Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,680 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:42 PM

Heavy Flooding In Marina Lagos Drowns Cars (Picture) - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Heavy Flooding In Marina Lagos Drowns Cars (Picture) (68451 Views)

Lagosians Rush To Board Lagos Blue Line Rail Train In Marina (Video) / Diesel Truck Catches Fire At Marina, Lagos (Video) / Heavy Flooding In Benin City, What's The Situation In Your City? (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Heavy Flooding In Marina Lagos Drowns Cars (Picture) by donbrowser(m): 4:25pm On Jul 16, 2021
donstan18:
Lagos is the dirtiest, overrated, frustrating, suffocating, shiitiest, over populated, filthiest, disorganized, irritating and over hyped state in the world.

The presence of celebrities is the only thing differentiating Lagos from Abia and Ekiti state.

A ground for thuggery, traffic, depression, crimes, fake lives, infections and all manner of fvckery.

Any honest Lagosian will agree with me.

If you ever leave Lagos to Abuja, Port harcourt or Kano, you’ll understand me better. To even think this is happening to the overrated Lekki makes it more funny.

Tueh!! angry

https://floodlist.com/america/usa/storm-elsa-floods-new-york-subway-july-2021

https://floodlist.com/america/usa/usa-floods-texas-july-2021
Re: Heavy Flooding In Marina Lagos Drowns Cars (Picture) by Generaloluseye: 4:26pm On Jul 16, 2021
donstan18:
Lagos is the dirtiest, overrated, frustrating, suffocating, shiitiest, over populated, filthiest, disorganized, irritating and over hyped state in the world.

The presence of celebrities is the only thing differentiating Lagos from Abia and Ekiti state.

A ground for thuggery, traffic, depression, crimes, fake lives, bleaching, oloshoism, infections and all manner of fvckery.

If.Lagos is dirty, what do you say about Ibadan

If you ever leave Lagos to Abuja, Port harcourt or Kano, you’ll understand me better. To even think this is happening to the overrated Lekki makes it more funny.

Tueh!! angry

Re: Heavy Flooding In Marina Lagos Drowns Cars (Picture) by Nobody: 4:26pm On Jul 16, 2021
donstan18:

A ground for thuggery, traffic, depression, crimes, fake lives, bleaching, oloshoism, infections and all manner of fvckery.

Tueh!! angry

Sounds like you don’t like Lagos very much.

1 Like

Re: Heavy Flooding In Marina Lagos Drowns Cars (Picture) by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:28pm On Jul 16, 2021
post=103774206:
This is seriously serious!

Welcome to Lagos : A state of Firsts in everything. Even in flooding!

GOVERNOR Sanwo-Olu, do something biko,
We don't wanna hear stories that touch!

Osondi Owendi : Some mechanics will be smiling seeing these pictures, while the car owners will be crying.

That is life for you!

In every situation you find yourself : GIVE THANKS!

We smile this week and next with the spare part dealers cool
Re: Heavy Flooding In Marina Lagos Drowns Cars (Picture) by LagbajaTheBEREAN: 4:29pm On Jul 16, 2021
FalseProphet1:
I see APC zombies reminding Nairalanders that Germany, Belgium and Netherlands is currently flooded as well forgetting that they economy is far better bad the level of hunger and insecurity we're experiencing isn't like that over there.

This I have seen.
grin grin grin

Weyrey
Re: Heavy Flooding In Marina Lagos Drowns Cars (Picture) by jibrilcisse: 4:29pm On Jul 16, 2021
donstan18:
Lagos that what Lagos is all a out
Tueh!! angry

Re: Heavy Flooding In Marina Lagos Drowns Cars (Picture) by flokii: 4:29pm On Jul 16, 2021
Just look at what Marina has turned to.. a place that used to be well planned and neat.

If we talk now, they'll call us bigots.. the same people flocking into Lagos in their millions like IDPs are the same ones that will bad mouth the State yet they can't stay in their own region to develop.

