Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,225 members, 7,822,152 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:25 AM

Obasanjo Commissions Ikot Oku Ikono Flyover In Uyo - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Commissions Ikot Oku Ikono Flyover In Uyo (35042 Views)

Obasanjo Commissions 24Km Eket-Etinan Road In Akwa Ibom / Obasanjo Commissions Seriake Dickson Foundation Office In Bayelsa (Photos) / Obasanjo Commissions Dantinajo Hotels And Resort Oleh In Delta (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo Commissions Ikot Oku Ikono Flyover In Uyo by Malcolm123: 3:33pm On Jul 17, 2021
FarahAideed:
Udom has performed above all elected officials

except ganduje and el rufai
Re: Obasanjo Commissions Ikot Oku Ikono Flyover In Uyo by nograv: 3:57pm On Jul 17, 2021
Mtcheww compare this to the three storey leviathan they built in Kano and tell me ONE Nigeria.. wink
Re: Obasanjo Commissions Ikot Oku Ikono Flyover In Uyo by eeetuk(m): 4:05pm On Jul 17, 2021
“Obasanjo was the special guest during the commissioning of Ikot Oku Ikono Flyover on the outskirt of Uyo Metropolis”

Flyover commissioned by Obasanjo in Akwa Ibom State is pure photo oops for Udom and Obasanjo. This is buying celebrity to peddle lies to show that Governor Udom has achieved something.
Absolutely not. Where is the proof?

This flyover is 1 kilometer (.62 mile) long.
What is the relevant of building a half-a-mile long flyover to economic development in Akwa ibom State?

Unless this flyover is for tourist’s attraction, I cannot see its economic relevant to the state. Akwa Ibom State population is between 12 to 15 million people, but the Northern Nigerian Muslim run federal government under counted the state population to short change Akwa Ibom State in federal revenues allocations formula. And 99% of the state population live in absolute poverty level--owing to poor leadership skills provided by Akpabio and udom administrations. Farming industry to provide jobs for locals does not exist, western style shopping centers to help locals to own their own businesses do not exist.

When will Akwa Ibom State government recognize that building roads to connect all the local governments in the state is important for economic development, uniting people and creating jobs to help locals to earn incomes for better lives?

Akwa Ibom State is composed of 31 local governments—and that means the state needs to build 31 highways to be economic relevant. I grew up in Akwa Ibom State, and I had only traveled to 2 of 31 locals in my life. That is terrible for economic development of the state and to citizens knowledge of their own state. I have always wanted to travel to all the local governments in my state to get to know our people, learn about our history, and to see how my contribution can impact the lives of Akwa Ibom people. But I could not because of lack of access to other local governments. No wonder why citizens of the state are so divided in how they see each other.

The only thing governor Udom did good is he did not invite President Buhari to come to the state to commission this half a mile flyover. And I thank him for that. President Buhari resentment to Akwa Ibom citizens can be measured in his federal funding policies and hiring practices. Akwa Ibom State citizens do not benefit in Buhari government at all.
Re: Obasanjo Commissions Ikot Oku Ikono Flyover In Uyo by GNature(m): 4:27pm On Jul 17, 2021
Bolustical:

Clown, this is one of the roads Dapo Abiodun just finished constructing. Epe-Ijebu Ode Road.

Please show us the one(s) your state governor did.

Good point. Also, Ogun state does not receive millions of dollars per month for oil like AKS

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Commissions Ikot Oku Ikono Flyover In Uyo by irich21(m): 4:49pm On Jul 17, 2021
Just one in six years when Wike has constructed almost ten.
When he starts the second one which will be completed in five years that one will be commissioned by Obama
Re: Obasanjo Commissions Ikot Oku Ikono Flyover In Uyo by osuulola(m): 5:03pm On Jul 17, 2021
Bolustical:

Clown, this is one of the roads Dapo Abiodun just finished constructing. Epe-Ijebu Ode Road.

Epe in Lagos when Abeokuta roads are in tears!

