Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,077 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:37 AM

Help Me Understand This Word Of Wisdom - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Help Me Understand This Word Of Wisdom (1040 Views)

How Can God Be Jealous Of Anything That He Created? Help Me Understand This Pls / Help Me Understand, I Love Islam But ..... / 40 Words Of Wisdom From The Bible!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Me Understand This Word Of Wisdom by Obakashdee(m): 6:56am On Jul 18, 2021
I read in a place, a Sunday school manual of one denomination that because the poor people have more mind to serve God and this causes God not to distribute wealth to all. I read it and was confused as to why he will do that.

Help me understand more?
Sense or not?
Re: Help Me Understand This Word Of Wisdom by Amotolongbo(f): 7:00am On Jul 18, 2021
Obakashdee:
I read in a place, a Sunday school manual of one denomination that because the poor people have more mind to serve God and this causes God not to distribute wealth to all. I read it and was confused as to why he will do that.

Help me understand more?
Sense or not?
No God distributes wealth, you are either born into it or work smartly applying the principles of wealth to get it

1 Like

Re: Help Me Understand This Word Of Wisdom by Kobojunkie: 7:06am On Jul 18, 2021
Obakashdee:

Help me understand more?
Sense or not?
Stop reading trash! undecided

Na the same Bible wey dey your own hand dey everyone else hand. No dey feed yourself on other people trash logic. Read and learn the Truth for your own self undecided

1 Like

Re: Help Me Understand This Word Of Wisdom by Obakashdee(m): 7:10am On Jul 18, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Stop reading trash! undecided

Na the same Bible wey dey your own hand dey everyone else hand. No dey feed yourself on other people trash logic. Read and learn the Truth for your own self undecided

Oga will I just open the Bible to genesis and start reading, don’t we need guide sometimes, this is a Sunday school manual of a church.
Re: Help Me Understand This Word Of Wisdom by Obakashdee(m): 7:11am On Jul 18, 2021
Amotolongbo:
No God distributes wealth, you are either born into it or work smartly to get it

So some people that worked smartly and the thing didn’t work out will be tagged as what?
Re: Help Me Understand This Word Of Wisdom by OlayemiAshraf(m): 7:13am On Jul 18, 2021
Righteousness2 .. your attention is needed
Re: Help Me Understand This Word Of Wisdom by Amotolongbo(f): 7:17am On Jul 18, 2021
Obakashdee:

So some people that worked smartly and the thing didn’t work out will be tagged as what?
then they are richer in knowledge. Without relenting, applying the knowledge may help them in subsequent work(s)
Re: Help Me Understand This Word Of Wisdom by Kobojunkie: 7:20am On Jul 18, 2021
Obakashdee:

Oga will I just open the Bible to genesis and start reading, don’t we need guide sometimes, this is a Sunday school manual of a church.
The very foundations of what you call churches are built on top of doctrines and traditions of men, LIES designed to help them control and seduce in the name of God, an abomination to God that deceives people away from the TRUTH of God - Matthew 15 vs 1-14 undecided

Can that which contradicts God be of God? Ofcourse not and that is why attending church or even listening to those so called Men of God increases your chances of spending eternity in Hell and not in Heaven. God and LIARS no dey mix at all. undecided

Jesus Christ never said you needed any guide to read your bible and he never prescribed for you a guide. So anyone telling you you need a guide has already fooled you into believing a lie that had nothing to do with the Truth of God.

Infact, what Jesus Christ said instead is that you use the understanding which you already have and when you do that, more will be given you. But if you refuse to use the little understanding you have, as you chase after guides and manuals to tell you how to know the Truth of God, even the little understanding you formally had will be taken away from you and given to others who have more - Matthew 25 vs 14 - 30
Re: Help Me Understand This Word Of Wisdom by AntiChristian: 7:27am On Jul 18, 2021
Kobojunkie but if a guide is not needed as you opined, then why did Paul have to write his letters...? Couldn't he have left the scripture as it was to be read and understood like that?
Re: Help Me Understand This Word Of Wisdom by Kobojunkie: 7:30am On Jul 18, 2021
AntiChristian:
Kobojunkie but if a guide is not needed as you opined, then why did Paul have to write his letters...? Couldn't he have left the scripture as it was to be read and understood like that?
What is wrong with Paul's letters? Did He suggest them as "guides" or "manuals" for those he indeed wrote to? undecided
Re: Help Me Understand This Word Of Wisdom by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:37am On Jul 18, 2021
The true God wants all those in his kingdom to have the best life ever so he's not partial.

The God of this system of things is Satan {2Corinthians 4:4} unlike the true God who opens His hands to bless all {Matthew 5:45} Satan is the wicked God {1John 5:19} he gives riches only to those worshiping him! Luke 4:6-7

But in God's own Kingdom nobody will be poorer or richer than others, there's going to be equity in all things. That's why Jesus asked us to continue praying for God's Kingdom to come for His will (impartiality) to reign throughout the earth! Matthew 6:10

God bless you and may you have PEACE! smiley
Re: Help Me Understand This Word Of Wisdom by Obakashdee(m): 7:40am On Jul 18, 2021
Amotolongbo:
then they are richer in knowledge. Without relenting, applying the knowledge may help them in subsequent work(s)
Hmm ok nice motivator
Re: Help Me Understand This Word Of Wisdom by Splinz(m): 9:03am On Jul 18, 2021
Obakashdee:

Help me understand more?
Sense or not
?

Okay, now understand the mind of God on wealth & prosperity for His people:

The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly. (John 10:10).

Think of all that makes life worth living: money, prosperity, peace, comfort etc, and be assured that it is God's own pleasure to give you these things abundantly.

