Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,842 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:33 AM

How Do You Treat The " The Unworthy Among Us" - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Do You Treat The " The Unworthy Among Us" (156 Views)

My Mother And Brother Does Not Approve Of The Way I Treat The Gateman / How Do You Treat A Girlfriend That Tells You That She Cheated On You? / How Do You Treat Heartache? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Do You Treat The " The Unworthy Among Us" by sirjamesjnr(m): 12:35pm On Jul 17, 2021
READ CAREFULLY
The verdict given by a judge to the thief...
A 15-year-old was caught stealing from a store in America. In an attempt to escape, the boy also destroyed a shelf...
After the judge heard the case, the boy asked:
"- Did you really steal something? Did you steal bread and cheese and destroy the shelf? ′′
The boy, embarrassed, with his head bowed, replied:
"- Yes ".
Judge: ′′ Why did you steal? ′′
Boy: ′′ I needed ".
Judge: ′′ You couldn't buy them instead of stealing?"
Boy: ′′ I had no money ′′
Judge: ′′ You could have asked your parents for money ′′
Boy: ′′ I only have my mother who is sick in bed and has no business. For her I stole the bread and cheese ′′
Judge: ′′ You don't do anything, you don't have a job? ′′
Boy: ′′ I worked in a car wash. Took the day off to help my mom and that's why I was fired. ′′ ′′
Judge: ′′ You weren't looking for something else to work elsewhere?"
After the end of the conversation with the boy, the judge announced the verdict:
′′ Stealing, especially stealing bread, is a very shameful crime. And here we are all responsible for this murder. Everyone present in this room today including myself are responsible for this murder...
So everyone present will pay a fine of $ 10 Nobody will leave here until they give $ 10 ′′
Judge took a $ 10 bill out of his pocket, took a pen and started writing:
′′ Furthermore, I have fined the owner of the store concerned who handed the hungry boy $ 1.000 to the police. If the fine is not paid within an hour, the store will remain closed."
Everyone present apologized to the boy and gave him all the money raised...
The judge left the courtroom hiding his tears...
After hearing the verdict, those present in the room had eyes full of tears...
I wonder if our society, our system, our courts could get such a verdict...
The judge added: ′′ If a person is caught stealing bread, all community, society and state people should be ashamed!"
Source: internet.
How do you feel when you see helpless people around you? Extend your hand to someone today. Lift others, eget why

(1) (Reply)

Daily Relationship Dose By Ernest Hemingway / Ways Society Destroys Marriage Story By Beady Nnanna, / Are You Looking For Good Wife, Husband Or Financial Help? Join Forum Now. No F

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.