Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,772 members, 7,955,954 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 07:31 PM

Should I Move Out Of My Parent's House - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should I Move Out Of My Parent's House (3989 Views)

Work Advice Needed For My Parent. / Women Who Didn't Marry As Virgin Should Return To Their Parent's House -Man Says / My Parent Wants Me To Move Back Home At 30. Please Advise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Move Out Of My Parent's House by Raalsalghul: 9:00pm On Jul 22, 2021
Burneracct:
I am a twenty eight year old man. I still live with my parents although I have a job that pays me just under a hundred thousand naira. I haven't had a relationship in a long while and I'm in the process of getting into a relationship but I feel like the fact that I stay with my parents would negatively affect my chances. I'm considering renting an apartment but then these things are quite expensive in lagos. My parents ahve been supportive thus far. Do you think it's a good idea to move out? What affordable housing options are available assuming I'm to move out?

Is there anything/project you are saving for?
Re: Should I Move Out Of My Parent's House by Unbothered14: 9:12pm On Jul 22, 2021
ecolime:
You can be engaged while still staying in your parents house.

Abi na fornication dey hungry you? Talk true grin
He is about to enter a relationship...So he definitely need privacy..cheesy

Maka weekend visits/ getaway..

1 Like

Re: Should I Move Out Of My Parent's House by Unbothered14: 9:17pm On Jul 22, 2021
mariahAngel:
While you’re living with them, I hope you’re helping out with the expenses though undecided

Shikini money wey you just start to dey make, you wan begin use am carry woman. Body don dey shack you abi? Better calm down!
After now you go begin give yeye excuse say money no dey your hand when your parents ask.

Stay for a little while longer, at least till you’re able to stand on your own.
It’ll also afford you to save up.
O choro ibu umu nwa....assorted types...grin

Sex weh go still tire am...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Move Out Of My Parent's House by Ishilove: 9:20pm On Jul 22, 2021
Burneracct:

The woman. And yes I want to get married that's the intent behind my dating.
Since that's the plan then why not save up to rent a family sized apartment so that if you do make it to the altar with this woman, you will be moving in with her.
Re: Should I Move Out Of My Parent's House by mariahAngel(f): 9:42pm On Jul 22, 2021
Unbothered14:

O choro ibu umu nwa....assorted types...grin

Sex weh go still tire am...

O hugburu onwe ya? cheesy

What would you suggest to him?
Re: Should I Move Out Of My Parent's House by KOD123: 10:37pm On Jul 22, 2021
Burneracct:

The woman. And yes I want to get married that's the intent behind my dating.

Uncle sins you even planning to relocate its best you do the dating under your parents roof cause whomsoever you planning on making a wife should feel super comfy with your parents. Also, love can blind ya eyes but your parents watchful eyes would see it.
Re: Should I Move Out Of My Parent's House by poshestmina(f): 12:30am On Jul 23, 2021
Yes . You should!
28 years old is no longer a child as long as you have sufficient finances to fix you up .

You learn how to control YOUR own home.
You learn to be financially, morally responsible.. not because you're under pressure or trying to impress your parents.
You'll learn how to tackle some issues without going to call daddy "at the backyard".

So many things !
But remember FREEDOM is what you make out of it !!!
Best endeavors.

1 Like

Re: Should I Move Out Of My Parent's House by Unbothered14: 12:52am On Jul 23, 2021
mariahAngel:

O hugburu onwe ya? cheesy

What would you suggest to him?
If he is capable to foot his bills, he is free to move...Not everyone is dreaming to own a property or a bigger picture...Some people just want to be comfortable alone...Pay rent, marry have kids and train them, provide food and sleep till old age or transition.

Not everyone is working to become wealthy..

Again, at 28 the urge to have a babe, to love and care is growing exponentially...It is natural no mata how celibate one will want to indulge, the urge will keep coming around.

@21 my last born left to rent his flat...Although everytime na senior bro send me small cash..grin

I encouraged him sha...It's a journey of responsibilities...But you must have a cool income to enjoy the ride...And a good self control to control attention from opposite gender....If not ihe a ga na taa eeh..cheesy

Their is something attractive with a guy or babe having his or her own comfortable apartment with cool income...
Re: Should I Move Out Of My Parent's House by mariahAngel(f): 9:33am On Jul 23, 2021
Unbothered14:

If he is capable to foot his bills, he is free to move...Not everyone is dreaming to own a property or a bigger picture...Some people just want to be comfortable alone...Pay rent, marry have kids and train them, provide food and sleep till old age or transition.

