Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,799 members, 7,810,078 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:12 PM

MY Experience With Very Stingy Parents.... Share Yours... - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / MY Experience With Very Stingy Parents.... Share Yours... (41501 Views)

My Stingy Elder Brother / Lockdown With Parents: Share Your Experience / Have Your Neigbour Ever Reported You To Your Parents?? Share Your Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MY Experience With Very Stingy Parents.... Share Yours... by Poleski: 10:09pm On Jul 17, 2021
TOTOnigga:
Hello guys.... I don't just know.. Is it just me or is there anything I don't understand......my parents are rich people especially my dad, I know that for sure... someone paying #950,000 naira per year as school fees for me aside other expenses, plus multiple houses and lands I can't even keep count of....

How come they are this stingy? There is no time I would ask them for money for my own personal well being or any of my personal needs that they would like to assist me. I once ask mum for #12,000 naira just to buy a fairly used android phone (when I know they can even afford me an iPhone x) but she told me I should wait till months end before she gives me saying there is no money on ground... it's five months now and still nothing (not waiting for it though)...

Then I ask my dad, he told me I don't need an android phone... telling me that phone makes people unserious and other types of bulls*it( a 19 year old student for that matter)

Any expenses that is not book or academic related is not important...my parents would rather buy clothes for me than give me money to buy clothes... sometimes I end up not wearing some of them..

The funniest part is that, anytime I take any urgent lie(Asin scam) about any payment in school...they wouldn't Waits a second to send it to me... This has got me telling all sorts of lies just to get what I know can be gotten honestly.. It has even gotten to the point that any money that enters my hand now, I use it to play sports betting to see if I can get enough money for what I need, but I end up loosing the money...I am just frustrated.. someone time I wish I didn't even have rich parents cos what's the point...

You're a fcking brat and an ingrate! You supposed to be happy to have parents who spend ₦950,000 per year (excluding other expenses) to make sure you have good education!

You're calling them "stingy" simply because of android phone. They know you're mentally not matured enough to take care of yourself, I guess that's why they're doing what they do to protect you!

They don't want you to be useless. Even with their protection, you're doing everything to be useless. You bet whatever money you got by lying to them and that's a huge sign that you're prone to being useless!

Get some sense young man!!

1 Like

Re: MY Experience With Very Stingy Parents.... Share Yours... by Federalcase(m): 10:20pm On Jul 17, 2021
cheesy please pardon my grammar, am a very young guy.

Yankee101:
See wisdom

You be old man sha

1 Like

Re: MY Experience With Very Stingy Parents.... Share Yours... by TOTOnigga: 10:27pm On Jul 17, 2021
Oyindidi:
Your username says a lot about you.
exactly...I like 4uck die... grin
Re: MY Experience With Very Stingy Parents.... Share Yours... by The5DME(m): 10:33pm On Jul 17, 2021
Fake story......... A mod is behind all these fake stories.

2 Likes

Re: MY Experience With Very Stingy Parents.... Share Yours... by Mewhizzp(m): 10:37pm On Jul 17, 2021
The5DME:
Fake story......... A mod is behind all these fake stories.

Am telling you Just check his profile.

(1)He was Looking for cheap accommodation because he got Admission in Lasu, which I doubt if Lasu school fees is up to 900k.

(2)Somebody Withdrew 200k from his Account
How did he manage to have that amount in his account.

(3) Asking for opinions on which phone to Buy between Samsung A10 plus and some other phone,

His story doesn't add up at all

1 Like

Re: MY Experience With Very Stingy Parents.... Share Yours... by The5DME(m): 10:50pm On Jul 17, 2021
Mewhizzp:

Am telling you Just check his profile.

(1)He was Looking for cheap accommodation because he got Admission in Lasu, which I doubt if Lasu school fees is up to 900k.

(2)Somebody Withdrew 200k from his Account
How did he manage to have that amount in his account.

(3) Asking for opinions on which phone to Buy between Samsung A10 plus and some other phone,

His story doesn't add up at all
Most of the stories on frontpage are fake. 90% of them. Just for traffic.

