Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,944 members, 7,952,806 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 02:43 AM

2023 Presidency: North’s Four-Year Claim After Buhari Can’t Stand – Afenifere - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023 Presidency: North’s Four-Year Claim After Buhari Can’t Stand – Afenifere (15211 Views)

Senate Presidency: North Resumes Bid Through Yari - Daily Sun / Presidency: Why Buhari Can’t Wait To Leave Office – Femi Adesina / Presidency: North Can’t Dictate To Others - Ayo Adebanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023 Presidency: North’s Four-Year Claim After Buhari Can’t Stand – Afenifere by executive12: 7:33am On Jul 22, 2021
Ovamboland:

Solomon, the two women and a dead child. He applied wisdom here.

Proof that you think like the woman with the dead child and lack wisdom

And you think you are wise by supporting the marginalisation of the South East
Re: 2023 Presidency: North’s Four-Year Claim After Buhari Can’t Stand – Afenifere by careytommy37(m): 7:35am On Jul 22, 2021
When they were chanting 6 years of Jonathan and yoruba's were stupidly concurring and asserting it, they didn't know the hausa's had a different purpose for their calculation.
Personally, I don't care about 9ja again. Hell rufai can be voted in for all I care to bring hell on 9ja to you all. tongue

3 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: North’s Four-Year Claim After Buhari Can’t Stand – Afenifere by Iyiataata92: 7:36am On Jul 22, 2021
boookworm:

Oga u are a northerner who came to this thread to causing disunity amongst the south and watch them fight each other while you cling on to power. We are wiser now. We know this format already.

It is now very obvious that the northerners fear the unity of the south
Really? Is that how things work?
Re: 2023 Presidency: North’s Four-Year Claim After Buhari Can’t Stand – Afenifere by Iyiataata92: 7:37am On Jul 22, 2021
executive12:

And you think you are wise by supporting the marginalisation of the South East
Ask him again
Re: 2023 Presidency: North’s Four-Year Claim After Buhari Can’t Stand – Afenifere by executive12: 7:39am On Jul 22, 2021
Ovamboland:

SE wahala they should go and compete for it like adults not kids throwing tantrums.

NW and NE east competed for the presidency and twice it ended in NW even from same state Katsina, but but they're matured about it. They're not saying if it doesn't come to NE then south should have it. But south still thinks they have sense because they go school more than north

And why are you Southerners claiming that it is your turn instead of , according to you, going out there and competing for it
You sure come across as a hypocrite.
Re: 2023 Presidency: North’s Four-Year Claim After Buhari Can’t Stand – Afenifere by danilmo: 7:41am On Jul 22, 2021
Iyiataata92:
Afenifere should be more specific when shouting South south south. They should know that if the south were to produce a president, it should be from the south east..
If they won't have it this way, then the presidency rather remain in the north until the south receive sense.

Wack threat.. remain north kor.. go and force it to remain north.. with the way Yoruba is positioning self North would be forced to release it.. we no dey beg for ram , na claim we they claim am with all bargaining..

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: North’s Four-Year Claim After Buhari Can’t Stand – Afenifere by billyG(m): 7:41am On Jul 22, 2021
Are d northern youths aware that their northern leaders have ruin Nigeria & taken us 100 decades backward?
Re: 2023 Presidency: North’s Four-Year Claim After Buhari Can’t Stand – Afenifere by kraftysprouts: 7:42am On Jul 22, 2021
Iyiataata92:
Afenifere should be more specific when shouting South south south. They should know that if the south were to produce a president, it should be from the south east..
If they won't have it this way, then the presidency rather remain in the north until the south receive sense.

Yes o
Re: 2023 Presidency: North’s Four-Year Claim After Buhari Can’t Stand – Afenifere by Nobody: 7:45am On Jul 22, 2021
Electing a southern president, is just electing another southerner a rubber stamp, aanother Fulani puppet -we need a referendum not a southern president- one cannot talk about a Nigerian referendum without bringing Biafra into the picture as the embers of events leading to the civil war in the 70's appears to be re-ignited. But beyond this (Biafra matter), referendum is an act that could have a far-reaching effect, and countries that are truly democratic in setting, have employed this in addressing specific issues of national concern.

So, there lies the question: What is a Referendum? – According to Encyclopedia.com; A referendum is a form of direct democracy in which the entire electorate votes to accept or reject a policy proposal. The given definition has two key components I will like to highlight: ‘the Electorate’ and ‘Policy’. These two (elements) have a tremendous influence on the eventual outcome of the vote- the electorate is been expected to response to the question raised in the referendum by simply choosing to accept or reject.

