Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,464 members, 7,816,088 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:54 AM

Benz C300 Assessment & Review - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Benz C300 Assessment & Review (86894 Views)

Mercedes-Benz C300 Used In Selling Local Herbs In Kaduna (Photos, Video) / REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech / Someone Learning How To Drive With Mercedes Benz C300 In Abuja (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Benz C300 Assessment & Review by BarrSly: 6:12pm On Jul 19, 2021
I heard that car catches fire on its own that’s why I didn’t go for it... try and find out anyway.
Re: Benz C300 Assessment & Review by MufasaLion: 6:13pm On Jul 19, 2021
beautyfunke:
pls pray before you buy...so that Almighty God will direct you

LMAO
How does your suggestion relate to his question?

4 Likes

Re: Benz C300 Assessment & Review by Kindfund: 6:16pm On Jul 19, 2021
dake40:

Less maintenance on non 4matic and suspension parts of non 4matic are cheaper than 4matic
ok thanks
Re: Benz C300 Assessment & Review by Prosperous111(m): 6:20pm On Jul 19, 2021
beautyfunke:

I thought it is a matter of choice? Why do Africans believe that prayer do all things even if it comes to a matter of choice? Ad in choose your color or wetin you like. You go still pray to select red, blue or black?

2 Likes

Re: Benz C300 Assessment & Review by Obidiugwu: 6:20pm On Jul 19, 2021
The parts are expensive but if you can afford it then go for it cos is very good car. Morever, ladies like it...Dm us for different type of
Cars at affordable prices..ZeroEightOneThreeFourThreeFiveOneSixThreeSix

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benz C300 Assessment & Review by Renforce: 6:22pm On Jul 19, 2021
Esseite:
Yes buy the c300, it's a great car with a class of it's own.. it drives great with excellent handling and good fuel consumption for a V6 engine. The part are not so expensive and would outlive your regular Toyota parts which you would have to change multiple times which virtually supercedes the difference.

A 2008 should cost you about 3.8 - 4m depending on the dealer, a lexus of that year would cost about same, a toyota of that year(muscle sport) should be 400k - 500k less in price but wont give you the eye Turner, the benz brand, the comfortable ride you would be getting without wearing of car materials like dashboards, compressor problem on the VVT-i toyota engine, unsolvable rackety noise on its legs etc..

Go for confidence boosters, go for the c300..its worth it.

Bro my Toyota Corolla has this seemingly unsolvable rackety noise on its legs. Whenever I take it to the mechanic they are quick to change the brake pads. This works for a while and then later it starts again. This happens only on the front left leg

2 Likes

Re: Benz C300 Assessment & Review by lebete3000: 6:23pm On Jul 19, 2021
candyguyofficia:
Benz c300 it's a sweet ride and a chic magnet. The car part is expensive though (but it depend on how deep your pocket is), the car also have low ground clearance (which I believe you already know) but it wouldn't be a problem if your city don't have potholes and if it is not prone to flood. I will also suggest you stay far away from 4matic. For fuel efficiency someone that buy c300 isn't suppose to complain or consider fuel efficiency that much na after all it is not Corolla.

If your city have bad road or prone to flood I wouldn't suggest this ride or else you may have to relocate close to a mechanic workshop, if your road or city isn't that smooth I would suggest ML or Lexus RX 350 or atmost Venza.

Generally c300 is not a bad ride

Why RX350 and not 330
Re: Benz C300 Assessment & Review by Nobody: 6:24pm On Jul 19, 2021
FuckEveryday:
It's a good car and doesn't consume so much fuel. For the price though(I want to believe you're buying Toks) I'll choose a 2012-14camry instead.

In all honesty, We've had increase of car sales since Saturday. God bless Obi Cubanna, If you no pick money for OBA na you Sabi.
grin
Re: Benz C300 Assessment & Review by PrideofLincoln2: 6:25pm On Jul 19, 2021
Buy a Truck or as you call it in Nigeria, Jeep. The condition of roads in Nigeria are pathetic.

4 Likes

Re: Benz C300 Assessment & Review by pek(m): 6:25pm On Jul 19, 2021
beautyfunke:
Must everything be about prayer? He is asking of practical answer.

2 Likes

Re: Benz C300 Assessment & Review by lebete3000: 6:26pm On Jul 19, 2021
dake40:
Just avoid the 4matic

All of una just dey talk avoid the 4matic, without stating reason why.

Abi na dem say dem say
Re: Benz C300 Assessment & Review by lebete3000: 6:28pm On Jul 19, 2021
solasoulmusic:
Benz doesn’t disappoint parts are available and prices vary by location and your relationship with the parts dealers. Check the reviews of owners I won’t buy it if it doesn’t have 4.0 and above.

