Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,940 members, 7,817,750 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:34 PM

Anambra Vs Ikwere: Two Igbo Groups That Could Have Been In Competition - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra Vs Ikwere: Two Igbo Groups That Could Have Been In Competition (5526 Views)

Egbesu Militants Warn Igbo Groups To Stop Attacking Dokubo-asari / 2023: Tinubu, Osinbajo Dancing In Competition They Won't Take Part In - Kperogi / Igbo Groups In Oyingbo Market In Mainland Local Government Lagos Joined Apc From (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra Vs Ikwere: Two Igbo Groups That Could Have Been In Competition by MICHEALADEX(m): 8:49am On Jul 17, 2021
horsepower102:
OP take a chill pill

Ikwerre are not Igbo and will never be.

The rest of Igbos have finally accepted that and moved on.

Time for you to do so.

Very funny, 90 out off every 100 Anambra millionaire is a okwaego ritual money. Some even use their wife womb then Mary another one as baby factory but ikwere people are Wawa like enugu people too

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Vs Ikwere: Two Igbo Groups That Could Have Been In Competition by Ojiofor: 8:53am On Jul 17, 2021
I can't understand why people like this Op are obsessed with Ikwerre people.
What is special about them?I know this op is an IPOB sympathiser.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Vs Ikwere: Two Igbo Groups That Could Have Been In Competition by chrisxxx(m): 9:04am On Jul 17, 2021
selemempe:
shut up ogbeni. Ikwere didn't leave Igbo until Rivers state was created in 1967.
Ikwere was Igbo from the creation of the eastern region in 1939 until 1967

Check the number 9 appointment on this document
How do you determine your relatives?
By politics or by blood?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anambra Vs Ikwere: Two Igbo Groups That Could Have Been In Competition by Nobody: 9:09am On Jul 17, 2021
The igbos on nairaland always make ikwerre ppl feel important foolishness is....imbibed in you op idiot

5 Likes

Re: Anambra Vs Ikwere: Two Igbo Groups That Could Have Been In Competition by Nobody: 9:11am On Jul 17, 2021
Ojiofor:
aswear i wonder what’s special about ikwerre people... ikwerre people can’t even stand shoulder to shoulder with anioma ppl when it comes to achievement

9 Likes

Re: Anambra Vs Ikwere: Two Igbo Groups That Could Have Been In Competition by Ojiofor: 9:16am On Jul 17, 2021
GBOKASINCHA:
aswear i wonder what’s special about ikwerre people... ikwerre people can’t even stand shoulder to shoulder with anioma ppl when it comes to achievement

Exactly.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Vs Ikwere: Two Igbo Groups That Could Have Been In Competition by thinksquad(m): 9:59am On Jul 17, 2021
inderhappy:
Any sensible igbo won't associate him self with ikwere in the first.... that's why they don't want to teach you people history anymore
you tell the complete truth .
Re: Anambra Vs Ikwere: Two Igbo Groups That Could Have Been In Competition by Spacoucheubani: 10:26am On Jul 17, 2021
We already have Nkwerre in Igbo land so the ikwerre can go to hell for all I care. They have notin to offer us (Ndigbo). A time will come when they’re going to need us and then we shall deny them just like they have denied been part us today. Ikwerre is ikwerre. Ndigbo we moovveee. Igbo4life

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Vs Ikwere: Two Igbo Groups That Could Have Been In Competition by Daniel058(m): 11:07am On Jul 17, 2021
owobokiri:

Ikwerres are igbos and like Cremea, would be brought back to fold at the appropriate time!
You can now go and argeu with Rotimi Amaechi...
I think Ikwere people say that they are not Igbo...Hapunu ha nah cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Anambra Vs Ikwere: Two Igbo Groups That Could Have Been In Competition by OperationcowLeg: 11:45am On Jul 17, 2021
selemempe:
I just saw this picture of Wike and Obi Cubana and it got me thinking again of what could have been if Ikwere didn't start denying their Igbo identity.

I'm from Enugu but we all in igboland know and appreciate how successful Anambra business men and women are.
People like
Arthur Eze, Innosson, Ibeto, and younger monies like Obi Cubana, Emoney, Jowizaza etc remind us all how far Anambra has come since 1970 when they got 20 pounds like the rest of Igbos.

Also,
With oil money which Rivers state commands and with political power in Rivers state firmly in the hands of the Igbo subgroups, the Ikwere could have been in competition of wealth with the Anambra and imo state elite.
Igbo society weddings and burials could have been taking place every weekend in port Harcourt if they were integrated with the rest of Igbo nation
The swag of being Igbo would have placed Ikwere and the Igbos of Rivers state in the national limelight like it does for the Anambra group.