A referendum is more like seeking a mutual avenue to end a ‘dispute’: putting one forward does not necessarily mean acceding to defeat plus there is no certainty that the victory will sway to one side or another until the votes are counted. However, it is important to state here that the state here that whatever move that is being must not be done without the state legislature’s involvement. In other words, referendum can only be permitted within the ambit of the law. Failure to do this will be tantamount to committing treason.

Now, focusing the lens on Nigeria; it would be injudicious to solely pin the word ‘Referendum’ to Biafra and the activities of IPOB- a scenario that borders on secession. The concept behind referendum is obviously broader than that, and there are a whole lot of issues that can be tackled through referendums. Again, we seem to sort of see referendum in ‘bad light’ in this part of the world so much that a special assistant to the president once put objectivity to the swords by limiting referendum to the Biafra situation. But far from it; the practice, if intently pursued, can help us correct some maladies that are apparent in the nation’s polity since it provides the avenue for the electorate to free express their opinions.

However, the ‘sad truth’ is that there is no such provision in the Nigerian constitution. So, before we can have a Nigerian referendum, there has to be a constitutional review. But who will ‘bell the cat’, and move the notion for the inclusion of referendum in the constitution?
If we are to progress as a truly democratic- with no inkling of dictatorship- nation then the electorate have got to be involved in [a more profound manner] in the decision-making process- not just the general election- especially as it regards passing certain laws.

The Nigerian referendum is not just about Biafra, and should not be limited to that. More so, considering the fact that some of the edicts that are presently in effect were triggered during the military regime, it is necessary to mastermind a means of reviewing some of those policies thus setting the tone for a restructured Nigeria- as such, referendums should be evoked to have this done. Besides, allowing referendums to take place will certainly quell many agitations that have without the use of force rising over the years as we get to reach a point where we agree to disagree.

Re: 2023 Presidency: North’s Four-Year Claim After Buhari Can’t Stand – Afenifere by Signum(f): 7:46am On Jul 22, 2021
tomiwakeem:
ohanaeze is almost useless today because people like you and nnandi kanu made it do, have you heard Yoruba's insulting their elders the way you and nnandi KANU does?
Tomorrow your likes will expect ohanaeze to speak on the arrested supleme leader behalf, is that not funny?

Are you not Ashamed to see the kind of support Yoruba's are giving igboho? That is because he worked with his people while you and your ipob leader continue to insult your elders and threaten everyone that does not align with your own ideas.

When you say Igboho worked with his people, to me you don't know what ur saying.. same Igboho that insulted clergy like Adeboye for being adamant in the face of bad leadership? Same Igboho that insulted even the Oba's for being silent over tyranny?
Re: 2023 Presidency: North’s Four-Year Claim After Buhari Can’t Stand – Afenifere by executive12: 7:47am On Jul 22, 2021
LegalWolf:

Honestly speaking, I think the South West elites are greedy. Those who want the presidency to go to the South West don’t mean well for Nigeria and should never be trusted. C’mon, you’ve produced a president and Vice President for 26 years (within a space of 24) and you still have the audacity to demand the presidency come to the SW? Why, if I may ask? If the reverse were the case, how would they feel? And the unfortunate thing is that within this 24 years, a major ethnic group haven’t even gotten close to the nopresidency.

I just hope that something happen in the APC primaries that an Igbo man will emerge. PDP in its current form is useless. Their opposition card is just annoying and they’ve allowed this mess of a political party get away with many things.

Well said. Don't mind these Southern hypocrites. The scenario that will probably emerge is that APC will likely pick SW as they were promised by Buhari.
Then the PDP will pick a Northerner with SE VP.
Then the Northern voters will vote their man. In the end, the Presidency will stay in the North.
Hopefully this Northerner will support true restructuring.
This scenario could also hasten the looming disintegration of the country.
Re: 2023 Presidency: North’s Four-Year Claim After Buhari Can’t Stand – Afenifere by executive12: 7:49am On Jul 22, 2021
Amotekun777:

Okoro pple are too dis-united to rule a united Nigeria.

Nigeria has never been united. I don't expect a fool to know that.
Re: 2023 Presidency: North’s Four-Year Claim After Buhari Can’t Stand – Afenifere by NaijaSumi: 7:49am On Jul 22, 2021
keentola:
If you're looking for ways to update your library with good books, you can contact me.
Notable books I have in my library:
Soldiers of Fortune by Max Siollun
All Chimamanda's books
Ben Okri's books
Dan Brown's
Munroe, Osteen, Benny Hinn and other Christian authors.
Books on civil war.

