Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,179 members, 7,821,987 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:46 PM

Obasanjo Commissions Ikot Oku Ikono Flyover In Uyo - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Commissions Ikot Oku Ikono Flyover In Uyo (35039 Views)

Obasanjo Commissions 24Km Eket-Etinan Road In Akwa Ibom / Obasanjo Commissions Seriake Dickson Foundation Office In Bayelsa (Photos) / Obasanjo Commissions Dantinajo Hotels And Resort Oleh In Delta (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo Commissions Ikot Oku Ikono Flyover In Uyo by rollingrocks: 4:14am On Jul 18, 2021
eeetuk:
“Obasanjo was the special guest during the commissioning of Ikot Oku Ikono Flyover on the outskirt of Uyo Metropolis”

Flyover commissioned by Obasanjo in Akwa Ibom State is pure photo oops for Udom and Obasanjo. This is buying celebrity to peddle lies to show that Governor Udom has achieved something.
Absolutely not. Where is the proof?

This flyover is 1 kilometer (.62 mile) long.
What is the relevant of building a half-a-mile long flyover to economic development in Akwa ibom State?

Unless this flyover is for tourist’s attraction, I cannot see its economic relevant to the state. Akwa Ibom State population is between 12 to 15 million people, but the Northern Nigerian Muslim run federal government under counted the state population to short change Akwa Ibom State in federal revenues allocations formula. And 99% of the state population live in absolute poverty level--owing to poor leadership skills provided by Akpabio and udom administrations. Farming industry to provide jobs for locals does not exist, western style shopping centers to help locals to own their own businesses do not exist.

When will Akwa Ibom State government recognize that building roads to connect all the local governments in the state is important for economic development, uniting people and creating jobs to help locals to earn incomes for better lives?

Akwa Ibom State is composed of 31 local governments—and that means the state needs to build 31 highways to be economic relevant. I grew up in Akwa Ibom State, and I had only traveled to 2 of 31 locals in my life. That is terrible for economic development of the state and to citizens knowledge of their own state. I have always wanted to travel to all the local governments in my state to get to know our people, learn about our history, and to see how my contribution can impact the lives of Akwa Ibom people. But I could not because of lack of access to other local governments. No wonder why citizens of the state are so divided in how they see each other.

The only thing governor Udom did good is he did not invite President Buhari to come to the state to commission this half a mile flyover. And I thank him for that. President Buhari resentment to Akwa Ibom citizens can be measured in his federal funding policies and hiring practices. Akwa Ibom State citizens do not benefit in Buhari government at all.

Bros you grew up in Akwa ibom and travelled to only 2 local governments, chai you can lie ooo. I tell you, you have never been to akwa ibom, neither do you know anything about akwa ibom. Stop typing crap!!!!
Re: Obasanjo Commissions Ikot Oku Ikono Flyover In Uyo by rollingrocks: 4:17am On Jul 18, 2021
peppermint7:

Idiot no be 2017 dem birth this idea
2018 work start
I was there on Friday to see it open
And besides dem never still finish am

True, that flyover is incomplete. My question now is 'will it be completed?'
Re: Obasanjo Commissions Ikot Oku Ikono Flyover In Uyo by RolexOfGeneva(m): 6:23am On Jul 18, 2021
peppermint7:

Idiot no be 2017 dem birth this idea
2018 work start
I was there on Friday to see it open
And besides dem never still finish am
No need talking to you. You're an APC propagandist.
How does birthing of idea relate to duration of work?
Like I said, go get a life. This witchcrafty you are doing won't end you well.
Ifod asua eti mkpo.
Re: Obasanjo Commissions Ikot Oku Ikono Flyover In Uyo by ofiko123(m): 7:30am On Jul 18, 2021
Nice one... Udom Emmanuel is really working...
Re: Obasanjo Commissions Ikot Oku Ikono Flyover In Uyo by mainman7(m): 7:34am On Jul 18, 2021
McOluOmo:
My FB account is under locked, please help a brother
If you are out of the Country, give your account details to someone to sign in for you. They'll then send code to your phone or email.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Commissions Ikot Oku Ikono Flyover In Uyo by eeetuk(m): 12:28pm On Jul 18, 2021
Rollingrocks: : "Bros you grew up in Akwa ibom and travelled to only 2 local governments, chai you can lie ooo. I tell you, you have never been to akwa ibom, neither do you know anything about akwa ibom. Stop typing crap!!!!"

