Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,267 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:51 AM

First Batch Of A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft Departs USA For Nigeria - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / First Batch Of A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft Departs USA For Nigeria (38469 Views)

Nigeria Receives Last Batch Of A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft / A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft Project On Course For Delivery As Scheduled. / Atiku Departs USA For Nigeria, To Be Part Of The Presidential Debate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: First Batch Of A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft Departs USA For Nigeria by Nobody: 6:07pm On Jul 15, 2021
TUANKU:
Nice one.
But can't Nigeria afford an F16 at least?

People questioning my choice of an F16, that aircraft was introduced in 1978 first before modern builds and it's a multi role fighter. I don't see any reason why it shouldn't be in the air force fleet.
If your argument is about the cost of the aircraf remember these people took a billion dollar loan for purchase of military equipment.
Super Tucano is the most widely used fighter jets in the world especially in fight against terrorists. US and her allied have been using it in Afghanistan, Pakistan and other terrorised countries and it has been successful considering the well fitted features of the jet. They're bought at around $600m.

3 Likes

Re: First Batch Of A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft Departs USA For Nigeria by nedekid: 6:10pm On Jul 15, 2021
Saifullah01:
Truth be told Buhari is trying (just like Jonathan before him and yaradua before him - this I have realised). But you see us Nigerians we are the enemies of ourselves (Nigeria).
How do you explain the fake drugs, fake school certificates, substandard work by contractors, bribe collecting civil servants at the expense of their jobs, sex for grade Lecturers, grade for sex/money students and the list of our vices is long and ever growing with the passage of time
Sai baba get certificate?
Re: First Batch Of A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft Departs USA For Nigeria by YouandiAllofus: 6:17pm On Jul 15, 2021
SeeThisLoser:
People are talking about military aircraft, Nigerians are buying toy planes grin

Real military plane below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qxdUl2ZyFE
And they are even preparing for an induction abi inclusion party... Africa should be doing better
Re: First Batch Of A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft Departs USA For Nigeria by tunde1200(m): 6:42pm On Jul 15, 2021
Very expensive machine and maintenance nko.

Big trouble for bandits and rising insurgents.
ESN in trouble oh

TUANKU:
Nice one.
But can't Nigeria afford an F16 at least?

People questioning my choice of an F16, that aircraft was introduced in 1978 first before modern builds and it's a multi role fighter. I don't see any reason why it shouldn't be in the air force fleet.
If your argument is about the cost of the aircraf remember these people took a billion dollar loan for purchase of military equipment.

1 Like

Re: First Batch Of A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft Departs USA For Nigeria by voltront: 7:19pm On Jul 15, 2021
slimfit1:

F15 16 is top range
Not for this purpose.

1 Like

Re: First Batch Of A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft Departs USA For Nigeria by BabaO2: 7:46pm On Jul 15, 2021
Racoon:
Weldone Buhari government but let's do more better than this feat.
South should not allow him to keep both in the north, same way they brainwashed past southern leaders on one Nigeria by establishing every security agencies in the north.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: First Batch Of A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft Departs USA For Nigeria by lildush(m): 7:51pm On Jul 15, 2021
Wat is so special about this trash? America have better air craft to sell. Y selling this shir to us
Re: First Batch Of A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft Departs USA For Nigeria by SuperFalcon(f): 7:57pm On Jul 15, 2021
Saifullah01:
Truth be told Buhari is trying (just like Jonathan before him and yaradua before him - this I have realised). But you see us Nigerians we are the enemies of ourselves (Nigeria).
How do you explain the fake drugs, fake school certificates, substandard work by contractors, bribe collecting civil servants at the expense of their jobs, sex for grade Lecturers, grade for sex/money students and the list of our vices is long and ever growing with the passage of time
And in your right senses, who do you think should be blamed for these vices A word is enough for the wise.
Re: First Batch Of A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft Departs USA For Nigeria by WATCHMANX: 8:08pm On Jul 15, 2021
Administration1:
Finally, we shall wipe out the remaining insurgents, both in The North and South
You mean, finally you shall start the full war against southern Nigeria and the middle belt. grin
Re: First Batch Of A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft Departs USA For Nigeria by lexy2014: 8:10pm On Jul 15, 2021
Administration1:
Finally, we shall wipe out the remaining insurgents, both in The North and South

