Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,604 members, 7,958,844 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 05:18 AM

First Batch Of A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft Departs USA For Nigeria - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / First Batch Of A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft Departs USA For Nigeria (38796 Views)

Nigeria Receives Last Batch Of A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft / A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft Project On Course For Delivery As Scheduled. / Atiku Departs USA For Nigeria, To Be Part Of The Presidential Debate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: First Batch Of A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft Departs USA For Nigeria by jaytee01(m): 7:26am On Jul 16, 2021
Saifullah01:
Truth be told Buhari is trying (just like Jonathan before him and yaradua before him - this I have realised). But you see us Nigerians we are the enemies of ourselves (Nigeria).
How do you explain the fake drugs, fake school certificates, substandard work by contractors, bribe collecting civil servants at the expense of their jobs, sex for grade Lecturers, grade for sex/money students and the list of our vices is long and ever growing with the passage of time
Who is the most high profile holder of a fake certificate in Nigeria?
Re: First Batch Of A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft Departs USA For Nigeria by TUANKU(m): 7:38am On Jul 16, 2021
WaffenSS:

Yeah, except the US won't sell it to anyone
Any reason why they won't sell to anyone?
Re: First Batch Of A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft Departs USA For Nigeria by dubbiskelly(m): 7:40am On Jul 16, 2021
o9o9:

Are you guys this naturally uneducated or just plain ignorant?

It's like asking the government to buy a Bugatti to do Uber. What you need is a slow, easily guided and modifiable low hanging jet not a supersonic jet like an F16 or A10 that costs an arm and a leg to maintain and to fast to do close air support.

You must be really daft if you think that anyone who has a different opinion to yours is uneducated or ignorant, this speaks volumes of your education, wisdom and insight. I wish you Goodluck
Re: First Batch Of A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft Departs USA For Nigeria by Piddo(m): 7:47am On Jul 16, 2021
A fucking turboprop plane in 2021. Naija!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: First Batch Of A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft Departs USA For Nigeria by generalwo(m): 8:24am On Jul 16, 2021
presidency:
The first batch of 6 A-29 Super Tucano aircraft have departed the United States of America on Wednesday, 14 July 2021 enroute Nigeria. The 6 aircraft will be leapfrogged through 5 countries including Canada, Greenland, Iceland, Spain and Algeria before arriving their final destination in Nigeria towards the end of July 2021. An official induction ceremony of the aircraft into the inventory of the Nigerian Air Force is already being planned at a later date in August 2021 to be announced in due course. The Office of the Director of Public Relations and Information remains open to any inquiry regarding the arrival and induction of the aircraft.

Thank you.

Edward Gabkwet
Air Commodore
Director of Public Relations and Information
Nigerian Air Force

15 July 2021
.... Am I the only one that thinks an MQ9 reaper drone is even more effective than this plane? This looks like a toy sha

1 Like

Re: First Batch Of A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft Departs USA For Nigeria by WaffenSS(m): 8:39am On Jul 16, 2021
TUANKU:

Any reason why they won't sell to anyone?

Certain weapon platforms are prohibited, especially to protect technical capabilities. Even the F22 is not for sale to any country, including the traditional US allies.

1 Like

Re: First Batch Of A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft Departs USA For Nigeria by wandium: 8:58am On Jul 16, 2021
presidency:
The first batch of 6 A-29 Super Tucano aircraft have departed the United States of America on Wednesday, 14 July 2021 enroute Nigeria. The 6 aircraft will be leapfrogged through 5 countries including Canada, Greenland, Iceland, Spain and Algeria before arriving their final destination in Nigeria towards the end of July 2021. An official induction ceremony of the aircraft into the inventory of the Nigerian Air Force is already being planned at a later date in August 2021 to be announced in due course. The Office of the Director of Public Relations and Information remains open to any inquiry regarding the arrival and induction of the aircraft.

Thank you.

Edward Gabkwet
Air Commodore
Director of Public Relations and Information
Nigerian Air Force

15 July 2021

Left overs of WWII
Re: First Batch Of A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft Departs USA For Nigeria by TUANKU(m): 9:21am On Jul 16, 2021
WaffenSS:

Certain weapon platforms are prohibited, especially to protect technical capabilities. Even the F22 is not for sale to any country, including the traditional US allies.
Okay, thanks for taking the time to explain and educate me on this. We learn everyday and i have learned something new from you. I really appreciate.
I wish you a nice weekend ahead.

2 Likes

Re: First Batch Of A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft Departs USA For Nigeria by WaffenSS(m): 10:34am On Jul 16, 2021
TUANKU:

Okay, thanks for taking the time to explain and educate me on this. We learn everyday and i have learned something new from you. I really appreciate.
I wish you a nice weekend ahead.

