Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,324 members, 7,811,959 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:57 AM

Britain & Bindmans Seek Nnamdi Kanu’s Consent To Take Over Case - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Britain & Bindmans Seek Nnamdi Kanu’s Consent To Take Over Case (43955 Views)

Bindmans To Carry Nnamdi Kanu Case / Britain, Firm Seek Kanu’s Consent To Take Over Case / Sowore: AGF Malami Orders DSS To Hands-Off Trial, Takes Over Case-file (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Britain & Bindmans Seek Nnamdi Kanu’s Consent To Take Over Case by Vetsolo(m): 9:53am On Jul 16, 2021
supporter of APC when de say go to school you choose cow which terrorism charge?u think they would not have arrested him if he had a case to answer in Britain? Anuofia

Jerryherd:
Good one, let him use his own hands, to set himself up

Bindmans filling a law suit on the process of his rendition would only open up terrorism charges against him in UK

It's going to be Kenyan government vs bindmans law firm representing Nnamdi Kanu struggling it out in the UK court
Re: Britain & Bindmans Seek Nnamdi Kanu’s Consent To Take Over Case by Vetsolo(m): 9:54am On Jul 16, 2021
Anuofiawhen de say go to school you choose cow which terrorism charge?u think they would not have arrested him if he had a case to answer in Britain? Anuofia

Jerryherd:

Bindmans filling a law suit on the process of his rendition would only open up terrorism charges against him in UK

It's going to be Kenyan government vs bindmans law firm representing Nnamdi Kanu struggling it out in the UK court
Re: Britain & Bindmans Seek Nnamdi Kanu’s Consent To Take Over Case by Vetsolo(m): 9:54am On Jul 16, 2021
Anuofia when de say go to school you choose cow which terrorism charge?u think they would not have arrested him if he had a case to answer in Britain? Anuofia

Jerryherd:

Re: Britain & Bindmans Seek Nnamdi Kanu’s Consent To Take Over Case by Nobody: 9:54am On Jul 16, 2021
GerogeI:

Bro, you are just foolishly playing out your own scenario in your head. When the British Government asks Nigeria to produce Kanu in a British Court, they have no choice but to do so, else our president will not be able to go for his treatments. In fact, everyone know his trip for treatment on eve of Kanu's abduction was likely cancelled for fear of repercussions. When is he going back for checkup?

Further, your write up assumes Kanu is guilty of terrorism. In a British court, your have to prove so. Maybe the process will be exposing to the world state actors who sponsor terror campaigns against there own populace in the name of secret police.

Am sure videos of Helicopters regularly dropping supplies for Bokoharam without consequences in a country with Airforce and Nationwide Radar coverage will be admissible in court. Or videos of Northern gunmen arriving the residence of Abia state APC Chieftan just prior to the campaign of so called Unknown Gunmen. Or how convenient it is, that the UGM campaign would end at the start of Kanus 8 days ordeal. One would have expected that terrorists would cause more havoc at the arrest of their leader, but we had no single violence.

Bottom line, everything must be done to take the case outside the shores of Nigeria. And Britain is a good place, she has many Nigerian strings to hold in case of court contempt.

The problem with you people is you reason emotionally not intellectually.

World politics and diplomacy and rule of law only exist to the point where sovereign interests come in. What sovereign interest does UK have in Kanu? What sovereign interests do they have in Nigeria? Answer these questions and you will know the extent of any british involvement in Kanu's fate. Human rights human rights, did the USA not engage in torture in the aftermath of 9/11? All they did mas make sure it happenned outside US soil. Human rights human rights, do you see the west go against Saudi Arabia and all their human rights abuse?

you people really should learn to stop talking like fools!!!

Kanu will rot in a Nigeria jail.

1 Like

Re: Britain & Bindmans Seek Nnamdi Kanu’s Consent To Take Over Case by 40BGvm: 9:55am On Jul 16, 2021
[s]
GoodGrace:
Please whatever you do, don't hire this Aloy guy as your lawyer. He is clearly unfit as a legal counsel.