10 Likes

Re: Heavy Flooding In Marina Lagos Drowns Cars (Picture) by bigtt76(f): 4:29pm On Jul 16, 2021
Wow! Many bankers would need to change their rides o!

lalasticlala:
Heavy Flooding in Marina, Lagos Drowns Cars.

https://twitter.com/RealOlaudah/status/1416035041734500352
Re: Heavy Flooding In Marina Lagos Drowns Cars (Picture) by Laideabdulahi: 4:30pm On Jul 16, 2021
post=103774206:

Osondi Owendi : Some mechanics will be smiling seeing these pictures, while the car owners will be crying.

That is life for you!

O loun
My mechanic go hammer.
Re: Heavy Flooding In Marina Lagos Drowns Cars (Picture) by Heybeejay91: 4:30pm On Jul 16, 2021
We also experienced a similar case here in Germany yesterday in one district of North-Rhine Palatinate.
Hammyaladin:
One of the Most intelligent comment on this thread.

Many people are just waiting to say Lagos shit hole, Lagos dirty, lagos this Lagos that! But na that same Lagos they either they or the struggle to come (mainland)

Nonsense and ingredients!
Re: Heavy Flooding In Marina Lagos Drowns Cars (Picture) by Lifestone(m): 4:31pm On Jul 16, 2021
Candidlady:
Overated state

They should please convert the whole Lagos to a beach

So we can go there to have a nice time...

The so called Lagos that won't let one hear word
But flood just killed hundreds in Germany! You guys........

1 Like

Re: Heavy Flooding In Marina Lagos Drowns Cars (Picture) by aryzgreat: 4:32pm On Jul 16, 2021
The annoying thing is that the flood sef Na shit water from all those Lagos Island dilapidated structures without toilet. They channel their waste water into lagoon.

If you ever trekked past Carter bridge or along Marina, the kind stomach tumbling odour emanating from the water is something else.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Heavy Flooding In Marina Lagos Drowns Cars (Picture) by Reference(m): 4:32pm On Jul 16, 2021
Hmmm..... my only concern is about the Dangote Refinery. We donot want flood water getting near the power generating plants. Cannot afford a Chernobyl on the Peninsula.

1 Like

Re: Heavy Flooding In Marina Lagos Drowns Cars (Picture) by Bluffly: 4:33pm On Jul 16, 2021
Candidlady:
Overated state

Is Germany and London overrated the floods they experienced? Answer yourself

5 Likes

Re: Heavy Flooding In Marina Lagos Drowns Cars (Picture) by rayvelez(m): 4:33pm On Jul 16, 2021
Let's go fishing.
Re: Heavy Flooding In Marina Lagos Drowns Cars (Picture) by UncommonLogic: 4:33pm On Jul 16, 2021
Candidlady:
Overated state

Pls concentrate on the erosion ravaged evil Biafuro jungle.
Thanks

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Heavy Flooding In Marina Lagos Drowns Cars (Picture) by Oluwaseun1981: 4:33pm On Jul 16, 2021
I dey Marina presently and my car is at the car park and the floor dry pass anything, abi na Marina for Aguleri una snap this picture

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Heavy Flooding In Marina Lagos Drowns Cars (Picture) by computer0810(m): 4:33pm On Jul 16, 2021
Illiterate everywhere, some ppl r just envious of lagos

1 of d causes of flooding is heavy rain fall

5 Likes

Re: Heavy Flooding In Marina Lagos Drowns Cars (Picture) by DeepSight(m): 4:34pm On Jul 16, 2021
donstan18:

Tueh!! angry

That's Marina on Lagos Island, and not Lekki - secondly, it is not unusual for a densely populated city which is the commercial nerve centre of a large country to be a filthy mess. New York is a case in point. There are many other examples.

Lagos is one of the fastest growing cities in the world in terms of population - with its circa 20 million people, and the backwardness of Nigeria as a whole, go figure - its nothing strange.

None of this - and not all the madness that it is known for - will make the true Lagosian love Lagos any less. In that very tumult and madness rests the power, the verve and the pulse of a teeming and powerful young population and and a vigorous and indomitable Nigerian spirit.