Trust me, I only traveled to 2 out of 31 local governments in Akwa Ibom state. Those two local governments are Uyo and Oron. I grew up poor. Roads were small. And access to other local governments was nearly impossible. That was in the 90s before victor Attah became a governor and started to build roads. But I managed to save some money and traveled to overseas to study. I am no longer poor.

Akwa Ibom state is not lagos state --- the only state in Nigeria where government provides subsidized public transportation. That means if you are a citizen of Akwa Ibom state and want to travel to learn about your state, you have to fund your way. And since I was poor, that was impossible.

So, story like this is told every day by millions of Akwa Ibom state citizens except you. You sound like a rich child from a well to do family. God bless you.

Now, I don't live in Nigeria today.
I live in a country where people are not afraid to say that they were poor growing up. Telling people your upbringing is a good kitchen table conversation. Believe me ,I am living it .
Re: Obasanjo Commissions Ikot Oku Ikono Flyover In Uyo by rollingrocks: 3:35pm On Jul 18, 2021
eeetuk:
Rollingrocks: : "Bros you grew up in Akwa ibom and travelled to only 2 local governments, chai you can lie ooo. I tell you, you have never been to akwa ibom, neither do you know anything about akwa ibom. Stop typing crap!!!!"

Trust me, I only traveled to 2 out of 31 local governments in Akwa Ibom state. Those two local governments are Uyo and Oron. I grew up poor. Roads were small. And access to other local governments was nearly impossible. That was in the 90s before victor Attah became a governor and started to build roads. But I managed to save some money and traveled to overseas to study. I am no longer poor.

Akwa Ibom state is not lagos state --- the only state in Nigeria where government provides subsidized public transportation. That means if you are a citizen of Akwa Ibom state and want to travel to learn about your state, you have to fund your way. And since I was poor, that was impossible.

So, story like this is told every day by millions of Akwa Ibom state citizens except you. You sound like a rich child from a well to do family. God bless you.

Now, I don't live in Nigeria today.
I live in a country where people are not afraid to say that they were poor growing up. Telling people your upbringing is a good kitchen table conversation. Believe me ,I am living it .

First of all where or how you or I live is of no importance in this discussion. You said Lagos is the only state that provides subsidised public transport-- where did you get this fallacy from ? People will just be laughing at this statement of yours. From what you wrote it is obvious you are oblivious about goings-on in Akwa Ibom nay Nigeria. No need to dialogue with you again unless you are ready for me to update you about the Akwa Ibom and Nigeria of 2021.
Re: Obasanjo Commissions Ikot Oku Ikono Flyover In Uyo by eeetuk(m): 7:18pm On Jul 18, 2021
Rollingrocks: " you said Lagos is the only state that provides subsidised public transport-- where did you get this fallacy from ? People will just be laughing at this "

People will just be Laughing at me for what? For telling the truth?

I don't get it!

You're so wrong to try to second guess what other people are thinking .

Now I know who you support. You are a supporter of Governor Udom Emmanuel. You will never get me to support Governor Udom. This is a governor who rushed to run for governor without reading the 1999 onstitution of Nigeria. That is why governor Udom Emmanuel did not know what to do when fulanis herdsmen arrived in Akwa Ibom state to kill our people. He tried to blame Buhari for herdsmen attack on Akwa Ibom state citizens.

The 1999 constitution of Nigeria clearly states that state governors are responsible for protecting lives and safety of the citizens in their states.

How can Udom Emmanuel lead if he doesn't know his responsibilities to the citizens of his state?

Knowing your responsibilities from day one is governor job . That is why I can never see myself voting for Udom. He is a lazy man.
Re: Obasanjo Commissions Ikot Oku Ikono Flyover In Uyo by rollingrocks: 2:02am On Jul 19, 2021
eeetuk:
Rollingrocks: " you said Lagos is the only state that provides subsidised public transport-- where did you get this fallacy from ? People will just be laughing at this "

People will just be Laughing at me for what? For telling the truth?

I don't get it!

You're so wrong to try to second guess what other people are thinking .

Now I know who you support. You are a supporter of Governor Udom Emmanuel. You will never get me to support Governor Udom. This is a governor who rushed to run for governor without reading the 1999 onstitution of Nigeria. That is why governor Udom Emmanuel did not know what to do when fulanis herdsmen arrived in Akwa Ibom state to kill our people. He tried to blame Buhari for herdsmen attack on Akwa Ibom state citizens.

The 1999 constitution of Nigeria clearly states that state governors are responsible for protecting lives and safety of the citizens in their states.

How can Udom Emmanuel lead if he doesn't know his responsibilities to the citizens of his state?

