Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,451 members, 7,816,049 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:59 AM

Permit Ban: Cars With Factory-Fitted Tinted Glasses Exempted - IGP - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Permit Ban: Cars With Factory-Fitted Tinted Glasses Exempted - IGP (21394 Views)

Enugu Residents React To Ban On Tinted Glasses By State Government / How Has The Ban On Tinted Glasses Affected You? / Hondas And Other Cars With Failed Ball Joint On The Roads (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Permit Ban: Cars With Factory-Fitted Tinted Glasses Exempted - IGP by oladipuposadeeq(m): 8:15am On Jul 14, 2021
Untainted007:
How I wished the aboki officers at check points can interprete this well.
most officers at checkpoints are thieves, looking for ways to extort,incriminate and even if possible kill and pin an unknown case against innocent citizens.
Re: Permit Ban: Cars With Factory-Fitted Tinted Glasses Exempted - IGP by MICHEALADEX(m): 8:16am On Jul 14, 2021
Car with factory tinted glass price will jump up now
Re: Permit Ban: Cars With Factory-Fitted Tinted Glasses Exempted - IGP by mikkyjay(m): 8:17am On Jul 14, 2021
Just yesterday, I was harassed by some useless police women because of this tinted permit, they delayed me for over 30 minutes and wanted to extort money from me, even though my vehicle has only factory fitted tinted glass.
I didn't even know that the IG himself already suspended it since June, and my vehicle is even exempted.
Re: Permit Ban: Cars With Factory-Fitted Tinted Glasses Exempted - IGP by misskemi44: 8:19am On Jul 14, 2021
Need a toy boy for 2 weeks. Pay is high Need a toy boy for 2 weeks. Pay is high

Re: Permit Ban: Cars With Factory-Fitted Tinted Glasses Exempted - IGP by Untainted007: 8:20am On Jul 14, 2021
oladipuposadeeq:
most officers at checkpoints are thieves, looking for ways to extort,incriminate and even if possible kill and pin an unknown case against innocent citizens.

Anything is possible in Nigeria my dear brother. Even at times thieves are more merciful than our men in black.
Re: Permit Ban: Cars With Factory-Fitted Tinted Glasses Exempted - IGP by 0taPiaPia(m): 8:23am On Jul 14, 2021
Definitely. Who thought otherwise ? undecided
Re: Permit Ban: Cars With Factory-Fitted Tinted Glasses Exempted - IGP by toffyz(m): 8:28am On Jul 14, 2021
Antoeni:
As Nigerians, we are too funny

You bought Ram at 40,000 naira and Mr A asked what's the price?

You said 60,000 and Mr A went to same ram market and same ram size.

He was told to bring 55,000 and he paid. To him, it is cheaper than yours not knowing you mislead him to paying additional 15,000.

This is how we are responsible for inflating prices of goods and services out there.

What will you loose when you tell someone that the car you bought is a million naira not 1.5 million?

We are our own problems.
Let's reflect and have a rethink.

God bless Nigeria

Brother, I tire for some people o
Actually majority of people have met does that, and I find it hard to emulate
I'm kinda different, If I buy anything that the price isn't stable, I will never disclose the exact price to you, rather reduce it so that you won't think I'm showing off with the price
If I buy a pair of Pam slippers 4K, I tell people I buy it 3K .
That's just me!
Re: Permit Ban: Cars With Factory-Fitted Tinted Glasses Exempted - IGP by klax(m): 8:29am On Jul 14, 2021
Good move by IG but tinted glass is not part of Nigeria problem for goodness sake. Bandit don't use tinted vehicle to kidnapl or launch attack, fulani herds don't need tinted vehicle to display their lunacy, boko haram don't need tinted whatever to lunch attack same is ISWEP or ISWAP infact common armed robber do not need tinted vehicle to launch their crime so what is all these silly brouhaha about?