Not everyone is working to become wealthy..

Again, at 28 the urge to have a babe, to love and care is growing exponentially...It is natural no mata how celibate one will want to indulge, the urge will keep coming around.

@21 my last born left to rent his flat...Although everytime na senior bro send me small cash..grin

I encouraged him sha...It's a journey of responsibilities...But you must have a cool income to enjoy the ride...And a good self control to control attention from opposite gender....If not ihe a ga na taa eeh..cheesy

Their is something attractive with a guy or babe having his or her own comfortable apartment with cool income...

Well, I think op is yet to fully find his feet.
Re: Should I Move Out Of My Parent's House by Unbothered14: 11:15am On Jul 23, 2021
mariahAngel:

Well, I think op is yet to fully find his feet.
You lose your feet, so you can find it...It's a theory in life...

To be born as a man is a pressure from day1....At 28 responsibility is accumulating...

1.to take care of himself...Needs and wants..

2..To have a SO.

3. To settle down..for procreation.

4. To assist siblings from his side and that of his SO..

5..To be there for the aging parents on both sides.
6. To Acquire more properties.

7. Plus side chics..cheesy

List kariri...

It all depends on mindset..if it is telling him pack and go, he should follow the lead.
Re: Should I Move Out Of My Parent's House by mariahAngel(f): 11:48am On Jul 23, 2021
Unbothered14:

You lose your feet, so you can find it...It's a theory in life...

To be born as a man is a pressure from day1....At 28 responsibility is accumulating...

1.to take care of himself...Needs and wants..

2..To have a SO.

3. To settle down..for procreation.

4. To assist siblings from his side and that of his SO..

5..To be there for the aging parents on both sides.
6. To Acquire more properties.

7. Plus side chics..cheesy

List kariri...

It all depends on mindset..if it is telling him pack and go, he should follow the lead.

Number 7 o nwere ishi? cheesy

I agree with the last part sha.

1 Like

Re: Should I Move Out Of My Parent's House by Munzy14(m): 12:01pm On Jul 23, 2021
mariahAngel:

I agree with the part sha.
Lol...

Number7 wu nu unforseen circumstance...Tinye kwara ebe o si bia..Ya wuru nu Igbo anyi, nwoke kpatara ego na e leta nwunye ya anya ofuma...And Nwaanyi na emeta ya obi uto, O nweghi ihe gbasara ya na side chic.

Mana ya wuru e be I no, o di m ka o wuzi normal...Enwere otutu enyi e be ahu...Ma nwoke ma nwaanyi...Even ndi nke no na di, anya ha na no kwa na umu chewing gum boys.

From experience...
Re: Should I Move Out Of My Parent's House by mariahAngel(f): 12:05pm On Jul 23, 2021
Munzy14:

Lol...

Number7 wu nu unforseen circumstance...Tinye kwara ebe o si bia..Ya wuru nu Igbo anyi, nwoke kpatara ego na e leta nwunye ya anya ofuma...And Nwaanyi na emeta ya obi uto, O nweghi ihe gbasara ya na side chic.

Mana ya wuru e be I no, o di m ka o wuzi normal...Enwere otutu enyi e be ahu...Ma nwoke ma nwaanyi...Even ndi nke no na di, anya ha na no kwa na umu chewing gum boys.

From experience...

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha grin

Owu eshiokwu o! Mba ahu awudi ya! grin
Re: Should I Move Out Of My Parent's House by Munzy14(m): 12:17pm On Jul 23, 2021
mariahAngel:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha grin

Owu eshiokwu o! Mba ahu awudi ya! grin
Hehehehe....It's a way of life for them according to her...One of my biz associates, nwoke e be ha o na enyere family ya ka, based on her biz was established on his land...Biara na ayo ya ka ha taa waa o...The lady bu kwa nwunye mmadu o..with kids..She deh tell us the thing the laugh sef.

I asked her why her, ya si m o wu normal..

Di man nwekwara mind sha...Because that lady na serious big lady, but very friendly and generous..Ya wuzi ihe di man ji ezuzu, Ojikwa umu itoolu.

Single ladies no ya wuru nwunye mmadu.
Re: Should I Move Out Of My Parent's House by mariahAngel(f): 12:21pm On Jul 23, 2021
Munzy14:

Hehehehe....It's a way of life for them according to her...One of my biz associates, nwoke e be ha o na enyere family ya ka, based on her biz was established on his land...Biara na ayo ya ka ha taa waa o...The lady bu kwa nwunye mmadu o..with kids..She deh tell us the thing the laugh sef.

