Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:03 AM

How Much Salary Is Enough For Good Living In Nigeria - Jobs/Vacancies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Much Salary Is Enough For Good Living In Nigeria (39511 Views)

How Much Salary Is Enough For Good Living In Nigeria; this Year 2023? / How Much Salary Increase Is Good Enough To Relocate To Another State In Nigeria? / How Much Salary Is Enough Salary In This Economy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Salary Is Enough For Good Living In Nigeria by Angelawhite(m): 5:31am On Jul 19, 2021
Connected1:
It seems like this forum is for the Rich.
If you earn above 150k monthly and you still say you are suffering in this Nigeria, I tell you God will punish you and you will rot in hell too.
There are millions of Nigerians who earn less than 50k a month, millions who feed from hand to mouth.
Nonsense People, you are suffering but when you see people you are doing well than, then you begin to have a feeling of superiority.
Abeg make all of una Get Out.
Nigerians are truly Hypocrites.

You’re taking it personal bro.There are a lot of responsibilities and bills to pay. The more you earn, the more you become responsible to yourself and to a lot of people. Unless you’re saying we shouldn’t take care of our parents and siblings

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Salary Is Enough For Good Living In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:36am On Jul 19, 2021
Angelawhite:

600k for Enugu is a big deal o. Cost of living in Enugu is relatively cheap. With 150k, you can cope comfortably in 042. I pay approximately 800k as rent for a 2 bedroom here in Lagos. Maybe food de chop my money wela as I never get time to cook
Kai now I understand, my rent is 300k on a 3 bedroom flat which I consider a waste of space as I'm not married nor do I have any kids. I cook my own food or my parents ship to me from my family house grin so I barely eat out. Na just Bolt they chop my money and soon by Gods grace they won't see me again.

Now I understand why my friends who earn 400k in Lagos can't save anything.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Salary Is Enough For Good Living In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:39am On Jul 19, 2021
[quote author=grossintel post=103851248]Hmmmm, how una dey take manage for that Lagos self? I earn like 600k after everything I spend I save about 450k. I don't womanise, drink or party. The only thing I spend money on is Bolt and cloths. I live in Enugu BTW. [Which kind lie be all.dis

How do you mean? Why would I lie to random people on the internet?
Re: How Much Salary Is Enough For Good Living In Nigeria by sisisioge: 5:44am On Jul 19, 2021
Blueelf:

I doubt even a manager earns up to N6ook in top 4 firms Ma

Please do your research well

grin grin grin grin

Let me rest it.
Re: How Much Salary Is Enough For Good Living In Nigeria by Snowflakess: 5:52am On Jul 19, 2021
Life's funnuy Sha

Well cheers to us that earns 20k monthly

1 Like

Re: How Much Salary Is Enough For Good Living In Nigeria by 234GT(m): 5:57am On Jul 19, 2021
FiverrTutor:

Bro pls how did u do it? I earn 366k monthly,35 years not married yet although i have about 4 plots of land in Portharcourt presently but no savings.

If you wanna build, you can sell 2 plots and use the proceeds to build on one plot,and still have 1 plot remaining.
Re: How Much Salary Is Enough For Good Living In Nigeria by Angelawhite(m): 6:16am On Jul 19, 2021
sinkhole:
whether you believe or not, I have my car and my house smiley
And you don’t have side hustle ? That story is difficult to believe
Re: How Much Salary Is Enough For Good Living In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:54am On Jul 19, 2021
Snowflakess:
Life's funnuy Sha

Well cheers to us that earns 20k monthly
It's okay to earn this low, many of us started from there. Years back na 10k my salary be, just remember to keep aiming higher and not get comfortable or used to it. With time life will turn out better.