And lastly:
Beloved, I pray that you may prosper in all things and be in health, just as your soul prospers (III John 1:2)

Just like Jesus said already, it is God's will that you prosper in all things. ALL means every area of your life is covered.

But of course, God requires something of you in order to enjoy His bountiful blessings, and that is:
But if you want to enter into life, keep the commandments (Matthew 19:17)

Now you understand.
Re: Help Me Understand This Word Of Wisdom by AntiChristian: 10:42am On Jul 18, 2021
Kobojunkie:
What is wrong with Paul's letters? Did He suggest them as "guides" or "manuals" for those he indeed wrote to? undecided

So why are the letters called scripture if not as a guide?
Re: Help Me Understand This Word Of Wisdom by Kobojunkie: 10:51am On Jul 18, 2021
AntiChristian:
So why are the letters called scripture if not as a guide?
They are called scripture because they relate to God and not because they are meant as guides. The only guide provided us in Scripture is the Word of God, God's Law and Truth - the standard by which we are to live. Everything else contained in scripture is subject to verification against the Truth. undecided

So, for instance, what you read from the letters written by the apostles, even Paul, are meant to be validated against the standard, God's Word, before it can be considered truth or an opinion expressed. undecided
Re: Help Me Understand This Word Of Wisdom by Splinz(m): 11:11am On Jul 18, 2021
Kobojunkie:
[s]They are called scripture because they relate to God and not because they are meant as guides.[/s] The only guide provided us in Scripture is the Word of God, God's Law and Truth - the standard by which we are to live. [s]Everything else contained in scripture is subject to verification against the Truth[/s]. undecided

[s]So, for instance, what you read from the letters written by the apostles, even Paul, are meant to be validated against the standard, God's Word, before it can be considered truth or an opinion expressed. [/s] undecided

So the one provided by Paul and others through inspiration are Satan's word?

You know nothing about the scriptures. Refrained from making mockery of God's word.
Re: Help Me Understand This Word Of Wisdom by AntiChristian: 11:19am On Jul 18, 2021
Kobojunkie:
They are called scripture because they relate to God and not because they are meant as guides. The only guide provided us in Scripture is the Word of God, God's Law and Truth - the standard by which we are to live. Everything else contained in scripture is subject to verification against the Truth. undecided

So, for instance, what you read from the letters written by the apostles, even Paul, are meant to be validated against the standard, God's Word, before it can be considered truth or an opinion expressed. undecided

I get your point and i get why some here will call you names. You are separating God's word and men's!

But the Christian belief is that the whole Bible is scripture hence a manual or guide! So which is God's word or not?
Re: Help Me Understand This Word Of Wisdom by Obakashdee(m): 1:07pm On Jul 18, 2021
Splinz:

Now you understand.

No because the question wasn’t answered
Re: Help Me Understand This Word Of Wisdom by Splinz(m): 1:42pm On Jul 18, 2021
Obakashdee:

No because the question wasn’t answered

It has been answered. Let's further break it down.

The notion that God does not distribute wealth to everyone because those without wealth serves Him better is nothing but falsehood. As you've been shown from scriptures, God desires His children to prosper in all areas of their lives; to live abundantly.

What you read from that manual is wrong and should be discarded. Whoever teaches that God is anti-wealth for His people is teaching lies.

Do you understand now?
Re: Help Me Understand This Word Of Wisdom by Kobojunkie: 3:15pm On Jul 18, 2021
AntiChristian:

I get your point and i get why some here will call you names. You are separating God's word and men's!

But the Christian belief is that the whole Bible is scripture hence a manual or guide! So which is God's word or not?
What you parrot is not the Christian belief since Jesus Christ is the Law that Christian's are called to follow and He never preached the Bible to anyone nor did He command any of His followers to obey anyone but Himself. undecided

Those who believe in doctrines and traditions which fill them up with lies proclaiming the Bible is inerrant do so in direct disobedience of Jesus Christ's own Law which condemns the doctrines and traditions of men as an abomination to God. undecided

God's Word is every Word out of God's mouth either through His prophets, or through Jesus Christ. undecided
Re: Help Me Understand This Word Of Wisdom by Obakashdee(m): 5:37pm On Jul 18, 2021
Splinz:

It has been answered. Let's further break it down.

The notion that God does not distribute wealth to everyone because those without wealth serves Him better is nothing but falsehood. As you've been shown from scriptures, God desires His children to prosper in all areas of their lives; to live abundantly.

What you read from that manual is wrong and should be discarded. Whoever teaches that God is anti-wealth for His people is teaching lies.

Do you understand now?

Yes it’s answered
Thanks
Re: Help Me Understand This Word Of Wisdom by Splinz(m): 5:51pm On Jul 18, 2021
Obakashdee:

Yes it’s answered
Thanks

You're welcome.

1 Like

Re: Help Me Understand This Word Of Wisdom by achorladey: 6:35pm On Jul 18, 2021
Obakashdee:

Help me understand more?
Sense or not?

From the comments so far and just as you have stated, your questions have been answered. Balance is key in areas like this. The reason the saying of Agur son of Jakeh from Massa comes to mind

Two things I ask of you, Lord; do not refuse me before I die: 8 Keep falsehood and lies far from me; give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread. 9 Otherwise, I may have too much and disown you and say, ‘Who is the Lord?’ Or I may become poor and steal, and so dishonor the name of my God.

Balance matters!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

What Do The Hausas Call God In Their Language / Which Is The Strongest In Destroying Man's Life Or Destiny Is It Sex Or Masturba / Why Give To The Poor?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.