I drive one but not this model it’s best car manufacturer I’ve driven in life. Just know who you will give the go ahead to repair and make sure they know what they are doing

Which one be 4.0 again?
Re: Benz C300 Assessment & Review by Nobody: 6:29pm On Jul 19, 2021
Renforce:

Bro my Toyota Corolla has this seemingly unsolvable rackety noise on its legs. Whenever I take it to the mechanic they are quick to change the brake pads. This works for a while and then later it starts again. This happens only on the front left leg

Honestly.. I cant advise on what to change and what not to change.. i have changed virtually everything myself..

Brake pads
Calipers
Shocks
Shocks pad
Linkages
Thyroid
Shaft rings
Shaft cup
Shafts
Steering racks
Lower arm bushings
Upper arm bushings
Stabilizer bar bushings
Shock springs

Its unsolvable really.. it always comes back.
Re: Benz C300 Assessment & Review by lebete3000: 6:30pm On Jul 19, 2021
jacobjamie:
C300 is an awesome car , I drive one myself presently , the availability of parts are everywhere , be it 2008 to 2012 , u could also upgrade the 2008 to 2012 android screen rather than the pop up screen ,from and back amg kits to give it a good look ,naija use is 2.3 to 2.6 , Toks falls at 4m to 4.5 depending on how clean it is .cheers

But what do you think about the Naija used? Is it reliable like Naija used Toyotas that everybody wan die for?
Re: Benz C300 Assessment & Review by Nobody: 6:31pm On Jul 19, 2021
lebete3000:

Which one be 4.0 again?

Edmunds.com car review rating by owners pre 2010 cars were more durable and the body stronger but there could be exceptions if it’s made in Germany it’s made to last

Repair pal says The Mercedes-Benz C300 Reliability Rating is 3.5 out of 5.0, which ranks it 13th out of 31 for luxury midsize cars.

My model 4.0

The previous owner is important when buying this because sometimes because of affordability they put other car parts to manage when it should be OEM

People don’t know this but majority of the cars are leased new then later sold so some cars are designed only for short term usage while older cars because they cost so much were made for long term use also the more electronics involved the more wahala go dey.

Our grandfathers all drove 85 Benz and they didn’t die till they just didn’t start again

I Dey laugh those wey Dey buy car pose but in the end the maintenance we no go see for Instagram

4 Likes

Re: Benz C300 Assessment & Review by rhames(m): 6:33pm On Jul 19, 2021
Siberia01:
Benz...
i think no car is bad...
if you don't abuse it...
my uncle still drives his Benz 190E with everything working
including AC...
despite having other Japanese brands...
car is close to 20 years

There are two cars in the world: Mercedes-Benz and others.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Benz C300 Assessment & Review by Iamnorth: 6:33pm On Jul 19, 2021
It is obvious that this one don visit Oba! Cubanna ,you are doing well....anyways,it's always a Benz for me,truth be told,no car can withstand Nigerian and Biafran roads,it's all about maintainance !And when it comes to fuel consumption,you can never go wrong with a C300,less I forget,people mostly sell it after 2_3 years because it it's second hand value,they sell it when it's in better shape to avoid stories that touch!
Re: Benz C300 Assessment & Review by Ikorodurealtor: 6:33pm On Jul 19, 2021
Bring that money and let's hook you up to a genuine property that you will be glad you bought.
Check our signature for details
Re: Benz C300 Assessment & Review by TBolaitan(m): 6:33pm On Jul 19, 2021
My brother buying a tangible assets that will give you high returns on your profit.... when you buy a car it will depreciate think of real estate my brother.... real estate appreciate it will never depreciate
The money you will use to buy car think of investment on real estate bro you will thank me later
Contact me for a wise investment on real estate
09025462416, WhatsApp 08127588833

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Benz C300 Assessment & Review by MansoryMX(m): 6:34pm On Jul 19, 2021
tunapawizzy:
How can we tell if the maintenance n parts will be too expensive for u if we don't know ur financial standing.

Benz maintenance cost and part are not for small people. They are fuckin expensive. If I be all. I will go for 2012-2014 Camry. The money for that Benz will get you a Camry 012-014 model.
Re: Benz C300 Assessment & Review by Wealthoptulent(m): 6:36pm On Jul 19, 2021
Craggybogg:
The Cars Profs in the house. I need your assessment on this particular car. Mercedes Benz C300. I need the pros and cons of this car of based on the conditions of the Nigerian Roads, Fuel rate consumption, Spare part availability in the Nigerian Market (Ladipo and Co.). Your assessment would be highly appreciated because I am thinking about copping one.

P.S:- I also noticed people often sell it after using it for 1-3 years. Could there be any problems ? Tell me things(problems) to encounter if I should buy the car this week!.

Thanks in Advance!

Buy 2012 c250 thank me later.

