Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,041 members, 7,956,873 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 09:12 PM

Russia Warns Britain: Sail Near Crimea Again And Your Sailors Will Get Hurt - Foreign Affairs (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Russia Warns Britain: Sail Near Crimea Again And Your Sailors Will Get Hurt (34508 Views)

Turkish Ship Rescued 54 Sailors On Damaged Russian Naval Cruiser Moskva / China Warns Britain That Beijing Will 'Strike Back If UK Steps Out Of Line' / Several Sailors Killed After Iran Missile 'Accidentally' Strikes Own Ship (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Russia Warns Britain: Sail Near Crimea Again And Your Sailors Will Get Hurt by Flynnthekidd(m): 11:28pm On Jul 15, 2021
Mangekyo:

Please go through this site to observe the detailed comparison. https://armedforces.eu/compare/country_United_Kingdom_vs_Russia
https://armedforces.eu/compare/country_United_Kingdom_vs_Russia

There's NO comparison whatsoever, Russia oneshots!

If after going through the link you still come here to argue, then I'm afraid I'll leave you to your fate

This goes to show you also don't know sh*t...UK has 2 aircraft carriers
Re: Russia Warns Britain: Sail Near Crimea Again And Your Sailors Will Get Hurt by FoolishBoy419: 11:35pm On Jul 15, 2021
Simeonjoe1:

Don't underestimate the UK military and their war industry. While I believe Russia has a numerical advantage, the UK can also stand on its own. It has its number and technological proven weapon. Comparing weapons 1 on 1, most UK weapons are technologically superior to its Russian counter part. UK also have an effective and well trained fighting force. Forget most of those Russian weapons are old and outdated from the ussr Era, they only have limited effective ones (but they have been improving on this), even their large military combatant are less experienced and professional compare to the UK (that's why Russia is massive cutting down its active service member down to create a more robust and effective fighting force).
Guy concerning nuclear weapon you don't have to target the whole of Russia or kill every one, all you just have to do is effectively cripple your opponents(targeting strategic locations). And like I said the UK stock is enough to decimate the Russian over and over again

There are so many factors you are not putting into consideration. Both UK and Russia have good missile defense systems which can intercept those missiles so UK will have even less chances of winning.

In fact, a lot of those missiles don't have perfect precision. I remember how More than 50% of US Tomahawk missiles failed to hit their targets when Trump fired at Assad's forces.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia Warns Britain: Sail Near Crimea Again And Your Sailors Will Get Hurt by Olaolufred(m): 11:36pm On Jul 15, 2021
Kailalomo:
Na back of TV you dey watch

Why not say exactly what NATO and US achieved?

If Al - Assad is still the leader of Syria in 2021, NATO and US failed woefully.
That is the truth, even Obama who superitend over the arming of the rebels knew he failed.

So what story do you have from your TV?

Please, get educated about this.

3 Likes

Re: Russia Warns Britain: Sail Near Crimea Again And Your Sailors Will Get Hurt by DannyG8(m): 5:23am On Jul 16, 2021
daddytime:

Dem dey ask your mama her name she dey explain how she no know who impregnate am to bring the bastard you to come become a nuisance factor for this world.

Ashlock
lolx baby factory product like you dey talk ask your mama if you get father
Re: Russia Warns Britain: Sail Near Crimea Again And Your Sailors Will Get Hurt by Kailalomo(m): 6:03am On Jul 16, 2021
Since you are educated kindly read below.. I trust you understand what non lethal assistance means?

The US, UK and France initially provided support for what they considered "moderate" rebel groups. But they have prioritised non-lethal assistance since jihadists became the dominant force in the armed opposition.

A US-led global coalition has also carried out air strikes and deployed special forces in Syria since 2014 to help an alliance of Kurdish and Arab militias called the Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) capture territory once held by IS militants in the north-east.

I just crop for you to read. Here is a source to check

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-35806229

Olaolufred:

Why not say exactly what NATO and us achieved?