The British government can offer consulate support to Kanu. This is not a big deal. The objective of this is to ensure that he gets fair treatment. However to state that this would result in the British government demanding for his release from the Nigerian government is idiotic.

Firstly, he was not kidnapped (extradited) from the United Kingdom. Hence, the UK can not ask for his return. At best, the UK would ask Kenya, which would deny any wrongdoing.

Secondly, to state that the would have global whatever is just a joke. Nigeria and UK are both sovereign states. Note: This news item is not mainstream. This is not the same as Umaru Dikko or Osama Bin Laden's case, where governments did not regard the territorial boundaries of other states.

Thirdly, it is a pure joke to think the appointment of a British legal firm would stir any water. Any idiot called to bar can start a firm this week, even though today is Friday. There are 2 lawyers for every cent. I worry for Kanu if he is hoping that this unknown Birdman firm would provide a god defense for him in a Nigerian court.

In the very end, the story that would come out of this is that a bounty was placed on his head, mercenaries brought him back to Nigeria... and the Nigerian government took custody of a fugitive from the law. If any one would could be said to have kidnapped him or not followed due process it would be he mercenary organization. If anyone wants to go after the mercenary organization, what you would find is a shell company in the Cayman Islands.

This lawyer had better start preparing a good defense for his client. But this guy is a "miss-road" lawyer. With all the money that Kanu has, he should be able to get a better defense for himself. To focus on the case of extradition would be a joke.[/s]

Shut up.
Re: Britain & Bindmans Seek Nnamdi Kanu’s Consent To Take Over Case by klax(m): 9:56am On Jul 16, 2021
I said it being irresponsible govt is irredeemable. Umaru Dikko case failed pls why using that tactics again if not being plain silly?

Same unconstitutional tactics as used against igboho. I said it with the way Kanu was arrested he had win the case against this govt the only option left for them is for them to be planning to terminate him through strange means which will cause chaos for sure.

You can not kidnapped anyone on another man's country its wrong approach. Kanu offended Nigeria govt and a responsible govt will demand his repatriation through legal means to the very end but for Malawi and apc govt turning international kidnapper its a shame.

Now Kanu might be free and wax stronger and buhari should remember ICC already on alert to sit his bum on hot plate as per igboho midnight coupe d'etat.
Re: Britain & Bindmans Seek Nnamdi Kanu’s Consent To Take Over Case by tradepunter: 9:58am On Jul 16, 2021
IGBOSON1:
These Brits are still under the mistaken impression that they're dealing with a responsible gov't! Buhari, being the hateful and vindictive person he is, will rather take a bullet than allow the British gov't take his prisoner, Mazi Kanu, back to the UK!

For Buhari to yield, western gov'ts have to throw away the rule book and go medieval on his skinny ass!

I have never seen so much truth like yours.

Thank goodness everyone knows the caliber of person in power.
Re: Britain & Bindmans Seek Nnamdi Kanu’s Consent To Take Over Case by malware: 9:58am On Jul 16, 2021
ogwumgbe:

UK had never been in support of framing his citizen up and tried him in the most horrible corrupt Court. They are aware that the they tried to murder him in his own house while killing scores of people. That's why they issued him a new passport and allowed him to stay in Britain. People don't reason at all, if they thought that MNK was guilty, they would have not issued him a new Passport neither would they allow him to operate his radio in UK. So for Nigeria government to collide with Kenya and kidnap him, they are in big diplomatic mess. Why do you think that Kenya government is denying their involvement in the charade? Because they have already known the consequence of what they have done, since their government is more civilized and competent that Nigeria. I see Nigeria banned from common wealth soon

What was the consequence of the snatching of a Turkish-US citizen by the Turkish secret agents in Kenya? Has the US sanctioned Turkey or are they still preparing to bomb both Turkey and Kenya?

You guys should carry on with your permutations while the Kenyan Govt continue to smile to the banks.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.france24.com/en/middle-east/20210531-turkish-secret-agents-snatch-fethullah-gulen-s-nephew-in-kenya

2 Likes

Re: Britain & Bindmans Seek Nnamdi Kanu’s Consent To Take Over Case by ezekins: 9:58am On Jul 16, 2021
I disagree with you. note that in law he who asserts must prove. If Kenya should he was in their country to promote terrorism, why was he not tried in Kenya. He who comes to equity must come with clean hands.

