Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,967 members, 7,810,680 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:13 PM

How To Handle My Colleague Sexual Feelings Towards Me Without Hurting Her - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How To Handle My Colleague Sexual Feelings Towards Me Without Hurting Her (2462 Views)

How Do I Leave A Single Mother Without Hurting Her? / How Can I Cut This Guy Off Without Hurting His Feelings? / How Do I Dump My Girlfriend Without Hurting Her? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Handle My Colleague Sexual Feelings Towards Me Without Hurting Her by SteveDGreat: 1:49pm On Jul 22, 2021
In my office, a female coworker frankly declared her feelings to me. She accused me of not paying attention to her when she needed it.

I informed her that I do not catch feelings at work and would not do so. She pleaded with me to at least respond to her conversations or call her on a daily basis.

I tried to do it just not to hurt her feelings, but quickly stopped when I noticed she is developing deeper feelings.

She is aware of my ex date that didn't work. I am single, but I don't wanna date her, cos it is a dead end. I will end up sleeping with her. And I seriously don't want to engage in that.

She seize every opportunity we are alone to bring up the feelings talk. How do I manage this without hurting her feelings.

Re: How To Handle My Colleague Sexual Feelings Towards Me Without Hurting Her by caesymore(m): 1:52pm On Jul 22, 2021
Oga your story no show.
For me I no fit date a colleague,
so if one shows interest like this one I would have said lets define
our relationship as to be colleagues with benefits but when I think of it
I swear I come to conclusion that its a no no because it could be disastrous
doing such means you are jeopardizing your means of livelihood.
That shit could cost you your job.

4 Likes

Re: How To Handle My Colleague Sexual Feelings Towards Me Without Hurting Her by Ynix(m): 1:54pm On Jul 22, 2021
Tell her you are not interested in any relationship yet, you need some space to heal of your previous relationship

5 Likes

Re: How To Handle My Colleague Sexual Feelings Towards Me Without Hurting Her by heniford2: 2:04pm On Jul 22, 2021
This particular girl will mess you up in that office just cut the shit off or have a one night and embrace what is coming undecided
Re: How To Handle My Colleague Sexual Feelings Towards Me Without Hurting Her by spydera: 2:05pm On Jul 22, 2021
Normal
Re: How To Handle My Colleague Sexual Feelings Towards Me Without Hurting Her by ArcFresky(m): 2:10pm On Jul 22, 2021
grin grin

Just clarify the relationship...
Is it friends with benefits or marriage she wants.

Let everyone know their stand.
Re: How To Handle My Colleague Sexual Feelings Towards Me Without Hurting Her by WiszyFraud: 2:10pm On Jul 22, 2021
lipsrsealed
Mr Op..
What if she’s here on Nairaland?
Girl will be sooo disappointed.. undecided
Re: How To Handle My Colleague Sexual Feelings Towards Me Without Hurting Her by SteveDGreat: 2:10pm On Jul 22, 2021
heniford2:
This particular girl will mess you up in that office just cut the shit off or have a one night and embrace what is coming undecided

One night, that's exactly what I am avoiding.

Anything sex wont be a nice idea cos I don't have any plan to date her
Re: How To Handle My Colleague Sexual Feelings Towards Me Without Hurting Her by SteveDGreat: 2:11pm On Jul 22, 2021
ArcFresky:
grin grin

Just clarify the relationship...
Is it friends with benefits or marriage she wants.

Let everyone know their stand.

Omo ehhh, even that friends with benefits self is risky. Cos once sex is involve, she don commit be that.
Re: How To Handle My Colleague Sexual Feelings Towards Me Without Hurting Her by heniford2: 2:17pm On Jul 22, 2021
SteveDGreat:

One night, that's exactly what I am avoiding.

Anything sex wont be a nice idea cos I don't have any plan to date her
if your sure you don't want sex with her sit her down tell her you don't have feelings for her tell her your stand that right know your not ready for any relationship use a recorder while doing this maybe ur phone hear what she has to say if she says let's be just friend give her condition if she says lets be sex partner give her condition on it play smart whenever your dealing with woman because every woman close to you have a reason attached to it

2 Likes

Re: How To Handle My Colleague Sexual Feelings Towards Me Without Hurting Her by SteveDGreat: 2:21pm On Jul 22, 2021
heniford2:
if your sure you don't want sex with her sit her down tell her you don't have feelings for her tell her your stand that right know your not ready for any relationship use a recorder while doing this maybe ur phone hear what she has to say if she says let's be just friend give her condition if she says lets be sex partner give her condition on it play smart whenever your dealing with woman because every woman close to you have a reason attached to it

Wooow. Everyone close to me has a reason. Thanks for this

1 Like

Re: How To Handle My Colleague Sexual Feelings Towards Me Without Hurting Her by Fremantle: 2:36pm On Jul 22, 2021
Why is it that people don't get it? When it has to do with emotions it's either u get hurt or the other way around.