If Al - Assad is still the leader of Syria in 2021, NATO and US failed woefully.
That is the truth, even Obama who superitend over the arming of the rebels knew he failed.

Re: Russia Warns Britain: Sail Near Crimea Again And Your Sailors Will Get Hurt by Kailalomo(m): 6:05am On Jul 16, 2021
You are just calling Nato nato. Only you know the movie where you saw Nato involvement in Syria

Olaolufred:

Why not say exactly what NATO and us achieved?

Re: Russia Warns Britain: Sail Near Crimea Again And Your Sailors Will Get Hurt by Lekison(m): 6:19am On Jul 16, 2021
elganzar:

Guyy go sit down jare...
Last time you checked WHERE
Very few people know his current whereabout and we're not one of them...

Besides the point is he is currently also in hiding and not as active as before... I'm half yoruba and half igbo, I'm just catching cruise

Sometimes it takes even greater courage to retreat in face of adversity... I respect both Igboho and Ojukwu...

But I stand by my previous analogy_ (an average) yoruba people too dey do gragra
E pain am grin....yet Igboho was pictured in his house??we Yorubas don't breed dumb folks like you. Stop claiming what you are not.

1 Like

Re: Russia Warns Britain: Sail Near Crimea Again And Your Sailors Will Get Hurt by elganzar(m): 6:46am On Jul 16, 2021
Lekison:
E pain am grin....yet Igboho was pictured in his house??we Yorubas don't breed dumb folks like you. Stop claiming what you are not.

Ok
Re: Russia Warns Britain: Sail Near Crimea Again And Your Sailors Will Get Hurt by generalwo(m): 8:15am On Jul 16, 2021
decatalyst:
Why everybody dey look for unnecessary trouble nau.

Make everybody maintain their lane now and let's maintain the relative peace.
.... The world hates the world bro..... There can be no peace when some people want to oppress others.......
Re: Russia Warns Britain: Sail Near Crimea Again And Your Sailors Will Get Hurt by generalwo(m): 8:17am On Jul 16, 2021
dermmy:

Honestly I don't know why western powers always look for trouble. This same Britain forcefully took Chagos Island from Mauritius in the 60's. ICJ ruled in 2019 that Britain should vacate the Island, close the joint military base it built with U.S. there and return the Island to Mauritius but Britain has yet to obey that order it's two years since the UN ruling.

Now they are flexing muscle saying they don't recognize Russia's annexation of Crimea. They don't recognize China's artifical islands in the South China Sea. Are they not hypocrites?
..... Bros please do u have any links for me to travel and go to this land of hypocrites..... I'm tired of Nigeria
Re: Russia Warns Britain: Sail Near Crimea Again And Your Sailors Will Get Hurt by Thomist(m): 8:31am On Jul 16, 2021
Putin is bad. But Britain is worst. Only if you know Britain Allies you won't talk shit. You know how many countries they colonised?

I mean great countries they colonised not shit hole like Nigeria o
Re: Russia Warns Britain: Sail Near Crimea Again And Your Sailors Will Get Hurt by Olaolufred(m): 9:56am On Jul 16, 2021
Kailalomo:
Since you are educated kindly read below.. I trust you understand what non lethal assistance means?

The US, UK and France initially provided support for what they considered "moderate" rebel groups. But they have prioritised non-lethal assistance since jihadists became the dominant force in the armed opposition.

A US-led global coalition has also carried out air strikes and deployed special forces in Syria since 2014 to help an alliance of Kurdish and Arab militias called the Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) capture territory once held by IS militants in the north-east.

I just crop for you to read. Here is a source to check

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-35806229

QUESTION: When you armed people against government, what was your aim?
ANSWER: To remove that Government.
QUESTION: Was the government almost removed by the Rebels?
ANSWER: Yes.
QUESTION: When did the dynamic changed?
ANSWER: As soon as Russia stepped in.
QUESTION: Why couldn't the US and NATO challenged Russia?
ANSWER: It comes at a cost.

