Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,329 members, 7,836,394 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:04 AM

Why We Igbos Must Purge Ourselves From This Money Worshipping Virus - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why We Igbos Must Purge Ourselves From This Money Worshipping Virus (3336 Views)

Purge Yourself Of Greed For Power – Omehia Blasts Wike / Nnamdi Kanu's Statement About Apostle Suleman & Igbos Worshipping In His Church / Osinbajo Worshipping In Church In 1995 (Tony Rapu's Throwback Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why We Igbos Must Purge Ourselves From This Money Worshipping Virus by aribisala0(m): 7:38pm On Jul 18, 2021
History555:

It's wrong to say lgbos engage in money worshipping because of the audacious display of wealth by obi cubana.
Cubana did not do half of what mike adenuga or razak okoya did. Yet no one accused yorubas of wealth display

For every obi cubana, there are thousands of lgbos with money, you have neva heard off and don't engage in display of money. Cosharis, peter obi, orjiakor have money but no one hears of them.

Secondly a man with 1 million can be unnecessarily loud and boastful while another with 1 billion can be quite. That lgbo chap that sold his coy to apple, how many times have you heard of him. There is an old man from imo with 46 properties in London, yet until i worked briefly for him in London, i have neva heard of the man.

Prior to now, i like most people have neva heard of obi cubana. Every one might have heard of Cubana chief priest and assumed he owns cubana club.

There is this lgbo man that have the largest number of chalets for short term let in lagos, very rich but many have neva heard of him.

If anyone has made it tribal it is Ibos

Not just here but in any area of life when an Ibo man does something wrong and is criticized Ibos immediately rqlly round and ignore the issues and start portraying it as an attack on Ibos.

There are countless examples of this

This is a fundamental and core trait of dishonesty and clannishness.

I am critical of what I saw.
Much of what I am critical f did not involve the Cubana man directly but his guest and what I see as the obscene display of money

I would say the same thing about a Yoruba.
I can say with pride that Yoruba will criticize their own but Ibos will support any and everything once an Ibo is involved

Some are even trying to tell us this is Ibo culture

2 Likes

Re: Why We Igbos Must Purge Ourselves From This Money Worshipping Virus by jimyjames(m): 7:39pm On Jul 18, 2021
MrColdsweat:

Money is not the problem. The problem is the worship of money and the desperation of an average igbo man.
The worship of money and the desperation of an average igbo man, is the reason 20 pounds turned most igbos to millionaires and billionaires , if not igbos could have remained the poorest tribe in Nigeria like they were in 1970

3 Likes

Re: Why We Igbos Must Purge Ourselves From This Money Worshipping Virus by Nobody: 7:39pm On Jul 18, 2021
vasel15:

Keep crying while I keep saying the truth, we igbos worship money, don't you see our wedding list

This is one of the reason I keep Insisting everyone should mind their own state because it is now a norm to come online and be spewing trash.

The burial happened in Anambra and that's how it used to be whether big or small.....and Anambra people have never complained for ages...

Bikonu for once you guys should face your states and failures of your leaders

We are not running a monarchy but federal system with each state independent on their own.

When you reach Ohanaeze meeting, discuss cultural issues there.
Re: Why We Igbos Must Purge Ourselves From This Money Worshipping Virus by Nobody: 7:42pm On Jul 18, 2021
vasel15:

I actually defeated all those fools on twitter, I finished them all, I am a nairaland trained militant, wetin be twitter? I will still stand on the truth, we must stop worshipping money and don't be stupid, cubana is a politician, didn't you see Peter obi and politicians there?

I am not poor and I am not hungry, I am comfortable

Go and build the roads in your state and all this things you mentioned before eburu uchu naa mmuo.

Go and develop your state. Igbo no be state...ndi ala.
Re: Why We Igbos Must Purge Ourselves From This Money Worshipping Virus by aribisala0(m): 7:44pm On Jul 18, 2021
jimyjames:

The worship of money and the desperation of an average igbo man, is the reason 20 pounds turned most igbos to millionaires and billionaires , if not igbos could have remained the poorest tribe in Nigeria like they were in 1970
lol

Most ibos are billionaires and millionaires?

