Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,843 members, 7,824,512 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 11:28 AM

Why Can't We All Support Joe Igbokwe For Governor Of Lagos 2023 - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Can't We All Support Joe Igbokwe For Governor Of Lagos 2023 (2479 Views)

Emefiele Was Corrupt, We Should All Support His Suspension - Laolu Akande / Bishop Ugokwe Ugochukwu Hails Joe Igbokwe For Contributing To Church Project / Lagos 2023: Jandor/Funke Rally Holds In Alimosho (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Can't We All Support Joe Igbokwe For Governor Of Lagos 2023 by Christistruth00: 9:47am On Jul 15, 2021
selemempe:
It makes perfect sense guys.

He is loved by the yorubas
He is leader of Igbo APC in Lagos

Yorubas will vote him enmass
Igbos will vote him enmass
Even fulani herdsmen will vote him
Win win for everyone grin

Joe Igbokwe for governor of Eko 2023 issa goal

https://dailypost.ng/2018/09/05/2019-bianca-not-anambra-cant-senator-ojukwus-family-vow/

3 Likes

Re: Why Can't We All Support Joe Igbokwe For Governor Of Lagos 2023 by DEROX: 10:00am On Jul 15, 2021
grin no be only governor you like president
Re: Why Can't We All Support Joe Igbokwe For Governor Of Lagos 2023 by Asgard73: 10:04am On Jul 15, 2021
selemempe:
damn. You do not know anything about Nigerian history.
You don't know what happened when... you just mixing everything up.

Take several seats behind let me talk with smarter people abeg

They very ignorance I always talk about... they don’t know nothing .. but will be fronting like intellectuals.. engage them and see how shallow and myopic...
... and they also know how to twist history to fit their narratives.. even something we witness live..
I don’t engage them .. because along the line the resort to insults abuses .. their history is a pain they bear.. corner them and see their through humans.

1 Like

Re: Why Can't We All Support Joe Igbokwe For Governor Of Lagos 2023 by T9ksy(m): 11:03am On Jul 15, 2021
selemempe:
lol

Stop dabbling into things above your intelligence.

Herbart Maculey died in 1946 and left Zik incharge of NCNC while Awolowo was involved with egbe Omo Odudufraud. In 1953, the first election was held by the British and NCNC won majority in both east and west. While NPC won north.

Zik was going to be the premier of west where he was based at the time and spoke fluent yoruba. Eyo It's was going to be premier of the east.

Awolowo spent days whipping up tribal sentiments against Zik. The night before inuguration of parliament, most of the yorubas left NCNC for Action Group.

That singular act made Zik to despise Awolowo and paid him back latter in 1959 (6 years later)

Why do you guys just love to propagate outright falsehoods? Abi dem take LIES cursed una people, ni?

Please see below for actual results of the elections. Perhaps you can supply your own results.

The Western house had 80 seats in total and any party with a 41 majority would have formed the government.

There were three elections for the 80 seats:
Western region elections on 24th September 1951 – 72 seats
Lagos elections on the 20th November 1951 – 5 seats (all won by NCNC)
Benin elections on the 6th of December 1951 – 3 seats (all won by Etu Edo)

Breakdown of 72 seats
AG won 38 seats including 3 won by its secretaries (Adegbenro, Hassan, and Osuntokun) who contested as independents.
Mabolaje Grand Alliance MBA (aka Ibadan Peoples Party) won 6 seats – Akinloye, Lanlehin, Akinbiyi, Akinyemi, Adelabu, and Aboderin
NCNC won 18 seats plus 7 Independent seats making 25
Ondo Improvement League won 2 seats
Adeola Odutola – Independent candidate representing Ijebu-Ode

At the end of the night on the 24th of September, 5 of the 6 MGA had declared for the AG while Adelabu declared for NCNC. Awosika of the Ondo improvement league and Adeola Odutola had both declared for the AG giving the AG 45 seats.

See official results below

http://books.google.ca/books?id=Oi0aVR4YkmUC&pg=PA35&lpg=PA35&dq=1956+election+NCNC&source=bl&ots=xlo8I8O_iF&sig=jmQDabaMysM0SG7MMZI3yFZ49dg&hl=en&ei=004zTvWKL4OnsALHmdTtCg&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=2&ved=0CB0Q6AEwAQ#v=onepage&q=1956%20election%20NCNC&f=false

Of the three seats in Benin won by Etu Edo, Ighodaro declared for AG while Omo-Osagie and Ekuyasi declared for NCNC.