1 Like

Re: MY Experience With Very Stingy Parents.... Share Yours... by Clinghton: 11:10pm On Jul 17, 2021
This means you should be hardworking and not dependant
Re: MY Experience With Very Stingy Parents.... Share Yours... by Boobysmith: 11:26pm On Jul 17, 2021
It seems like your parents only want you to pay attention to school and studies now, without any distraction as boring at it may seems they will come through for you at the right time.
Re: MY Experience With Very Stingy Parents.... Share Yours... by Ekwuemechidubem: 11:43pm On Jul 17, 2021
Some have food but cannot eat
Re: MY Experience With Very Stingy Parents.... Share Yours... by kingsarch2000: 12:26am On Jul 18, 2021
TOTOnigga:
Hello guys.... I don't just know.. Is it just me or is there anything I don't understand......my parents are rich people especially my dad, I know that for sure... someone paying #950,000 naira per year as school fees for me aside other expenses, plus multiple houses and lands I can't even keep count of....

How come they are this stingy? There is no time I would ask them for money for my own personal well being or any of my personal needs that they would like to assist me. I once ask mum for #12,000 naira just to buy a fairly used android phone (when I know they can even afford me an iPhone x) but she told me I should wait till months end before she gives me saying there is no money on ground... it's five months now and still nothing (not waiting for it though)...

Then I ask my dad, he told me I don't need an android phone... telling me that phone makes people unserious and other types of bulls*it( a 19 year old student for that matter)

Any expenses that is not book or academic related is not important...my parents would rather buy clothes for me than give me money to buy clothes... sometimes I end up not wearing some of them..

The funniest part is that, anytime I take any urgent lie(Asin scam) about any payment in school...they wouldn't Waits a second to send it to me... This has got me telling all sorts of lies just to get what I know can be gotten honestly.. It has even gotten to the point that any money that enters my hand now, I use it to play sports betting to see if I can get enough money for what I need, but I end up loosing the money...I am just frustrated.. someone time I wish I didn't even have rich parents cos what's the point...
Good training. You will thank them later.
Re: MY Experience With Very Stingy Parents.... Share Yours... by Originalsly: 12:34am On Jul 18, 2021
Bro... your father is paying your school fees .... almost a million ... if he were stingy you'd be receiving public education. You are lucky to have rich parents. My advice is for you to change your mindset ... look at the situation from other angles instead of the one angle ... my dad is rich... he can afford to meet my small demand request. As is now... see your father as a safety net ... you can take the first steps to be financially independent while studying...if you fall he will be there to catch you and put you back on track. Most people don't have that safety net ... nor financial support. Start thinking of making your own money and not depending on his for your small needs or wants. I heard of ... and have personally seen rich White people have their children earn a living by doing part time jobs. Are they too stingy? No... they are teaching their kids to earn a living. Your parents are providing you with great infrastructure ..... use it for self development.
Re: MY Experience With Very Stingy Parents.... Share Yours... by emecheboy2(m): 12:41am On Jul 18, 2021
They want you to work for money when it's for your personal use. Simple
Re: MY Experience With Very Stingy Parents.... Share Yours... by Elporo(m): 1:16am On Jul 18, 2021
Hezzyluv:
My parents where not stingy, they where just poor. however, my dad manage to pay my WAEC fee after the SSCE, I go do mistake further my school instead of learning hand work embarassed

Modified,

@opp,

please and please, try as much as possible to quit betting.

E get why.

Part of the why is this
If you make gambling a habit, you will start selling you parents properties one after the other, untill u sell everything u could possibly inherit from them. And that's when your eyes will clear.

Baba listen to this guy. Stage go reach sey them no fit withhold cash from you. Just lay low... scam them collect money go chill... abeg don't use it to gamble.

Patronizing prostitutes, or alcohol are far easy to come out of... gambling will wreck you no matter how much they start giving you.

If handout na 5k write 10k everybody do am.. no go commit crime wey go make people doubt your responsibility...