Avoid amg , if u no see plain engine, take 4matic
Re: Benz C300 Assessment & Review by R0ckefeller: 6:36pm On Jul 19, 2021
Craggybogg:
The Cars Profs in the house. I need your assessment on this particular car. Mercedes Benz C300. I need the pros and cons of this car of based on the conditions of the Nigerian Roads, Fuel rate consumption, Spare part availability in the Nigerian Market (Ladipo and Co.). Your assessment would be highly appreciated because I am thinking about copping one.

P.S:- I also noticed people often sell it after using it for 1-3 years. Could there be any problems ? Tell me things(problems) to encounter if I should buy the car this week!.

Thanks in Advance!
Why don't you buy lexus Is instead
Re: Benz C300 Assessment & Review by lebete3000: 6:38pm On Jul 19, 2021
temitimx19:
I drive the same car and the same colour in fact. I must say the car is a good car, drives smoothly and very fast. If you want to go for this car you need to consider your location and how good your roads are in your area.
If your location is prone to flooding and you area has bads road I won't advise you to go for it, because the car is very low, when I got mine from the US, the tyres that came with it, were almost new low profile tyres, the way it was always hitting the ground, my mechanic advised me to go for high profile tyres, which was the best decision so far.
Concerning fuel consumption, I spend an average of 30k monthly and my full tank cost about #10k and when I drive with AC switched on it covers 200km.

Cons
Mercedes benz parts are expensive my headlights cost 100k, 1 plug coil cost about 10k, last time I serviced my car it cost me about #53k (2pcs of Mobil 1 + 3k for the mechanic)

Overall
I am satisfied with the car, its durable, has premium finishes, very comfortable to drive in, accelerates very fast, my cruise control is bae, seats are all electronically adjustable, very smooth and silent when driving and the AC is chilling.

Headlight for 100k, while my Honda EOD headlight is 20k for Tokunbo.

Omoor na headboot abi light be that

5 Likes

Re: Benz C300 Assessment & Review by lasisi69(f): 6:40pm On Jul 19, 2021
Harmored:
Nairaland is finished
cheesy
Re: Benz C300 Assessment & Review by temitimx19(m): 6:40pm On Jul 19, 2021
lebete3000:

Headlight for 100k, while my Honda EOD headlight is 20k for Tokunbo.

Omoor na headboot abi light be that
100k for the set and that price is for new, tokunbo is around 20-35k

2 Likes

Re: Benz C300 Assessment & Review by EXOUSIAng: 6:42pm On Jul 19, 2021
Oluwatejiri:
How this post take enter front page??
E shock you too abi?

1 Like

Re: Benz C300 Assessment & Review by lebete3000: 6:42pm On Jul 19, 2021
joinnow:

Op buy foreign use aka tokunbo also go with your scanner before buying and call us to come bless the car.
Finally congrats in advance for your mob

How e go carry scanner travel go scan the car?

2 Likes

Re: Benz C300 Assessment & Review by Hustler1277: 6:44pm On Jul 19, 2021
Craggybogg:

Thanks in Advance!
Bros i need you to hear me out on this

have been asking for help here on nairaland
for some couple of days now
and it seems as if persons doubt me or maybe i my post hasn't crossed the right person which is why i am quoting you

Please my phone went bad a couple of days ago....the phone i have been using for online hustle
i had to burrow a phone from a roommate here in the hostel here in school so i could source for help

I just want to fix my phone and get back to hustling boss

Please if you can help here is my account number

First bank
I will appreciate boss

Re: Benz C300 Assessment & Review by lebete3000: 6:45pm On Jul 19, 2021
Dmoyes23:
It’s a classic car, it’s very cool but very expensive to maintain, if this is your first car, better to go for a Toyota because it’s cost effective and efficient for you,
To own a Benz, you must pay attention to envy detail of the car and have a good sound mechanic, the car is not for movement to everywhere so you have to be ready to restrict your movement if you get this else you will be spending excess money monthly or bimonthly,

Hope this is fine!

So please which car is the best in terms of a frequent long distance traveller?
Re: Benz C300 Assessment & Review by meritadavize1(m): 6:45pm On Jul 19, 2021
Where una de see this money abeg? Answer oo before hunger kill man pikin

Craggybogg:

Thanks in Advance!

1 Like

Re: Benz C300 Assessment & Review by Structuralman: 6:46pm On Jul 19, 2021
Craggybogg:

Thanks in Advance!

Whatever you do, make sure you buy toks and not Nigerian used.

Regards

2 Likes

Re: Benz C300 Assessment & Review by Usefulusman(m): 6:46pm On Jul 19, 2021
I just want you to buy the car because its my exact type of car. They hardly develop fault and if you cant buy it, i will come for it immediately so that i can use it for UBA In Abuja. How much does it cost?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

This ₦990k Made-In-Nigeria Keke Comes With Doors & Front/Reverse Cameras / Video Of Nigerian Branded Vehicle, NORD Creates Sensation Online / ***how To Check Automatic Transmission Before Buying A Used Car***

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.