So if these jets don't arrive, insurgents won't be wiped out?
Re: First Batch Of A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft Departs USA For Nigeria by Basher8583: 8:11pm On Jul 15, 2021
SeeThisLoser:
People are talking about military aircraft, Nigerians are buying toy planes grin

Real military plane below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qxdUl2ZyFE

Please don't be ridiculous
Do you know it cost almost N14million ($34k) per hour to fly an F-22 Raptor

https://www.businessinsider.com/price-military-aircraft-per-flight-hour-2016-8

2 Likes

Re: First Batch Of A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft Departs USA For Nigeria by WATCHMANX: 8:13pm On Jul 15, 2021
Saifullah01:
You won't be saying this rubbish when they start the civil war. angry
Re: First Batch Of A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft Departs USA For Nigeria by WATCHMANX: 8:16pm On Jul 15, 2021
emaseriki:
For bokoharam and banditry or what?
For the fulani war against southern Nigeria. undecided
Re: First Batch Of A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft Departs USA For Nigeria by WATCHMANX: 8:32pm On Jul 15, 2021
Amotekun777:
So sad, majority of Nigerians are just too gullible, I swear. angry

Buhari is preparing for war! He's beefing up his Fulani soldiers should in case the south tries to 'misbehave' yet, here we are jublilating. undecided
So many Ignorant Southerners and some Christians.
The west African fulani are not waiting for them to 'misbehave' any more. The reality of the genocidal war on Southerners is already concluded and commences before year end...
People love living in doubt and skepticism about the imminence...
Re: First Batch Of A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft Departs USA For Nigeria by Average9jaman: 8:36pm On Jul 15, 2021
WaffenSS:

Apaches with TADS can shoot from miles away... silently and unseen...safe from AA guns.

But I prefer the use of 50mm cannons, cluster bombs, napalm, and white phosphorus to really neuter those Boko and bandit bastards. They should suffer before they die.

grin

1 Like

Re: First Batch Of A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft Departs USA For Nigeria by WATCHMANX: 8:36pm On Jul 15, 2021
Blackfire:
IPad and igbo-hoe miscreants we are coming for you..
No! The fulanis will attack every other tribes all over Nigeria.
Re: First Batch Of A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft Departs USA For Nigeria by WATCHMANX: 8:39pm On Jul 15, 2021
ghettochild:

I tot I was the only one who saw that piece of steel as a toy
They are still going to use that "toy" to bomb and kill many Innocent Nigerians. undecided
Re: First Batch Of A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft Departs USA For Nigeria by WATCHMANX: 8:43pm On Jul 15, 2021
Plut01:

Buhari's Cousins will be smiling right now.

Yes!...but many on this forum are so Ignorant sad
Re: First Batch Of A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft Departs USA For Nigeria by sulaak(m): 8:44pm On Jul 15, 2021
Saifullah01:

By 2023 Buhari will leave Nigeria with an External debt of $60 billion and a combined local and external debt of $130 billion on an annual income of less than $30 billion. Yet you say this man is trying.

How do you explain the fake drugs, fake school certificates, substandard work by contractors, bribe collecting civil servants at the expense of their jobs, sex for grade Lecturers, grade for sex/money students and the list of our vices is long and ever-growing with the passage of time

The simple answer is a weak and incompetent political leader, a president that is corrupt and cannot enforce good governance cannot control corruption.

The same Nigeria n obey the laws in Europe, Asia and USA....... why?

A government that focuses on Nnamdi Kanu, while hundred of Nigerians are being slaughtered in Kaduna and Benue is not trying to secure Nigeria.
Re: First Batch Of A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft Departs USA For Nigeria by WATCHMANX: 8:49pm On Jul 15, 2021
plusses:
On hearing this, the stupid ESN miscreants have started to purge. Una neva see anything yet. Igbos
When you become so hateful, and start generalizing, and killing many Igbos that are Innocent, you automatically sow the seed of your own damnation.
Re: First Batch Of A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft Departs USA For Nigeria by o9o9: 8:58pm On Jul 15, 2021
dubbiskelly:

In this day and age, it’s a shame that this country is still using aircrafts that are already consigned to museums in other nations.
Shame on this retrogressive leadership

Are you guys this naturally uneducated or just plain ignorant?

