Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,845 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:30 AM

Igbo Slaves Built The Great Wall (Moat) Of Benin - Reno Omokri (Pic) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Slaves Built The Great Wall (Moat) Of Benin - Reno Omokri (Pic) (7853 Views)

Itsekiris And Igbo Slaves / Mad Man Who Built The First Storey Building In Enugu Community (pictures) / Peter Obi Built The Biggest Mall In Abuja During His Tenure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Slaves Built The Great Wall (Moat) Of Benin - Reno Omokri (Pic) by Mastakija(m): 12:29am On Jul 23, 2021
I know igbos will not sleep after reno broke out dat history

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Slaves Built The Great Wall (Moat) Of Benin - Reno Omokri (Pic) by louqas: 12:30am On Jul 23, 2021
Boudiccao:

They wouldn't leave their sweat for you.
Go look for more igbo threads to gnash your teeth because of Igbos.
The Fulanis are still all over the country with their malnourished cows. Nobody will leave their sweat for others just because you think Igbos should do so.

Responding to you and your obsession /hatred for Igbos is a waste of time. End of discussion!!

You are claiming to be hated and still stayed put where you are hated.....NOBODY HATES THE IBOS EXCEPT THE IBOMAN HIMSELF

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Slaves Built The Great Wall (Moat) Of Benin - Reno Omokri (Pic) by isaacsegun(m): 12:54am On Jul 23, 2021
It was a hit back to back.... Bleep the shit, Baba iya eyan grin Reno omokiri on the beat..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Slaves Built The Great Wall (Moat) Of Benin - Reno Omokri (Pic) by FakeUnity: 1:07am On Jul 23, 2021
Then how come the Bini kingdom as powerful as it was couldn't entrench itself into Igboland like the fulanis have entrenched itself into yorubaland by putting a fulani emirate o yorubaland after selling many yorubas in the trans-saharan slave trade.

In every society that was properly conquered, the victors usually put their puppet in place, just like fulani did in yorubaland with an emirate still seating right there in yorubaland, why don't we have same in Igboland? Who is the Oba's rep in Igboland? How come no bini cultural vestiges in Igboland, rather binis even borrow Igbo words like 'Oka' etc in their language..

Reno, you dey blow lies, There are NO FACTS to back up your gobbledegook.. grin

As for the presidency you claimed will go SW, I'll rather it remains in the North if it will not come to the SE. We are not fools that you think you can play pranks with. If the SW claim they made a mistake in 2015, no problem, but allow us to make the same mistake of keeping power in the north in 2023 if the SE is denied the tickets..
Nobody has a monopoly of madness and craftiness.

9 Likes

Re: Igbo Slaves Built The Great Wall (Moat) Of Benin - Reno Omokri (Pic) by Walkee: 1:53am On Jul 23, 2021
IGBOSON1:

It's quite telling that you equate all Igbos with IPOB....just like your god, Buhari! smiley
the truth is that IPOB have soiled the Igbo name so much that you wonder if it can be redeemed. When I was in university I had a lot of Igbo course mates they're all normal well behaved people. They're not abusive, arrogant uncouth or anything but then you open Nairaland, twitter Facebook jeeez conspiracy theories here and there, insults, curses name calling etc. The worst part of it is that they insult other tribes from morning till night but when we respond they start shouting igbophobia which then make people insult or feel contempt towards Igbos. Imagine me cursing you and when you respond I start shouting you hate Ẹdo people

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Slaves Built The Great Wall (Moat) Of Benin - Reno Omokri (Pic) by Walkee: 1:59am On Jul 23, 2021
FakeUnity:
Then how come the Bini kingdom as powerful as it was couldn't entrench itself into Igboland like the fulanis have entrenched itself into yorubaland by putting a fulani emirate o yorubaland after selling many yorubas in the trans-saharan slave trade.

In every society that was properly conquered, the victors usually put their puppet in place, just like fulani did in yorubaland, why don't we have same in Igboland? Who is the Oba's rep in Igboland? How come no bini cultural vestiges in Igboland, rather binis even borrow Igbo words like 'Oka' etc in their language..

Reno, you dey blow lies, There are NO FACTS to back up your gobbledegook.. grin

As for the presidency you claimed will go SW, I'll rather it remains in the North if it will not come to the SE. We are not fools that whom you think you can play pranks with. If the SW claim they made a mistake in 2015, no problem, but allow us to make the same mistake of keeping power in the north if the SE is denied the tickets..
Nobody has a monopoly of madness and craftiness.
parts of Anambra especially Onitsha were colonies of the old Benin as well as Agbọ.
Presidency can't go to the East. Your people have been busy insulting and disparaging every tribes in Nigeria since 2015 you can't really expect us to elect you after the insults can you?