Most Ipobians are stupid so I don't take offense in their ignorance and stupidity

British citizens that joined ISIL outside UK soil got full punishment but dunce Ipobians don't know that

His lawyers in UK would go to court that he was abducted in Kenya by Uhuru Kenyatta's government, and Kenya's government would give evidence why they felt he was in their country to promote terrorism... And believe me if Kenya Government opens up then he is finished completely in the UK[/quote]
Re: Britain & Bindmans Seek Nnamdi Kanu’s Consent To Take Over Case by templemount: 9:58am On Jul 16, 2021
Jerryherd:

Most Ipobians are stupid so I don't take offense in their ignorance and stupidity

British citizens that joined ISIL outside UK soil got full punishment but dunce Ipobians don't know that

His lawyers in UK would go to court that he was abducted in Kenya by Uhuru Kenyatta's government, and Kenya's government would give evidence why they felt he was in their country to promote terrorism... And believe me if Kenya Government opens up then he is finished completely in the UK
shut up abeg
Re: Britain & Bindmans Seek Nnamdi Kanu’s Consent To Take Over Case by Nobody: 9:58am On Jul 16, 2021
onuman:

British laws cover British citizens equally.

Britain is not like your Nigeria where there are unequal citizens. George Orwell’s Animal Farm is a perfect definition for Nigeria.

Your primitive man wishful thinking does not obtain in places like GB and the USA.

You really are very ignorant. Nobody gives a Bleep about Nnamdi Kanu in Britain and so the British govt will not jeorpadise their interests in Nigeria! If you like hold protest outside Nigerian Embassy or Buhari's official residence in UK. if you live in the UK you will know there is one protest or another every day outside some embassy or another......life goes on.

Dont be deceived to think because something is debated in Parliarment or congress (US) it will lead to anything. Most of the MPs are just fullfilling all righteousness for optics.
Re: Britain & Bindmans Seek Nnamdi Kanu’s Consent To Take Over Case by Ojiofor: 9:59am On Jul 16, 2021
Some Ipobians commenting trash here doesn't know that many British citizen that went to Syria and joined ISIS their citizenship was revoked by British government and banned from entering the country.Nnamdi Kanu is a terror suspect that jumped bail and no country is going to save him.He must be held accountable for all the bloodshed from Obigbo till date.

1 Like

Re: Britain & Bindmans Seek Nnamdi Kanu’s Consent To Take Over Case by ezekins: 9:59am On Jul 16, 2021
I disagree with you. note that in law he who asserts must prove. If Kenya should say he was in their country to promote terrorism, why was he not tried in Kenya. He who comes to equity must come with clean hands.

His lawyers in UK would go to court that he was abducted in Kenya by Uhuru Kenyatta's government, and Kenya's government would give evidence why they felt he was in their country to promote terrorism... And believe me if Kenya Government opens up then he is finished completely in the UK[/quote]
Re: Britain & Bindmans Seek Nnamdi Kanu’s Consent To Take Over Case by templemount: 10:00am On Jul 16, 2021
ChilamNk:

You're comparing the British citizen that travel all the way to join IS with IPOB that the same Britain offered to give asylum?

You saw the four walls of the classroom..? I doubt !
Let me remind u as if u'll care to listen that No right thinking foreign investor will as it stands consider investing in ur Northern region.

The current kidnap of students for ransom that is currently going on in your region will send you educationally backwards while the little purchasing power u av will end in the hands of ur business-men bandits.

Bitcoin was created the same 2009 that Boko Haram was created..look where Bitcoin is and look how backwards ur region is.

Be looking for IPOB and Mazzi Nnamdi KANU's threads to comment on.
u sabi
Re: Britain & Bindmans Seek Nnamdi Kanu’s Consent To Take Over Case by Nobody: 10:01am On Jul 16, 2021
IGBOSON1:
These Brits are still under the mistaken impression that they're dealing with a responsible gov't! Buhari, being the hateful and vindictive person he is, will rather take a bullet than allow the British gov't take his prisoner, Mazi Kanu, back to the UK!