It's like asking the government to buy a Bugatti to do Uber. What you need is a slow, easily guided and modifiable low hanging jet not a supersonic jet like an F16 or A10 that costs an arm and a leg to maintain and to fast to do close air support.

2 Likes

Re: First Batch Of A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft Departs USA For Nigeria by TUANKU(m): 10:45pm On Jul 15, 2021
WaffenSS:

It's too fast. That's why it's also called Fast Mover. Sure with a great targeting pod it can knock off SAM sites and radars and even convoys, but it's not ideal for counterinsurgency where you're basically taking out people on foot and in technicals. Most often it needs laser designation from the ground which isn't always ideal.

You need slow movers, such as the A10 warthog and the Super Tucanos, and helo gunships, to loiter for long CAS and fire cannons, hellfires, and other antipersonnel weaponry.
Okay. Thanks for the explanation. I would go with the warthog over the tucano, i think it's a superior machine.

1 Like

Re: First Batch Of A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft Departs USA For Nigeria by Yankee101: 10:48pm On Jul 15, 2021
Countries have moved to the F series fighter jets and these people are still tucano tucanoeing?
Re: First Batch Of A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft Departs USA For Nigeria by WaffenSS(m): 12:53am On Jul 16, 2021
TUANKU:

Okay. Thanks for the explanation. I would go with the warthog over the tucano, i think it's a superior machine.

Yeah, except the US won't sell it to anyone

1 Like

Re: First Batch Of A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft Departs USA For Nigeria by Feggie3: 1:02am On Jul 16, 2021
Edusouls:
See aircraft like toy plane this is what Africans can’t even build, we be better olodo from nature, only to loot, steal defraud and to Bleep pussy is what we have credit on, our women are olodo raised to power 50 , only to exchange their body for money, get married and breed kids like rats is what they are good for consumer human beings, we have a long long way to go..
Damn!! U just spoke my mind!!
Re: First Batch Of A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft Departs USA For Nigeria by Wellington123: 1:07am On Jul 16, 2021
Amotekun777:
So sad, majority of Nigerians are just too gullible, I swear. angry

Buhari is preparing for war! He's beefing up his Fulani soldiers should in case the south tries to 'misbehave' yet, here we are jublilating. undecided

And u think most Fulani officers can fly that? Most of the intelligent flight officers that can fly that are southern air force officers

1 Like

Re: First Batch Of A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft Departs USA For Nigeria by slimfit1(m): 2:41am On Jul 16, 2021
voltront:

Not for this purpose.

Fool everyone you can't fool me Apache helicopter is way better than this.
Re: First Batch Of A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft Departs USA For Nigeria by Navalsadiq(m): 3:24am On Jul 16, 2021
Fatalveli:
Nigeria cannot even build this trash chai.

Africans are olodo
which one has any of your family member built

Block head
Re: First Batch Of A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft Departs USA For Nigeria by Navalsadiq(m): 3:26am On Jul 16, 2021
Fatalveli:

Africans are olodo
Re: First Batch Of A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft Departs USA For Nigeria by 00FFT00(m): 3:35am On Jul 16, 2021
Saifullah01:

Egypt, Africa's 5th oil exporter has all the vices you listed and more, yet the Egyptian Airforce flies F16's and Apache helicopters.
Re: First Batch Of A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft Departs USA For Nigeria by ThatFairGuy1: 4:36am On Jul 16, 2021
Of course we can. Nigerians are so brilliant that we've seen lots of innovations despite no resources but built from scratch. Government attention is what Nigeria lack not positive thinking
Fatalveli:

Africans are olodo
Re: First Batch Of A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft Departs USA For Nigeria by Fatalveli(m): 6:47am On Jul 16, 2021
Navalsadiq:
grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Double Nomination: Speak On Rumoured May 26 Public Holiday - PDP Tells Buhari / Sani Abacha’s Daughter, Gumsu Slams Fayose Over Controversial Advertorial / Biafra: Fight Military Or Keep Quiet – Oyebode Dares Nnamdi Kanu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.