Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,264 members, 7,811,748 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:44 PM

My Pet Snake - Pets (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / My Pet Snake (41778 Views)

US Police Shoot 18ft Pet Snake As It Strangled Its Owner To Death (Pics) / My Pet Snake / Man Strangled To Death By His Pet Snake In Ghana (Photos,video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Pet Snake by musicwriter(m): 5:11pm On Jul 18, 2021
wisestman:
There is a reason why it is called a reptile.
There is also a reason why other fellow animals avoid it like a plague even though it's non venomous.
There is also a reason why the devil chose to use this particular creature and even has it as a nickname.
Why can't you guys just get a normal pet for God's sake? Must u have a pet? angry

RisenJoe:
Vagina people always playing with snake, we neva talk about garden of Eden finish and how snake deceived Eve, na him you wan do season 2 of garden of Eden.....

There's nothing devilish about the snake. It's just like every other animal. And indeed it's one of the most friendly creature.

The Adam and Eve story in your bible is an allegory not a real event. The snake represent an advocate for new knowledge not evil. However, White people misunderstood the story and used it to blackmail black people as evil. And that's the origin of our problem as a people. If you're a black, the bible was written to blackmail you and you don't know!!

The character called Satan is the first and only real savior and was represented as black. Christ is white man's version of same thing but theirs is fake.

For details, see what is Satan? What is Lucifer? https://www.africason.com/2021/07/what-is-satan.html?m=1

2 Likes

Re: My Pet Snake by ShoeShineGuy: 5:16pm On Jul 18, 2021
ifedohlahpoh:

Came home yesterday and saw this on my doorstep. I researched and found it's non venomous. I wish to keep it as a pet.
Any advice?
Awww...
It's the majestic and awesome good guy. A member of the diversified Kingsnakes. Quite fearless 100% non-venomous snakes that are highly efficient at eating highly venomous snakes for lunch. Rattlesnakes are even on their menu!

Funny and as well, strange enough, they're mostly immuned to other snakes' venoms! To cap it all, they are docile and easy to train as pet.

For those who hate snakes, just check out these guys' profile, walahi, àya yín á já. Nor be lie, check am... grin

1 Like

Re: My Pet Snake by Nobody: 5:17pm On Jul 18, 2021
musicwriter:

There's nothing devilish about the snake. It's just like every other animal. And indeed it's one of the most friendly creature.

Apologies bro but you are not making much sense.

Snake is friendly in which planet? Please show me proof that Cobras and Vipers are friendly. I'm interested in where you got that fallacy from.

And FYI, this poll was conducted in USA whose population is about 300 million.
Just a bit over half of the population fear snakes.

Snakes are creepy creatures and anyone who loves to keep them around as a pet will definitely come across as weird to atleast half the population of a country like the US not even Nigeria this time around.

To each his own. If you loves snakes good for you. But don't try to call a spade a shovel or paint water in a different colour.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/1891/snakes-top-list-americans-fears.aspx#:~:text=According%20to%20that%20survey%2C%2056,%2C%20compared%20with%2036%25%20today.

Cheers.

2 Likes

Re: My Pet Snake by Geniero: 5:20pm On Jul 18, 2021
Let us know before hand

1 Like

Re: My Pet Snake by profmallor: 5:20pm On Jul 18, 2021
and why would you want to keep it?. When you didnt have it did you die?
Re: My Pet Snake by ShoeShineGuy: 5:21pm On Jul 18, 2021
Beloved3:

Snake is friendly in which planet? Please show me proof that Cobras and Vipers are friendly. I'm interested in where you got that fallacy from.

Snakes are creepy creatures and anyone who loves to keep them around as a pet will definitely come across as weird to atleast half the population of a country like the US not to mention Nigeria.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/1891/snakes-top-list-americans-fears.aspx#:~:text=According%20to%20that%20survey%2C%2056,%2C%20compared%20with%2036%25%20today.

Cheers.