At the end of December 1951, seats were as follows
AG – 46
NCNC/Independents 34

The Western house was inaugurated on the 7th of January 1952 and elections to the Federal House were held on the 10th of January 1952. Three members of the NCNC crossed over to the AG and these were Kessington-Momoh, Ako, and Awodi Orisaremi (all representing Urhobo/Kukuruku division in the Mid-west). None of them was Yoruba and that clearly defeats the lame and ridiculous lies that the AG, and by extension Awolowo, introduced tribal politics in Nigeria. These three crossed over because they needed AG votes to get into the Federal House. Ako and Kessington-Momoh were elected but Orisaremi lost and returned to the NCNC. These three crossed when the AG had a clear majority and had to pay fees to join the AG.

The real reason Zik resigned was because he lost that election to the Federal House. NCNC had five seats from the West and Zik couldn’t gain any of these seats losing to other NCNC members such as Fadahunsi, Olorunnimbe, Oputa-Otutu, Denis Osadebey, and Adeleke Adedoyin.
Re: Why Can't We All Support Joe Igbokwe For Governor Of Lagos 2023 by MightySparrow: 11:41am On Jul 15, 2021
selemempe:
damn. You do not know anything about Nigerian history.
You don't know what happened when... you just mixing everything up.

Take several seats behind let me talk with smarter people abeg
You have not refuted my points because you people are misguided in wrong history.
You write all manners of falsehood on Nairaland. Worse still your ignorant folks rant about what they don't know everywhere. I hope you know how Professors Sam Aluko and Soyinka dissuaded Ojukwu not to embark on civil war. Awolowo did also, his reply was, they would fight with cutlasses. Those that defected from Yoruba in the army, believing in his cause, he killed. Who is a betrayer?
Anyways, that is history, teach your people to embrace the new social order.

1 Like

Re: Why Can't We All Support Joe Igbokwe For Governor Of Lagos 2023 by T9ksy(m): 11:54am On Jul 15, 2021
selemempe:
is that why the first mayor of Enugu town was a fulani man in 1960? Around the same time the 'detrabilized' yorubas were decamping from NCNC to avoid Zik Omo Igbo becoming premier of western region.

Yorubas even went to extreme lengths of drawing tribal marks on their faces to look different from Omo Igbo

Are we cursed with tribalism in the west? undecided

Yet another fallacious tales conditioned into your cloned mindset , obviously by your mischievous, myopic and definitely duplicitous fathers.

Tribal marks has been part and parcel of our culture long before we even know, you guys ever existed.

Ibo State Union- the first TRIBAL organisation in Nigeria was formed in 1948 and this same zik a.k.a Mr. fake nationalist, was its first president.

2years later, the president of a tribal organisation is now aspiring to become premier of another region. Gosh!

4 Likes

Re: Why Can't We All Support Joe Igbokwe For Governor Of Lagos 2023 by Perkins2018: 11:57am On Jul 15, 2021
Asgard73:

They very ignorance I always talk about... they don’t know nothing .. but will be fronting like intellectuals.. engage them and see how shallow and myopic...
... and they also know how to twist history to fit their narratives.. even something we witness live..
I don’t engage them .. because along the line the resort to insults abuses .. their history is a pain they bear.. corner them and see their through humans.

grin grin angry grin

Guy you go tire. Hating on the Yoruba will take you nowhere. we all know the tribe that thrives on lies, falsehoods and propaganda and it's the igbos.

You are just a foolish nonentity taking himself serious on a faceless forum. You cant even talk where a Yoruba man is talking. face your buying and selling and leave intelligent discussions to the Yoruba.

2 Likes

Re: Why Can't We All Support Joe Igbokwe For Governor Of Lagos 2023 by LamidiCownu: 12:07pm On Jul 15, 2021
selemempe:
lol

Herbart Maculey died in 1946 and left Zik incharge of NCNC while Awolowo was involved with egbe Omo Odudufraud. In 1953, the first election was held by the British and NCNC won majority in both east and west. While NPC won north.