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo Slaves Built The Great Wall (Moat) Of Benin - Reno Omokri (Pic) by FakeUnity: 2:38am On Jul 23, 2021
Walkee:
parts of Anambra especially Onitsha were colonies of the old Benin as well as Agbọ.
Presidency can't go to the East. Your people have been busy insulting and disparaging every tribes in Nigeria since 2015 you can't really expect us to elect you after the insults can you?

So how did Igbos manage to 'enculturate' them without having empires despite them being of bini origin? What happened to their bini language? How did it disappear without a trace?

As for presidency, neither is it going to your yorubaland. We all know Sunday Igboho was created by yoruba politicians to blackmail the country into handing ovet the presidency to yorubas in 2023. He is in a cage now and it won't work. Let's all run mad at the same time.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Slaves Built The Great Wall (Moat) Of Benin - Reno Omokri (Pic) by Walkee: 3:22am On Jul 23, 2021
FakeUnity:

So how did Igbos manage to 'enculturate' them without having empires despite them being og bini origin? What happened to their bini language? How did it disappear without a trace?

As for presidency, neither is it going to your yorubaland. We all know Sunday Igboho was created by yoruba politicians to blackmail the country into handing ovet the presidency to yorubas in 2023. He is in a cage now and it won't work. Let's all run mad at the same time.
Igbos are everywhere naa most especially for trades. Agbọs aren't really Igbos, they're a cross of Edos and Igbos. Onitsha being surrounded by Igbo villages just like Lagos means Igbos will naturally sieve into the town and eventually overrun it in the long run since its a big sight for trading due to the position of the river.
I'm not a Yoruba. I'd normally have no problem voting Igbo person as president but considering how insulting you guys have been since 2015 I don't believe any Southerner will vote for your people. Even the Southern governor meeting that was held few weeks ago your governor didn't attend, your people are all over social media cursing people, how exactly do you expect get elected like that?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Slaves Built The Great Wall (Moat) Of Benin - Reno Omokri (Pic) by Idiko1: 3:55am On Jul 23, 2021
jerseyboy:
Like Good Medicine, History Is Not Always Pleasant

To those who want to unfollow me because of what I wrote about the dominance of the Bini in Precolonial Niger area, please be my guest. Do not delay. Do so now.

To all those who hate me because of that revelation, please accept my sympathies. I am a researcher and a meticulous record keeper. History is not always pleasant. If you want history to always glorify you, then you do not want history, you want story. Truth is the bitterest pill to swallow.

Let me even annoy you some more, many of the people in modern-day Onitsha are of Bini origin. In fact, the elite and titleholders of Onitsha have very close consanguinity to the Binis.

Let it not be said that if you want to hide anything from our people, you should put it in writing.
As long as you do not know your history, you will repeat it. And as long as you are angry when history is revealed because it does not glorify you enough, you will never fully know your history.

Two things made the Igbo more susceptible to slave-raiding than other ethnicities.
The first was the Osu caste system, which made many Igbos sell their own kith and kin to others.
The second thing is that the Igbos never united under one king, neither were they willing to submit themselves unquestionably to one person. That made it possible for other smaller ethnicities who had united under one king to raid Igbo villages.

It is what it is.
The walls of Benin were the largest Earth structure on Earth. Please Google it. Research it. They were larger than anything man had previously built without bricks, bar none. The Benin moat was one of the longest on Earth EVER. Who do you think built it? You think the Binis did that brutally hard work themselves?

It is this same emotional response to issues that made it possible for smaller ethnicities to take advantage of disunity in the past. In 2021, what has changed?

On July 5, 2021, Southern Governors held a meeting in Lagos to press for a Southern Presidency in 2023. All the Southwestern Governors attended. Three Governors of the South-south attended. Only one Governor from the Southeast attended (Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi of Enugu state).
The very next day, Ohana’eze Ndi’Igbo released a statement saying that if the Presidency must return to the South, it must go to the Southeast.