Port Harcourt could have been the Lagos of Igbos because of the port and oil....and Lagos would not have the high number of Igbos it has today.

What Igbos lost in 1970 still gives me pains. Ikwere officially left the Igbo ethnic nationality in 1979 and took with them some other Igbo groups carved into Rivers. They all are now playing creek, isolated politics and living that creek, isolated culture and only identify as Igbos when it suits them individually.
I do understand ur points and they may b valid.That said, for a group to not want to have much to do with a larger group with suppose similar culture shld be enough for the larger Igbo nation to have a thorough introspection about their dealings with the smaller groups.
For example, Mazi Kanu continues to talk about Biafra that would include these smaller groups .were they consulted? When u do that ppl will feel uneasy because it's a blatant disrespect.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra Vs Ikwere: Two Igbo Groups That Could Have Been In Competition by Nobody: 12:00pm On Jul 17, 2021
owobokiri:

Ikwerres are igbos and like Cremea, would be brought back to fold at the appropriate time!
Crimea was once ruled by the Russian kings. There was no time ikwere were part of any igbo union state before the arrival of the British.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra Vs Ikwere: Two Igbo Groups That Could Have Been In Competition by RobbStark(m): 12:01pm On Jul 17, 2021
selemempe:
shut up ogbeni. Ikwere didn't leave Igbo until Rivers state was created in 1967.
Ikwere was Igbo from the creation of the eastern region in 1939 until 1967

Check the number 9 appointment on this document

I also saw No. 12-----Ijaw...Opobo.
And tomorrow one deluded fool will tell me Opobo n bonny are ibos.

I am saving this for future arguement

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anambra Vs Ikwere: Two Igbo Groups That Could Have Been In Competition by vasel15: 12:16pm On Jul 17, 2021
owobokiri:

No I disagree they have been banished for life and i can't live with ikwerres in the same country even if they ask for forgiveness

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Vs Ikwere: Two Igbo Groups That Could Have Been In Competition by vasel15: 12:16pm On Jul 17, 2021
Ojiofor:

Just shut up and get lost. This na igbo matter not fulani

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Vs Ikwere: Two Igbo Groups That Could Have Been In Competition by SlayerForever: 12:18pm On Jul 17, 2021
RobbStark:

So Delta or Ondo is Ijaw because there are Ijaws there cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Anambra Vs Ikwere: Two Igbo Groups That Could Have Been In Competition by BKayy: 12:23pm On Jul 17, 2021
RobbStark:

Nobody doubts that there are Ijaw remnants from the British entourage after the British left.
The British left but some of the Ijaw security guards they brought with them form Sierra Leone and Ghana stayed back at the ports and are now claiming ownership of it. Something we will address soon, either diplomatically or by FORCE

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Vs Ikwere: Two Igbo Groups That Could Have Been In Competition by Ojiofor: 1:22pm On Jul 17, 2021
vasel15:

Just shut up and get lost. This ns igbo matter not fulani

Look at this pained DEFEATED ugm bandit grin.
You never see anything yet loser.
Re: Anambra Vs Ikwere: Two Igbo Groups That Could Have Been In Competition by BKayy: 1:23pm On Jul 17, 2021
Ojiofor:

Look at this pained DEFEATED ugm bandit grin.
You never see anything yet loser.
I never see una brake light for Igboland since then. Your bandits.
Make una leave innocent Yorubas in Igangan and come back na, make we discuss in our mutual language

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Vs Ikwere: Two Igbo Groups That Could Have Been In Competition by nengibo: 1:35pm On Jul 17, 2021
RobbStark:

Has it ever be under argument, it was Ibani Ijaw men that spearheaded the creation of Rivers State like lt Harold Dappa Biriye
Re: Anambra Vs Ikwere: Two Igbo Groups That Could Have Been In Competition by Ojiofor: 1:37pm On Jul 17, 2021
BKayy:

I never see una brake light for Igboland since then. Your bandits.
Make una leave innocent Yorubas in Igangan and come back na, make we discuss in our mutual language

Ntoor

Ndi Oji onu alu agha grin
It took less than just one week to defeat their insurrection and their FENDI wearing master captured in far away Kenya.
Case closed!