Generalisation is a big problem. It's the same issue disturbing us humans when it comes to the issue of race. Empower yourself with information!
Re: My Pet Snake by harmony75: 5:21pm On Jul 18, 2021
If it's a baby snake yes but adult snake you have not known can change it for you o pls do away with it for your safety!
Re: My Pet Snake by NLmopol(m): 5:22pm On Jul 18, 2021
ifedohlahpoh:

Came home yesterday and saw this on my doorstep. I researched and found it's non venomous. I wish to keep it as a pet.
Any advice?

Use your head ooo lalasticlala dey use one eye look you oooo, na why your post reach front page o
grin grin
If the snake suddenly lost, na him kill am... I no call person name ooo before una go talk say na me say lala Dey thief snake grin grin

The snake looks beautiful tho
Re: My Pet Snake by NairaMaster1(m): 5:24pm On Jul 18, 2021
ifedohlahpoh:

Any advice?

Don't try this at home.

There are no little snakes. All snakes are poisonous.
Re: My Pet Snake by Nobody: 5:27pm On Jul 18, 2021
ShoeShineGuy:

Generalisation is a big problem. It's the same issue disturbing us humans when it comes to the issue of race. Empower yourself with information!

When the Covid vaccines were proven effective did they test 150 million people?

Nope, they conduct test on a few and then bring forward deductions. In other words, they GENERALISED.

That's the science of Statistics and that's how it is done every where.

An inference from that stats will tell you that over half the population of people on earth do not like snakes.

Cheers.

1 Like

Re: My Pet Snake by musicwriter(m): 5:27pm On Jul 18, 2021
Beloved3:

Snakes are creepy creatures and anyone who loves to keep them around as a pet will definitely come across as weird to atleast half the population of a country like the US not even Nigeria this time around.

To each his own. If you loves snakes good for you. But don't try to call a spade a shovel or paint water in a different colour.

Cheers.

It's not surprising because fear of snake is a product of Western civilization. You need to go to India and conduct that poll. Ahhhh you may not even have to go to India because in parts of Anambra state, Enugu state, and other parts of the world snakes are seen in good light.
Re: My Pet Snake by ShoeShineGuy: 5:28pm On Jul 18, 2021
Re: My Pet Snake by SyIvalord: 5:29pm On Jul 18, 2021
ifedohlahpoh:

Any advice?
You can’t keep a wild snake as a pet even if it’s non venomous. You should let it go
Re: My Pet Snake by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jul 18, 2021
musicwriter:

It's not surprising because fear of snake is a product of Western civilization. You need to go to India and conduct that poll. Ahhhh you may not even have to go to India because in parts of Anambra state, Enugu state, and other parts of the world snakes are seen in good light.

Nope you are wrong. Chimps in the wild, the closest to humans in terms of intelligence hate snakes to the core.

They fear snakes extremely and make loud cries to warn off others when they sight a snake.

That tells you that the instinctive fear of snakes in humans precedes Western civilizations and the civilization in India or Anambra. Humans hated snakes from the beginning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcdJetqK9i8
Re: My Pet Snake by Awoleesu(m): 5:37pm On Jul 18, 2021
saxha:
The OP has stopped commenting. cry cry

Are you insinuating the snake pet has struck?
Re: My Pet Snake by sonofthunder: 5:38pm On Jul 18, 2021
ifedohlahpoh:

Any advice?

Is today April first?

Where do you plan to nurse him/her?
Re: My Pet Snake by Hallabee1(m): 5:38pm On Jul 18, 2021
aje...

okay oooo
Re: My Pet Snake by Daxguy(m): 5:41pm On Jul 18, 2021
The venomous ones are in tow. This one only came for recce.
Re: My Pet Snake by OLRAYS(m): 5:41pm On Jul 18, 2021
ifedohlahpoh:

I'm careful oooo grin
But it's getting friendly.... grin grin
Ahrrrh! Who sent Sapa ur way....na so Sapa sit down jeje..u wan go invite am make e come dine with u.... grin
Re: My Pet Snake by tuna85: 5:41pm On Jul 18, 2021
OlayemiAshraf:

Ehh ehhh ... Oya post a picture of you holding the snake ...I want to see something

grin
Re: My Pet Snake by notoriousbabe: 5:41pm On Jul 18, 2021
Your village people are going through your file, wait till them finish
Re: My Pet Snake by Munzy14(m): 5:42pm On Jul 18, 2021
Well na woman first interact with snake according to the bible...That interaction between Eve and a snake sha...No problems....Issa parley things...cheesy After all what are friends for.

