Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,814 members, 7,813,682 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:12 PM

How Can I Get Over Him! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Can I Get Over Him! (1239 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Get Over Him! by rubby(f): 1:03pm On Jul 17, 2007
[color=#006600][/color]

I will like to know how to get over someone i once love or is it i still love? what can i really do pls!

I have dated this guy for about 4 years now and have been through our ups and down and then i decided to keep mute in the relationship and show that i dont care. Last May he asked me if i dont want the relationship anymore and said yes, and we though we could go our ways but still be friends.

We decided to still see but i found out that before he asked me the question he was already seeing another gal and when we talked he says he feels quilty that he sees the gal as a friend and he didnt ask her out but she assumed she is his girl just because they had sex. She sends him  like 5 text messages each day and calls him and even sends him credit so he can be able to call her."Let me mention here that the text messages just sucks, she does a copy of those ridiculous messages being sold around and when she finally get o compose her's , it is like she is begging the guy not to leave her alone, u get it?"

I am still seeing my guy but i can tell you it is somehow complicated cos we still have sex, talk about our future and my guy says i should wait till november for him to finally decide if we should still go ahead and get married cos i really hurt him when i showed him less care during my mute period and he wants to be sure if i wont change into that person again.

I love this guy so much but i am feeling he is just playing me, so i am thinking, please help me, how do i get over this guy, totally! sad
Re: How Can I Get Over Him! by SweetT1: 4:07pm On Jul 17, 2007
@Topic
It seems to me that you are the one begging ! Leave the guy alone and move on, get it inside your thick skull ' He's seeing someone else; !! Let it be. What if the girl sends him 10000000 messages a day ?? It shows how much she cares and how much of a woman she is than you ! You had your chance with but you blew it ! Leave them alone and let them enjoy themselves !!! AND FOR CHRIST SAKE, QUIT CHECKING HIS MESSAGES !!
Re: How Can I Get Over Him! by deyour(f): 4:36pm On Jul 17, 2007
omg =))=))=))

Sweet T:

@Topic
It seems to me that you are the one begging ! Leave the guy alone and move on, get it inside your thick skull ' He's seeing someone else; !! Let it be. What if the girl sends him 10000000 messages a day ?? It shows how much she cares and how much of a woman she is than you ! You had your chance with but you blew it ! Leave them alone and let them enjoy themselves !!! AND FOR CHRIST SAKE, QUIT CHECKING HIS MESSAGES !!

shocked shocked shocked
Go easy on her man!!!
Re: How Can I Get Over Him! by iice(f): 5:12pm On Jul 17, 2007
missing messages! You love him but decided to call it quits. . .why?
Re: How Can I Get Over Him! by rubby(f): 5:18pm On Jul 17, 2007
Well, I am not begging him and I guess the more reason I should get over hi, but when u are way deep with ur feelings then u will know. i called it quit cos he was messing around too much, at least he should get me the happiness of having him,(people say its ok for a guy 2 cheat) i dont think so, why would you want to hurt someone you love.

maybe i should get it to my skulls as u said and move on, thanks! but its hard and painful but time heal all,
Re: How Can I Get Over Him! by SweetT1: 7:42pm On Jul 17, 2007
@Ruby
I don't mean to be rude or anything like that. But think about this, if this guy messes around too much then what is he good for?? I was in a relationship for 10 years ! We both decided to get married after she finished school. I'm over here in the states and she got a job at the bank pending the time i complete her papers to come and join me. I went to Naija to give her support and get her ready for her visa interview when i found she was sleeping with someone else. It hurts to the bones, after 10 years ! She got her visa but i just could not trust her anymore. we broke up and i haven't spoken to her in six months. I don't need to know who she's dating or who she's sleeping with. Those things only slow down your healing process. I'm doing fine now and about to start a new relationship ! My point is that : MOVE ON AND LOOK OUT FOR OTHER GUYS. Trust me there are so many other good guys out there. always remember that " THE BEST REVENGE IS LIVING GOOD" . Find things that makes you happy and try to avoid things that reminds you of him ! Goodluck, pumpkin !
Re: How Can I Get Over Him! by 2dye4(m): 7:52pm On Jul 17, 2007
" THE BEST REVENGE IS LIVING GOOD"

i definitely agree!

dear, the best way 2 get over a guy is to get under another one! wink
Re: How Can I Get Over Him! by ThoniaSlim(f): 8:43pm On Jul 17, 2007
i guess you simply don't know what you want, and hey don't hate the girl, you pushed him into it.
but i hope you work it out, since you got yourself in the mess. i wonder whats mute period. undecided
Re: How Can I Get Over Him! by omega25red(m): 9:27pm On Jul 17, 2007
It's simple you need time to recover.
Re: How Can I Get Over Him! by denex: 10:07pm On Jul 17, 2007
I couldn't read the whole of your message, but I believe what you need to do is hang out more. And I don't mean with your regular friends. Star a new relationship, do the things you always wish you could do but didn't because you were together. Look good. I mean take extra care of yourself.