Ẹ dẹ bẹrù Ọlọrun!
Re: Obasanjo Commissions Ikot Oku Ikono Flyover In Uyo by Kaymansion(m): 5:16pm On Jul 17, 2021
Akwa ibom the small London state kiss Udom have really done well straight to national assembly after his tenure as a governor grin

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Commissions Ikot Oku Ikono Flyover In Uyo by RolexOfGeneva(m): 5:24pm On Jul 17, 2021
peppermint7:
Flyover wer dem stat since 2017
Tueh
Na lie. It was started in 2018 and COVID 19 caused over a year of interruption. Get a life.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Commissions Ikot Oku Ikono Flyover In Uyo by winterfell007(m): 5:43pm On Jul 17, 2021
Abujason:

Akwa Ibom is in SS not SE.
Know your geography
Stop displaying your foolishness and lack of knowledge publicly

You are the one who needs to study geography the more because it's obvious you don't know that 'south-south' is not a geographical location but a geo-political zone. If anything, Akwa-ibom abd cross-river are the real easterners

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Commissions Ikot Oku Ikono Flyover In Uyo by ib0221: 5:49pm On Jul 17, 2021
Bolustical:

This is a prototype. The road is two lane a side. I pass through every other day. The thickness is also so thin. I don't think it can last 5years and it is also tolled.
Re: Obasanjo Commissions Ikot Oku Ikono Flyover In Uyo by proprince(m): 5:53pm On Jul 17, 2021
My respect to Udom.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Commissions Ikot Oku Ikono Flyover In Uyo by ib0221: 5:54pm On Jul 17, 2021
osuulola:

Epe in Lagos when Abeokuta roads are in tears!

Ẹ dẹ bẹrù Ọlọrun!
Truly, there is a road almost completed, but it is a toll road, the thickness is nothing and will be probably spoilt within 5 years. Part of it already shows sign of stress. I believe the man want to use it to make money like Lekki toll road, the problem is that the quality us so poor even not compare to Am bode road from Epe.
Re: Obasanjo Commissions Ikot Oku Ikono Flyover In Uyo by Felimax(m): 6:13pm On Jul 17, 2021
kollinz1234:
Obasanjo is arguably the best president Nigeria has ever produced
Your head correct till his kingdom come. Since 2015 till now - tueh!!!
Re: Obasanjo Commissions Ikot Oku Ikono Flyover In Uyo by DankemzI(m): 6:22pm On Jul 17, 2021
poiZon:

Akwaibom state has always been a civil service state, civil service can never employ the entire graduates and non-graduates...
The present govt is trying to deviate from this Norma and move the state to an industrial and private service driven path.
If every other governors had done this, we won't be found loitering the entire country recieving abuse from fools.

We're civil service because our elites refuse bringing their investment home, Akwa Ibomites have successful business men and women with big firms nationwide but nothing to show for in their state of origin embarassed

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Commissions Ikot Oku Ikono Flyover In Uyo by poiZon: 6:27pm On Jul 17, 2021
DankemzI:

We're civil service because our elites refuse bringing their investment home, Akwa Ibomites have successful business men and women with big firms nationwide but nothing to show for in their state of origin embarassed
Another big issue...
Even if they bring it, will we patronise it...
See how we allow vandrezer fc leave our state to Lagos because of foolish politics.
That thing pain me wella..
Re: Obasanjo Commissions Ikot Oku Ikono Flyover In Uyo by DankemzI(m): 6:38pm On Jul 17, 2021
poiZon:

Another big issue...
Even if they bring it, will we patronise it...
See how we allow vandrezer fc leave our state to Lagos because of foolish politics.
That thing pain me wella..

Why won't we?
Re: Obasanjo Commissions Ikot Oku Ikono Flyover In Uyo by Ilaumoh(m): 6:39pm On Jul 17, 2021
Praxis758:
The disciples of 'Uncommon Transformer' won't be happy with this. They will soon flood this thread with hateful comments and pics of slums in Akwa-Ibom.

They'll even argue with you that you need to come to Uyo to see how the governor has defaced with state with clueless governance.

Those pained laid disciples are being hurt because Udom Emmanuel's developmental governance is defeating any opposition's chance of winning any electoral office in 2023.

It is better not to argue with any of Akpabio's paid disciples on this thread.
You are right bro.. they are pained cheesy

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Commissions Ikot Oku Ikono Flyover In Uyo by Ilaumoh(m): 6:43pm On Jul 17, 2021
bunto:
I like your comment.

It is not everyday you see a Nigerian leader that builds and builds even when they have the funds. See Bayelsa state

But the governor should please, please try to also build the people.
The level of illiteracy in Akwa Ibom is unacceptable.
It's as if they are still in the caveman's period.

But overall...good job Governor Odom. Keep moving!
You are indeed senseless and lack what to say .. which state is number 7th literate state in Nigeria from the last NBA ranking ?