1 Like

Re: Permit Ban: Cars With Factory-Fitted Tinted Glasses Exempted - IGP by Positiveme2020: 8:35am On Jul 14, 2021
misskemi44:
Need a toy boy for 2 weeks. Pay is high Need a toy boy for 2 weeks. Pay is high

Beware of Ritualist

1 Like

Re: Permit Ban: Cars With Factory-Fitted Tinted Glasses Exempted - IGP by West2019(m): 8:42am On Jul 14, 2021
Antoeni:
Thank God’ I am free
what about your relatives or brother are you the only one that have car in your family. Or you don't even have cat which one
Re: Permit Ban: Cars With Factory-Fitted Tinted Glasses Exempted - IGP by hybridblood07(m): 8:42am On Jul 14, 2021
Allow him to do his work. Do you know how many tinted glasses issue being reported/submitted to his office everyday? It might be a small issue to you because you've no experience in hos field. Just pray for him
Untainted007:
How I wished the officers at check points can interprete this well. Some of them will even turn the vehicle documents upside down.
But Mr IGP sir, problems in Nigeria is much more than tinted glasses you have been talking about since u got into office.
Re: Permit Ban: Cars With Factory-Fitted Tinted Glasses Exempted - IGP by Antoeni(m): 8:45am On Jul 14, 2021
I speak for myself
West2019:
what about your relatives or brother are you the only one that have car in your family. Or you don't even have cat which one
Re: Permit Ban: Cars With Factory-Fitted Tinted Glasses Exempted - IGP by Learnaskill1: 8:47am On Jul 14, 2021
Noted

Okay

I will do a good job for you

Web design
Graphics
Social media marketing

I can also teach you

Check singnsute for WhatsApp
Re: Permit Ban: Cars With Factory-Fitted Tinted Glasses Exempted - IGP by Cokahot: 9:01am On Jul 14, 2021
Time to trade my clear windows. Hahahahaha. Factory tinted here I come
Re: Permit Ban: Cars With Factory-Fitted Tinted Glasses Exempted - IGP by uchennamani(m): 9:07am On Jul 14, 2021
jlinkd78:
The Police will form they don't know how to read. I need a further clarification. Is it that d factory fitted ones do not need tinted permit from onset or that d ban on issuance of tinted permit do not affect them. Nairaland book worms please help a brother

Lol.

These guys are a bunch of crazy people. First, it was alright banning. It doesn't matter whether the glass were factory-fitted or not. Later, the IG announced that it was a suspension on the issuance of new tinted permits pending when a new directive on the issuance of the said permit are promulgated. He also said the ban will not affect those that have tinted permits and were allowed to drive with it prior to his announcement, regardless of whether the glass were factory-fitted or not.

This new announcement, it seems, cancels the previous one made by the IG. It seems one doesn't need a permit as long as the glass are factory-fitted. They should say what they mean and mean what they say. It is only in this zoo that a new announcement is made to clarify a previous one which will, in time, will be confused with another one. Confusion everywhere. Ndi ara.

2 Likes

Re: Permit Ban: Cars With Factory-Fitted Tinted Glasses Exempted - IGP by Tinax(f): 9:09am On Jul 14, 2021
Dose that means a factory cited don’t need any tinted permit papers at all.... bcus before this saga even factory fited needs permit
Re: Permit Ban: Cars With Factory-Fitted Tinted Glasses Exempted - IGP by 6ixT8: 9:20am On Jul 14, 2021
Whenever I saw a car with tainted Glass with no just cause. Na kerewa be the first thought that hand creep into my mind. Fear a average northerner with an under age girl in it. Talking from first hand experience through observations from my window.
Re: Permit Ban: Cars With Factory-Fitted Tinted Glasses Exempted - IGP by Bluesea1and2: 9:20am On Jul 14, 2021
Security wise, it's a good decision
Re: Permit Ban: Cars With Factory-Fitted Tinted Glasses Exempted - IGP by Untainted007: 9:27am On Jul 14, 2021
hybridblood07:
Allow him to do his work. Do you know how many tinted glasses issue being reported/submitted to his office everyday? It might be a small issue to you because you've no experience in hos field. Just pray for him

So bandits that kidnapped over 200 students also used tinted glass to do their havoc? More so, wots the essence of registering phone number while numbers used to call victims families cant be traced. Their more serious issues on ground than tinted sir.
Re: Permit Ban: Cars With Factory-Fitted Tinted Glasses Exempted - IGP by GraduatesGrant(m): 10:01am On Jul 14, 2021
What should happened to already tinted cars that are not factory fitted?

Prospective US graduate students, check my signature
Re: Permit Ban: Cars With Factory-Fitted Tinted Glasses Exempted - IGP by jojothunder: 10:07am On Jul 14, 2021
[quote author=GraduatesGrant post=103693980]What should happened to already tinted cars that are not factory fitted?