Obama Armed these Rebels and eventually left them for the dead when Russia began killing them with no mercy shown.

Why did USA and NATO armed them when they knew they wouldn't stand by them till the end?

Do you know that negotiation that US and NATO could not go into with ASSAD before the death of almost 500,000 citizens (mostly innocent women and Children) was what Russia forced UN into when the US / NATO end has glaringly failed the people they armed?

I am not here for child talk.

US / NATO failed themselves and the Syrian people.

The Syrian opposition, politically represented by the Syrian National Coalition, receives financial, logistical, political and in some cases military support from major Sunni states in the Middle East allied with the U.S., most notably Saudi Arabia, Qatar, and Turkey. From the early stages of the conflict in Syria, major Western countries such as the U.S, France, and the UK have provided political, military and logistic support to the opposition and its associated rebel groups in Syria.

The Syrian Democratic Forces of the Executive Council (Rojava), the government of Rojava, have received military and logistic support from some NATO countries, the US in particular.

The Summary Quote is from Wikipedia.

3 Likes

Re: Russia Warns Britain: Sail Near Crimea Again And Your Sailors Will Get Hurt by Olaolufred(m): 10:04am On Jul 16, 2021
Kailalomo:
You are just calling Nato nato. Only you know the movie where you saw Nato involvement in Syria

The Syrian opposition, politically represented by the Syrian National Coalition, receives financial, logistical, political and in some cases military support from major Sunni states in the Middle East allied with the U.S., most notably Saudi Arabia, Qatar, and Turkey. From the early stages of the conflict in Syria, major Western countries such as the U.S, France, and the UK have provided political, military and logistic support to the opposition and its associated rebel groups in Syria.

The Syrian Democratic Forces of the Executive Council (Rojava), the government of Rojava, have received military and logistic support from some NATO countries, the US in particular.

When a member of NATO is involved in any conflict, If NATO does not come in fully as NATO, they covertly support their members.
That is why you read clearly that SOME NATO COUNTRIES were actively in action in syria openly or covertly.
Brother mi, When you mention US, UK, FRANCE in NATO, who is remaining if not only Germany and the Canada.
Let us stop questioning the truth.
Re: Russia Warns Britain: Sail Near Crimea Again And Your Sailors Will Get Hurt by emmyileri(m): 10:33am On Jul 16, 2021
I'm so surprised with so many comments here. People don't know why USA is refers to as world super power. Power is not in making noise. Russia cannot match the USA ON LAND, AIR AND SEA, MISSILES, FIGHTER JET.
Re: Russia Warns Britain: Sail Near Crimea Again And Your Sailors Will Get Hurt by emmyileri(m): 10:40am On Jul 16, 2021
Mangekyo:

BTW, you're wrong and somewhat right too.
If both nations go all out in a nuclear battle, then both of them are getting decimated. There may be survivors in the side of Russia but definitely not UK since their land isn't that large. Nuclear weapons are so dangerous. A single drop can destroy a full city, reason why countries like Nigeria aren't allowed to have them. Also, Russia and USA are reducing the number of nuclear weapon the possess. Russia formally had upto 50k nuclear warheads. They've reduced them to about approximately 7k now, same with the USA. I think they do because it's too dangerous to possess them. Also, countries like China, North Korea, France, UK keep adding more to their Arsenal and are still nowhere near Russia and USA who are reducing theirs. See those two are boss! You think UK really stands a chance, I'll let you be. Maybe one day we'll get to see them in action
Russia are just modernizing their aging arsenal while UK arsenals are advanced and well modernized, UK is a nuclear power too. You see Military might is not making noise. Russia is powerful but if war break out God forbid, no one will win, it will be a mutual destruction.
Re: Russia Warns Britain: Sail Near Crimea Again And Your Sailors Will Get Hurt by Mangekyo: 10:48am On Jul 16, 2021
emmyileri:

Russia are just modernizing their aging arsenal while UK arsenals are advanced and well modernized, UK is a nuclear power too. You see Military might is not making noise. Russia is powerful but if war break out God forbid, no one will win, it will be a mutual destruction.