I asked her why her, ya si m o wu normal..

Di man nwekwara mind sha...Because that lady na serious big lady, but very friendly and generous..Ya wuzi ihe di man ji ezuzu, Ojikwa umu itoolu.

Single ladies no ya wuru nwunye mmadu.

Chai!

Nwata Igbo owula kwerela ha di ehn...onye ahu gahiere uzo o!
Re: Should I Move Out Of My Parent's House by Munzy14(m): 12:32pm On Jul 23, 2021
mariahAngel:

Chai!

Nwata Igbo owula kwerela ha di ehn...onye ahu gahiere uzo o!
Good things can as well come from Nazareth na...cheesy

Hapu despite that, they still have good and loyal guys.

O di m ka o wu normal nwa abgohobia i no na ulo nna ya turu ime muo ya ebe ahu...
Re: Should I Move Out Of My Parent's House by mariahAngel(f): 1:49pm On Jul 23, 2021
Munzy14:

Good things can as well come from Nazareth na...cheesy

Hapu despite that, they still have good and loyal guys.

In their case? Hardly.

They’re rare.

O di m ka o wu normal nwa abgohobia i no na ulo nna ya turu ime muo ya ebe ahu...

It’s not unusual at all.
As in, they see nothing wrong in it. As long as she knows the man who’s responsible for it.

Well, one good thing about their ladies is that once they like you, they’re loyal. They’re not much after money.
Even if you’re still living with your parents, they don’t mind getting pregnant for you and living with you in your parents house.
It’s no surprise to see an educated girl, liking and getting pregnant for an uneducated guy who seemingly has “no prospect”.
They’re not afraid to take risks and weather the storm with a guy they like.
One thing that is also common with them is that they live life each day as it comes. Like, no future plans.
Re: Should I Move Out Of My Parent's House by Munzy14(m): 3:56pm On Jul 23, 2021
mariahAngel:

In their case? Hardly.

They’re rare.

It’s not unusual at all.
As in, they see nothing wrong in it. As long as she knows the man who’s responsible for it.

Well, one good thing about their ladies is that once they like you, they’re loyal. They’re not much after money.
Even if you’re still living with your parents, they don’t mind getting pregnant for you and living with you in your parents house.
It’s no surprise to see an educated girl, liking and getting pregnant for an uneducated guy who seemingly has “no prospect”.
They’re not afraid to take risks and weather the storm with a guy they like.
One thing that is also common with them is that they live life each day as it comes. Like, no future plans.

grin
Chai I gbuola ha...So the rare is like 1/1000..lol

Definitely their is good side of them...But isn't that how it should be when it comes to Relationship...love and loyal.

Yea I av come to see their ladies as risk takers more than umu nwaanyi nke anyi..In fact they are after their own cash not even the bf or hubby own( That my associate wu example) sometimes i joke with her on hustle spirit...She does any business moving and makes good fortune out of it....very opposite of ours..Infact ndi nke anyi di highly entitled mostly ndi nke toro n'ulo ebe a....As long as she has opened leg for the bf, His money is their money...Though there are exceptions, where she simply want to be loved and treated as a queen..But this types are very rare na side anyi a.....grin Umu yahoo eme bi shiala ha.

Plus malay guys...Infact it is like a prayer point for some families now...Ka ofu onye mba ofesi bia luru nwa ha nwaanyi...Hapu ya ebe a, na ezilatara ha ego..smh

Yes I agree they love the fun life...O di m ka ha na di jealous...ofu megidere anyi ruo during nysc, even mgbe o ma na nwere babe around o..I just bone am...before i mara ihe n'eme ma wuo Onye Iro ya...Ike gwuru...Even turn others against me...trust me na, I had to ghost them....Till i left...nke gbawa ziri the gang obi...grin
Re: Should I Move Out Of My Parent's House by mariahAngel(f): 4:21pm On Jul 23, 2021
Munzy14:

grin
Chai I gbuola ha...So the rare is like 1/1000..lol
O wuhu ashi naaa. cheesy
It might seem unusual to you though, but it’s common with them.

Definitely their is good side of them...But isn't that how it should be when it comes to Relationship...love and loyal.
It is.