For Buhari to yield, western gov'ts have to throw away the rule book and go medieval on his skinny ass!
Buhari cannot dare the British government

2 Likes

Re: Britain & Bindmans Seek Nnamdi Kanu’s Consent To Take Over Case by Nobody: 10:02am On Jul 16, 2021
Jerryherd:

His lawyers in UK would go to court that he was abducted in Kenya by Uhuru Kenyatta's government, and Kenya's government would give evidence why they felt he was in their country to promote terrorism... And believe me if Kenya Government opens up then he is finished completely in the UK
There is a big difference between terrorism and a separatist movement group
Re: Britain & Bindmans Seek Nnamdi Kanu’s Consent To Take Over Case by ogwumgbe: 10:02am On Jul 16, 2021
malware:

What was the consequence of the snatching of a Turkish-US citizen by the Turkish secret agents in Kenya? Has the US sanctioned Turkey or are they still preparing to bomb both Turkey and Kenya?

Whenever you make comparison bro, you should try to do it with the country in the same level with you. I laugh when people here compare China, Russia and other big nations to what is happening in Nigeria. Nigeria is a fucking third world country that depend on loans to survive, so they don't have what it takes to break international Law and get away with it, If China for example breaks the Law, they can't be bullied, they have what it takes to say I am not ready to bulge, what do Nigeria have, does it have what it takes to say no to challenge Britain?
Re: Britain & Bindmans Seek Nnamdi Kanu’s Consent To Take Over Case by Neddyogu(m): 10:03am On Jul 16, 2021
DelTel:

...."They will be filing all these processes in the UK and there is a prospect of a UK court assuming universal jurisdiction or extra-territorial jurisdiction and reaching into Kenya so that they can arrest every Kenyan official, either authorised or not, and every Nigerian official involved in this case.”.....

Is it the lawyer or The Punch that is doing comedy grin.

grin
Re: Britain & Bindmans Seek Nnamdi Kanu’s Consent To Take Over Case by malware: 10:05am On Jul 16, 2021
ogwumgbe:

Whenever you make comparison bro, you should try to do it with the country in the same level with you. I laugh when people here compare China, Russia and other big nations to what is happening in Nigeria. Nigeria is a fucking third world country that depend on loans to survive, so they don't have what it takes to break international Law and get away with it, If China for example breaks the Law, they can't be bullied, they have what it takes to say I am not ready to bulge, what do Nigeria have, does it have what it takes to say no to challenge Britain?

And you think the UK will trade its diplomatic relationship with Nigeria for some secessionist who on daily basis curses them for creating Nigeria to the hearing of the entire world?

1 Like

Re: Britain & Bindmans Seek Nnamdi Kanu’s Consent To Take Over Case by ogwumgbe: 10:07am On Jul 16, 2021
malware:

And you think the UK will trade its diplomatic relationship with Nigeria for some secessionist who on daily basis curses them for creating Nigeria to the hearing of the entire world?

Open your eyes and smell the coffee bro, most people here are not learned. If UK allows him to operate in their country, what do you think is the reason? use your brain bro, I will not say more than this

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Britain & Bindmans Seek Nnamdi Kanu’s Consent To Take Over Case by redcliff: 10:08am On Jul 16, 2021
Left to me, If I was the british, I would not take this situation very light because if this is left to go unattended to by them, it sends the wrong message of their strength in world politics and dominance, it means Anybody can do this to any of their citizens anywhere. Make them use Nigeria do scape goat.

1 Like

Re: Britain & Bindmans Seek Nnamdi Kanu’s Consent To Take Over Case by Blackdisciple(m): 10:08am On Jul 16, 2021
Nice one ..
He will be freed soon
Re: Britain & Bindmans Seek Nnamdi Kanu’s Consent To Take Over Case by Danzakidakura(m): 10:09am On Jul 16, 2021
Jerryherd:

some people are just plainly stupid with their retrogressive learning. What evidence do Kenya has to show that he was in their country to promote terrorism, why didn't they persecute him in their country if it is true, why did they denied ever arreating him in their country, why did they smuggled him out without his passport ? You need to open your mind to learning and stop seeing things from bias mindset.
Re: Britain & Bindmans Seek Nnamdi Kanu’s Consent To Take Over Case by MICHEALADEX(m): 10:11am On Jul 16, 2021
Why are this people so senseless, you abuse and blame Britain for what you call entrapment yet you're calling on same Britain to free your lord and savior.