How are UK modernizing and advancing more than Russia when their annual military budget isn't even up to that of Russia? Pls elaborate.
UK is a nuclear power but power dey pass power. They may be nuclear power but nowhere near the likes of Russia and USA.
War will break out if UK continue to Provoke Russia, they're calling for it. Russia won't hold back, they've given their last warning. Any battle ship that comes close to Crimea will be brought down.
Also there won't be any mutual destruction. Russia would pretty much survive. The same can't be said for UK

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia Warns Britain: Sail Near Crimea Again And Your Sailors Will Get Hurt by Olaolufred(m): 10:52am On Jul 16, 2021
emmyileri:

MUTUAL DESTRUCTION

That cost is too high for US and any other Nations world over.

But can we ask ourselves a sincere question,

WHAT WOULD UK SAY IF RUSSIA CHOSE TO SHOW MILITARY MIGHT BY CROSSING TO THE ATLANTIC VIA ENGLISH CHANNEL WITH IT'S WARSHIPS OVERLOOKING ENGLAND'S EAST COAST ALL IN THE NAME OF WE HAVE THE RIGHT TO MOVEMENT ON INTERNATIONAL WATERS?

Let us judge wisely.

2 Likes

Re: Russia Warns Britain: Sail Near Crimea Again And Your Sailors Will Get Hurt by Kailalomo(m): 10:54am On Jul 16, 2021
Since you are not here for child talk, I have nothing to prove to you. You have failed to understand what non lethal assistance is. There was never a time when US UK or France took their advance weapon to Syria. Where is your prove that they armed the rebel against the govt? The same govt that was suffering his people and they revolt and all you all do is blame it on US. Any small thing you people will blame it on US. It's very clear you are quoting with sentiment.

Olaolufred:

QUESTION: When you armed people against government, what was your aim?
ANSWER: To remove that Government.
QUESTION: Was the government almost removed by the Rebels?
ANSWER: Yes.
QUESTION: When did the dynamic changed?
ANSWER: As soon as Russia stepped in.
QUESTION: Why couldn't the US and NATO challenged Russia?
ANSWER: It comes at a cost.

Obama Armed these Rebels and eventually left them for the dead when Russia began killing them with no mercy shown.

Why did USA and NATO armed them when they knew they wouldn't stand by them till the end?

Do you know that negotiation that US and NATO could not go into with ASSAD before the death of almost 500,000 citizens (mostly innocent women and Children) was what Russia forced UN into when the US / NATO end has glaringly failed the people they armed?

I am not here for child talk.

US / NATO failed themselves and the Syrian people.

Re: Russia Warns Britain: Sail Near Crimea Again And Your Sailors Will Get Hurt by Olaolufred(m): 11:22am On Jul 16, 2021
Kailalomo:
Since you are not here for child talk, I have nothing to prove to you. You have failed to understand what non lethal assistance is. There was never a time when US UK or France took their advance weapon to Syria. Where is your prove that they armed the rebel against the govt? The same govt that was suffering his people and they revolt and all you all do is blame it on US. Any small thing you people will blame it on US. It's very clear you are quoting with sentiment.

How I wish you could attend to provide answers to the questions you quoted.

If your answers were opposite mine, then there will be room for argument.

As it is, Wikipedia recorded, I watched many of these news not on Aljazeera but CNN.

If you read the highlighted Bro, you won't still say they were not armed.

For your information, US had several Airstrikes in Syria Just as Russia did too.

If US and its NATO allies knew they wouldn't go all the way, why would they start what they couldn't finish?

The Summary remains that Russia won in CRIMEA and SYRIA (this should be simple to understand) just as UK stole Chagos Islands from Mauritius.

