Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,162 members, 7,818,534 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:10 PM

Should Any Sensible Person Be On The MTN Network? - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Should Any Sensible Person Be On The MTN Network? (9342 Views)

Re: Should Any Sensible Person Be On The Mtn Network? / Re: Should Any Sensible Person Be On The Mtn Network? / Re: Should Any Sensible Person Be On The Mtn Network? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Any Sensible Person Be On The MTN Network? by manutayo(m): 10:03am On Jun 06, 2011
Guys i told u before that MTN are big thief , even in Cote dívoire for 10k monthly u have unlimited access to the internet while here in naija there no unlimited. NCC doesnot care about how MTN reap of nigerian i think we should all stand up and stop all these abuse. cos MTN dare not try this in other african countries.

http://www.mtn.ci/MTNCI/V3000&Fixnet/Internet.php
Re: Should Any Sensible Person Be On The MTN Network? by bluerange(f): 11:41am On Jun 06, 2011
No matter how MTN wan bone, their revenue chart is not in the best form. Just finished the compilation of name, physical address and GSM numbers of 5,672 private schools in Lagos, Ogun, Port-Harcourt, Abuja, Asaba, Kaduna, Enugu, Calabar, it is shocking to see that only 811 schools out of the 5,672 listed MTN number as their contact number! While AIRTEL has 3,119! So who iMTN wan decieve? lipsrsealed
Re: Should Any Sensible Person Be On The MTN Network? by noru: 12:08pm On Jun 06, 2011
LG phone Model GD510 (From Germany) for sale
Screen touch with a full ultra-compact for easy accessibility
One touch smart key for easy call , 3.0 megapixel, 2GB memory, MP3 music , Video and lot more.
Price: #25,000
For enquiry call 08057883203
Re: Should Any Sensible Person Be On The MTN Network? by Rooneyboy(m): 2:12pm On Jun 06, 2011
@ Noru are u well at all?
Re: Should Any Sensible Person Be On The MTN Network? by agitator: 3:33pm On Jun 06, 2011
see begi begi broke arse nigerians cheesy cheesy cheesy na by force to use MTN. if we pack una don suffer, any way anything una like make una talk we no send una.

MTN! EVERYWHERE YOU GO!
Re: Should Any Sensible Person Be On The MTN Network? by VEE2010(m): 4:00pm On Jun 06, 2011
I regretted making MTN my official phone contact otherwise, I would have dumped it since. They are not cared about customers regular call for tariff reduction. Infact, if they continue like this, very soon, they'll definitely go into oblivion as far as information technology is concern in Nigeria. Thank God for the progressive alternatives, they're seriously keeping them on their toes.
Re: Should Any Sensible Person Be On The MTN Network? by shayman(m): 7:55pm On Jun 06, 2011
Right now am posting wit mtn unlimited free data, aside from calls thats d only thing i use them for, my 5year old romance with mtn ended early this year, etisalat has been giving me far better value! 2days ago it rained and i didnt ve network on etisalat, i wanted to call but i had to wait and load till i can get thru value for my hard earned money rather than waste on mtn, am only for number portability before i port my number to glo or airtel!
Re: Should Any Sensible Person Be On The MTN Network? by olamitunde(m): 8:21pm On Jun 06, 2011
Consumer satisfaction must first, and dats wat d etisalat family b'livs in, reason for d wide range of products nd services targetin consumer satisfactn. No coy can survive without profits, bt dnt let it get in2 your head. Improve services, study d market very wel b4 bringin up unique services (magic_number) so u dnt fumbl, be consumer oriented. Cheap call tariffs nd internet services is feasible in nigeria, der is no such fin as unsustainability. In dis market, d consumer is king! Yea. .