Yea I av come to see their ladies as risk takers more than umu nwaanyi nke anyi..In fact they are after their own cash not even the bf or hubby own( That my associate wu example) sometimes i joke with her on hustle spirit...She does any business moving and makes good fortune out of it....very opposite of ours..Infact ndi nke anyi di highly entitled mostly ndi nke toro n'ulo ebe a....As long as she has opened leg for the bf, His money is their money...Though there are exceptions, where she simply want to be loved and treated as a queen..But this types are very rare na side anyi a.....grin Umu yahoo eme bi shiala ha.

Plus malay guys...Infact it is like a prayer point for some families now...Ka ofu onye mba ofesi bia luru nwa ha nwaanyi...Hapu ya ebe a, na ezilatara ha ego..smh

Most times, all they want in return is just loyalty.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha grin
Umunwaanyi Igbo wucha Obiageri aku! grin
They’re not to blame though, it’s mostly in how they were raised.
Most Igbo daughters are raised like princesses.

Yes I agree they love the fun life...O di m ka ha na di jealous...ofu megidere anyi ruo during nysc, even mgbe o ma na nwere babe around o..I just bone am...before i mara ihe n'eme ma wuo Onye Iro ya...Ike gwuru...Even turn others against me...trust me na, I had to ghost them....Till i left...nke gbawa ziri the gang obi...grin

Hehehehehehehehehehehehehe

I ga wu udi umu nwoke ndi ahu that are usually surrounded by females. grin
Re: Should I Move Out Of My Parent's House by Munzy14(m): 5:06pm On Jul 23, 2021
mariahAngel:

O wuhu ashi naaa. cheesy
It might seem unusual to you though, but it’s common with them.

It is.

Most times, all they want in return is just loyalty.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha grin
Umunwaanyi Igbo wucha Obiageri aku! grin
They’re not to blame though, it’s mostly in how they were raised.
Most Igbo daughters are raised like princesses.

Hehehehehehehehehehehehehe

I ga wu udi umu nwoke ndi ahu that are usually surrounded by females. grin
Yea it seemed unusual, but I agree with you...As you grew up there...you know more.

Abii...Igbo princess...biara iri aku.
True sha...but things av changed o...Uwa ugbu a, nwoke chogakwa nwaanyi bu kwa okpata aku...Ya wete bread, nwunye ya eweta akara...Maka ihe uto...and good life.

A family, actually a professor..O gwara m si ya gwara Ada ya si, Uwa ugbu a, nwaanyi must bring something to table...For a good life in the family...Time of Obiageri aku and Odoziaku have gone...Umu nwoke muzi anya now ka azu...grin

Not just being educated alone, it's about having something doing.

No no...Ihe m wu, wu a lone eagle...That thing happened because of the environment and normal nysc PPA setting.

My friends are mostly female sha, but not that closer...E nwere boundary...especially if I am in a relationship...The babe ga enwe Queen sit amongst all my friends..cheesy Before ihe mmadu a wuru nke onye ozo..lol
Re: Should I Move Out Of My Parent's House by mariahAngel(f): 5:30pm On Jul 23, 2021
Munzy14:

Yea it seemed unusual, but I agree with you...As you grew up there...you know more.

Abii...Igbo princess...biara iri aku.
True sha...but things av changed o...Uwa ugbu a, nwoke chogakwa nwaanyi bu kwa okpata aku...Ya wete bread, nwunye ya eweta akara...Maka ihe uto...and good life.

A family, actually a professor..O gwara m si ya gwara Ada ya si, Uwa ugbu a, nwaanyi must bring something to table...For a good life in the family...Time of Obiageri aku and Odoziaku have gone...Umu nwoke muzi anya now ka azu...grin

Not just being educated alone, it's about having something doing.

Yes. Times have changed.

No no...Ihe m wu, wu a lone eagle...That thing happened because of the environment and normal nysc PPA setting.

My friends are mostly female sha, but not that closer...E nwere boundary...especially if I am in a relationship...The babe ga enwe Queen sit amongst all my friends..cheesy Before ihe mmadu a wuru nke onye ozo..lol

Ok. cheesy

She might have a problem with it if she’s the jealous type.
Re: Should I Move Out Of My Parent's House by Munzy14(m): 7:53pm On Jul 23, 2021
mariahAngel:

Yes. Times have changed.

Ok. cheesy

She might have a problem with it if she’s the jealous type.

Yea...