The level of self deception is unparalleled?
Ibo land remains the poorest in Nigeria with the greatest number of internal refugees

3 Likes

Re: Why We Igbos Must Purge Ourselves From This Money Worshipping Virus by Nobody: 7:45pm On Jul 18, 2021
vasel15:

Look you can't be dining with politicians and have dusty roads and pot holes everywhere now tell me what is the point? I have no business with the way they spend their money me I am trying to cover their shame, igbos we say aku runo.. Would the fulanis stop governor ls from giving us BRT? Or a tech hub? I don't think so because that is not an airport or seaport.

Would fulanis stop governors from Developing onicha water front? Look we have visionless people

The guy is a show biz man I understand but some things are not supposed to be the way it is and even your visitors would talk behind you.

Spray money but do it when we are like dubai and we must stop worshipping money in igbo land, it is OK to drive a Toyota

Leave Onitsha, go and develop your village.

Anambra no beg you to help them.

Go and tell your governors to develop your village

Onitsha no be your father's plot or property.
Re: Why We Igbos Must Purge Ourselves From This Money Worshipping Virus by jimyjames(m): 7:48pm On Jul 18, 2021
aribisala0:
lol

An average igbo trader has millions (naira)in his or her account yes most igbos are millionaires and billionaires

From the poorest tribe in Nigeria 1970 to the richest just with 20 pounds no tribe in Nigeria can achieve that
Re: Why We Igbos Must Purge Ourselves From This Money Worshipping Virus by aribisala0(m): 7:50pm On Jul 18, 2021
jimyjames:

An average igbo trader has millions (naira)in his or her account yes most igbos are millionaires and billionaires

From the poorest tribe in Nigeria 1970 to the richest just with 20 pounds no tribe in Nigeria can achieve that
Your problem is bigger than I thought

Most Ibos are millionaires and billionaires
You are the richest in Nigeria

Isorrrai

2 Likes

Re: Why We Igbos Must Purge Ourselves From This Money Worshipping Virus by jimyjames(m): 7:51pm On Jul 18, 2021
aribisala0:
Your problem is bigger than I thought

Most Ibos are millionaires and billionaires

Isorrrai
Yes that's exactly what I said cool
Re: Why We Igbos Must Purge Ourselves From This Money Worshipping Virus by aribisala0(m): 7:53pm On Jul 18, 2021
jimyjames:

Yes that's exactly what I said cool
I guess those scrambling and picking money at the burial were Yoruba

4 Likes

Re: Why We Igbos Must Purge Ourselves From This Money Worshipping Virus by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jul 18, 2021
vasel15:

Sit down there fulani own it, if fulani say they own oil for South na common Abuja them no own, which tribe would the gbagi tribe support? Maybe in future if they are wise because of the igbo businesses in their land they can decide to push the fulanis out because their economy would crash once igbos pull out from Abuja

Smartness in Nnamdi Kanu's Stupidity.

No wonder most of you keep hiding your states and be using igbo bla bla as backbone to write nonsense.

Go and do all these things in yours state...case closed.
Re: Why We Igbos Must Purge Ourselves From This Money Worshipping Virus by omoharry(f): 7:59pm On Jul 18, 2021
jimyjames:

Mumu was Lagos and Abuja ever destroyed in a civil war like igboland? Was cape Town Destroyed in a civil war?
Not even Lagos and Abuja can compete with cape Town

Whatever igbos have they did it individually with no help from anyone no self made igbo man owes you good roads in igbo land
The op said the truth . It’s just that you guys are too arrogant to accept the truth when you are being told one.
You guys worship money a lot . You have one of the worse roads but you all do not seem to care . You region is ravage with deep erosion and muddy road that are not motor-able but you guys don’t care . You just take delight in throwing money around just inform ur sick society (that is money driven ) that you have arrived or to show ur other rich friends that you are richer than them . Everything is all about the show and after that you travel back to Lagos or Abuja where u have built ur Mansions and leave ur erosion stricken state just the way you met it .

You have political friends but you only use them to show off and show ur society that u have connection .Then of what use are these politicians , if they cannot be use to effect change in ur community or society ?

How many of your suppose rich men have foundations that is created to sponsore young and intelligent Igbos sons and daughter through scholarship ?

How many good healthcare centers can you you guys boast of in Anambra? It’s not ur fault that you reason this way . You talk like this becos u are a product of this very sick society that the op is talking about .

You don’t even know that what the op is saying is what all of us should be reasoning about after what Obi Cubana did .