It is so disheartnen and unfortunate that majority of our youth especially nairalanders are still ignorant or may be they re just not well informed.
Where on earth has it happened that the MARKET LEADER has the lowest price because as it is MTN controls more than 30 percent of the telecomms market
in nigeria.so why would you now compare that with Etisalat that just came to the market with so many strategies in order to have a share in the market or ZAIN that isjust strugling to survive in the maket. i have realised that nigerians like cheap and or free things/services. Just like the case of HITV and DSTV.
Re: Should Any Sensible Person Be On The MTN Network? by evilspirit: 8:32pm On Jun 06, 2011
olamitunde:

Consumer satisfaction must first, and dats wat d etisalat family b'livs in, reason for d wide range of products nd services targetin consumer satisfactn. No coy can survive without profits, bt dnt let it get in2 your head. Improve services, study d market very wel b4 bringin up unique services (magic_number) so u dnt fumbl, be consumer oriented. Cheap call tariffs nd internet services is feasible in nigeria, der is no such fin as unsustainability. In dis market, d consumer is king! Yea. .

It is so disheartnen and unfortunate that majority of our youth especially nairalanders are still ignorant or may be they re just not well informed.
Where on earth has it happened that the MARKET LEADER has the lowest price because as it is MTN controls more than 30 percent of the telecomms market
in nigeria.so why would you now compare that with Etisalat that just came to the market with so many strategies in order to have a share in the market or ZAIN that isjust strugling to survive in the maket. i have realised that nigerians like cheap and or free things/services. Just like the case of HITV and DSTV.

i wont blame you when obviously your father is political thief.so we should love expensive thing.people allover the world love sales.there is this particular monday in US when prices are reduced you see queues of pple.dont worry buy thuraya and spend 2naira/sec
Re: Should Any Sensible Person Be On The MTN Network? by olamitunde(m): 8:39pm On Jun 06, 2011
Things i use ma mtn sim for
1.send free mms
2.browse and download unlimited
3.send sms to mtn numbers
things i dont do on ma mtn
1.make calls
2.send sms 2 other ntwrk
3.do any of their useless callertunez n other b*||sh*ts,.

Imagine the above post, if every subscriber is like this no network operator will survive because all you care about is cheap , free and
bonus. it"s a pity that most people on this thread think and behave this way
Re: Should Any Sensible Person Be On The MTN Network? by olamitunde(m): 8:44pm On Jun 06, 2011
i wont blame you when obviously your father is political thief.so we should love expensive thing.people allover the world love sales.there is this particular monday in US when prices are reduced you see queues of pple.dont worry buy thuraya and spend 2naira/

@evilspirit, i don't talk to someone like you.your name has already shown the kind family background you are from. SATAN
Re: Should Any Sensible Person Be On The MTN Network? by lwise(m): 9:25pm On Jun 06, 2011
If ure a youngman n ure still recharging ur mtn is either ure extravagant(apa) or ure a thief.If u really sweat b4 u get money u wont waste it on mtn.I will preffer cuttin my money to pieces than to recharge my mtn SIM,I think d two ar d same
Re: Should Any Sensible Person Be On The MTN Network? by snookies(f): 10:28pm On Jun 06, 2011
MTN is annoyingly expensive to use, so I don't really recharge my line so often too, but having said that, I find that they have the most reliable network by far, that is why I would always quote my MTN number above all others in important business situations, can't afford any 4k ups.

I honestly feel that they still have the best quality and if y'all are honest with your selves you would agree with me too.

MTN abeg if una dey listen, you guys can easily take over the nigerian telecomms market completely and I mean completely if you can just listen to your customers and BRING DOWN YOUR TARRIFFS! It's obvious to me that people really do love MTN that is why this thread is even existing in the first place, otherwise people would have drifted away from MTN completely and not even bother to keep the lines to receive calls as many people have admitted here, I believe if MTN was really no good and still had high prices like they do people would move fast and not even bother complaining, next thing we'd be reading about is how they've pulled out operations from NIgeria.