Knowing your responsibilities from day one is governor job . That is why I can never see myself voting for Udom. He is a lazy man.

In your mind I support Udom, Hahaha haha cheesy cheesy cheesy - Joke of the century. You honestly would not want to know my opinion about Udom. I can never be a sycophantic f^^ol for Udom or any politician for that matter. I am way beyond that. Let's leave it there. As I said, there is no need continuing any discussion with you about Akwa Ibom.
Re: Obasanjo Commissions Ikot Oku Ikono Flyover In Uyo by peppermint7(m): 11:04pm On Jul 20, 2021
rollingrocks:

True, that flyover is incomplete. My question now is 'will it be completed?'
Omoh as dem don commission
Work don finish
Re: Obasanjo Commissions Ikot Oku Ikono Flyover In Uyo by peppermint7(m): 11:11pm On Jul 20, 2021
RolexOfGeneva:

No need talking to you. You're an APC propagandist.
How does birthing of idea relate to duration of work?
Like I said, go get a life. This witchcrafty you are doing won't end you well.
Ifod asua eti mkpo.
Dah ette mkpong utang ndisime
I am no politics oriented
nothing consign me for dia
As no be dem de give me food
But let’s always call a spade a spade
Bless up
Re: Obasanjo Commissions Ikot Oku Ikono Flyover In Uyo by rollingrocks: 4:14am On Jul 21, 2021
peppermint7:

Omoh as dem don commission
Work don finish

Which is the tragedy of the Udom administration in Akwa Ibom. I'm not surprised. It is obvious Udom is a classless fellow, he lacks the eye for finesse and functionality. After rendering that area economically comatose for years he suddenly rushes to 'commission' it. Now that place is now the official 'Ojuelegba' or 'Oshodi' of Uyo!!! Under that flyover, as I type there is now a big market booming there, on the median and every available space. The flyover sadly is also serving as a motor park. Buses and Keke have officially taken over one lane at the flyover. There will now be more traffic at Ikot Oku Ikono junction than ever before become Mr. Clueless, his advisers and sycophants have no clue what it means to plan a city!!!! Uyo Capital City Development Authority is manned by a politician whose sole aim is to line his pocket with money in preparation for the next election. Uyo Local Government like others is dead!! Can someone please ask Mr. Udom Emmanuel which of the previously built flyovers in the state is like this?? No greenery, no trees, no street lights in the underpass areas, I mean, Udom is are a big scam!!! His appreciation of aesthetics is zero, it is either nobody has told him or he just simply doesn't care!! What I am saying is common to ALL his projects!!! This is the worst governor Akwa Ibom has ever had!!!!
Re: Obasanjo Commissions Ikot Oku Ikono Flyover In Uyo by RolexOfGeneva(m): 6:58am On Jul 21, 2021
peppermint7:

Dah ette mkpong utang ndisime
I am no politics oriented
nothing consign me for dia
As no be dem de give me food
But let’s always call a spade a spade
Bless up
Mfana Ibaha naha. Bless you too bro
Re: Obasanjo Commissions Ikot Oku Ikono Flyover In Uyo by Segfaultt(m): 1:47pm On Jul 27, 2021
bunto:
I like your comment.

It is not everyday you see a Nigerian leader that builds and builds even when they have the funds. See Bayelsa state

But the governor should please, please try to also build the people.
The level of illiteracy in Akwa Ibom is unacceptable.
It's as if they are still in the caveman's period.

But overall...good job Governor Odom. Keep moving!
you must be very stupid for this useless trash you've posted.
Maybe you're referring to your useless illiterate parents at home.
Unam ikot
Re: Obasanjo Commissions Ikot Oku Ikono Flyover In Uyo by Segfaultt(m): 1:48pm On Jul 27, 2021
poiZon:

If u nees 3million graduates, not just graduates but sound graduates today in akwaibom, u will get it.
No be mouth...
Fo to unical, na we dominate
Enter uniport, we dey..
Na we full uniuyo
We plenty for futo..
Where in this country won't u see akwaibomite studying?
Maybe u were trying to say empowerment..
So will forgive u
If u say akwaibomites are self centred, i will agree... But to say the level of illiteracy is high... Its either u don't know what illiteracy means.
na you even dey get time dey quote that useme mkpor?
Adiok ono anye ye generations omo.
Unamikot

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Kano Emir Suspends Abdullahi Sa’adu For Selling Land To Fulani Herdsmen / Saraki Names Four Senate Committees / I Am In Disbelief Blinken Called Tinubu After A Fraudulent Election - Atiku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.