Re: My Pet Snake by ifedohlahpoh(f): 5:43pm On Jul 18, 2021
SyIvalord:
You can’t keep a wild snake as a pet even if it’s non venomous. You should let it go

Yea. I've decided to release it.

2 Likes

Re: My Pet Snake by musicwriter(m): 5:43pm On Jul 18, 2021
Beloved3:

Nope you are wrong. Chimps in the wild, the closest to humans in terms of intelligence hate snakes to the core.

They fear snakes extremely and make loud cries to warn off others when they sight a snake.

That tells you that the instinctive fear of snakes in humans precedes Western civilizations and the civilization in India or Anambra. Humans hated snakes from the beginning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcdJetqK9i8

Chimpanzees also fear rats and any tiny creepy rodent. So the fear isn't because it's snake but that they have general fear for such animal. But even if Chimpanzees fear snake it doesn't mean that every animal or human civilization fear it.

In ancient Africa and in India and some parts of the world as I said earlier, the snake is seen in good light. Snakes are indeed pets in many homes around the world today.

If you're black, you're the gentle snake but you've been blackmailed as evil by white people. For details, see link in my previous post.

1 Like

Re: My Pet Snake by LoveJesus87(m): 5:44pm On Jul 18, 2021
ifedohlahpoh:

I'm careful oooo grin
But it's getting friendly.... grin grin
Na so e dey start. You no know say the guy wise pass you[color=#006600][/color] grin
Re: My Pet Snake by Chuksnkiri(m): 5:47pm On Jul 18, 2021
Ok
Re: My Pet Snake by neyoohhh: 5:49pm On Jul 18, 2021
Nigerians white peopling. Sleeping with animals on the bed, keeping pet snakes.

Y'all have a gloomy future if you don't stop this nonesense.

Wild animals should not be kept in captivity..

2 Likes

Re: My Pet Snake by lkillbrokehoes: 5:49pm On Jul 18, 2021
Girl you are just playing with your life
Re: My Pet Snake by duchaB(m): 5:50pm On Jul 18, 2021
ifedohlahpoh:

Any advice?

Lol.. this is an eel na not a snake.
Yes, you may keep it, be nice to it..

I think it's an evolving elemental..

But, someday, you may have to let it go..
Re: My Pet Snake by duchaB(m): 5:56pm On Jul 18, 2021
musicwriter:

The Adam and Eve story in your bible is an allegory not a real event. The snake represent an advocate for new knowledge not evil. However, White people misunderstood the story and used it to blackmail black people as evil. And that's the origin of our problem as a people. If you're a black, the bible was written to blackmail you and you don't know!!

The character called Satan is the first and only real savior and was represented as black. Christ is white man's version of same thing but theirs is fake.

For details, see what is Satan? What is Lucifer? https://www.africason.com/2021/07/what-is-satan.html?m=1

I concurr with your take on snakes and your take on Adam an eve.. But for the rest, seems you are convoluting concepts here..
Re: My Pet Snake by AlongCamePollie(m): 5:57pm On Jul 18, 2021
[quote author=ifedohlahpoh post=103824367]

grin grin grin

I'm still keeping distance.
You can't trust any snake[/quote

There's something [I can't seem to tell what] about that animal that seems to me to be the reason it's called "snake", and the name to me doesn't seem to go in any way with the apparently innocent word "pet".

grin grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Please What Breed Of Dog Is This? / Living With Neighbors That Hate Dog. / My Dog Is Possessed With An Unclean Spirit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.