Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,808 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:54 AM

Should Any Sensible Person Be On The MTN Network? - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Should Any Sensible Person Be On The MTN Network? (9343 Views)

Re: Should Any Sensible Person Be On The Mtn Network? / Re: Should Any Sensible Person Be On The Mtn Network? / Re: Should Any Sensible Person Be On The Mtn Network? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Any Sensible Person Be On The MTN Network? by born2boink(m): 9:06pm On Jun 05, 2011
MTN=PDP=DSTV (-FRAUD N RIGGING)
GLO=ACN=HITV (-TRUST AND Delivered)
Re: Should Any Sensible Person Be On The MTN Network? by evilspirit: 9:08pm On Jun 05, 2011
madprof:

I think there's too much unnecessary fuss about MTN's tariffs on this thread. You shouldn't expend a lot of energy complaining about MTN. Not when there are several alternatives out there. The irony is that most of the people complaining DO have MTN lines, so why are they still using those lines? Don't get me wrong - I'm not defending MTN - but it is a matter of personal choice which network(s) you decide to use. When it comes to total service quality, other networks over time have not performed much better than MTN either. Every one of them is defficient in one way or another in total service quality and product offering.[b] Take for instance Airtel says they give 20 free SMS monthly with their 20k/s call plan, yet they always charge for texts I send; why? [/b]Those other smaller networks(visafone, starcomms, etc) can't even compare because they don't have robust value added services. In today's telecomms market you can't survive without value added services. MTN's internet service is about the most reliable among all the networks. Again, I'm not supporting MTN, but overall the other networks aren't doing or offering much better services.
What we need to advocate for is all-round better services and cheaper call rates from network operators rather than attacking MTN. Even at Airtel's 20k/s Nigerians still pay among the highest phone tariffs in the world; that has got to stop. Think about it: if MTN were really worse than other networks they wouldn't still be in business would they? The best way to attack MTN is to totally boycott their services - how many people can realistically do that? In any case MTN is a rip-off because NCC has allowed it.

the message you get after text is pre-programmed they dont charge for SMS if you havent exhausted you free sms.check your balance before and after
Re: Should Any Sensible Person Be On The MTN Network? by Nobody: 9:13pm On Jun 05, 2011
I AM AN ANTI-MTN angry angry angry

MTN IS SCAM, arrgh

i so much love my glo line and I'm planning on gettting an airtel line and breaking the sim grin grin
Re: Should Any Sensible Person Be On The MTN Network? by rman: 9:35pm On Jun 05, 2011
sirabbey:

[b]rman, your bread is certainly buttered by Empty Net (MTN) at the moment, so i understand your sentiments and PR salvage crusade, but stop defending the indefensible. your posts insults the intelligences of your esteemed customers ( that is if we are esteemed indeed by Empty Net.)
If i were you i will be worried stiff that your customers hold this view about your company and will stay invisible behind my computer screen gathering informations needed to marshall a change in company policies or at least direct the attention of policies maker to this page rather than worsening the situation with your poorly thought out responses. Agreed some of the comments here are to the extreme to say the least (i.e someone saying he hate south Africa becos of Empty Net reputation.) but not everyone has mastered the ability of managing his anger.

I am another one of your victimised/ripped off esteemed customer waiting to sign off your Empty Net.

sorry i typed in red.[/
b]
Thanks for your response. You are right about taking note of what your customers feel about the service a company renders. A lot of companies have gone done by not responding to market forces or not getting the proper feedback from customers. I am not trying to insult anyone's intelligence that is why I said we can all learn a lot through this thread. Anyway MTN has responded to changes in prices due to competion appropriately over time and surely they don't want to be left behind as a market leader.
Calling a company 419 and rip off is languages I dont understand when we all are stakeholders in the same telecom sectors.
Re: Should Any Sensible Person Be On The MTN Network? by cameronese(m): 9:42pm On Jun 05, 2011

If you want me to expalin to you how MTN came about their tarriffs , I am sorry , I can't. My point is in a competitive market no body should complain about rip off when the so called cheaper and better alternative is starring you in the eyes. Unless there is something they are(mtn) doing right that we all just dont want to addmit.

