Stats: 3,152,466 members, 7,816,090 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:07 AM

Benz C300 Assessment & Review - Car Talk (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Benz C300 Assessment & Review (86895 Views)

Mercedes-Benz C300 Used In Selling Local Herbs In Kaduna (Photos, Video) / REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech / Someone Learning How To Drive With Mercedes Benz C300 In Abuja (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Benz C300 Assessment & Review by Emmerlee(m): 7:25pm On Jul 19, 2021
I drive one (a 4matic) since 2015. It's expensive to maintain. If your pocket isn't deep with good cashflow don't buy it, that will be suicidal.
Re: Benz C300 Assessment & Review by tnerro1(m): 7:26pm On Jul 19, 2021
What the difference between ML350 and GLE 350?
Re: Benz C300 Assessment & Review by Nobody: 7:26pm On Jul 19, 2021
kovic7:
Go for it. That car is a speed monster, strong, durable and very comfy.

I have three of this cool cool cool

In my dreams grin grin grin
if it in ur dream that's bad o
Re: Benz C300 Assessment & Review by Emekus999(m): 7:28pm On Jul 19, 2021
beautyfunke:
pls pray before you buy...so that Almighty God will direct you
Prayer? When the car has been used for a long long time with already bad engine, u want him to still pray?
All these fake pastors keep deceiving people.
Re: Benz C300 Assessment & Review by EgunMogaji2: 7:29pm On Jul 19, 2021
NovusHomo:

Why, please?

Why what?
Re: Benz C300 Assessment & Review by Nobody: 7:35pm On Jul 19, 2021
People sell it after 1-3 yrs cos its a luxury car, which is not built to last as target market are people who flip cars every year.
Better stick with Camry, the fact that ur already asking about fuel economy and muting ladipo says the car is not for you.
It has no second hand value.

Re: Benz C300 Assessment & Review by Contango(m): 7:35pm On Jul 19, 2021
Esseite:
Yes buy the c300, it's a great car with a class of it's own.. it drives great with excellent handling and good fuel consumption for a V6 engine. The part are not so expensive and would outlive your regular Toyota parts which you would have to change multiple times which virtually supercedes the difference.

A 2008 should cost you about 3.8 - 4m depending on the dealer, a lexus of that year would cost about same, a toyota of that year(muscle sport) should be 400k - 500k less in price but wont give you the eye Turner, the benz brand, the comfortable ride you would be getting without wearing of car materials like dashboards, compressor problem on the VVT-i toyota engine which you may be deceived to convert to manual compressor and then engine vibrations of life starts, unsolvable rackety noise on its legs etc..

Go for confidence boosters, go for the c300..its worth it.

Abeg Benz C300 2012/13 or camry 2015 which do u advice? Forget fuel economy. which is better interms of performance and overall value for money? I will be getting one later this year but their price range is similar hence my confusion.
Re: Benz C300 Assessment & Review by Owodiran1(m): 7:35pm On Jul 19, 2021
Craggybogg:
The Cars Profs in the house. I need your assessment on this particular car. Mercedes Benz C300. I need the pros and cons of this car of based on the conditions of the Nigerian Roads, Fuel rate consumption, Spare part availability in the Nigerian Market (Ladipo and Co.). Your assessment would be highly appreciated because I am thinking about copping one.

P.S:- I also noticed people often sell it after using it for 1-3 years. Could there be any problems ? Tell me things(problems) to encounter if I should buy the car this week!.

Thanks in Advance!
do you have petrol money
Re: Benz C300 Assessment & Review by NovusHomo(m): 7:37pm On Jul 19, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

Why what?

Why the preference for California cars?
Re: Benz C300 Assessment & Review by Contango(m): 7:37pm On Jul 19, 2021
jacobjamie:
C300 is an awesome car , I drive one myself presently , the availability of parts are everywhere , be it 2008 to 2012 , u could also upgrade the 2008 to 2012 android screen rather than the pop up screen ,from and back amg kits to give it a good look ,naija use is 2.3 to 2.6 , Toks falls at 4m to 4.5 depending on how clean it is .cheers

How much is c300 toks?
Re: Benz C300 Assessment & Review by Contango(m): 7:42pm On Jul 19, 2021
temitimx19:
I drive the same car and the same colour in fact. I must say the car is a good car, drives smoothly and very fast. If you want to go for this car you need to consider your location and how good your roads are in your area.
If your location is prone to flooding and you area has bads road I won't advise you to go for it, because the car is very low, when I got mine from the US, the tyres that came with it, were almost new low profile tyres, the way it was always hitting the ground, my mechanic advised me to go for high profile tyres, which was the best decision so far.
Concerning fuel consumption, I spend an average of 30k monthly and my full tank cost about #10k and when I drive with AC switched on it covers 200km.