Y'all keep asking "how do I tell him/her without hurting their feelings" there's only one outcome to dis question, the person involved will have to deal with it, period.

The least u can do is try to present the issue as light/calm as possible, even at that the person at the receiving end will still get hurt. So it's best to cut the ties early and take a stand, not trying to lead the person deeper consciously or otherwise in the name of "hurting feelings" just like u did here undecided.....
SteveDGreat:
I tried to do it just not to hurt her feelings, but quickly stopped when I noticed she is developing deeper feelings.

Anyway that being said, tell her how u feel about the whole work and romance stuff, you don't buy into such, whatever it is you're doing that u feel is leading her on, put a stop to it.

Everyone has principles, if this is yours the best u can do is stand by it. But one thing I can assure you of is..... She's going to get hurt no matter how u present it. Will only take time she'll be over you.

Although there's another option...... undecided

4 Likes

Re: How To Handle My Colleague Sexual Feelings Towards Me Without Hurting Her by extol1(m): 2:44pm On Jul 22, 2021
ok
Re: How To Handle My Colleague Sexual Feelings Towards Me Without Hurting Her by SteveDGreat: 2:51pm On Jul 22, 2021
Fremantle:
Why is it that people don't get it? When it has to do with emotions it's either u get hurt or the other way around.

Y'all keep asking "how do I tell him/her without hurting their feelings" there's only one outcome to dis question, the person involved will have to deal with it, period.

The least u can do is try to present the issue as light/calm as possible, even at that the person at the receiving end will still get hurt. So it's best to cut the ties early and take a stand, not trying to lead the person deeper consciously or otherwise in the name of "hurting feelings" just like u did here undecided.....

Anyway that being said, tell her how u feel about the whole work and romance stuff, you don't buy into such, whatever it is you're doing that u feel is leading her on, put a stop to it.

Everyone has principles, if this is yours the best u can do is stand by it. But one thing I can assure you of is..... She's going to get hurt no matter how u present it. Will only take time she'll be over you.

Although there's another option...... undecided

Tell me the other option
Re: How To Handle My Colleague Sexual Feelings Towards Me Without Hurting Her by ifytrik(m): 2:58pm On Jul 22, 2021
spydera:
Normal
Re: How To Handle My Colleague Sexual Feelings Towards Me Without Hurting Her by MrBrownJay1(m): 3:51pm On Jul 22, 2021
you went the wrong way about it from the get go... if you dont want anything with the girl then:
A) if you tell a woman you dont catch feeling at work (instead of "i am not interested in you" ) then she will possibly believe that you are into her and that the problem is only that you guys work together. a deranged woman would simply quit the job so that you can now fully date one another.
B) you gave her hope by accepting to reply to her "non work related msgs" and/or call her everyday, as if you guys were more than friends.
C) why do you care so much about not hurting HER feelings above YOUR feelings?! its either you tell her the hard truth and hurt her deranged self OR you keep this charade.
D) the minute she mentionned that she was sometimes jealous that you spoke to your ex, thats when you should have put AN END to this charade.

it doesnt matter that you guys work together, as you DONT WANT HER....thats the simple message you should drill inside that woman's head.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Handle My Colleague Sexual Feelings Towards Me Without Hurting Her by Kondomatic(m): 4:28pm On Jul 22, 2021
What I don't understand is why a man who has been turned down left right and center by women would worry about hurting a woman's feeling when one finally approaches him.

Why don't you keep your face straight and just tell her that it can't work and then back it up with actions?

They don't give a dam about your feelings when they turn you down so why do you care?

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Handle My Colleague Sexual Feelings Towards Me Without Hurting Her by BigDawsNet: 6:40pm On Jul 22, 2021
If you have a feeling go ahead

If you don't...don't bother... won't end well
Re: How To Handle My Colleague Sexual Feelings Towards Me Without Hurting Her by Precioussilas10: 7:03pm On Jul 31, 2021
Following

(1) (Reply)

Exactly What Happens After We Die at d Valley Of The Dead road( Photo ) / This Woman Tattooed Her Boyfriend Picture On Her Face / How I Beat A Lady At Her Own Games

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.