I happen to agree with them. However, how can you get to lead when you do not yet understand the power of unity? As it stands now, if power returns to the South, it is going to the Southwest, not because they deserve it, but because they are united.
Precisely what has changed between 400 hundred years ago and today? And then when someone unearths that history, so lessons can be learned going forward, you gather to heap insults. At the end of the day, the same mistakes of the past are made in the present.
Anybody that tells you what you do not like is your enemy. He has been recruited by Hausa and Fulani.
You want to hear sweet lies about the past. Is that not what the All Progressives Congress did to us? And how far has it taken us?
Again, as I said before, history is not always pleasant. But if you do not learn from it, then your future will also not be pleasant.
As Christ said “you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.” Free from marginalisation, fractionalisation, and alienation.
Thank you all, and may God bless you.
Reno Omokri

Gospeller. Deep Thinker. #1 Bestselling author of Facts Versus Fiction: The True Story of the Jonathan Years. Avid traveller. Hollywood Magazine Film Festival Humanitarian of the Year, 2019.

I really do not think you made anybody annoyed instead you flaunted your stupidity in the public. I would want you to state which Igbo community was raided by any power including the mighty British. When British had field day pillaging village Empires and sacking their lily-livered weaklings in the protectorate, Ndigbo forced British to sign treaty after treaty from one community to another. When Nana of Itsekiri was chased all over the place, only Ndigbo were able to hid him and dared the British.

8 Likes

Re: Igbo Slaves Built The Great Wall (Moat) Of Benin - Reno Omokri (Pic) by LegendHero(m): 3:57am On Jul 23, 2021
Ever8090:
This man dey find ipob trouble every now and then, so what he is trying to say is that, the Benin kingdom was using the black Israeli jews as slaves or what?...

Black Israeli fake Jew don suffer for Reno hand.

Chai kilode!

Reno said the truth below:
On July 5, 2021, Southern Governors held a meeting in Lagos to press for a Southern Presidency in 2023. All the Southwestern Governors attended. Three Governors of the South-south attended. Only one Governor from the Southeast attended (Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi of Enugu state).
The very next day, Ohana’eze Ndi’Igbo released a statement saying that if the Presidency must return to the South, it must go to the Southeast.

I happen to agree with them. However, how can you get to lead when you do not yet understand the power of unity? As it stands now, if power returns to the South, it is going to the Southwest, not because they deserve it, but because they are united.
Precisely what has changed between 400 hundred years ago and today? And then when someone unearths that history, so lessons can be learned going forward, you gather to heap insults. At the end of the day, the same mistakes of the past are made in the present.
Anybody that tells you what you do not like is your enemy. He has been recruited by Hausa and Fulani.
You want to hear sweet lies about the past. Is that not what the All Progressives Congress did to us? And how far has it taken us?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo Slaves Built The Great Wall (Moat) Of Benin - Reno Omokri (Pic) by kingthreat(m): 4:53am On Jul 23, 2021
A united set of Igbo people captured vast space in Ibibio land and named it Arochukwu
A united set of Igbo fought the British for months during the Arochukwu and Isioma wars.
A united Igbo fought a 3 year war on a united Nigerian army. They didnt win but they were a major threat.
Now imagine what a united igbo people can achieve. If they were not landlocked, I would have supported their secession. But with the way things are, the Igbo people with unity, the right ideals and enterprising nature can make a great difference in Nigeria and Africa as a whole.
But the question is, "Are they ready"?
Me that is talking, not even my tribe is ready sef. Black man and him plenty wahala. Make I go rest abeg.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Slaves Built The Great Wall (Moat) Of Benin - Reno Omokri (Pic) by Nobody: 5:17am On Jul 23, 2021
cool Benin is the City of the Stars...

1 Like

Re: Igbo Slaves Built The Great Wall (Moat) Of Benin - Reno Omokri (Pic) by EMMY76: 5:23am On Jul 23, 2021
Historiian indeed it depends on who wrote down the history but how come this same bini people are the ones selling themselves into sex slavery in Italy and lybia today compared to the igbos who loves to live large as free men? There are bini mythology that claimed that the bini moat wall was singlehandedly
built by a very powerful giant who was a bini prince so I don't know where reno got his own story from.
Re: Igbo Slaves Built The Great Wall (Moat) Of Benin - Reno Omokri (Pic) by GerogeI(m): 5:26am On Jul 23, 2021
jerseyboy:
Like Good Medicine, History Is Not Always Pleasant

To those who want to unfollow me because of what I wrote about the dominance of the Bini in Precolonial Niger area, please be my guest. Do not delay. Do so now.

To all those who hate me because of that revelation, please accept my sympathies. I am a researcher and a meticulous record keeper. History is not always pleasant. If you want history to always glorify you, then you do not want history, you want story. Truth is the bitterest pill to swallow.