3 Likes

Re: How Much Salary Is Enough For Good Living In Nigeria by Connected1: 7:30am On Jul 19, 2021
Angelawhite:

You’re taking it personal bro.There are a lot of responsibilities and bills to pay. The more you earn, the more you become responsible to yourself and to a lot of people. Unless you’re saying we shouldn’t take care of our parents and siblings

Yeah, It kinda seemed personal,
Don't say you are suffering, I know the more you earn the more your expenses multiply.
Anyone who can afford a full 3 Square meal in this country isn't suffering.
Re: How Much Salary Is Enough For Good Living In Nigeria by hyzich(m): 7:31am On Jul 19, 2021
Angelawhite:

Lol. Cost of things nah. You’ve got take care of parents and siblings and pay some bills too

leave them oo, they believe that as singles we don't have things to cater for. some of us are writing professional exams like CFA and we still have settle home as per first Child. The fact is that the higher you earn the more you spend. When i was earning 140k i used to think i will be fine once my pay moves to 300k but now with above 300k i still grumble. Lagos is really expensive. May God just help every one

2 Likes

Re: How Much Salary Is Enough For Good Living In Nigeria by BarrSly: 8:02am On Jul 19, 2021
Wow you are a lawyer too i sight that. Yes the Rules of Professional Conduct (RPC) prevents lawyers from conducting any other business along side the profession but abeg eeeeee survival is the main thing...

SageX1444:
But the CoC of the profession doesn't allow, does it?
Re: How Much Salary Is Enough For Good Living In Nigeria by Angelawhite(m): 8:21am On Jul 19, 2021
Connected1:

Yeah, It kinda seemed personal,
Don't say you are suffering, I know the more you earn the more your expenses multiply.
Anyone who can afford a full 3 Square meal in this country isn't suffering.

Well, I wouldn’t say I’m suffering and I wouldn’t say I’m comfortable with what I earn. That you’re comfortable earning 150k doesn’t mean another person should be comfortable earning 600k.

Different people, different dreams, different responsibilities.

The point everyone who posted their earnings is trying to make is that no amount is sufficient to be comfortable unless you’re considered rich
Re: How Much Salary Is Enough For Good Living In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:46am On Jul 19, 2021
BarrSly:
Wow you are a lawyer too i sight that. Yes the Rules of Professional Conduct (RPC) prevents lawyers from conducting any other business along side the profession but abeg eeeeee survival is the main thing...

No I'm not, but a student. I got wind of these things in year 1. Survival is sacrosanct and that's pushing me towards tech while I chase the degree. If the tech pays I'll just dump the LL.B aside.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Salary Is Enough For Good Living In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:58am On Jul 19, 2021
This is another Cubana's thread in disguise. With their salaries mentioned here, some people can pay my team of 4 & still have something left cheesy.

The most important is not being too comfortable with one's meagre salary. E go better.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Salary Is Enough For Good Living In Nigeria by BarrSly: 12:08pm On Jul 19, 2021
Smart guy!!

I’m a lawyer as well but I made most of my wealth from tech while still actively practicing. That way my seniors and colleagues don’t take advantage of me cause they know I’ve got the money all I need from them is legal practice experience then I set up my firm.

But with the way the country is going I might move back out of the country and not return.

SageX1444:
No I'm not, but a student. I got wind of these things in year 1. Survival is sacrosanct and that's pushing me towards tech while I chase the degree. If the tech pays I'll just dump the LL.B aside.
Re: How Much Salary Is Enough For Good Living In Nigeria by MummyD2020(f): 2:53pm On Jul 19, 2021
CodeTemplar:

Must we go abroad to manage?