Cons
Mercedes benz parts are expensive my headlights cost 100k, 1 plug coil cost about 10k, last time I serviced my car it cost me about #53k (2pcs of Mobil 1 + 3k for the mechanic)

Overall
I am satisfied with the car, its durable, has premium finishes, very comfortable to drive in, accelerates very fast, my cruise control is bae, seats are all electronically adjustable, very smooth and silent when driving and the AC is chilling.

Below is my fuel consumption expenses chart and my distance covered

How often do u service the car and what year of make is yours?
Re: Benz C300 Assessment & Review by portacabin: 7:43pm On Jul 19, 2021
Siberia01:
Benz...
i think no car is bad...
if you don't abuse it...
my uncle still drives his Benz 190E with everything working
including AC...
despite having other Japanese brands...
car is close to 20 years
some cars are built better than others
Re: Benz C300 Assessment & Review by odunade01: 7:44pm On Jul 19, 2021
Yea, go for it bro

Re: Benz C300 Assessment & Review by temitimx19(m): 7:48pm On Jul 19, 2021
Contango:

How often do u service the car and what year of make is yurs?
I bought the car in January, I have serviced it once so far, according to the vin check the 2 previous owners serviced the car after 10,000miles (16100km). I am not sure I can service mine after 16,100km, since mobil 1 is quite expensive so I will service mine after 1yr, since I am using a synthetic oil.

Re: Benz C300 Assessment & Review by Paulianfa(m): 7:51pm On Jul 19, 2021
U don buy am already nah, nna car stand be that first picture? Omo u see road... D car make sense die...
Nna the ride for niggars like me...
Re: Benz C300 Assessment & Review by Myer(m): 7:52pm On Jul 19, 2021
FuckEveryday:
It's a good car and doesn't consume so much fuel. For the price though(I want to believe you're buying Toks) I'll choose a 2012-14camry instead.

In all honesty, We've had increase of car sales since Saturday. God bless Obi Cubanna, If you no pick money for OBA na you Sabi.

You mean say the Grace you carry na only to dey pick rich man money for ground.
And yo wan take dat one buy car?
Toy car sef dey sha

You need deliverance.

Re: Benz C300 Assessment & Review by Contango(m): 7:54pm On Jul 19, 2021
temitimx19:

I bought the car in January, I have serviced it once so far, according to the vin check the 2 previous owners serviced the car after 10,000miles (16100km). I am not sure I can service mine after 16,100km, since mobil 1 is quite expensive so I will service mine after 1yr, since I am using a synthetic oil.

Then it is fine by me. Thanks

Lastly is it 2008 model or 2012
Re: Benz C300 Assessment & Review by kay29000(m): 8:00pm On Jul 19, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
Ain't got nothing to say about that c300....

Just go for voltron or lexus es 350.....although I prefer the lexu rx 350 anyday anytime twice on Monday

Still cruising my low budget ass voltron and venza though ....I know am gonna get that lexus rx350 soon...i just love that ride

I also want to get the Lexus RX350... 2016 model. I just love that ride.
Re: Benz C300 Assessment & Review by EgunMogaji2: 8:00pm On Jul 19, 2021
Emmerlee:
I drive one (a 4matic) since 2015. It's expensive to maintain. If your pocket isn't deep with good cashflow don't buy it, that will be suicidal.

Can you spell out the expenses?
Re: Benz C300 Assessment & Review by EgunMogaji2: 8:04pm On Jul 19, 2021
NovusHomo:

Why the preference for California cars?

California has near perfect weather all year. I don't buy vehicles from the coast or mountains of California.

No snow, salt to melt snow, etc

Other states come to buy our used vehicles. I just gave you insider information.

When I start bringing cars in next years every single one will be from California and from private owners only. No auction yard queens.

PS: All my personal opinions but has served me well for over three decades in the USA.

Re: Benz C300 Assessment & Review by Craggybogg: 8:04pm On Jul 19, 2021
Owodiran1:
do you have petrol money

Not Everyone one is on your lane!

