:10pm On Aug 20, 2021
Ihebu4chelsea:
Hello.. What's the best way to travel to Finland? I need procedures. I studied maritime management in school.. Thank you
Firstly you need a visa to enter Finland. Best way to travel here would be by plane but it would probably be better to visit when the pandemic is over since the flights are very expensive and long now.

2 Likes

Re: Im From Finland. Ask Me Anything! by Ihebu4chelsea(m): 6:51am On Aug 21, 2021
ESenthusiast:

Firstly you need a visa to enter Finland. Best way to travel here would be by plane but it would probably be better to visit when the pandemic is over since the flights are very expensive and long now.
thanks so much! I appreciate

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Happy New Year Nairalanders! / Nigerian Man Turns Woman: Was Mr Dapo Adaralegbe, Now Ms Stephanie Adaralegbe / Please How Do I Stop Finger Biting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.