How do I get in touch... Drop your WhatsApp contact
Books on self-development.
Books on Politics and Philosophy.
Autobiographies and Biographies.
Rare Books
Re: 2023 Presidency: North’s Four-Year Claim After Buhari Can’t Stand – Afenifere by executive12: 7:52am On Jul 22, 2021
Blackdisciple:
Yes ooo, but na still Una go vote for atiku simply because em carry Peter Obi as his vice.

How about you people that voted Buhari twice because em carry Osinbajo as his vice? See what you guys have gotten us into?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency: North’s Four-Year Claim After Buhari Can’t Stand – Afenifere by executive12: 7:53am On Jul 22, 2021
ofiko123:
Many wouldn't even live to see 2023...

The vast majority will.
Re: 2023 Presidency: North’s Four-Year Claim After Buhari Can’t Stand – Afenifere by executive12: 8:00am On Jul 22, 2021
boookworm:

Oga u are a northerner who came to this thread to causing disunity amongst the south and watch them fight each other while you cling on to power. We are wiser now. We know this format already.

It is now very obvious that the northerners fear the unity of the south

He might be a Northerner alright. But please what is your position on SE producing the Presidency
It is the Southerners that divide themselves. Don't blame the North. If you support continued marginalisation of the SE, then I will say to hell with Southern unity. What has the so called Northern unity gotten for the indigenes of the Middle belt region?
Re: 2023 Presidency: North’s Four-Year Claim After Buhari Can’t Stand – Afenifere by executive12: 8:05am On Jul 22, 2021
danilmo:

Wack threat.. remain north kor.. go and force it to remain north.. with the way Yoruba is positioning self North would be forced to release it.. we no dey beg for ram , na claim we they claim am with all bargaining..

Chest beater spotted. I guess you are the one that will select candidates for the two major parties, right
Re: 2023 Presidency: North’s Four-Year Claim After Buhari Can’t Stand – Afenifere by executive12: 8:09am On Jul 22, 2021
billyG:
Are d northern youths aware that their northern leaders have ruin Nigeria & taken us 100 decades backward?

Really? And how did the few Southern leaders we got perform?
The clowns could not even restructure the damn country.
When I make a case for restructuring, my Northern friends ask me why Obasanjo and Jonathan (especially) did not restructure the country. Do you have an answer to that question?

3 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: North’s Four-Year Claim After Buhari Can’t Stand – Afenifere by authority2006(m): 8:13am On Jul 22, 2021
When southern governors and lawmakers were having their needless meetings and coming out with their useless outcomes, all sensible Nigerians knew that they were only creating suspicion and further polarising their fragile relationship with the northerners. Something that was coming to you naturally!
Re: 2023 Presidency: North’s Four-Year Claim After Buhari Can’t Stand – Afenifere by QuotaSystem: 8:14am On Jul 22, 2021
executive12:

I guess,in your warped tribalist mind, the South East does not exist, right?
Your eyes will clear when a Northerner emerges President in 2023.
The Presidency is by election and the PDP could pick a Northerner if the APC presents SW or SS. Your eyes will clear.

The South East has not and is refusing to do its homework. Nobody will gift you the Presidency on a plate.

Nobody is being tribalistic but realistic.

3 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: North’s Four-Year Claim After Buhari Can’t Stand – Afenifere by Ayomi90: 8:14am On Jul 22, 2021
Iyiataata92:
It will be anywhere from the South, in short shldnt be from West nor East.
Re: 2023 Presidency: North’s Four-Year Claim After Buhari Can’t Stand – Afenifere by authority2006(m): 8:16am On Jul 22, 2021
billyG:

Blame the north, the usual scapegoats. There are more thieves in leadership positions in the south than in the north. It is not a coincidence that debts is killing all the states in the south and your leaders have nothing to justify the borrowing.
Re: 2023 Presidency: North’s Four-Year Claim After Buhari Can’t Stand – Afenifere by Jackson105: 8:30am On Jul 22, 2021
Iyiataata92:

You are the one that need to receive sense. If you folks can't get your presidency under PDP, then you can as well go to hell, but for Igbos to get presidency under APC the Islamic Ewedu party is an abomination that sane Nigerians will never allow to happen.

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: North’s Four-Year Claim After Buhari Can’t Stand – Afenifere by cybersoldiers: 8:31am On Jul 22, 2021
colorsofrainbow:

Afenifere's eyes have been clear right from time..
They are the only genuine mouthpiece of the South.They have been voicing out right from Adam.That is the TRUTH and nothing but the TRUTH. Ohanaeze ndi oshi and the Niger Delta elders are Fulani puupets who can't even say such.
I'm Igbo but you see AFENIFERE,na only them get BALLS for the entire Southern region in regards to elders.
The worst na Ohanaeze ndi oshi, sadly that's where I come from undecided

I'm Yoruba but Afeniferre Ole are nothing but an extension of the Fulani caliphate with headquarters in Ilorin.