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Commissions Ikot Oku Ikono Flyover In Uyo by Ilaumoh(m): 6:45pm On Jul 17, 2021
Originalsly:
Hmmm.... the vice president .... commissioning a flyover .... in 2021... do we really know how embarrassing this is ..... anywhere outside Nigeria? To build a flyover now seems to be a mark of achievement... legacy of a governor ... bragging rights for the masses .... never mind the money spent was more than enough to significantly improve infrastructure to directly benefit residents. Let me shut up and not tagged jealous.
.shutup were is the vice president in that pix . Mumu

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Commissions Ikot Oku Ikono Flyover In Uyo by Ikpongiton: 7:14pm On Jul 17, 2021
Why did these people choose this type of complex and expensive design in a state that is not financially buoyant.
Re: Obasanjo Commissions Ikot Oku Ikono Flyover In Uyo by poiZon: 7:36pm On Jul 17, 2021
DankemzI:

Why won't we?
Have u used toothpick from akwaibom before?
If u have a child, what pencil does he/she uses?
So many akwaibomites hate that toothpick from akees..
They prefer to castigate than patronise.
How will the production continue when we prefer to travel to aba to buy toothpicks than buy the one that is produced in akwaibom?
Re: Obasanjo Commissions Ikot Oku Ikono Flyover In Uyo by poiZon: 7:43pm On Jul 17, 2021
irich21:
Just one in six years when Wike has constructed almost ten.
When he starts the second one which will be completed in five years that one will be commissioned by Obama
Udom's mantra was industrialization.
Wike is mister project.. Don't compare udom with wike..
If u want to, switch them with their states.
How many industries has wike attracted to rivers state?
How many has udom brought in?
Wike is to construct flyovers, udom is bringingin industries so youths can be employed..
Akpabio been finish work for akwaibom, or have u forgotten akwaibom ado ok?
He even said the person that will succeed him will be sleeping in hilltop mansion cos there will be virtually nothing for him to do.

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Commissions Ikot Oku Ikono Flyover In Uyo by Nobody: 9:11pm On Jul 17, 2021
That flyover is resembles the AYA flyover Abuja
Re: Obasanjo Commissions Ikot Oku Ikono Flyover In Uyo by baloney: 9:52pm On Jul 17, 2021
Re: Obasanjo Commissions Ikot Oku Ikono Flyover In Uyo by dchamp234(m): 10:14pm On Jul 17, 2021
Bolustical:

Hahaha, them construct am finish put toll gate to get their money back in 4 years time and you're proud to post this on nairaland. Grow up my brother, you're in Nigeria and you coming from ogun state is another thing entirely..
Re: Obasanjo Commissions Ikot Oku Ikono Flyover In Uyo by Originalsly: 11:49pm On Jul 17, 2021
Ilaumoh:

shutup were is the vice president in that pix . Mumu

Thanks!... my bad! .....noted... modified.
Re: Obasanjo Commissions Ikot Oku Ikono Flyover In Uyo by edoairways: 11:56pm On Jul 17, 2021
Abujason:

Akwa Ibom is in SS not SE.
Know your geography
Stop displaying your foolishness and lack of knowledge publicly
There is no south south. We have North,East,West and South (NEWS)
Re: Obasanjo Commissions Ikot Oku Ikono Flyover In Uyo by Abujason: 11:57pm On Jul 17, 2021
[quote author=VEXT post=103803198][/quote]

I guess you are just like him. You two need deliverance.
Re: Obasanjo Commissions Ikot Oku Ikono Flyover In Uyo by Kzinne: 12:14am On Jul 18, 2021
VEXT:
The only reasonable state in the east..
The other fools dey busy dey throw drug money and ritual money around..No fit developed the state..
Re: Obasanjo Commissions Ikot Oku Ikono Flyover In Uyo by peppermint7(m): 1:40am On Jul 18, 2021
RolexOfGeneva:

Na lie. It was started in 2018 and COVID 19 caused over a year of interruption. Get a life.
Idiot no be 2017 dem birth this idea
2018 work start
I was there on Friday to see it open
And besides dem never still finish am
Re: Obasanjo Commissions Ikot Oku Ikono Flyover In Uyo by Indabawa1987: 2:35am On Jul 18, 2021
please next time we want to see PMB commissioning projects not uncle Sege or anyone else
Re: Obasanjo Commissions Ikot Oku Ikono Flyover In Uyo by Tremple8v: 2:55am On Jul 18, 2021
Them pour ororo for the roads?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tinubu’s Presidency In 30 Days: Increased Hardships, Rising Hopes! / Mimiko Saves Dying Child From Accident Scene (Photos) / Buhari Urges Malians To Accept Government Of National Unity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.