7 Likes

Re: Heavy Flooding In Marina Lagos Drowns Cars (Picture) by Thinktwicemybro: 4:34pm On Jul 16, 2021
post=103774206:

That is life for you!

Was your account hacked or what because for once, you said something close to sense. I almost scrolled past your comment as usual.
Re: Heavy Flooding In Marina Lagos Drowns Cars (Picture) by Reference(m): 4:36pm On Jul 16, 2021
flokii:
Just look at what Marina has turned to.. a place that used to be well planned and neat.

If we talk now, they'll call us bigots.. the same people flocking into Lagos in their millions like IDPs are the same ones that will bad mouth the State yet they can't stay in their own region to develop.

If you must take the IGR, you must take the responsibility too.
Cannot run a poultry without shovelling s.hit.

2 Likes

Re: Heavy Flooding In Marina Lagos Drowns Cars (Picture) by HEAVEN4444: 4:37pm On Jul 16, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

We smile this week and next with the spare part dealers cool
so what parts of a car get damaged when it gets flooded ? electricals short circuiting maybe ? . yeaah i reckon also the starter getting submerged. thats all i got for now. you got anything for me ?
Re: Heavy Flooding In Marina Lagos Drowns Cars (Picture) by easzypeaszy(m): 4:38pm On Jul 16, 2021
Howuote author=donstan18 post=103774178]Lagos is the dirtiest, overrated, frustrating, suffocating, shiitiest, over populated, filthiest, disorganized, irritating and over hyped state in the world.

Tueh!! angry

[/quote]dat Marina alone can buy ur state, and 15 other states join..Mumu

3 Likes

Re: Heavy Flooding In Marina Lagos Drowns Cars (Picture) by easzypeaszy(m): 4:38pm On Jul 16, 2021
donstan18:

Tueh!! angry

dat Marina alone can buy ur state and 15 other states join..Mugun

5 Likes

Re: Heavy Flooding In Marina Lagos Drowns Cars (Picture) by SavageResponse(m): 4:39pm On Jul 16, 2021
donstan18:

Tueh!! angry

That's not Lekki, it's Marina and there's a difference between the two!

3 Likes

Re: Heavy Flooding In Marina Lagos Drowns Cars (Picture) by HEAVEN4444: 4:40pm On Jul 16, 2021
bigtt76:
Wow! Many bankers would need to change their rides o!

1 Like

Re: Heavy Flooding In Marina Lagos Drowns Cars (Picture) by terrezo2002(m): 4:41pm On Jul 16, 2021
It doesn't get better. With all the intelligence man has.
Re: Heavy Flooding In Marina Lagos Drowns Cars (Picture) by flokii: 4:41pm On Jul 16, 2021
gidig:
Some of you live for any negative news about Lagos and you start typing how Lagos is overated. Who is begging your sorry asses to come to Lagos? Stay where you are in your well rated city.

Low self esteem people.

Honestly, I don't know why Yorubas keep quiet too much.. people will just migrate from their villages to Lagos and erect illegal structures and they'll keep quiet and be looking.

Ibadan is next to be defaced while our people keep looking. It's a pity

2 Likes

Re: Heavy Flooding In Marina Lagos Drowns Cars (Picture) by bigtt76(f): 4:42pm On Jul 16, 2021

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Heavy Flooding In Marina Lagos Drowns Cars (Picture) by TheGift: 4:42pm On Jul 16, 2021
This is why I don’t like the Island. Even though I spent the best part of my childhood and early youth in VI.

I am now a full time mainlander.
lalasticlala:
Heavy Flooding in Marina, Lagos Drowns Cars.

https://twitter.com/RealOlaudah/status/1416035041734500352

3 Likes

Re: Heavy Flooding In Marina Lagos Drowns Cars (Picture) by Dagger111(m): 4:43pm On Jul 16, 2021
Candidlady:
Overated state

?
Jealousy ti ba ti e je. Won ti do tii eta. Omo ale

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Plane That Crashed On A Busy Street In Washington (Photos) / Which State Has The Worst Capital In Nigeria? / Five Parrots Removed From Public View For Swearing At Visitors In UK (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.