Ezego came and went but he left no legacy .The same thing applies to all the wealthy Igbos sons .What will be their legacy when they die ? Nothing .

People will only talk about how grand their burials were and how money was sprayed in the air for all to pick and food & drink available for all to drink but after that ,life goes on and the person becomes one of the dead.

Thank the op for talking sense im addressing this ill in our society as it appears we have all gone mad in Nigeria .

2 Likes

Re: Why We Igbos Must Purge Ourselves From This Money Worshipping Virus by jimyjames(m): 7:59pm On Jul 18, 2021
aribisala0:

I didn't say all igbos are rich I said most igbos are millionaires and billionaires

Besides free money is free money even if you have a million in your account, you will still pick money if the the sky rains money

2 Likes

Re: Why We Igbos Must Purge Ourselves From This Money Worshipping Virus by jimyjames(m): 8:07pm On Jul 18, 2021
omoharry:
The op said the truth . It’s just that you guys are too arrogant to accept the truth when you are being told one.
You guys worship money a lot . You have one of the worse roads but you all do not seem to care . You region is ravage with deep erosion and muddy road that are not motor-able but you guys don’t care . You just take delight in throwing money around just inform ur sick society (that is money driven ) that you have arrived or to show ur other rich friends that you are richer than them . Everything is all about the show and after that you travel back to Lagos or Abuja where u have built ur Madison and leave it erosion stricken state the way you left it .

You have political friends but you only use them to show off and yell ur society that u have connection .Then of what use are these politicians , if they cannot be use to effect change in ur society ?

How many of your suppose rich men have foundations that is created to sponsore young and intelligent Igbos sons and daughter through scholarship ?

How many good healthcare centers can you you guys boast of in Anambra? It’s not ur fault that you reason this way . You talk like this becos u are a product of this very sick society that the op is talking about .

You don’t even know that what the op is saying is what all of us should be reasoning about after what Obi Cubana did .

Ezego came and went but he left no legacy .The same thing applies to all the wealthy Igbos sons .What will be their legacy when they die ? Nothing .

People will only talk about how grand their burials were and how money was sprayed in the air for all to pick and food & drink available for all to drink but after that ,life goes on and the person becomes a just one of the dead.

Thank the op for talking sense into ya as it appears we have all gone mad in Nigeria .
My friend next time make your comment Shorter

Bad roads are everywhere in Nigeria, go to the communities of all the rich people in Nigeria their states and villages are bad

Don't blame individuals living their lives for what Nigerian government failed to do, every rich igbo man has a mansion in his village, did you see cubanas village mansion?

2 Likes

Re: Why We Igbos Must Purge Ourselves From This Money Worshipping Virus by djon78(m): 8:15pm On Jul 18, 2021
vasel15:

Enough with that 20 pounds crap do it when we are like Hong Kong or Singapore or even china

How can you be like Singapore and China you are ranting about when you don't even have the basic leadership for such development

You think Singapore and China fell from the sky?

It was all coordinated leadership

Chairman Mao set up the pathway for Chinas development we see today

While Lee quan yew developed Singapore being there prime minister for over 3 decades

You are the one to ask yourself soul searching question why there is not even one successful, developed black nation on the Earth

Leave the igbo man alone
The Igbo man don't owe you any explanation
After all the igbo man is under the rulership of Nigeria

The igbo man has done well for herself
We don't owe anyone any apology

As for no one wanting to marry Igbos
That one na story

Many Igbo parents frown at there children marrying outsiders

Because we respect marriage

Look at Obi Cubana
With all his success
He just has only one wife

It will be even ok if others leave us to be marrying ourselves

Our men and women are not even enough amongst us self

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why We Igbos Must Purge Ourselves From This Money Worshipping Virus by omoharry(f): 8:16pm On Jul 18, 2021
jimyjames:

My friend next time make your comment Shorter

Bad roads are everywhere in Nigeria, go to the communities of all the rich people in Nigeria their states and villages are bad

Don't blame individuals living their lives for what Nigerian government failed to do, every rich igbo man has a mansion in his village, did you see cubanas village mansion?
No. you don’t get it really . It’s practices like, that is responsible for most of our youth engaging in all kind of dark activities just to get quick money .
They too would like to be Rich like Obi & be able to throw money around too, so that they will also be the talk of the town .
If you think there is nothing wrong with these quest for fast cash and the various crimes these our young engage in just becos of this kind of practices & the societal pressure that comes with it , then there is no point prolonging this conversation with u .