Mr rmtn, pls we're being gentle men here, dont force to call you names that you may not like. If you're a PR, I'm sorry to say you're ill-trained, too unprofessional to be a PR of any sort.

What do you call complaining of ripoff? We arn't in MTN office demonstrating, we're simple educating each other about your company's deliquent practice on our own platform so why come here to insult us? You mean we shouldn't complain to one and other? We should swallow it just the way you gave it to us?

With MTN, nothing good is possible - The only thing possible is free access to our wallet.

1. cheap call rate = impossible

2. quality service = impossible

3. customer oriented service = impossible

4. per sec billing = impossible

5. Free SMS = imposssible

Access to customer's wallet at will through brainwashing publicity = VERY POSSIBLE.

You know when monthly internet subscription ends but don't know when the service is not delivered.

We'll be better off if MTN closed down! pls leave here and never come back.
Re: Should Any Sensible Person Be On The MTN Network? by hillsate: 9:44pm On Jun 05, 2011
MTN sucks big time!
Please someone should send them a link of this thread let them have an idea of what their customers feel about them. But guess what? they don't even give a damn.
why cant we convene a rally with placards to register our grievances.
LETS NOT ONLY TALK, LETS TAKE ACTION!!!!
Re: Should Any Sensible Person Be On The MTN Network? by Emeniyen: 9:51pm On Jun 05, 2011
I think selecting the network of your choice is a function of decision. Calculate and make your choice. Every networks have their own advantage and disadvantages. Just weigh your choice proper and choose the package that best suit you. Good luck!
Re: Should Any Sensible Person Be On The MTN Network? by vislabraye(m): 9:53pm On Jun 05, 2011
MTN could be funny at times. I know some1 who requested for a ring tone and she was given another,  When she tried to delete the ring tone using the code she was given, it did not work. She texting repeatedly and they were charging money from her.

It was really funny. Customer care doesnt even pick up calls
Re: Should Any Sensible Person Be On The MTN Network? by edogirl2: 10:03pm On Jun 05, 2011
I moved on from MTN  a few weeks ago, for a different reason.

I wanted to spend my money with a Nigerian company. Some might think it's irrational to make a choice based on the 'nationality' of the provider, but on this Nigerian telecom palava, I'm pleased to embrace this level of irrationality. It's my cash!

Calls & data will now be Glo & Visaphone respectively.
Re: Should Any Sensible Person Be On The MTN Network? by supereagle(m): 10:23pm On Jun 05, 2011
I use glo infinito to call any network at 15naira/min. I love it ah! ah!. But mtn has a reliable internet service, but expensive.
Re: Should Any Sensible Person Be On The MTN Network? by sirabbey(m): 10:27pm On Jun 05, 2011
rman:

Thanks for your response. You are right about taking note of what your customers feel about the service a company renders. A lot of companies have gone done by not responding to market forces or not getting the proper feedback from customers. I am not trying to insult anyone's intelligence that is why I said we can all learn a lot through this thread. Anyway MTN has responded to changes in prices due to competion appropriately over time and surely they don't want to be left behind as a market leader.
Calling a company 419 and rip off is languages I dont understand when we all are stakeholders in the same telecom sectors.
John 3:16 link=topic=665534.msg8460057#msg8460057 date=1307297434:

[b]@rman this is a much better stance to adopt and for the bolded part, you have your answer below. John 3:16 experience particularly is daylight robbery if you dont mind me saying so.[/b]

[quote author=biz2get link=topic=665534.msg8460116#msg8460116 date=1307298147]
Emty Net(MTN) are crazy i jst load 100n on my Emty Net and sharply they remove 50bucks frm it and e remain 50n now, fool