Cheers bro

1 Like

Re: First Batch Of A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft Departs USA For Nigeria by o9o9: 10:43am On Jul 16, 2021
dubbiskelly:

You must be really daft if you think that anyone who has a different opinion to yours is uneducated or ignorant, this speaks volumes of your education, wisdom and insight. I wish you Goodluck

If you didn't wanted to be called out you need not have commented.

There's a clear difference between having a counter opinion and an outright spewing
of words you have no understanding of. The government is trying to arm the Airforce to fight an insurgency and buying a supersonic jet is outrightly useless for such tasks. You need a fixed wing jet that can do COIN and CAS effectively. The A29 fits the bill perfectly. It was largely one of the jets that helped the US flush out ISIS in the last 5 years. But in your infinite wisdom you think how big a jet is, is what typifies it's functionality.

That's not an opinion, that's ignorance on subject matter of discussion. And you would do well to show us a single country where the A29 is a museum relic. Mtswwwheeewww

1 Like

Re: First Batch Of A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft Departs USA For Nigeria by dubbiskelly(m): 12:12pm On Jul 16, 2021
o9o9:

If you didn't wanted to be called out you need not have commented.

There's a clear difference between having a counter opinion and an outright spewing
of words you have no understanding of. The government is trying to arm the Airforce to fight an insurgency and buying a supersonic jet is outrightly useless for such tasks. You need a fixed wing jet that can carry do COIN and CAS effectively. The A29 fits the bill perfectly. It was largely one of the jets that helped the US flush out ISIS in the last 5 years. But in your infinite wisdom you think how big a jet is, is what typifies it's functionality.

That's not an opinion, that's ignorance on subject matter of discussion. And you would do well to show us a sine country where the A29 is a museum relic. Mtswwwheeewww

All I see is paid lapdogs on the prowl, that’s why the animals in saner climes live better lives and have better rights than citizens of this plagued and flawed geographical location.
Re: First Batch Of A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft Departs USA For Nigeria by obaaderemi: 12:35pm On Jul 16, 2021
Emmexguy123:
I only saw a toy painted with shining oil paint nothing more..
that's a super Tucano, you bush baby.

1 Like

Re: First Batch Of A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft Departs USA For Nigeria by Babisha10(m): 11:32pm On Jul 16, 2021
Fatalveli:
Nigeria cannot even build this trash chai.

Africans are olodo
Even ur father too
Re: First Batch Of A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft Departs USA For Nigeria by Kirkman: 12:19am On Jul 17, 2021
generalwo:
.... Am I the only one that thinks an MQ9 reaper drone is even more effective than this plane? This looks like a toy sha
The US of A won't sell that to us either. But I think the former Chief of Airstaff Sadiq Abubakar placed an order for some drones from China.

https://www.globaltimes.cn/content/1206522.shtml

Re: First Batch Of A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft Departs USA For Nigeria by o9o9: 11:26am On Jul 17, 2021
dubbiskelly:

All I see is paid lapdogs on the prowl, that’s why the animals in saner climes live better lives and have better rights than citizens of this plagued and flawed geographical location.

Lol . As usual the typical Nigerian.

When you can't defend your points. You state the other is a paid hack.

For your info., You have not criticised this govt half as i have done but i critic with commonsense.

Still waiting for your list of Countries where the A29 is a museum relic. Present that or stfu.

1 Like

Re: First Batch Of A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft Departs USA For Nigeria by generalwo(m): 2:45am On Jul 18, 2021
Kirkman:

The US of A won't sell that to us either. But I think the former Chief of Airstaff Sadiq Abubakar placed an order for some drones from China.

https://www.globaltimes.cn/content/1206522.shtml
... I saw this and something inside of me tells me that the Chinese government will monitor every bit of this device's use......maybe plant a Spyware to monitor the use of this drone..... I don't trust anything about China!

1 Like

Re: First Batch Of A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft Departs USA For Nigeria by Kirkman: 5:49am On Jul 18, 2021
generalwo:
... I saw this and something inside of me tells me that the Chinese government will monitor every bit of this device's use......maybe plant a Spyware to monitor the use of this drone..... I don't trust anything about China!
Your fears are understood but what are we to do as a nation we need those drones in the NAF.
Re: First Batch Of A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft Departs USA For Nigeria by dubbiskelly(m): 1:52pm On Jul 18, 2021
o9o9:

Lol . As usual the typical Nigerian.

When you can't defend your points. You state the other is a paid hack.

For your info., You have not criticised this govt half as i have done but i critic with commonsense.

Still waiting for your list of Countries where the A29 is a museum relic. Present that or stfu.

Still waiting for the list? Show me a developed nation that still has this craft as part of their Air Force, then I’ll make the list available to you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Court Adjourns Kanu’s Trial To Oct 21 / EndSARS: Hussaini Coomasie Apologises To Protesters / Fact-Check: FG Did Not Declare Three-Day Holiday For Eid-Ul-Adha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.