Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,958 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:58 AM

I’m A Muslim Woman, Must I Work? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / I’m A Muslim Woman, Must I Work? (760 Views)

Secrets Of A Muslim Woman / I’m A Faithful Muslim- Bikini Model / Why A Married Muslim Woman MUST Keep Her Father's Last Name? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I’m A Muslim Woman, Must I Work? by aloyemeka1: 1:18am On May 13, 2011
[size=14pt]I’m a Muslim woman, must I work? [/size]
By Dr. Murad Hoffman
Friday, May 13, 2011

Please Imam, are women allowed to work in Islam? If yes, what jobs are they allowed doing? If women and men work together is the earning of the women halal (lawful)?
According to the Shariah, the Qur’an and traditions of the Messenger of Allah, the woman’s place is the home.

It is the responsibility of the husband to support his wife and fulfil all her needs. If a woman does not have any financial support, only then she may seek employment. In such a situation, she must adhere to the laws of Hijab.
The concept of females working merely for economic independence has no basis in Islam. In fact, it is a root of many evils. It is this desire for economic independence that gives many women the courage to break their marital homes.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/features/sunlightofislam/2011/may/13/sunofislam-05-13-2011-001.html

(1) (Reply)

What Is The True Meaning Of Shirk And What Are Its Types? / Abuzola: Look Well Before You Marry / Why Do Our Northern Brothers Not Condemn Jamaican Radical Abdullah Al-faisal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.