Zik was going to be the premier of west where he was based at the time and spoke fluent yoruba. Eyo It's was going to be premier of the east.

Awolowo spent days whipping up tribal sentiments against Zik. The night before inuguration of parliament, most of the yorubas left NCNC for Action Group.

That singular act made Zik to despise Awolowo and paid him back latter in 1959 (6 years later)

Stop listening to Radio Biafravd you wouldn't listen .
Kindly list the names of the people that decamped from NCNC to AG. Do that and I'd apologise and deactivate my nairaland acount .

Secondly, you are liar . NCNC didn't win the majority.
The folks that crossed to AG were members of the Ibadan People's Party led by Adisa Akinloye.

It's funny how you guys lie conveniently. With Benefit of hindsight, thank God that Azikwe thief didn't get to become the Premier of Western Region.

3 Likes

Re: Why Can't We All Support Joe Igbokwe For Governor Of Lagos 2023 by LamidiCownu: 12:09pm On Jul 15, 2021
T9ksy:

Why do you guys just love to propagate outright falsehoods? Abi dem take LIES cursed una people, ni?

Ohh...
Thank you for this.
The flat..headed losers are not really different from the terrorists from Futa Jalon.
I resent both with passion
Re: Why Can't We All Support Joe Igbokwe For Governor Of Lagos 2023 by LamidiCownu: 12:12pm On Jul 15, 2021
selemempe:
of course. You love Awolowo because he is a tribalist...says a lot about why you people still carve up your faces in the 21st century
While you losers still eat other at this age.
Fvcking flat..headed barbarians
Re: Why Can't We All Support Joe Igbokwe For Governor Of Lagos 2023 by LamidiCownu: 12:13pm On Jul 15, 2021
selemempe:
a random picture is an Igbo woman? How do I know that woman isn't from heebadan?
Look well..
The hairy chest and her yam leg gave her away already grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why Can't We All Support Joe Igbokwe For Governor Of Lagos 2023 by SamNaijaboy: 5:06pm On Jul 15, 2021
Yen Yen Yen... We are this, we are that....
Stay away from our land, you want to die there.
Come back when you have made a Yoruba man governor of Anambra state. Don't come and be giving 1953 example. Do it now that everyman is sharp.
You are not tribalist, bla bla bla but the people that have visited your land can't wait to run away.
I don't want you to be a leader in my land, is it by force?

Yoruba were fighting civil wars and when the British came, they met a disunited empire who could not fight back. That is why Yoruba don't like fighting. Not that they don't know how to. They were in civil war for almost 200 years.

selemempe:
do you have any instance of yorubas voting a non yoruba to win anything (even mayor) in SW?

Do you realize that Enugu was the capital of the whole eastern region at the time? That was like a non yoruba being the mayor of Ibadan.

You tribally charged tribe of the west don't realise why Igbos are always the largest tribes after the indigenous peoples in every community in Nigeria....it is the same reason why we don't have tribal marks.

WE ARE NOT TRIBALISTS!

We are the biggest supporters of your Odudufraud Republic. That is why you guys mock igboho that he is only deceiving Igbos. Afonja masses can't do self determination!!

You are the only tribe in Nigeria that willingly submitted to British to be colonized
Re: Why Can't We All Support Joe Igbokwe For Governor Of Lagos 2023 by SamNaijaboy: 6:23pm On Jul 15, 2021
Mr Intelligent,
Point to me where an Igbo man gave a Yoruba any political post like Herbert Macaulay did to Zik? Or you don't know HM was a Yoruba man?
Yorubas have always been fair-minded. He probably did that to enable the NCNC spread to the East well.
Zik should have been smart enough to give the West a Yoruba NCNC premier since self-determination by an indigene is what all peoples aspire to. Then there wouldn't have been a loss by the NCNC in the West. That a visitor is allowed to eat from the family bowl does not mean he is now the first born son.
His mistake and greed led to his loss in the West. We don't mind since Awolowo turned out 15 times better than him as evidenced from both regions.

selemempe:
lol

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

If Prof. Akintoye Is Arrested, I Will Burn Down Nigerian Embassy In UK Says / 12 Most Foolish People In Nigeria. Never You Join Them / Soyinka: I’ve Never Heard Anyone Threaten The Judiciary On TV The Way Datti Did

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.