2 Likes

Re: Why We Igbos Must Purge Ourselves From This Money Worshipping Virus by 7lives: 8:22pm On Jul 18, 2021
theTranslator:
When the vasel15 guy was steadily dishing out ipob propaganda he was a full blooded Igbo man
But when he's talking sense to them he is suddenly Fulani cheesy

Chai grin

Truth is bitter.
There's a proverb that said " when relatives gather behind a closed door and they all come out smiling and hugging each other, all they did behind the closed door is lied and deceived each other ".
" But the moment they started fighting, shouting and wrestling each right from behind the closed door, and everyone left in anger, the truth has been said and somany of them can't stand the truth ".

4 Likes

Re: Why We Igbos Must Purge Ourselves From This Money Worshipping Virus by jimyjames(m): 8:27pm On Jul 18, 2021
omoharry:
No. you don’t get it really . It’s practices like, that is responsible for most of our youth engaging in all kind of dark activities just to get quick money .
They too would like to be Rich like Obi & be able to throw money around too, so that they will also be the talk of the town .
If you think there is nothing wrong with these quest for fast cash and the various crimes these our young engage in just becos of this kind of practices & the societal pressure that comes with it , then there is no point prolonging this conversation with u .

There is absolutely nothing wrong with it, rich men throwing money around can't be held responsible for what all criminals do out there, everyone should cut their coat according to their size

No one has ever blamed people like Mayweather for buying a 2 million dollar wristwatch, or a 100 thousand dollar shoe's or a 3 million dollar necklace
Re: Why We Igbos Must Purge Ourselves From This Money Worshipping Virus by djon78(m): 8:29pm On Jul 18, 2021
aribisala0:
lol

Ibo land remains the poorest in Nigeria with the greatest number of internal refugees

Story

Then why have you all bleating and crying about because of what Obi Cubana did at Oba

Obi Cubana self na very small boy when it comes to money men in Anambra State

Obi Cubana no even reach 1st 500 of Rich individuals from Anambra State

Na just young boy we get small money and wanted to do some stunting

Una come dey cry online

Abeg make una shift one side

And money you see in the East
Na money made from hustling
Not people tied to government pocket thereby amassing wealth

Look at Obi Cubana
No link whatsoever with any government agency or deal

Call your so called other big men I will tell you how they amassed wealth from government

2 Likes

Re: Why We Igbos Must Purge Ourselves From This Money Worshipping Virus by aribisala0(m): 8:31pm On Jul 18, 2021
djon78:

Story

Then why have you all bleating and crying about because of what Obi Cubana did at Oba

Obi Cubana self na very small boy when it comes to money men in Anambra State

Obi Cubana no even reach 1st 500 of Rich individuals from Anambra State

Na just young boy we get small money and wanted to do some stunting

Una come dey cry online

Abeg make una shift one side

And money you see in the East
Na money made from hustling
Not people tied to government pocket thereby amassing wealth

Look at Obi Cubana
No link whatsoever with any government agency or deal

Call your so called other big men I will tell you how they amassed wealth from government

You sound illiterate.

Go to school and get educated

2 Likes

Re: Why We Igbos Must Purge Ourselves From This Money Worshipping Virus by 7lives: 8:36pm On Jul 18, 2021
aribisala0:

grin grin grin grin grin They are all millionaires, they are just catching fun.
Abeg let us enjoy this wanton display of stupidity.

2 Likes

Re: Why We Igbos Must Purge Ourselves From This Money Worshipping Virus by djon78(m): 8:39pm On Jul 18, 2021
omoharry:
You guys worship money a lot . You have one of the worse roads but you all do not seem to care . You region is ravage with deep erosion and muddy road that are not motor-able but you guys don’t care . You just take delight in throwing money around just inform ur sick society (that is money driven ) that you have arrived or to show ur other rich friends that you are richer than them . Everything is all about the show and after that you travel back to Lagos or Abuja where u have built ur Mansions and leave ur erosion stricken state just the way you met it .

You have political friends but you only use them to show off and show ur society that u have connection .Then of what use are these politicians , if they cannot be use to effect change in ur community or society ?

People will only talk about how grand their burials were and how money was sprayed in the air for all to pick and food & drink available for all to drink but after that ,life goes on and the person becomes one of the dead.