At the end Biafra will still remain a colony of the British
Re: Britain & Bindmans Seek Nnamdi Kanu’s Consent To Take Over Case by akdjr(m): 10:11am On Jul 16, 2021
I trust Buhari u can't toss him up and down thinking you're from a powerful country. By the time malami start comparing Uk with Ebonyi state everybody go go back to base.
Re: Britain & Bindmans Seek Nnamdi Kanu’s Consent To Take Over Case by otino(m): 10:12am On Jul 16, 2021
“They will be filing all these processes in the UK and there is a prospect of a UK court assuming universal jurisdiction or extra-territorial jurisdiction and reaching into Kenya so that they can arrest every Kenyan official, either authorised or not, and every Nigerian official involved in this case.”

That's not possible, the UK can't do that, as in who dem be? Hague or what?
Re: Britain & Bindmans Seek Nnamdi Kanu’s Consent To Take Over Case by survivor10(m): 10:13am On Jul 16, 2021
ChilamNk:

You're comparing the British citizen that travel all the way to join IS with IPOB that the same Britain offered to give asylum?

You saw the four walls of the classroom..? I doubt !
Let me remind u as if u'll care to listen that No right thinking foreign investor will as it stands consider investing in ur Northern region.

The current kidnap of students for ransom that is currently going on in your region will send you educationally backwards while the little purchasing power u av will end in the hands of ur business-men bandits.

Bitcoin was created the same 2009 that Boko Haram was created..look where Bitcoin is and look how backwards ur region is.

Be looking for IPOB and Mazzi Nnamdi KANU's threads to comment on.

My brother, quota system has finished us. That a fool can come and dine with people who are better than the person, not only that, be in charge since 1966.

1 Like

Re: Britain & Bindmans Seek Nnamdi Kanu’s Consent To Take Over Case by colestephan86: 10:13am On Jul 16, 2021
Re: Britain & Bindmans Seek Nnamdi Kanu’s Consent To Take Over Case by kense88: 10:14am On Jul 16, 2021
IGBOSON1:

we wouldn't mind a gaddafi treatment, on his evil ass. Anything that can disintegrate the present day nigeria, is welcomed

2 Likes

Re: Britain & Bindmans Seek Nnamdi Kanu’s Consent To Take Over Case by malware: 10:15am On Jul 16, 2021
ogwumgbe:

Open your eyes and smell the coffee bro, most people here are not learned. If UK allows him to operate in their country, what do you think is the reason? use your brain bro, I will not say more than this

And how sure are you he operated from the UK, and not Kenya, after jumping bail?
Re: Britain & Bindmans Seek Nnamdi Kanu’s Consent To Take Over Case by Nobody: 10:15am On Jul 16, 2021
Probably the most visible diplomat in Nigeria in the last 2 years is the UK high commisioner. why? because post brexit they are keen to create new markets and drum up new business/markets for their companies. if you followed brexit, you will know the freedom to sign new treaties and explore new markets was one of the key reasons given by advocates of Brexit. They are not going to jeopardise that over one riff-raff 99.9999% of Britons have never heard of.
Re: Britain & Bindmans Seek Nnamdi Kanu’s Consent To Take Over Case by kense88: 10:16am On Jul 16, 2021
SeeThisLoser:

If the House of Parliament gets involved which it will, it may force the hand of the government to take action against Nigeria.
hopefully, it will be a millitary action. After all, that is the language the terrorist government understands

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Ayiri Emami Greeting Dignitaries At Saraki's Daughter's Wedding / Femi Adesina: EndSARS Protesters Rain Curses On Me Via SMS, Phone Calls / Tinubu: 8 Things Buhari's Government Must Do For Nigerians. See List...

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.