Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,250 members, 7,825,975 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 07:36 AM

US Embassy Syndicate Sells Visa Interview Dates N600,000 To Nigerians As Appoint - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / US Embassy Syndicate Sells Visa Interview Dates N600,000 To Nigerians As Appoint (1240 Views)

Police Officers Reject N300,000 Bribe, Return N600,000 Paid Into Account (pics) / Justice Ministry Syndicate Sells Recovered FG Properties, Pockets Proceeds / Onyeama Knocks South African Minister Who Described Nigerians As Drug Dealers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

US Embassy Syndicate Sells Visa Interview Dates N600,000 To Nigerians As Appoint by Nobody: 8:31am On Jul 16, 2021
US Embassy Syndicate Sells Visa Interview Dates N600,000 To Nigerians As Appointments Fill Up Till 2024 – Victims

They stated that this is as a result of visa interview dates filling up till 2024, forcing those who are desperate to secure an interview to cough out huge amounts of money to officials.

BY SAHARAREPORTERS, NEW YORKJUL 15, 2021

Nigerians aspiring to travel out of the country to the United States of America now buy visa interview date at the rate of N600,000, some victims have told SaharaReporters.

They stated that this is as a result of visa interview dates filling up till 2024, forcing those who are desperate to secure an interview to cough out huge amounts of money to officials.

US Embassy, Abuja, Nigeria
A witness, Mr Kayode Usman (not real name), who has already applied for a visa to travel to the United States told SaharaReporters on Tuesday.

Usman disclosed that a US Naval Officer who is resident in Nigeria confirmed this to him as he also tried to help someone secure a date for an interview at the US Embassy in Abuja, the nation’s capital.

He added that those who had planned to travel on the basis of health and academic issues are the most desperate to leave the country and would get the date at the exorbitant cost of N600,000.

“So, it was a friend of mine who reached out yesterday. He discussed the whole thing and said that for now, you cannot get a date earlier than 2024 on the website of the United States. It is there on the US portal. That means from now till 2024, on every workday that is filled up already. It means people have been given dates to come for an interview.

“I now asked how he got the information because I had also applied before. People that are applying are in a more difficult situation except on medical and academic grounds. So, it has now got to the point that they have a kind of third party arrangement to sell their dates.

“So he told me that she has this agent who is planning to help them a buy date for someone for N600,000. I was surprised. So, before I talked about that information today, I got that information from a US Naval Officer here in Nigeria who said that he saw one for N300,000. He said he was trying to help someone to get a visa date in Abuja. He now sold the date for N600,000.”

According to him, he said the US Naval Officer told him the situation may be an arrangement between the Nigerian and American governments to discourage or limit the exodus of Nigerian youths travelling to US.

“A travel agent confirmed that if you check the website, you cannot find any date earlier than 2024. That was what the Naval Officer also said that both governments are trying to discourage people from travelling.

“I did not think it could be so bad that you now have dates filled up till 2024 from now. So, in my opinion, I think there is connivance between the two governments to frustrate people aspiring to travel. But, now they are just making money from people because people are paying money to buy interview date and they will tell you to go home after spending two minutes with you,” a victim stated.

http://saharareporters.com/2021/07/15/us-embassy-syndicate-sells-visa-interview-dates-n600000-nigerians-appointments-fill-till
Re: US Embassy Syndicate Sells Visa Interview Dates N600,000 To Nigerians As Appoint by Tinubuadvocate: 8:34am On Jul 16, 2021
Alright.
Re: US Embassy Syndicate Sells Visa Interview Dates N600,000 To Nigerians As Appoint by Righteousness2(m): 8:50am On Jul 16, 2021
See how our people are desiring to run away to a Country that needs Help.

Folks, I advice everyone and I say this from Experience ( Physical, Spiritual and Personal).

If you are not Divinely led to travel especially in these times, Stay where you are! So many folks out there who Left anyhow are suffering anyhow now! The worst is many cannot come back becos they don't have the means to.

Take time and seek GOD'S leading b4 you make that Journey.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Embassy Syndicate Sells Visa Interview Dates N600,000 To Nigerians As Appoint by Lanretoye(m): 8:56am On Jul 16, 2021
The will now tell you to go home afyer spending 2mins with you...chai,600k ti wo'gbo.
Re: US Embassy Syndicate Sells Visa Interview Dates N600,000 To Nigerians As Appoint by FarahAideed: 8:57am On Jul 16, 2021
Africans always have their eyes on another man's thing
Re: US Embassy Syndicate Sells Visa Interview Dates N600,000 To Nigerians As Appoint by HONESTFACT101(m): 9:07am On Jul 16, 2021
waiting for the first comnenter to spew balderdash
Re: US Embassy Syndicate Sells Visa Interview Dates N600,000 To Nigerians As Appoint by Maxymilliano(m): 9:08am On Jul 16, 2021
Nonsensical!

Why won’t we have economic issues in Nigeria if we pay for stupid thing meant to be free for such an amount..

I still doubt the validity of this anyway!

1 Like

Re: US Embassy Syndicate Sells Visa Interview Dates N600,000 To Nigerians As Appoint by SmartPolician: 9:12am On Jul 16, 2021
Lazy Nigerians!
You people want easy life after voting for an oldie who cannot tell his left from his right.
You want to escape into another man's country after destroying yours.
So, you apply for Visa In 2021 and they fix your interview in 2024.
The United States must really be the extension of heaven on Earth.
Re: US Embassy Syndicate Sells Visa Interview Dates N600,000 To Nigerians As Appoint by valentineuwakwe(m): 9:12am On Jul 16, 2021
Anyhow wey dem put am or do am, boys go still travel!
Re: US Embassy Syndicate Sells Visa Interview Dates N600,000 To Nigerians As Appoint by Chloraseptic: 9:17am On Jul 16, 2021
I hope this isn't the case with immigrant Visa..

Person go get grey hair for head first before he reach America. Which strength will one use to work when he gets there..

2 Likes

Re: US Embassy Syndicate Sells Visa Interview Dates N600,000 To Nigerians As Appoint by Okoroawusa: 9:24am On Jul 16, 2021
I know that Sowore will also find a way to pin the story on Nigeria and Nigerians.

Call it what it is and that it's the fact that the U.S Embassy staff are corrupt!!!

Don't sugar coat it anywhere!!!
Re: US Embassy Syndicate Sells Visa Interview Dates N600,000 To Nigerians As Appoint by ValCon888: 9:37am On Jul 16, 2021
The desperation to leave this shithole is unmatched.
Interview dates where you can still be rejected.
This country is finished.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: US Embassy Syndicate Sells Visa Interview Dates N600,000 To Nigerians As Appoint by Validated: 9:52am On Jul 16, 2021
And some trolls will come and compare miserable lives in the shithole to those living in the west. Naira this for rent versus dollars that for accomodation. Stay in Naija and enjoy life they won't.
Re: US Embassy Syndicate Sells Visa Interview Dates N600,000 To Nigerians As Appoint by Kzinne: 9:59am On Jul 16, 2021
Re: US Embassy Syndicate Sells Visa Interview Dates N600,000 To Nigerians As Appoint by FakeUnity: 4:27pm On Jul 16, 2021
The best way to solve this issue is for youths to march to Aso rock and confront buhari.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Army Pardons New Batch Of Over 200 Boko Haram Fighters, Families / APC Winning Nkanu West Chairmanship In Enugu Because Of Ugwuanyi Bad Governance / 5 Reasons Why No Igbo Should Contest For Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.