Who doesnt manage? Warren buffet mannages. Abroad is more pronounced becos no body will give u anything. U need to stand firm on your own. Nigerians manage. I manage in my house
Re: How Much Salary Is Enough For Good Living In Nigeria by MummyD2020(f): 2:57pm On Jul 19, 2021
sinkhole:
Just as some thinking people have been saying, no amount is actually enough, but I earned 200k a month, I am married and my wife is not working.
I recently saved up and bought a car of around 2.3m naira, I have a plot of land with moderate building on it. I think I am not doing bad at all cheesy

Do u live in Lagos? I think u must be in a remote place to pull this stunts. Kudos to u

1 Like

Re: How Much Salary Is Enough For Good Living In Nigeria by Snowflakess: 3:12pm On Jul 19, 2021
grossintel:
It's okay to earn this low, many of us started from there. Years back na 10k my salary be, just remember to keep aiming higher and not get comfortable or used to it. With time life will turn out better.
Noted bro
Re: How Much Salary Is Enough For Good Living In Nigeria by MummyD2020(f): 3:13pm On Jul 19, 2021
peacenaija:

Lol, the amount you quoted is also struggling, I earn more than that as a single guy, I don’t smoke, womanise nor do pass myself but it’s still the same. The cost of living is really high this days

Honestly u need to have a rethink. U may think its not doable, na lie. Budget and take it out and live within the remaining. U are single. U need it more now becos when u marry, its going to double. What will u do then? U are living in luxury compared to many. Just try. Im surprised oh.. do automatic savings from the bank. Dont touch it. What will you do if you no longer receive it?
Re: How Much Salary Is Enough For Good Living In Nigeria by MummyD2020(f): 3:18pm On Jul 19, 2021
peacenaija:

I'm on a salary of almost 400k but I dare marriage cos I see the salary so meagre for it. Sincerely, I still struggle with this ’cos I have a lot on my plate.

Struggling with 400k? Hmmmmmmm
Re: How Much Salary Is Enough For Good Living In Nigeria by peacenaija(m): 3:37pm On Jul 19, 2021
MummyD2020:

Honestly u need to have a rethink. U may think its not doable, na lie. Budget and take it out and live within the remaining. U are single. U need it more now becos when u marry, its going to double. What will u do then? U are living in luxury compared to many. Just try. Im surprised oh.. do automatic savings from the bank. Dont touch it. What will you do if you no longer receive it?

Lol, the fact is that I'm spending a lot on personal development and also as the first child I've got to drop some. CFA exams standard fees alone is 1000usd and I still have other stuffs with japa oo. Anyways, thanks
Re: How Much Salary Is Enough For Good Living In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jul 19, 2021
BarrSly:
Smart guy!!

I’m a lawyer as well but I made most of my wealth from tech while still actively practicing. That way my seniors and colleagues don’t take advantage of me cause they know I’ve got the money all I need from them is legal practice experience then I set up my firm.

But with the way the country is going I might move back out of the country and not return.

I'm still considering my decision, I have this believe that I was making a huge career mistake deep down but again, it's better to ask from people who are already in the stage. Queenfav, Teespice, MrMcJay, David, Litigator and Davidesq.

I'm in my year 4 and wish to pick a skill in tech(Programming). I have started. But my concern is with the way things are now will you advise me to continue or I should face my degree squarely.
Re: How Much Salary Is Enough For Good Living In Nigeria by Teespice(f): 6:59pm On Jul 19, 2021
SageX1444:
I'm still considering my decision, I have this believe that I was making a huge career mistake deep down but again, it's better to ask from people who are already in the stage. Queen.fav, Teespice, MrM.cJay, Dav.id, Litigat.or and Davide.sq.

I'm in my year 4 and wish to pick a skill in tech(Programming). I have started. But my concern is with the way things are now will you advise me to continue or I should face my degree squarely.

You can combine the two together ie Law and Programming. With the current economic realities, it is best to have two or multiple streams of income.

Do the programming course at your spare time say weekends.
Re: How Much Salary Is Enough For Good Living In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jul 19, 2021
Teespice:

You can combine the two together ie Law and Programming. With the current economic realities, it is best to have two or multiple streams of income.