All these useless organizations that are confused.

As a Yoruba without bias or sentiments, THE RIGHT PEOPLE TO PRODUCE PRESIDENT FROM THE SOUTH IS IGBO OF THE SOUTHEAST.
Re: 2023 Presidency: North’s Four-Year Claim After Buhari Can’t Stand – Afenifere by KILLTHECOWS(f): 8:31am On Jul 22, 2021
Buhari 8 years is like 16years in my sight...he should do and go let me collect my survival certificate.....
The northern youths should learn how to calculate figures
They forget to add balewa, gowon,Ibb,abdulsalam ,muritala ,abacha years... Minus it from the years of ironsi(6months), obasanjo and Jonathan years...with the result I got,south should have an outstanding 20years plus..

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: North’s Four-Year Claim After Buhari Can’t Stand – Afenifere by Jackson105: 8:34am On Jul 22, 2021
executive12:

I don't know if you are actually from the South East, but you are correct about Afenifere. Right from the get go, they have been on the side of the truth.
But they should be more forthcoming about where exactly in the South the next President should come from. The South East should produce the next President.

They should produce the president under PDP, be specific in your demand, that's why they should contest under PDP, but for APC ticket it is foolishness/suicidal to give it to any igbo, Islamic Ewedu party is it not? You guys will have sense last last
Re: 2023 Presidency: North’s Four-Year Claim After Buhari Can’t Stand – Afenifere by Joetttimua1811(m): 8:34am On Jul 22, 2021
Power power fight everyday, no thought of solutions to the problem in the corn tree ..... Who do is like this na?

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: North’s Four-Year Claim After Buhari Can’t Stand – Afenifere by Jackson105: 8:36am On Jul 22, 2021
LegalWolf:

Honestly speaking, I think the South West elites are greedy. Those who want the presidency to go to the South West don’t mean well for Nigeria and should never be trusted. C’mon, you’ve produced a president and Vice President for 26 years (within a space of 24) and you still have the audacity to demand the presidency come to the SW? Why, if I may ask? If the reverse were the case, how would they feel? And the unfortunate thing is that within this 24 years, a major ethnic group haven’t even gotten close to the presidency.

I just hope that something happen in the APC primaries that an Igbo man will emerge. PDP in its current form is useless. Their opposition card is just annoying and they’ve allowed this mess of a political party get away with many things.

So APC should give it Islamic Ewedu ticket to Igbos that hate it with passion? Do you guys have brain at all? Why can't your demand it from PDP which you have been slaving for
Re: 2023 Presidency: North’s Four-Year Claim After Buhari Can’t Stand – Afenifere by Wickedfact: 8:37am On Jul 22, 2021
executive12:

And why are you Southerners claiming that it is your turn instead of , according to you, going out there and competing for it
You sure come across as a hypocrite.

Do you compete for Unity schools admission where you score 2 and get admitted over those who scored 120. Or do you compete for University admission where you claim to be educationally disadvantaged and get admitted with 160 over those who scored 260.
If you like, don't hand over to the South. What your eyes will see, you will see, you will beg to hand over power, it will be too late.
Re: 2023 Presidency: North’s Four-Year Claim After Buhari Can’t Stand – Afenifere by Wickedfact: 8:42am On Jul 22, 2021
authority2006:
When southern governors and lawmakers were having their needless meetings and coming out with their useless outcomes, all sensible Nigerians knew that they were only creating suspicion and further polarising their fragile relationship with the northerners. Something that was coming to you naturally!

It gives me joy seeing you Abokis crying over southern unity. You haven't seen anything yet, wait for the coming months.
Re: 2023 Presidency: North’s Four-Year Claim After Buhari Can’t Stand – Afenifere by Wickedfact: 8:44am On Jul 22, 2021
authority2006:

Blame the north, the usual scapegoats. There are more thieves in leadership positions in the south than in the north. It is not a coincidence that debts is killing all the states in the south and your leaders have nothing to justify the borrowing.

Only economically viable entities are considered for financial facilities. Southern states feed you parasites. Your states don't attract loans or investors because you are mentally barren and your states are unproductive. Imagine giving Jigawa or Yobe a loan.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

President Buhari Congratulates Antonio Guterres, New UN Secretary-general / Aisha Wakil 'Mama Boko Haram' Nominated for Peace Award in Australia / EndSARS: South West Monachs Blame Politicians’ Greed For Money For Riots

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.