2 Likes

Re: Russia Warns Britain: Sail Near Crimea Again And Your Sailors Will Get Hurt by sharrp: 11:51am On Jul 16, 2021
Sharap abeg
Mangekyo:
Someone should tell Britain to be careful, because if they successfully get on the nerve of Putin (The real nigggaa), Britain would be history. Same with the US!
Re: Russia Warns Britain: Sail Near Crimea Again And Your Sailors Will Get Hurt by Olaolufred(m): 12:32pm On Jul 16, 2021
Kailalomo:

GERMAN TIMES SEEMS TO ANSWER YOU PERFECTLY.

https://www.german-times.com/europe-and-the-us-have-failed-in-syria/
Re: Russia Warns Britain: Sail Near Crimea Again And Your Sailors Will Get Hurt by Simeonjoe1: 6:25pm On Jul 16, 2021
FoolishBoy419:

Has USA proven her own might in modern warfare? The last major power it fought was during WW2 (and China faced them shortly afterwards in the Korean war). Fighting mushroom countries like Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, etc and even LOSING to Vietnam is not a real test. These are countries that any decent superpower can beat.

Baba testing your military capabilities is not either you win or lose. Regardless of both you learned important lesson of doctrines and test your weapons capabilities in actual combat. Until Chinese doctrines and weapons are tested in actual combat(even against crude terrorists) they will forever be in the shadow of US and Russia.
Re: Russia Warns Britain: Sail Near Crimea Again And Your Sailors Will Get Hurt by goodheart02(m): 6:27pm On Jul 16, 2021
Olaolufred:

US is already on it's way out as World power.

A mistake is all remaining for China to take over.

If they go military way with Russia, the power change will be faster.

That is why US thinks China everyday.

The glory has departed.

Only borrowed glory is remaining.

People like you make me laugh. It's only on Nairaland you see people writing such shits. Na you wan kick out US from world power position or you think sey na football knock out stages be this? Let me tell you something you don't know, Russians can't face the US in a non-nuclear war and survive it. They're not economically strong to sponsor a long war. They can only fight nuclear of which America is also a nuclear power and both nations will suffer it. One thing people like you should know is that economic strength matters in wars, because wars are funded, not like you see in movies.

And as for China, they're the only country that may have the economic balance to stage a big war with America and they're still getting to that stage.
Re: Russia Warns Britain: Sail Near Crimea Again And Your Sailors Will Get Hurt by Simeonjoe1: 6:36pm On Jul 16, 2021
FoolishBoy419:

There are so many factors you are not putting into consideration. Both UK and Russia have good missile defense systems which can intercept those missiles so UK will have even less chances of winning.

In fact, a lot of those missiles don't have perfect precision. I remember how More than 50% of US Tomahawk missiles failed to hit their targets when Trump fired at Assad's forces.
Missile defense does not have 100% effectiveness, even boosting 60% will be a success especially against ICBM. Most nuclear warhead will slip through those defenses. That's why I said it's a no win situation for both sides.
Concerning the US tomahawk missile I believe that's not true, well its based on the news you chose to believe cause there's proprrgander and others around. That's normal as different people will want to promote or degrade your weapon system.
Re: Russia Warns Britain: Sail Near Crimea Again And Your Sailors Will Get Hurt by FoolishBoy419: 6:51pm On Jul 16, 2021
Simeonjoe1:
Missile defense does not have 100% effectiveness, even boosting 60% will be a success especially against ICBM. Most nuclear warhead will slip through those defenses. That's why I said it's a no win situation for both sides.
Concerning the US tomahawk missile I believe that's not true, well its based on the news you chose to believe cause there's proprrgander and others around. That's normal as different people will want to promote or degrade your weapon system.

Since reports from BBC, Aljazeera, and Even pro-Trump Fox News were false, can you kindly give us your own source?

Both sides will suffer but it is very naive to think it would be a close battle. The size of Russia alone is a big factor.