I use their postpaid which is a bit cheper compared to prepaid. I subscribed to their BB and when I discovered that their BB is a sham, I called their customer care and requested that my BB service be susPended. I changed to glo BB and I've been enjoying their service but. I now use my MTN on my chinco fone which is not wap enabled but MTN still charge me 3k for BB which I no longer use despite series of calls to their customer care who confirmed my BB has been suspended since 3 months ago. I have sent my new Airtel number to my clients and will soon destroy their sim card. Imagine being charged 9k for a service U've suspended and never used. These guys are fraudsters.
[/quote]
Re: Should Any Sensible Person Be On The MTN Network? by OmichaelO: 10:37pm On Jun 05, 2011
Things i use ma mtn sim for
1.send free mms
2.browse and download unlimited
3.send sms to mtn numbers
things i dont do on ma mtn
1.make calls
2.send sms 2 other ntwrk
3.do any of their useless callertunez n other b*||sh*ts,
Re: Should Any Sensible Person Be On The MTN Network? by aieromon(m): 11:34pm On Jun 05, 2011
O.michael.O:

Things i use ma mtn sim for
1.send free mms
2.browse and download unlimited
3.send sms to mtn numbers
things i dont do on ma mtn
1.make calls
2.send sms 2 other ntwrk
3.do any of their useless callertunez n other b*||sh*ts,

True story cool
Re: Should Any Sensible Person Be On The MTN Network? by Noblekc: 11:41pm On Jun 05, 2011
this is a very pure post, i ve been tryin to make plans on how to switch networks cos i want all my ppl to still have my new number,, MTN is simply a rogue network
@life style, i would like to word with you, flash or send me a text via dis number 08068516874, tanx, I don't know it postin numbers and e mail is alowed here o, pls
Re: Should Any Sensible Person Be On The MTN Network? by semidaraeb(m): 11:56pm On Jun 05, 2011
Rman ur defence of MTN is laughable,we all know MTN call rates are high but that is not even my gross with them, my gross with them is their BIS service it terrible it reminds me of when we used to go to cybercafes in the early 90's.

Am paying for a service that is almost none exsistent and you come out to defend tham by saying all networks have their issues, look its not my business whether all networks have their issues or not, neither is ity my business how much other network charge or what issues MTN as to contend with the simple fact is that MTN is charging me a certain amount for them to render a particular service to me but they are not delivering on their promise of service contract and this realy pisses me off big time because there is no value for money. I pay for a service but can't enjoy the benefits and they collect their money upfront with no recourse to me the customer if am enjoying the service or not.

Am sure if I give you my number and you check their call center data as per customers that call to complain about the very poor quality of their BIS service my number will be among the 1st 10 and anytime I call their customer service all I hear is some bullshit about we are sorry sir, your complaints will be passed along to the appropriate unit to deal with.

The most annoying was when a lady told me I should wait until 12 mid night to enjoy the internet on BIS I was so angry I told her to shut up and I asked if she thinks I don't have anything better to do with my time than to stay awake till 12 midnight in other to make use of the internet what nonsense and rubbish as if I won't go to work the next day.

I don't blame her or her masters it is the NCC who are supposed to be the watch dog of the industry that has let us down because if they were doing their job right all this nonsense will not be happening. O well I guess they have collected enough PR so they decide to look the other way when MTN is taking our money and not giving us services in return.its only in Nigeria that the rule of customer is KING does not apply. So they should keep on doing the rubbish they are doing one day be one day,