Re: Benz C300 Assessment & Review by Tospecial(m): 8:05pm On Jul 19, 2021
Is your money no body should instruct you on how you can spend it

Re: Benz C300 Assessment & Review by BSsniffer: 8:06pm On Jul 19, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
Ain't got nothing to say about that c300....

Just go for voltron or lexus es 350.....although I prefer the lexu rx 350 anyday anytime twice on Monday

Still cruising my low budget ass voltron and venza though ....I know am gonna get that lexus rx350 soon...i just love that ride

What year of rx350 ?
Re: Benz C300 Assessment & Review by Craggybogg: 8:08pm On Jul 19, 2021
Re: Benz C300 Assessment & Review by GeneralPula: 8:08pm On Jul 19, 2021
YorubaKinging:
The end is near

The no tangible comment posts shows how much fake lives is on naira land

Bye

There’s nothing to justify that OP himself is real..

So calm down cuz people wey get money no go talk..
Re: Benz C300 Assessment & Review by temitimx19(m): 8:09pm On Jul 19, 2021
Contango:

Then it is fine by me. Thanks

Lastly is it 2008 model or 2012
I got a c300 2010 4matic model
Re: Benz C300 Assessment & Review by buchilino(m): 8:09pm On Jul 19, 2021
Siberia01:
Benz...
i think no car is bad...
if you don't abuse it...
my uncle still drives his Benz 190E with everything working
including AC...
despite having other Japanese brands...
car is close to 20 years

BRO U NEVA TASTED LATEST NISSAN PRODUCTS .
Re: Benz C300 Assessment & Review by Emmerlee(m): 8:10pm On Jul 19, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

Can you spell out the expenses?

The parts are expensive. Worst still, there are many fakes out there. So if you are not careful you will buy the same parts multiple times. Similar poblems that are fixed with 20k to 25k in a Honda or Toyota could cost you 100k plus in the car.

It's even worse when you directly make use of Mercedes-Benz workshops for fixes. Just a detailed scan could cost you 75k (speaking from experience). The only thing that is cheap in those workshops is regular annual maintenance which is around 35k including synthetic oil and oil filter.

Re: Benz C300 Assessment & Review by kovic7(m): 8:11pm On Jul 19, 2021
Volkswagen90:
if it in ur dream that's bad o

Wetin man go do na grin grin

Me too broke
Re: Benz C300 Assessment & Review by Nobody: 8:13pm On Jul 19, 2021
temitimx19:
I drive the same car and the same colour in fact. I must say the car is a good car, drives smoothly and very fast. If you want to go for this car you need to consider your location and how good your roads are in your area.
If your location is prone to flooding and you area has bads road I won't advise you to go for it, because the car is very low, when I got mine from the US, the tyres that came with it, were almost new low profile tyres, the way it was always hitting the ground, my mechanic advised me to go for high profile tyres, which was the best decision so far.
Concerning fuel consumption, I spend an average of 30k monthly and my full tank cost about #10k and when I drive with AC switched on it covers 200km.

Cons
Mercedes benz parts are expensive my headlights cost 100k, 1 plug coil cost about 10k, last time I serviced my car it cost me about #53k (2pcs of Mobil 1 + 3k for the mechanic)

Overall
I am satisfied with the car, its durable, has premium finishes, very comfortable to drive in, accelerates very fast, my cruise control is bae, seats are all electronically adjustable, very smooth and silent when driving and the AC is chilling.

Below is my fuel consumption expenses chart and my distance covered

Nice breakdown but are you sure about the 30k fuel in month? How often do you drive ? part because my Camry 2013 v4 takes 8k to fill up. And gets 22mpg. Most toks V6 get about 12 to 15 mpg
Re: Benz C300 Assessment & Review by ariesbull: 8:13pm On Jul 19, 2021
solasoulmusic:

I started with a Chevy then a Kia then Toyota then Hyundai on loan my brother na only Benz I know worth the investment. Water entered my brain box during the rain after drying good to go

I started with Nissan and Toyota but this post 5 yrsdriven two Benz a C class and ML350
...nd no regrets

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

This ₦990k Made-In-Nigeria Keke Comes With Doors & Front/Reverse Cameras / Video Of Nigerian Branded Vehicle, NORD Creates Sensation Online / ***how To Check Automatic Transmission Before Buying A Used Car***