2 Likes

Re: Russia Warns Britain: Sail Near Crimea Again And Your Sailors Will Get Hurt by goodheart02(m): 7:01pm On Jul 16, 2021
For those typing rubbish here without full knowledge of the US military, know that The US has 5,000 military bases and installations and over 800 of these bases are abroad and well equipped both Nuclear and non nuclear to wage an onslaught from any point of the world. The US can fight u from anywhere.

Active Military Personnel 1,385,400 officers and 845,234 on reserve

71 nuclear capable submarines and the highest number in the world

480 war ships and their Nimitz class is the biggest in the wolrd

Over 5,404 war jets

8700 war tanks (China and Russia surpassed them in this aspect)

Over 6,000 war helicopters. And together,the army, navy and Air Force operates a total of 13,000 aircrafts in total

Let me just stop here. You're all can research on the rest.
Re: Russia Warns Britain: Sail Near Crimea Again And Your Sailors Will Get Hurt by Simeonjoe1: 7:19pm On Jul 16, 2021
FoolishBoy419:

Since reports from BBC, Aljazeera, and Even pro-Trump Fox News were false, can you kindly give us your own source?

Both sides will suffer but it is very naive to think it would be a close battle. The size of Russia alone is a big factor.
And since Russia is large are all there economic hotbed and big cities spread out across Russia. Russia has only few economic viable city especially at its western region. These cities will be what there will target along with their large military bases. Mind you Russia missile defense against ICBM is not proven, limited and only restricted to defend Moscow leaving other regions vulnerable. I'll still say it in a nuclear warfare no side will win.
Re: Russia Warns Britain: Sail Near Crimea Again And Your Sailors Will Get Hurt by Simeonjoe1: 7:23pm On Jul 16, 2021
goodheart02:
For those typing rubbish here without full knowledge of the US military, know that The US has 5,000 military bases and installations and over 800 of these bases are abroad and well equipped both Nuclear and non nuclear to wage an onslaught from any point of the world. The US can fight u from anywhere.

Active Military Personnel 1,385,400 officers and 845,234 on reserve

71 nuclear capable submarines and the highest number in the world

480 war ships and their Nimitz class is the biggest in the wolrd

Over 5,404 war jets

8700 war tanks (China and Russia surpassed them in this aspect)

Over 6,000 war helicopters. And together,the army, navy and Air Force operates a total of 13,000 aircrafts in total

Let me just stop here. You're all can research on the rest.

What do you think of the UK vs Russia one on one. Is it a simple walkover for Russia?
Re: Russia Warns Britain: Sail Near Crimea Again And Your Sailors Will Get Hurt by Simeonjoe1: 7:43pm On Jul 16, 2021
Flynnthekidd:

This goes to show you also don't know sh*t...UK has 2 aircraft carriers
Even the aircraft carrier Russia have is out of operation its even giving them more headaches and useless. Same thing with most of Russia weapons - warship,planes, tanks, ifv, hotwizer most of Russia weapons are obsolete and outdated (these are weapons from the Soviet Era) they just have it in large numbers but most of them cannot compare to their western peers. Only few numbers of their weapons are up to date compare to their western counterparts (even the Russian are aware of this and people are here defending them). They are trying to update most of this but have been impeded by economic situation Russia is not economically viable compared to the UK (which is another factor to consider in war). Even the T 14 armata armored system (dubbed as the most advanced tank) has only few numbers in operation,why because they don't have money to purchase more. The greatest threat to the Russian military currently is not the west but their economy.
Re: Russia Warns Britain: Sail Near Crimea Again And Your Sailors Will Get Hurt by Poleski: 7:51pm On Jul 16, 2021
Russia is 100% guilty of it accuses other countries! Russia always test borders of countries!

In fact, the Crimea isn't Russia's. It stole it from Ukraine!

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Russia Deploys Tactical Nuclear Weapons To Belarus - US, EU React / See Venue For Ramaphosa's Inauguration, Tinubu To Attend (PICS) / Civil Unrest In Sudan As Army And Paramilitary Clash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.