But pls  don't defend the rubish and nonsense service they offer to people who pay for the service,  in the first place after all its not FREE we are paying for it, If their network is congested they should improve on it they have the statistics of the total number of customers on the network and those who use a particular service.Its not my business what reason(s) they give for poor quality I don't care and don't want to know because the moment my subscription ends MTN will not give me a free second and so therefore I have every right to demand for good quality service. I have made similar remarks on facebook abou the poor BIS service before and am happy someone else is doing the same thing in this forum.  MTN has being operating for a long time and am sure the service they offer in Nigeria is tlhe poorest world wide and they simply should improve on it.QED
Re: Should Any Sensible Person Be On The MTN Network? by desertboom(m): 12:21am On Jun 06, 2011
@Rman. . . I've not reply here on this site for a long time now but I must comment today so that you understand that people are angry about your poor services. Have you thought of questions like; why is everyone angry at MTN? Why are people no longer using MTN to make calls? Even my old mother calls MTN thief and you're here talking of competition. You also said nobody is forcing people to use MTN, don't you think if people stop to use your lowly services and products you'll pack your belongings to your fucking country south Africa
Re: Should Any Sensible Person Be On The MTN Network? by Nobody: 12:48am On Jun 06, 2011
@rman, i suggest u post this link to your superior and let them know this is a real mkt survey of their customers perception about their service, instead of defending ur company. By saying no one forces u to use mtn is an insult. Am more ashamed dat mtn dint do consumer behavioural analysis before launching magic no, to be honest if i were ur MD a lot of ppl will lose their jobs in ur retail marketing dept. Remember d worst advert u can get 4 ur biz is that from an aggrieved customer. U started first, dont be d last, study d biz model of cassette manufactures who refused to move with d times when c.d came on board. All d best mtn.
Re: Should Any Sensible Person Be On The MTN Network? by Chizua(m): 1:09am On Jun 06, 2011
Guy no vex. As for me MTN is only good for receiving calls. More grace to Airtel and Etisalat as well as multiple sim phones. Lets not forget about MTN magic rubbish. Gbangbarity!!! wuruwuru magic number.
Re: Should Any Sensible Person Be On The MTN Network? by austinvsb1(m): 2:05am On Jun 06, 2011
YES O, The best thing you can do with your mtn sim now is recieve calls with it, other than that, i feel its insensible for any nigerian to pay for any of mtn's services anymore , Go for airtel guyz, to me they are d best for now, AIRTEL, 2GOOD,
Re: Should Any Sensible Person Be On The MTN Network? by Rooneyboy(m): 2:17am On Jun 06, 2011
@valacious,  copying this link and forwarding it wouldnt make any difference, they arent bothered. One thing i know that wld certainly happen after they must hv balanced the books is that there wld be a reduction in their profit compared to previous years. Thanks to AIRTEL
Re: Should Any Sensible Person Be On The MTN Network? by Rooneyboy(m): 2:39am On Jun 06, 2011
most call centre operators nw use their normal Airtel lines to make calls, this goes to show that AIRTEL and its new tariff is giving nt just MTN bt starcoms a good fight, it also goes further to say ''y use a pay phone ?'' if the call centre operators can use their normal airtel lines for their business then all the public needs to do is own an airtel line.by so doing they ll never visit a public phone again. AIRTEL is way too cheap people. Pls note that i m nt a staff of the company'AIRTEL' i m just an ordinary happy customer.
Re: Should Any Sensible Person Be On The MTN Network? by mkpologwu(m): 3:39am On Jun 06, 2011
All Mtn platforms and packages suck! But glo BB in Edo State equally sucks, or is their link good now for BB service? Need answers frm glo BB users in Edo State cos I want to dump mtn fast.
Re: Should Any Sensible Person Be On The MTN Network? by omoboy08(m): 3:42am On Jun 06, 2011
mtn is nt a listen company. To me is a waste of resources rechargin der line nd anytime i mistakenly do, N100 will nt even finish 4like 2mnth. Calls-glo, mtn-iwp on pc n 64.2, on fone. u knw wot am sayin. Even if dey com bak wit der magic fraud, i ll neva subscribe 2it again. Glo 2k/sec is even beta 2der yeye magic. I ve a bro dt doesnt want 2use any netwk apart fr mtn cos of dnature of biz nt until recently i forced him 2buy glo. He was surprise 2c plenty of bonus on top N5000 recharge. Dis is some1 dat recharge 1500 mtn evry 2days. And ever since he told he hardly load N200 in a wk
Re: Should Any Sensible Person Be On The MTN Network? by omoboy08(m): 3:44am On Jun 06, 2011
mtn is nt a listen company. To me is a waste of resources rechargin der line nd anytime i mistakenly do, N100 will nt even finish 4like 2mnth. Calls-glo, mtn-iwp on pc n 64.2, on fone. u knw wot am sayin. Even if dey com bak wit der magic fraud, i ll neva subscribe 2it again. Glo 2k/sec is even beta 2der yeye magic. I ve a bro dt doesnt want 2use any netwk apart fr mtn cos of dnature of biz nt until recently i forced him 2buy glo. He was surprise 2c plenty of bonus on top N5000 recharge. Dis is some1 dat recharge 1500 mtn evry 2days. And ever since he told he hardly load N200 in a wk
Re: Should Any Sensible Person Be On The MTN Network? by cameronese(m): 5:54am On Jun 06, 2011