Do the programming course at your spare time say weekends.
Thank you for this but isn't the RPC against having a business as a lawyer?
(I'm asking as a curious person).
Re: How Much Salary Is Enough For Good Living In Nigeria by MummyD2020(f): 9:29pm On Jul 19, 2021
peacenaija:

Lol, the fact is that I'm spending a lot on personal development and also as the first child I've got to drop some. CFA exams standard fees alone is 1000usd and I still have other stuffs with japa oo. Anyways, thanks

You are welcome
Re: How Much Salary Is Enough For Good Living In Nigeria by Teespice(f): 10:42pm On Jul 19, 2021
SageX1444:
Thank you for this but isn't the RPC against having a business as a lawyer?
(I'm asking as a curious person).

Lmaooooooo.

This one RPC......I am yet to see one lawyer that has faced LPDC for having a side business.
Re: How Much Salary Is Enough For Good Living In Nigeria by onyxo76(m): 10:08am On Jul 20, 2021
chukzyfcbb:

Any single guy earning above 300k and has no savings is just a wasteful spender.

A lot of people are terrible are managing money. There is no excuse why a single person with no wife and kid should have no savings on a 300k salary, it certainly means he or she is living above his means.

that's like 10k per day. hmm

1 Like

Re: How Much Salary Is Enough For Good Living In Nigeria by ChybuzzDD(m): 3:22pm On Jul 20, 2021
steffi01:
I don't understand how you single guys earning 150k plus are claiming broke. That amount is a dream to many. How? How come? What's really happening??

The thing tire me too, bros.
They actually need to put their house in order.
Re: How Much Salary Is Enough For Good Living In Nigeria by Labadi69: 9:47am On Jul 21, 2021
Moneyboyz:
You all here shouting 200 300 dropping all manners of figures, what should married men and women earning 20 to 40k a month do.
Some even less a month.
People are suffering in this country.

Emmm Who begged them to marry? Illiterates that think marriage is a must. Poor man has no business being married with kids. This is the real problem we have in Naija that nobody is talking about. Poor man just dey born up and down m. Why won’t we have yahoo boys, kidnappers, armed robbers and oloshos all over the place. The thing is annoying jor.

This is front page material na. Not all those annoying obi cubana ish angry

Lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: How Much Salary Is Enough For Good Living In Nigeria by chukzyfcbb: 7:27pm On Jul 21, 2021
onyxo76:
that's like 10k per day. hmm
Yea..

Savings 20% of that daily is 2k.
60k a month
720k a year.

Leaving him with 8k daily to spend and 56k weekly to spend on HIMSELF or anything he likes.

If you can spend 56k weekly or better said 240k on yourself monthly
Then if you have a wife and a child, it means 480k additional burden has been incurred.

If you aren't making 480k extra by then, then you are in shit coz it would be hard to change lifestyle.
Re: How Much Salary Is Enough For Good Living In Nigeria by Insectkiller: 7:43pm On Jul 21, 2021
MisterGrace:
I'm on 250,000 NGN/month and we are still struggling.

Food,
house rent,
children school fees,
light bill,
water bill,
car servicing,
generator and car fueling,
parents in the village,
security (vigilante) fees,
my own school fees,
too many bills jare.

Although, it became worse between 2016 till date.
Prices of everything have gone up almost 1000%.

It is unfair.

Not completed yet: Lete add for you...

Unemployed/underemployed Old school friend,
Jobless married cousin,
Ur neighbour, etc.

1 Like

Re: How Much Salary Is Enough For Good Living In Nigeria by DavidEsq(m): 11:31pm On Jul 22, 2021
SageX1444:
I'm still considering my decision, I have this believe that I was making a huge career mistake deep down but again, it's better to ask from people who are already in the stage. Queenfav, Teespice, MrMcJay, David, Litigator and Davidesq.

There is never anything wrong in diversifying your endeavors

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Canada Desperately Looking To Fill 430,000 Vacant Jobs / Total Nigeria Plc Application Process Mail. Who Else Got This? / Interview Question That Threw Me Off-balance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.