1 Like

Re: MY Experience With Very Stingy Parents.... Share Yours... by MansoryMX(m): 1:50am On Jul 18, 2021
TOTOnigga:

Just negodu this 19 years old brat. You foolish and ungrateful child! Please repeat what you just said about your parent being stingy?

[img]https:///media/5-26-2021/z0t41w.gif[/img]
Re: MY Experience With Very Stingy Parents.... Share Yours... by Druss(m): 8:01am On Jul 18, 2021
TOTOnigga:

The reason your parents are rich is that they know money and how to handle it. I had an eye opening moment when I (as a teenager) went to a bookstore with my dad and I bought two things - a FC.UK jacket and a book. The jacket - well I don't even know what I did with it. I had a few parties with it but don't know where it is now.

The book was Rich Dad Poor Dad. That book proved invaluable in changing my mindset on money especially the understanding of assets and liabilities. My kids have read that book and 'The rich man in Babylon'. From then I read 'The Millionaire Next Door'. You need to learn about money and how to handle it. You need to learn about the importance of making money work while you sleep.

Then you will understand your parents. At the moment, you are 'naive'. I don't think any smart person will leave high amounts of liquid cash where it is not doing any work.

By the way stop the lying and betting. It will come out in future. Trust is a key commodity between parents and children especially father and son. As you get older and more mature, your father will need you to step up. If he can't trust you, forget it. He would rather donate it to charity. I would do similar in his shoes.
Re: MY Experience With Very Stingy Parents.... Share Yours... by Lovelyn451(f): 8:20am On Jul 18, 2021
Labadi69:

Look at you. Obviously a lazy youth. If your parents have spent good money to send you to school, you should be ashamed of yourself for depending on them for money at the age of 19. Lazyyouths all over the place angry
its easier for someone from poor home than for the one from a rich home to get to the top, being poor is enough motivation to push u higher, it'll be tougher for him when he get to uni cos they'll hardly give him enough for upkeep
Re: MY Experience With Very Stingy Parents.... Share Yours... by Tzar(m): 8:42am On Jul 18, 2021
Dear entitled but LAZY youth,
You have great parents. Do they feed, clothe , accomodate & educate you? YES! That is where their obligation stops! Get off your lazy ass & get a legitimate job, acquire the stupid luxury you think they should lavish on you & earn their respect.
Your parent don’t want you to become what you are now… stupid, lazy & entitled. That is why you ain’t getting anything from them. If you are not careful, they may even deny you those possessions you are already counting and eyeing when they die.
Prove to them that you can grow their wealth & watch them spoil you silly! They pay sch fees of almost a million naira already and you are complaining you INGRATE! Do you know how many youths out there will sell their souls to get parents like yours? You sound like someone that may squander his inheritance if given the chance.

TOTOnigga:

Re: MY Experience With Very Stingy Parents.... Share Yours... by cescky(m): 9:06am On Jul 18, 2021
TOTOnigga:

Their only trying to train you...

Their living you a large inheritance... But they don't want you to see and believe life is easy.. So you don't squander money they worked hard for.. So they want you to taste a little harshness.. So you'll grow up balanced.

They mean you well.. You'd see it later in future
Re: MY Experience With Very Stingy Parents.... Share Yours... by Druss(m): 9:23am On Jul 18, 2021
In addition to my previous post, by the way 950k per year sounds a lot but isn't a sign of wealthy home. There are schools which cost 3 to 6m per year.

Do not go and overburden yourself and your parents with the view that y'all are rich. You need to be thinking about being the 'Solomon' to your Dad's 'David' without the multiple concubines and distraction of course.

Also at a young age my mentality was that 'My parents assets are theirs. I have to get mine'. That has been useful to me. 19 is the last year of been a teenager. You have to step up to start seeing how you can be more valuable to your family. Think multi generational, think dynasty. What skills are you getting to take the family to the next level after your dad?
Re: MY Experience With Very Stingy Parents.... Share Yours... by zedegit: 9:52am On Jul 18, 2021
TOTOnigga:

You are very ungrateful. If your parents were using their money to play sports betting would you have enough food to eat and talk thrash?