Then you have to arrange sometime to see him. Like over at Chicken Republic, have a friendly chat, they throughout, you have to look at him very thoroughly. Completely scrutinize him from head to toe and ask yourself what it is about this guy that you can't let go.

If there's something, then find a way to get back together. But if there's nothing, then I think you'd have gotten closure.

Goodluck.
Re: How Can I Get Over Him! by denex: 10:07pm On Jul 17, 2007
@rubby

I couldn't read the whole of your message, but I believe what you need to do is hang out more. And I don't mean with your regular friends. Star a new relationship, do the things you always wish you could do but didn't because you were together. Look good. I mean take extra care of yourself.

Then you have to arrange sometime to see him. Like over at Chicken Republic, have a friendly chat, they throughout, you have to look at him very thoroughly. Completely scrutinize him from head to toe and ask yourself what it is about this guy that you can't let go.

If there's something, then find a way to get back together. But if there's nothing, then I think you'd have gotten closure.

Goodluck.
Re: How Can I Get Over Him! by Rlst84sale(m): 11:43pm On Jul 17, 2007
Ruby

I really sympatize with u in your heartache. As unsoothing as it may sound I think something like this sometimes serves some women right. It boils down to a question we guys ask when we talk or hang out "why do u ladies always mess up when we show u that we care?. I hope u have learned your lesson and if u recover from this u will not mess up again. Ladies stop listening to your friends on how to relate to us, talk to us if you need confirmation on issues, stop using all those treacherous techniques on us.

You better start praying very well if that's the relationship you want. Who says the guy is right for u if he is messing around on you in the first place?. Just deal with the loss and watch out in your next relationship, there a lotta kind and dedicated guys out there. Good luck
Re: How Can I Get Over Him! by k0be: 11:54pm On Jul 17, 2007

something like this sometimes serves some women right.
"why do u ladies always mess up when we show u that we care?.
Ladies stop listening to your friends on how to relate to us, talk to us if you need confirmation on issues, stop all those treacherous techniques on us.
Re: How Can I Get Over Him! by cuteass1(f): 6:40pm On Jul 18, 2007
Dearie, the only thing i find difficult here, is that its not always that easy to get over someone you love but look at it with my own eyes . .

(my points rest on the certainty, accuracy and truthfulness of your story, which i hope it is)

Yea, it might seem like u pushed him into another lady's arms, but what for?? He was messing around, you said it yourself . . now how long did it take someone who supposedly is supposed to love you hands down to change you like you were some sort of engine oil?? before you could say N-A-I-R-A-L . .right?? you said it yourself!!

Now you knowingly mentioned in your second post that no girl is worth the second best or second hand treatment, right?? that was your right mind talking, but then you dissappointed me and fell right back into the same trap cry cry

You made yourself available for him to use, abuse and toil . . i don't mean to be rude, but you're too precious for him to treat you that way, and you sit back and accept it. Can't you see what he's doing?? making up excuses to satisfyingly get in between four legs, thats sad!! And you my girlfriend are not seeing it coming sad

And who knows?? maybe he does love this other girl, afterall what you know and hear from him is what she sends, does and say . . has he ever told you what he tells her?? Of course not!! But a guy's thing - - he wants to make you pay angry How do you know he doesnt go sharing her bed after he's shared yours??

The worst part of it is that after realsing what waste trash he is, you still served him your dignity and pride on a platter of gold in broad day light - - how, you ask?? Why on earth will you be having sex with such a guy that u yourself have found wanting?? wouldnt it have been better to not break up than break up with him and go back to lick up your vomit??

Now sit and ask yourself if this guy really deserves you, if he really is what you want or your hormones talking, if you really would not mind to settle for second good treatment . . dearie, i wouldn't and neither should you. Its time to raise your head above your shoulders, see it for what it is and move on, the sooner the better - - good luck darling cheesy cheesy
Re: How Can I Get Over Him! by niceuzor: 7:32pm On Jul 18, 2007
Here she come again another TextBook shocked
Re: How Can I Get Over Him! by cuteass1(f): 7:33pm On Jul 18, 2007
niceuzor:

Here she come again another TextBook shocked

You wan buy?? tongue
Re: How Can I Get Over Him! by niceuzor: 7:35pm On Jul 18, 2007
Hahaha But Cute-Ass oh ?

i be no talk to you b4 oh cheesy
Re: How Can I Get Over Him! by cuteass1(f): 7:36pm On Jul 18, 2007
niceuzor:

Hahaha But Cute-Ass oh ?