IG says duly issued vehicle tinted glass permits remain valid
June 9, 2021
Print

IGP
The Inspector-General of Police (I-G), Mr Usman Baba, says all existing vehicle tinted glass permits duly issued by the Nigeria Police Force remain valid.

The Force Public Relations Officer (FPRO), Mr Frank Mba, disclosed this in a statement on Wednesday in Abuja.

Mba said the clarification followed public enquiries emanating from the announcement of the suspension of issuance of new tinted permits by the I-G on Monday.
Re: Permit Ban: Cars With Factory-Fitted Tinted Glasses Exempted - IGP by jojothunder: 10:11am On Jul 14, 2021
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/06/ig-says-duly-issued-vehicle-tinted-glass-permits-remain-valid/amp/

Click the above link.
Vehicles with tinted permit issued by nigeria police remains valid, factory fitted or not.
Re: Permit Ban: Cars With Factory-Fitted Tinted Glasses Exempted - IGP by ospreywin(m): 10:14am On Jul 14, 2021
1. Even if your vehicle is factory fitted, you will still need a permit when they start issuing the permit back.
2. Previously issued permits, whether for factory fitted tint or non factory remains valid.
3. When they start issuing permits, it will only be issued to Vehicles with factory fitted tint. Non factory fitted tint will need a medical report stating the reason for using a tinted glass.

Which in all resort to the same thing that has been happening before. The suspension of issuance is just the only thing you should be worried about.
Re: Permit Ban: Cars With Factory-Fitted Tinted Glasses Exempted - IGP by PotatoSalad(m): 10:14am On Jul 14, 2021
Bluesea1and2:
Security wise, it's a good decision
if you do your job well, you do not blame frivolities for underperforming.
The IGP is foolish.
Tinted glasses are not the problem. The ripple effect of poor governance and corruption is.
Re: Permit Ban: Cars With Factory-Fitted Tinted Glasses Exempted - IGP by Bluesea1and2: 10:17am On Jul 14, 2021
PotatoSalad:

if you do your job well, you do not blame frivolities for underperforming.
The IGP is foolish.
Tinted glasses are not the problem. The ripple effect of poor governance and corruption is.
Potato and salad grin I go like eat you today o grin
Re: Permit Ban: Cars With Factory-Fitted Tinted Glasses Exempted - IGP by PotatoSalad(m): 10:18am On Jul 14, 2021
Bluesea1and2:

Potato and salad grin I go like eat you today o grin
cry
Re: Permit Ban: Cars With Factory-Fitted Tinted Glasses Exempted - IGP by Deepthoughts: 10:59am On Jul 14, 2021
maimalari:

https://punchng.com/permit-ban-cars-with-factory-fitted-tinted-glasses-exempted-says-igp/
This is nonsense, with the security challenges bedeviling the country there shouldn't be any exemption,the so call factory fitted tinted glasses when they get broken will the vehicle owners be take them back to the factories to be refitted?, the IGP n the police are not serious,now every tinted glass would automatically be factory fitted!.
Re: Permit Ban: Cars With Factory-Fitted Tinted Glasses Exempted - IGP by hybridblood07(m): 11:13am On Jul 14, 2021
My point is, there is a lot of issue going on with tinted cars being used for evil acts. Let him focus on each issue one at a time.
Untainted007:

So bandits that kidnapped over 200 students also used tinted glass to do their havoc? More so, wots the essence of registering phone number while numbers used to call victims families cant be traced. Their more serious issues on ground than tinted sir.
Re: Permit Ban: Cars With Factory-Fitted Tinted Glasses Exempted - IGP by seyz91(m): 11:56am On Jul 14, 2021
cheesy i wonder ok
Be like na tinted glass be this one speciality undecided

Na how many get cars in naija not to talk of tinted undecided
Untainted007:
How I wished the officers at check points can interprete this well. Some of them will even turn the vehicle documents upside down.
But Mr IGP sir, problems in Nigeria is much more than tinted glasses you have been talking about since u got into office.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

18 Wheeler Truck Destroys A 4Runner In A Collision / Driver Charged Over Driving Car With a Set of Pliers!! / Meet The Bentley Dominator,The Ancestor Of Bentayga And Rolls-Royce Cullinan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.