Even if they empty their accounts for you, you will still lose it within 6 months to bet9ja.

You are a disgrace to them. Get serious with your life and if you miss this golden opportunity to get educated which I doubt you are getting with this warped mindset of yours despite the millions poured down the drain.
Re: MY Experience With Very Stingy Parents.... Share Yours... by Juicy001: 10:59am On Jul 18, 2021
You are still young, young man grin
I strongly suggest you remain focused on your studies, distractions (like this bet9ja) will only bring out the bad sides (just as you're now a pro in telling lies) in you and once your parents start doubting you, you wont like it either,
Re: MY Experience With Very Stingy Parents.... Share Yours... by SaintUlot: 1:13pm On Jul 18, 2021
Kondomatic:
How can you say that someone who is paying almost a million naira as school fee for you annually is stingy?

He doesn't know the meaning of stinginess. What of those that doesn't have 1/10th of the opportunity he has, wetin make dem do.
Re: MY Experience With Very Stingy Parents.... Share Yours... by Thazard(m): 2:51pm On Jul 18, 2021
Dogasas:
Hahaha you make me remember my father when I was younger.

The man get money but if you ask am na war. Even if he gives you ehn he go first rubbish you till you begin to think na because of 5k i dey collect this kind insult.

Meanwhile if the man go party the next day he will go and spoil everybody with drinks and all sorts of orisirisi and even give some people money for transport.

In a nut shell, he no care about him children welfare but will rather use the money to be impressing outsiders.

I can never forget around 2013 I was in school then. I asked this man for 20k he just dey squeeze face. Next Saturday he don buy Toyota matrix wey he no even need. Meanwhile he get like 3 motor for house e no fit even reason give him pikin one make e dey manage. Chai na why I like hausa people Sha. They love their children alot.
grin
Re: MY Experience With Very Stingy Parents.... Share Yours... by Nwa4Jesus(f): 2:56pm On Jul 18, 2021
Honestly I think your the cause of your problem here. Try to be a man. Your parents are rich because they handle it well so that they can take care of you especially your education. Hustle and support your self not using the little cash you got from your parents through lies to gambling.... Your digging your grave...
Re: MY Experience With Very Stingy Parents.... Share Yours... by HoneySwag(f): 4:09pm On Jul 18, 2021
TOTOnigga:

Seems your parents and my mom must be related, because you just gave a clear description of my mom.. but my dad is generous �
Well you'll just have to continue to lie to get money from them, that's how I did till I graduated.
Re: MY Experience With Very Stingy Parents.... Share Yours... by Oyindidi(f): 9:05pm On Jul 18, 2021
TOTOnigga:
exactly...I like 4uck die... grin
And you want your parents to be giving you money go about fking? You're not ok

1 Like

Re: MY Experience With Very Stingy Parents.... Share Yours... by KingMack(m): 7:58am On Jul 19, 2021
TOTOnigga:
I dey my man grin

You dey Port?
Re: MY Experience With Very Stingy Parents.... Share Yours... by TOTOnigga: 7:59am On Jul 19, 2021
KingMack:

You dey Port?
yes oh my man any thing??
Re: MY Experience With Very Stingy Parents.... Share Yours... by KingMack(m): 8:18am On Jul 19, 2021
TOTOnigga:
yes oh my man any thing??

I jus enter town sha..we go hook up Na?
Re: MY Experience With Very Stingy Parents.... Share Yours... by TOTOnigga: 8:33am On Jul 19, 2021
KingMack:

I jus enter town sha..we go hook up Na?
undecided
Na waah ohh...you just meet person online wey u Neva see before you no know am b4, you wan hook up just like dat undecided ..na waah ohh no vex I no dey pH.. I live in Lagos..
Re: MY Experience With Very Stingy Parents.... Share Yours... by lusid: 2:59pm On Jul 24, 2021
Oyindidi:
Your username says a lot about you.
Hi, remember me

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

What Would You Do If Your Mother Did This To You(pics) / Family Meeting Cos Of Wife Advise Needed Pls / Most Nigerian Parents And Their Poor Child Spacing! A Must Read!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.