i be no talk to you before oh cheesy

Ehhee, ok now, make i waka pass wink
Re: How Can I Get Over Him! by niceuzor: 7:46pm On Jul 18, 2007
Ok ok Come na See i for like make we yarn small cool

make we 4get abt the pass u know say u bi

my igbo sister?abi na lie smiley
Re: How Can I Get Over Him! by kanmosyl(m): 8:13pm On Jul 18, 2007
Hi Cute-ass,

How are u? hope u are gud?
if u are still there reply me.
Re: How Can I Get Over Him! by Mandora(f): 9:19am On Jul 19, 2007
I dont understand how u want 2 b in a situation with a guy who is sleeeping with u n some else. Aside of d fact dat it is not healthy its not good 4 ur self respect. Seems 2 me dat dis guy is ready 2 get on wit his life without u. May b u shld take a cue. As 4 my advice as 2 how 2 get over him, first start by deleting his phone no 4rm urs pls dont listen 2 any love songs because dey'll make u cry and take away any visuals pictures, gifts. Dont destroy dem, just keep dem out of sight. And dont accept 2 go any where wit him it wld only give u false hope. And 4 goodness sake stay awy 4rm having sex wit him dat is d no 1 binding factor
Re: How Can I Get Over Him! by niceuzor: 10:03am On Jul 19, 2007
nice words from you? Sound like an Adviser? i mean Love cool
Re: How Can I Get Over Him! by olanajim(m): 1:04pm On Jul 19, 2007
After four years of infidelity, he still want to buy more time. He sleeps around with girls and never pretend about it, then he asked you to wait.
The funny part, you continues to have sex with him! How would you be sure of what he actually think of you while sleeping with other girls? MUGU! You are either benefiting something from him or you are hoping he'll change someday.

Stop having sex with him. You are not just at risk of further abused, you risks HIV/AIDS! You don't even know if he is protecting himself well.

It hurts but make a firm decision to forget him. Flow with friends. They would help. Get busy on something productive. You can do it.
Re: How Can I Get Over Him! by rubby(f): 3:48pm On Jul 19, 2007
Hmmm, thank u all for ur reply and i am going to do everybit of what you said.though i told him he is selfish, he does not agree and he is blaming me that i pushed him when infact he started it all by messing around.

i thank you all and i have decided to flow with friends, do what i need to do and be myself again. I have decided to do just that, no more crying ooo!he does not worth it!
Re: How Can I Get Over Him! by rubby(f): 4:09pm On Jul 19, 2007
come to think of it, i really appreciate what guys said, i guess you guess has really been through it to feel me smiley
Re: How Can I Get Over Him! by Macgreat(m): 4:36pm On Jul 19, 2007
Get out!
Re: How Can I Get Over Him! by jummaiha(f): 4:53pm On Jul 19, 2007
try to get more busy wit some othertins, u will surely find ur own man, do not beg for love.
Re: How Can I Get Over Him! by sagacious(f): 4:56pm On Jul 19, 2007
You've not open up what make your boyfriend treating you like that , maybe you have betray his trust sometimes ago and you guys are now forcing yourself to make it work as it was in the beginning.Anyway! we have a lesson to learn in this life , there is nothing new.
  Dear, if he  can't treat you right,love you back and see your worth  you better embrace embarassed embarassed embarassed the spirit of Goodbye , because his own part in your stories is over.To path is not to die there is always an end for everything in life .I care but God loves you
Re: How Can I Get Over Him! by 4real(m): 7:09pm On Sep 12, 2007
All this is funny and it had to take me this long to find this men, well sha like someone said there must have been something she did to push the guy away did she tell you that she was sending mails to the guys female friends when he confronted her she stopped loving him and said he was cheating on her, well before the said guy made up his mind it was fed but in DEC this is the same girl who had stopped loving and caring for this guy for 2 1/2 years and he still stayed begging and hoping she would change, in DEC she told him she is seeing someone else but he still begged cause he loves her, but when she came to spend the weekend in his house a guy sent a text message on love which she did not let the guy see and also told the guy that if he tried to found out by calling the other guy she would break up with him what made the guy make up his mind was she never called him from that DEC to fed when the guy called to say he was no longer intrested and he was seeing some other girl, she felt it was like b/4 when the guy would come back begging but he did not she then came back and started to call and send text messages and spend weekends with him and having sex, the thing is the guy loves her alot and is ready to die for her but he needs to know that she would not do to him again what she did b/4 because this other girl loves him and treats him the way a woman should treat a guy, i don't think if you love something you would joke with it.
Re: How Can I Get Over Him! by saucekid(m): 7:55pm On Sep 12, 2007
how can you get over someone you love??uhm, undecided

1. write your will an make me a beneficiary
2. drive up to 3rd mainland bridge
3. tie a big heavy rock around your leg
4. jump inside the lagoon

easy,fast and reliable

just kidding grin grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Our Ladies Are Becoming Somehting Else / If Condom Was To Be Banned And Hiv Is Real What Will You Do? / Guys Let Her Catch U

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.