MTN! listen to the people that feed your pockets oh, they just want to see you do better that's all honestly, put them first and see how this hate would turn to love immediately

N.B
#MTN please if you guys are reading this, please I beg you in the name of God, SACK or do extensive retraining for your customer service personnel, because they are the most woeful CS people I have ever had to contend with haba, even some bus conductors have more manners than some of them chei, smh

My MTN line will always remain my first and quoted line always, even though it may always have 0.00 naira on it grin
Re: Should Any Sensible Person Be On The MTN Network? by blackweaver(m): 10:32pm On Jun 06, 2011
people are still on the mtn network 'cos it still has the largest subscriber base and 'cos airtel/zain/celte/vmobile/vodacome/econet didn't get their act together on time i have a wonderful number and call me what you will, itt will continue to be my main line; the only way i can migrate to another network is if i can take the line with me
Re: Should Any Sensible Person Be On The MTN Network? by snookies(f): 10:34pm On Jun 06, 2011
still the most reliable so far
Re: Should Any Sensible Person Be On The MTN Network? by Natasha2(f): 10:40pm On Jun 06, 2011
lolz I ask my self day and night what I'm still doing with MTN  Like gosh there's nothing to gain you just spend your money for nada other networks are giving 25k per sec we are still suffering with 50 k per sec  undecided I don't know how I would load #400 and MTN will use 250 and keep the remaining for me no joke  angry  MTN = thieves they just want to Make The Naira  undecided even their browse offer is so sick  angry
Re: Should Any Sensible Person Be On The MTN Network? by forkadict(m): 9:24am On Jun 07, 2011
olamitunde:

Things i use ma mtn sim for
1.send free mms
2.browse and download unlimited
3.send sms to mtn numbers
things i dont do on ma mtn
1.make calls
2.send sms 2 other ntwrk
3.do any of their useless callertunez n other b*||sh*ts,.

Imagine the above post, if every subscriber is like this no network operator will survive because all you care about is cheap , free and
bonus. it"s a pity that most people on this thread think and behave this way
What the fork on earth gives you the right to insult scores of people with collective pain just because they chose to express their anger at a network that cares for nothing other than sucking their blood From your post, i assume the following:
1) You are a kid who probably started using a phone not too long ago and as such you are still basking in the euphoria of coming of age and owning a phone. All you need is just a line. Any line would do for you.

2) You aint responsible for your calling credit. One mugu somwhere is. Otherwise if you work hard for your money, you would know that its just wasteful for anyone to be making calls with an MTN line. Will you say that just because you dont love cheap, free rates and bonuses, you'll actually pay double for a service another network will provide for you satisfactorily for half the price? are you that wasteful? Are you that irresponsible? Based on this single argument, i conclude (not even assume anymore) that you do not work for your money. If by any chance you work, then you have access to some cheap money. You are definitely involved in some form of crime.

You don't seem to get the point we are making here. To call an MTN line using glo, etisalat and airtel will cost aroung N15 per minute and to call an MTN line using an MTN line will cost you around N30 or N25 per minute depending on the time of the day you are making the call. You are now proudly telling us that because you dont like cheap, free rates and bonuses you will prefer to make your calls using an MTN line. Does that sound sensible to you?? Note that i have not even mentioned calling other networks with an MTN line. The disparity in calling rates in between MTN and other networks can be killing.
Re: Should Any Sensible Person Be On The MTN Network? by ziccoit: 10:14am On Jun 07, 2011
rman:

@OP

The Nigerian Telecoms market is a competitive market , no one is ripping you off. If you are not satisfied with the quality of service in your area from mtn it is so unfortunate. A lot of factors not known to you could be responsible.  MTN is constantly working round the clock to make the quality of service top notch. And based on the survey carried out early this year putting into consideration parameters like availability of the network, call success rate (CSSR) , call drop, congestion etc . MTN still has the best network in the country.
The promo and cheaper calls by competitors is to attract more subscribers and have more on net calls that's all.They are still interested in making profit like MTN. Giving money to individuals isn't MTN'S way of rewarding customers. Find out about MTN community projects in your area, they are indeed doing a lot.
Magic number is a product we introduced but was really abused by customers. MTN has its own fault too. When we introduced magic number we are intrested in letting people call just one number for free for a whole month but the traffic(Erlang) on the network became so much in weeks that our network became congested 24/7. Nigerians love to talk but when a call runs into hours between two individuals and people having FOUR IN ONE PHONES all with MTN line, we had to suspend this product until the network is ready to sustain such long hour calls that prevents other subscribers from clamping onto the network.
It is amazing how Nigerians easily forgot that eleven years ago, NITEL was the only operator and Nigerians were going through hell to communicate.  If we all remember M-tel actually offered the cheapest calls immediately they took off but it was not sustainable then and we all know what happened to m-tel just a few years later. In fact dstv a SA company Nigerians refer to as a rip off too is the only pay tv that actually has more Nigerian content even when they didn't have the premiership. We all also know that they also have the best quality in terms off pictures and content. That is why dstv is still here and the same reason is why mtn is still growing. If you offer cheap services that is not sustainable in the long run that is not a good business strategy. It is better for prices to come down as market forces and other variables dictate.
Before I forget the per second billing issue. MTN launched their network in Nigeria with per minute billing, in a few months customers asked for per second billing. In fact they were already working on changing their entire billing system within a short while (which will cost money) of launching their network before GLO came out with per second billing. I hope we all know that competitors monitor one another and study the market. GLO coming out first with per second billing is just a company that did her home work well before coming out.
All GSM companies are trying to make profit and calling one a rip off or slandering one isn't the way to go. WHAT YOU EXPERIENCED AS POOR QUALITY OF SERVICE FROM ONE VENDOR IS BEING EXPERIENCED BY A SUBSCRIBER ON THE OTHER NETWORK YOU ARE PLANNING TO MIGRATE TO.

Seun pls, make available the dislike button. I wanted to dislike this off target response to MTN arm robbery attacks one billion times angry angry
Re: Should Any Sensible Person Be On The MTN Network? by forkadict(m): 10:25am On Jun 07, 2011
^^^^ You suppose try understand for the guy now. Na MTN dey feed am so him no get choice.
Re: Should Any Sensible Person Be On The MTN Network? by rareman(m): 10:58am On Jun 07, 2011
but why is everyone here bad mouthing MTN, it's not fair at all, here is someone's business, in the 1st they did not force u to their network, they are not reaping anybody off, u have a choice to make, there are several network abound here in Nigeria u can make use any. There is no law in Nigeria that says if u don't use MTN u will be die. There are better things to talk about, phcn is not working yet u pay them and they still collect from ur tax yet u ve not complained. I think we should use this energy to attack those withholding our power. To me if u think MTN is reaping u off try phcn.
Re: Should Any Sensible Person Be On The MTN Network? by hillsate: 11:44am On Jun 07, 2011
Guys, like i said earlier we need to put our grievances here to action. Please can we visit online nigerian newspapers and post the link of this discussions so that people can access them and probably the media can put them on their pages?
what do we think?
Re: Should Any Sensible Person Be On The MTN Network? by tollu: 12:55pm On Jun 07, 2011
Nigerians! We are a class unto our own selves. If you guys are not satisfied, what then are you doing on the network? What?A whole lot of you do not like change of any sort, all you know how to do is complain.Before April 2011, we were complaining about the PDP government. Any outsider would have sworn PDP would never get into the seat of power but what did we see when results came? Goodluck as your president.

The truth is you guys like to suffer and complain, it must be some kind of mind altering drug to you. If something doesn't work, you furking change it especially when there are so many alternatives.