If you want me to expalin to you how MTN came about their tarriffs , I am sorry , I can't. My point is in a competitive market no body should complain about rip off when the so called cheaper and better alternative is starring you in the eyes. Unless there is something they are(mtn) doing right that we all just dont want to addmit.

Mr rmtn, pls we're being gentle men here, don't force us to call you names that you may not like. If you're a PR, I'm sorry to say you're ill-trained, too unprofessional to be a PR of any sort.

What do you call complaining of ripoff? We arn't in MTN office demonstrating, we're simple educating each other about your company's deliquent practice on our own platform so why come here to insult us? You mean we shouldn't complain to one and other? We should swallow it just the way you gave it to us?

With MTN, nothing good is possible - The only thing possible is free access to our wallet.

Access to customer's wallet at will through brainwashing publicity = VERY POSSIBLE.

They know when monthly internet subscription ends but don't know when the service is not delivered.

Re: Should Any Sensible Person Be On The MTN Network? by OmichaelO: 8:08am On Jun 06, 2011
cameronese:

Mr rmtn, pls we're being gentle men here, don't force us to call you names that you may not like. If you're a PR, I'm sorry to say you're ill-trained, too unprofessional to be a PR of any sort.

They know when monthly internet subscription ends but don't know when the service is not delivered.

cameronese:

grin grin grin, yeeyee NTM
Re: Should Any Sensible Person Be On The MTN Network? by Rooneyboy(m): 8:29am On Jun 06, 2011
mtn will fall someday 'vry soon' , that is vry certain.
Re: Should Any Sensible Person Be On The MTN Network? by oracular: 9:01am On Jun 06, 2011
wait till you use their fastlink (slow link) modem, you'll bleed while waiting for it to connect, the network is a total mess
Re: Should Any Sensible Person Be On The MTN Network? by reumat(m): 9:14am On Jun 06, 2011
Instead of me 2 recharge 4 my mtn network make am robber thief my money or i take am Bleep ashawo. Comon free sms dem no fit give. U do 10mb u no go fit brows. Mtn 2 mtn d charges na wickednes. Infact na only free browsing i day use dere line 4.
Re: Should Any Sensible Person Be On The MTN Network? by Hilundi: 9:36am On Jun 06, 2011
Mtn i over-detest,i once joked with m brother that if i had my way i would burn down all the Mtn Base-station In Nigeria.All Mtn brings to once pocket is sorrow,tears and blood.I over love Etisalat they kinda put their customer first.At current levels if Mtn goes out of the Nigerian Market there have done so fine given the fact that they broke even almost immeidiately they started work in Nigeria,and really they don't give a hoot.
The Government of the day needs to be proactive to improve the market outcomes in these regards.I have not loaded more than N2,000.00 CREDIT on my Mtn line this year and nothing good can ever come out of those highway robbers network ,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Samsung Told Me The Phone I Bought From Jumia Is A Fake China Device – Angry Man / How To Screenshot On Tecno W3???? / Samsung Galaxy J7 Pro Price In Nigeria (jumia & Slot)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.