Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,992 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:30 AM

Okorocha Freezes Imo Accounts - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okorocha Freezes Imo Accounts (10029 Views)

NCA Freezes Alison-Madueke’s Cash In Court Today - Sahara Reporters / Unpaid Salaries: “publish Imo Accounts” – Archbishop Obinna Dares Okorocha / EFCC Freezes Father Mbaka's Accounts - Daily Independent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okorocha Freezes Imo Accounts by LKRavitz(m): 5:44pm On May 15, 2011
Harry Truman once said: "I could have been a pianist in a w*hore house or a politician, there is not much difference". Most politicains have only one thing in common. SELFISH INTEREST.
Re: Okorocha Freezes Imo Accounts by goggs(m): 6:04pm On May 15, 2011
the whole thing stinks and shows the level of decadence in the Nigerian system. I cannot imagine that a Governor elect will cause the freezing of Government account. No matter the motive, what is wrong IS wrong.

This action shows how our justice system is so messed up that we cannot trust it to bring Ohakim to justice should he tamper with the government funds at the last minute. Such other nationa will be watching us bewildered at the contradiction of our system.

What I expected Okorocha and his aides do is to watch the government closely and when they get to power, they can carry out a quiet probe of the last days of the past administrations and if Ohakim has a case to answer the attorney general can bring criminal charges against ALL who aided and abetted such an action. In the end all will learn and it will be a better deterant to such in the future. I expect the Federal attorney general to issue a caution in this regard.

this should be a nation of laws - not of men
Re: Okorocha Freezes Imo Accounts by mekattack(m): 6:14pm On May 15, 2011
Illegally, the right thing to do!!
Re: Okorocha Freezes Imo Accounts by Olaisrich(m): 8:22pm On May 15, 2011
the whole thing stinks and shows the level of decadence in the Nigerian system. I cannot imagine that a Governor elect will cause the freezing of Government account. No matter the motive, what is wrong IS wrong.

This action shows how our justice system is so messed up that we cannot trust it to bring Ohakim to justice should he tamper with the government funds at the last minute. Such other nationa will be watching us bewildered at the contradiction of our system.

What I expected Okorocha and his aides do is to watch the government closely and when they get to power, they can carry out a quiet probe of the last days of the past administrations and if Ohakim has a case to answer the attorney general can bring criminal charges against ALL who aided and abetted such an action. In the end all will learn and it will be a better deterant to such in the future. I expect the Federal attorney general to issue a caution in this regard.

i am totally agree wt you,but we all know Nigeria system, if we have to wait before Nigeria get his system right
the Imo people will be directly affected might have suffer a lil bit!
Re: Okorocha Freezes Imo Accounts by supereagle(m): 10:38pm On May 15, 2011
goggs:

If you live in Imo state . you will applaud the action of Rochas . OHAKIM can empty the Govt accts and give the money to his loyalists, the man was busy using the state funds to Jeeps to get the favors during the election time.

Re: Okorocha Freezes Imo Accounts by Ozebs(m): 12:28am On May 16, 2011
Get downloads 4 ur mobile n pc at http://downloadshop.wen.ru
Re: Okorocha Freezes Imo Accounts by tokan(m): 8:47am On May 16, 2011
ohakim should start booking a run flight
Re: Okorocha Freezes Imo Accounts by Nnaboys: 10:34am On May 16, 2011
Nna na wa oooooooooooooooooo. Rochas dey craze wetin concern am concern Imo money. who gave him the power to do that?
Re: Okorocha Freezes Imo Accounts by DaDoctor: 11:01am On May 16, 2011
Very wrong!!!! FROM THE BANKING POINT OF VIEW, We take orders from the governor or the signatories to the acccount not a 'third party'
POLITICALLY AND LEGALLY, 'the rights of an -elect- is limited and does not embody such'
The banks however have to manage the situation well to avoid a sour relationship since an elect will soon be the one on the throne.
Re: Okorocha Freezes Imo Accounts by kshow1(m): 11:09am On May 16, 2011
On who's mandate are the banks acting, are Okorocha's aides signatory to the accounts
Re: Okorocha Freezes Imo Accounts by harpo(m): 2:20pm On May 16, 2011
If this is true for which i dont think it its then Rochas has taken off on the wrong foot.

He has no business doin such b4 becoming governor, pls his advisers should advise him well b4 he goes on to tarnish his image
Re: Okorocha Freezes Imo Accounts by Nizoral(f): 9:53pm On May 16, 2011
***clears throat*** is dis for real?? How Owelle is not yet a gov!
Re: Okorocha Freezes Imo Accounts by ricebeans: 10:21pm On May 16, 2011
What Gov.Okorocha did is a right step in the right direction. Who are you to query him when we were the people that asked him to do that. No Civil servant is complaining. Who told Ohakim that we are complaining when he is still owing workers' salary for the past six months. I think the best option now is to arrest Ohakim before 29th May and subject him to public probe and examination, and if possible jail him ,otherwise the Aka-Ikiri will sneak out of the state ooo! Again, states were allocated N455b last week from federal Allocation. Our Rochas should make sure that Ohakim does not siphone that okwogh. Ndewo nu!
Re: Okorocha Freezes Imo Accounts by Dede1(m): 1:34am On May 17, 2011
From numerous posts in support of alleged illegal conduct of Okorocha who has been erroneously declared governor-elect of Imo state by INEC when elections in Imo State remain incomplete, I say Nigeria has no business with democracy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Wike Launches Urban Water Sector Reform - Photos / Why Buhari Deserves Second Chance – Amaechi / SERAP Sues Buhari For Failure To Order Ganduje’s Probe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.