Now, I work with MTN n this would most definitely be seen as disloyal but the truth is once I resign from their job in a couple of months, I leave their network for them.There's no excuse for poor quality of service or customer dissatisfaction because these Telcos all have the same challenges.Guys you have a choice, matter of fact you have many choices. Don't try to force square pegs in round holes, it won't fit.
Re: Should Any Sensible Person Be On The MTN Network? by kayol4life: 1:08pm On Jun 07, 2011
Na wa o! MTN GO SOON FINISH FOR DIS COUNTRY.
Re: Should Any Sensible Person Be On The MTN Network? by shayman(m): 2:42pm On Jun 07, 2011
just one question guys, what happens if MTN revenue got soooo bad and they introduce 18k sec tarriff to all network in naija and abroad as part of celebration for their 10th year anniversary in naija Would this hatred stop??,
Re: Should Any Sensible Person Be On The MTN Network? by forkadict(m): 3:04pm On Jun 07, 2011
rareman:

but why is everyone here bad mouthing MTN, it's not fair at all, here is someone's business, in the 1st they did not force u to their network, they are not reaping anybody off, u have a choice to make, there are several network abound here in Nigeria u can make use any. There is no law in Nigeria that says if u don't use MTN u will be die. There are better things to talk about, phcn is not working yet u pay them and they still collect from your tax yet u ve not complained. I think we should use this energy to attack those withholding our power. To me if u think MTN is reaping u off try phcn.

Yes you are right, we have several options apart from MTN. Many of us (those who have complained on the preceeding pages) have started exploiting these other options. For me personally (and i believe for a good number of us too) it took us time before we soji ourselves. I am only pained because  (MTN) took me for a ride for a very long time.
About PHCN. Who told you that we haven't complained?? Do you read newspapers at all? Even if you don't, don't you watch political programs on television? Guy, PEOPLE DON COMPLAIN TIRE FOR PHCN in every single medium available, print, electronic, whatever. Our corrupt leaders are too clueless and corrupt to tackle the power issue. Only God can help us out now. We had the opportunity to effect a change in April but what do we have, nigerians still returned the same corrupt set of fooooools to office. If i ask you who you voted for as president, I'll be surprised if you don't tell me JEJ. Please lets not turn this into a political discussion.That is a very volatile issue on Nairaland.

tollu:

Nigerians! We are a class unto our own selves. If you guys are not satisfied, what then are you doing on the network? What?A whole lot of you do not like change of any sort, all you know how to do is complain.Before April 2011, we were complaining about the PDP government. Any outsider would have sworn PDP would never get into the seat of power but what did we see when results came? Goodluck as your president.

The truth is you guys like to suffer and complain, it must be some kind of mind altering drug to you. If something doesn't work, you furking change it especially when there are so many alternatives.

Now, I work with MTN n this would most definitely be seen as disloyal but the truth is once I resign from their job in a couple of months, I leave their network for them.There's no excuse for poor quality of service or customer dissatisfaction because these Telcos all have the same challenges.Guys you have a choice, matter of fact you have many choices. Don't try to force square pegs in round holes, it won't fit.

I have already found an alternative. I am now so cool with my etisalat. So even if MTN increases their forking rate to one thousand naira per second, na dem sabi. You may be right about people not liking change of any sort. I make bold to state that i aint one of them. Despite how politically non challant i am, i still took time to go vote in april and i didnt vote for PDP. So you see, i got fed up with mtn and i changed pronto to Etisalat. I got fed up with PDP (I still am) and i voted for CPC but God knows best.
Re: Should Any Sensible Person Be On The MTN Network? by Damon03(m): 10:32pm On Aug 19, 2012
Should any sensible person ask this question? If u dont want to use mtn then dont use it, na by force?? but pls dont come here and start crying like a little baby and yabing everyone using mtn. I have all the 4 networks and right now i'm browsing wit etisalat but its so nt comfortable cos of their crappy ntwork, and airtel, glo are no better they are all useless. I used to love glo bt they ar just a big disappointment. Mtn is nt so good bt its still the best option for some of us. And if u're nt down wit that then u can go hug a transformer for all i care. Useless thread!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Samsung Told Me The Phone I Bought From Jumia Is A Fake China Device – Angry Man / How To Screenshot On Tecno W3???? / Samsung Galaxy J7 Pro Price In Nigeria (jumia & Slot)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.