Mba o...If I am in a relationship and my SO isn't cool with some stuffs, I will work on it...I ma obi di nwaanyi mma, ya mere her man giveaway...cheesy

So obi na di ya mma oge n'ile gi mara na aha enyi ya nwoke ma o wu di ga wuzi palliative..grin
Re: Should I Move Out Of My Parent's House by mariahAngel(f): 11:48am On Jul 24, 2021
Munzy14:

Yea...

Mba o...If I am in a relationship and my SO isn't cool with some stuffs, I will work on it...I ma obi di nwaanyi mma, ya mere her man giveaway...cheesy

So obi na di ya mma oge n'ile gi mara na aha enyi ya nwoke ma o wu di ga wuzi palliative..grin

Palliative. grin
Re: Should I Move Out Of My Parent's House by yuping(m): 12:07pm On Jul 24, 2021
Burneracct:
I am a twenty eight year old man. I still live with my parents although I have a job that pays me just under a hundred thousand naira. I haven't had a relationship in a long while and I'm in the process of getting into a relationship but I feel like the fact that I stay with my parents would negatively affect my chances. I'm considering renting an apartment but then these things are quite expensive in lagos. My parents ahve been supportive thus far. Do you think it's a good idea to move out? What affordable housing options are available assuming I'm to move out?
Move out you have money and your parent also need the space (privacy)
Re: Should I Move Out Of My Parent's House by Munzy14(m): 7:23pm On Jul 24, 2021
mariahAngel:

Palliative. grin
gringrin
Re: Should I Move Out Of My Parent's House by ThothHermes: 8:34pm On Jul 24, 2021
NoToPile:
I don't really get what the issue is with young men rushing to move out, shuu.

Gain some financial stability naa
You can wait for financial stability forever. I left home the first chance I got. In fact relocated to a new starte. Had no penny. Never going back.
Re: Should I Move Out Of My Parent's House by Nobody: 12:23am On Jul 25, 2021
Burneracct:
I must say I'm surprised at the comments I have received. I was thinking its silly to have stayed this long. The reason I stayed so far was because I've been saving up to relocate to a foreign country. Most of my friends have their apartments though. I just wanted to see if I was wrong for thinking differently.

I will highly suggest according to NoToPile's advice, get some financial stability.

If I were you, I would first focus on increasing my earnings from below 100k to below 200k first, before getting an apartment.

Your current earnings will not help your plans because you barely even earn enough to live decently in Lagos except you are living inside remote areas in Ikorodu. Now you want to add your girlfriend's bill to your rent bills.

May the Lord be with you oh.
Re: Should I Move Out Of My Parent's House by NoToPile: 5:45am On Jul 25, 2021
mariahAngel:

As in!

It’s not like there’s pressure or anything to be ashamed of, since everyone knows the situation of the country.

I don't even understand the craving for the move out move out I see except your place of work is quite far from home I don't see the reason.

There are people who started building their houses before they left their parents place.

Now that he is still single and not yet married he can invest a sizeable amount of his income,increase the income etc all he will do is drop allowance at home shikena.

His reason is event because of relationship? Shey the girl can't visit him in their parlor ni grin

He earns under 100k and he is looking for an apartment when he already has a roof over his head its not even as if he wants to marry which might necessitate the move.

All he should be thinking is how to increase the income /investment if you ask me.
Re: Should I Move Out Of My Parent's House by frozen70(f): 6:06am On Jul 25, 2021
Burneracct:

How much have you saved so far

Can you afford to feed yourself and a babe assuming she comes regularly

Start with a self contain apartment
Re: Should I Move Out Of My Parent's House by Unbothered14: 6:01pm On Sep 14, 2021
mariahAngel:

I agree with the last part sha.
grin grin
Re: Should I Move Out Of My Parent's House by mariahAngel(f): 8:08pm On Sep 14, 2021
Unbothered14:

grin grin

Gini mere Munzy? cheesy
Re: Should I Move Out Of My Parent's House by Matheusmartin: 8:49pm On Sep 14, 2021
Raymond0008:
What if you marry, will you and your wife stay in your parents house! My guy try to they settle things yourself early make e no choke when you start paying bills, like electricity, light even food atimes. I left home at 15yrs old and almost the same age with you.
You left home in the village at 15 to go stay with a relative in another city or you actually left at that age and started fending for yourself..??.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Help My Wife To Arrange Her Names On Her C.v / American's Parenting Guide: The Dos And Don'ts In Pictures. / Characteristics Of Beta Male (Mangina) Traits Black/African Men Must Avoid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.