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Vs Ikwere: Two Igbo Groups That Could Have Been In Competition by nengibo: 1:37pm On Jul 17, 2021
Because of burial, make Rivers state turn Igbo, wetin una dey smoke sef

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Vs Ikwere: Two Igbo Groups That Could Have Been In Competition by RobbStark(m): 1:45pm On Jul 17, 2021
BKayy:

Nobody doubts that there are Ijaw remnants from the British entourage after the British left.
The British left but some of the Ijaw security guards they brought with them form Sierra Leone and Ghana stayed back at the ports and are now claiming ownership of it. Something we will address soon, either diplomatically or by FORCE

You have nothing to address here.
You can't force a people to be who they are not.
I believe that won't happen in your lifetime

4 Likes

Re: Anambra Vs Ikwere: Two Igbo Groups That Could Have Been In Competition by RobbStark(m): 1:46pm On Jul 17, 2021
nengibo:
Because of burial, make Rivers state turn Igbo, wetin una dey smoke sef

Them dey smoke cow dunk.

Yeye dey smell.
I don't know what's with them and Rivers people

3 Likes

Re: Anambra Vs Ikwere: Two Igbo Groups That Could Have Been In Competition by RobbStark(m): 1:48pm On Jul 17, 2021
SlayerForever:

So Delta or Ondo is Ijaw because there are Ijaws there cheesy

Olodo, has it been anywhere the Ijaws of Ondo or Delta states claim that those states are Ijaw states?

Talk another thing abeg
Re: Anambra Vs Ikwere: Two Igbo Groups That Could Have Been In Competition by Nobody: 1:55pm On Jul 17, 2021
Comparing a STATE with a community

OP you dumb shaa

5 Likes

Re: Anambra Vs Ikwere: Two Igbo Groups That Could Have Been In Competition by SlayerForever: 2:17pm On Jul 17, 2021
RobbStark:

Olodo, has it been anywhere the Ijaws of Ondo or Delta states claim that those states are Ijaw states?

Talk another thing abeg

The same logic applies in Opobo.
Re: Anambra Vs Ikwere: Two Igbo Groups That Could Have Been In Competition by nengibo: 2:23pm On Jul 17, 2021
RobbStark:

Them dey smoke cow dunk.

Yeye dey smell.
I don't know what's with them and Rivers people

Before Rivers people were mba miri, but now because of access to sea, they love ocean pass Ijaw man

3 Likes

Re: Anambra Vs Ikwere: Two Igbo Groups That Could Have Been In Competition by nengibo: 2:30pm On Jul 17, 2021
SlayerForever:

The same logic applies in Opobo.
The logic no apply to Arochukwu that worship Abasi and speak Ibibio as second language or Anambra state that has native Igala

1 Like

Re: Anambra Vs Ikwere: Two Igbo Groups That Could Have Been In Competition by SlayerForever: 2:33pm On Jul 17, 2021
nengibo:

The logic no apply to Arochukwu that worship Abasi and speak Ibibio as second language or Anambra state that has native Igala

Nobody denies Igala is present there. Or that some of those around Abia have Efik influence. But equating such influences to ownership is mischief. Such applies to Opobo.
Re: Anambra Vs Ikwere: Two Igbo Groups That Could Have Been In Competition by BKayy: 2:45pm On Jul 17, 2021
Ojiofor:

Ntoor

Ndi Oji onu alu agha grin
It took less than just one week to defeat their insurrection and their FENDI wearing master captured in far away Kenya.
Case closed!
I can see that you are delusional. It started in January and till date only Ikonso was killed by your terrorists but we still have the higher score

5 Likes

Re: Anambra Vs Ikwere: Two Igbo Groups That Could Have Been In Competition by nengibo: 2:46pm On Jul 17, 2021
SlayerForever:

Nobody denies Igala is present there. Or that some of those around Abia have Efik influence. But equating such influences to ownership is mischief. Such applies to Opobo.
Opobo and by extension its origin Bonny is and would always be Ijaw, any revisionist or irredentist should get it through their head and save themselves heartbreak or claims of betrayal part 2

1 Like

Re: Anambra Vs Ikwere: Two Igbo Groups That Could Have Been In Competition by BKayy: 2:47pm On Jul 17, 2021
RobbStark:

You have nothing to address here.
You can't force a people to be who they are not.
I believe that won't happen in your lifetime
Nobody is talking about Nairaland rant. Just know that like the way you see it, we are leaving nothing behind and we don't need convictions to do so

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Tinubu Was In Ikeja Today And It Was Like Nobody Cares / American Marines To Help Fight MEND? / Our President Has Gone Mad Again!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.