Thank the op for talking sense im addressing this ill in our society as it appears we have all gone mad in Nigeria .

You ain't making any sense

The Igbo man has contributed his quota to the development of his region

The igbos collectively built Imo airport while other places where built by the government

Nigerias major problem is a leadership problem

And the East has had unfortunate leaders

Moreover the East was neglected by the government at the center

This is one of the reasons that led to many youths in the East buying into Ipob propaganda

It's a leadership problem that will keep on bedeviling the nation once we are still under one rulership

But the average Igbo man has done well for himself

2 Likes

Re: Why We Igbos Must Purge Ourselves From This Money Worshipping Virus by 7lives: 8:39pm On Jul 18, 2021
jimyjames:

I didn't say all igbos are rich I said most igbos are millionaires and billionaires

Besides free money is free money even if you have a million in your account, you will still pick money if the the sky rains money

I rest my case
Re: Why We Igbos Must Purge Ourselves From This Money Worshipping Virus by djon78(m): 8:42pm On Jul 18, 2021
aribisala0:

You sound illiterate.

Go to school and get educated

Look at someone calling someone illiterate

I laugh in Swahili

Go and look yourself in the mirror of life and you will find that you are highly deficient and inadequate

Mr literate
Re: Why We Igbos Must Purge Ourselves From This Money Worshipping Virus by jimyjames(m): 8:46pm On Jul 18, 2021
7lives:

I rest my case
Good tongue
Re: Why We Igbos Must Purge Ourselves From This Money Worshipping Virus by aribisala0(m): 8:47pm On Jul 18, 2021
djon78:

Look at someone calling someone illiterate

I laugh in Swahili

Go and look yourself in the mirror of life and you will find that you are highly deficient and inadequate

Mr literate
Highly?
look myself?

Onye amaru akukwo

Guy go to school you are embarrassing yourself

2 Likes

Re: Why We Igbos Must Purge Ourselves From This Money Worshipping Virus by djon78(m): 8:58pm On Jul 18, 2021
aribisala0:

Highly?
look myself?

Onye amaru akukwo

Guy go to school you are embarrassing yourself

Oga you don't have anything to say

Go and get yourself a good education

Before you come out to talk

You can't even type Igbo words well and you call yourself educated

Mr literate
Re: Why We Igbos Must Purge Ourselves From This Money Worshipping Virus by aribisala0(m): 9:09pm On Jul 18, 2021
djon78:

Oga you don't have anything to say

Go and get yourself a good education

Before you come out to talk

You can't even type Igbo words well and you call yourself educated

Mr literate
I like Ibos you are very obstinate and have plenty of front even when talking nonsense

You are correct
I had nothing to say to you till you popped up with your vapid opinions
I still have nothing to say to you.
You are illiterate and there is no prospect on intellectual commerce.
So just diffuse ...... like a bad smell.
Re: Why We Igbos Must Purge Ourselves From This Money Worshipping Virus by vasel15: 9:17pm On Jul 18, 2021
Juliusmalema:

No wonder most of you keep hiding your states and be using igbo bla bla as backbone to write nonsense.

Are you drunk? Them release you for cage? Don't bite me sha make I no break your teeth. Lol
Re: Why We Igbos Must Purge Ourselves From This Money Worshipping Virus by vasel15: 9:19pm On Jul 18, 2021
omoharry:

Thank you for standing on the truth and I wonder why the matter have been turned into a tribal war for me I am talking to my people as an igbo man that really understand the pressure

2 Likes

Re: Why We Igbos Must Purge Ourselves From This Money Worshipping Virus by Nobody: 9:19pm On Jul 18, 2021
vasel15:

Are you drunk? Them release you for cage? Don't bite me sha make I no break your teeth. Lol

Ana akogheli

Re: Why We Igbos Must Purge Ourselves From This Money Worshipping Virus by vasel15: 9:24pm On Jul 18, 2021
Juliusmalema:

Ana akogheli

I don't understand what this mumu is saying I am from Enugu state, speak English please or pidgin, I don't understand gibberish

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How IPOB Killed Labor Party Candidate Obiora Agbasimalo / Huge Crowd Sings, Dances And Follows Obi As He Walks Across The Street Of PH / Why Saraki And Sanusi Hijacked Intercontinental Bank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.