Let me even annoy you some more, many of the people in modern-day Onitsha are of Bini origin. In fact, the elite and titleholders of Onitsha have very close consanguinity to the Binis.

Let it not be said that if you want to hide anything from our people, you should put it in writing.
As long as you do not know your history, you will repeat it. And as long as you are angry when history is revealed because it does not glorify you enough, you will never fully know your history.

Two things made the Igbo more susceptible to slave-raiding than other ethnicities.
The first was the Osu caste system, which made many Igbos sell their own kith and kin to others.
The second thing is that the Igbos never united under one king, neither were they willing to submit themselves unquestionably to one person. That made it possible for other smaller ethnicities who had united under one king to raid Igbo villages.

It is what it is.
The walls of Benin were the largest Earth structure on Earth. Please Google it. Research it. They were larger than anything man had previously built without bricks, bar none. The Benin moat was one of the longest on Earth EVER. Who do you think built it? You think the Binis did that brutally hard work themselves?

It is this same emotional response to issues that made it possible for smaller ethnicities to take advantage of disunity in the past. In 2021, what has changed?

Again, as I said before, history is not always pleasant. But if you do not learn from it, then your future will also not be pleasant.
As Christ said “you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.” Free from marginalisation, fractionalisation, and alienation.
Thank you all, and may God bless you.
Reno Omokri

Gospeller. Deep Thinker. #1 Bestselling author of Facts Versus Fiction: The True Story of the Jonathan Years. Avid traveller. Hollywood Magazine Film Festival Humanitarian of the Year, 2019.

Reno Omokri is not just an idiot, but nothing in his write up places him as a researcher nor any sort of historian. Just an opportunist who thinks his internet access can be exploited for self juxtaposed ethnic supremacy dreams, which he is undoubtedly subtly passing out as history.

It does not take much to point out his fallacy, and I would only bother to reference one relevant writer, who has been traced to originate from the outlying fringes to which Reno dreams of being a master.

Kindly read the write up of Oluadah Equiano and note my specific except.

https://docsouth.unc.edu/neh/equiano1/equiano1.html

5 Likes

Re: Igbo Slaves Built The Great Wall (Moat) Of Benin - Reno Omokri (Pic) by GerogeI(m): 5:27am On Jul 23, 2021
Page4
" That part of Africa, known by the name of Guinea, to which the trade for slaves is carried on, extends along the coast above 3400 miles, from the Senegal to Angola, and includes a variety of kingdoms. Of these the most considerable is the kingdom of Benen, both as to extent and wealth, the richness and cultivation of the soil, the power of its king, and the number and warlike disposition of the inhabitants. It is situated nearly under the line, and extends along the coast about 170 miles, but runs back into the interior part of Africa to a distance hitherto I believe unexplored by any traveller; and seems only terminated at length by the empire of Abyssinia, near 1500 miles from its beginning. This kingdom is divided into many provinces or districts: in one of the most remote and fertile of which. called Eboe, I was born, in the year 1745, in a charming fruitful vale, named Essaka. The distance of this province from the capital of Benin and the sea coast must be very considerable; for I had never heard of white men or Europeans, nor of the sea: and our subjection to the king of Benin was little more than nominal; for every transaction of the government, as far as my slender observation extended, was conducted by the chiefs or elders of the place. The manners and government of a people who have little commerce with other countries are generally very simple; and the history of what passes in one family or village may serve as a specimen of a nation. "

The Benin kingdom had little or no influence on Oluadah Equiano's village. If his people were being taken as slaves by Benin, won't he know Benin or Benen as he writes prior to enslavement. Won't his people be paying tribute to almighty Benin?

1 Like

Re: Igbo Slaves Built The Great Wall (Moat) Of Benin - Reno Omokri (Pic) by summerflame(m): 5:41am On Jul 23, 2021
LikeAking:
This stupid man.

Always talking gibberish.

You guys are slaves to the binis and benins.

It is what is it but it's the truth

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Slaves Built The Great Wall (Moat) Of Benin - Reno Omokri (Pic) by summerflame(m): 5:42am On Jul 23, 2021
LamidiCownu:
Osu slaves tongue

The descendants of ojukwu and nnamdi kanu will come for you ..

Those chest beating cowards

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Slaves Built The Great Wall (Moat) Of Benin - Reno Omokri (Pic) by KosiGee(m): 5:43am On Jul 23, 2021
The second thing is that the Igbos never united under one king, neither were they willing to submit themselves unquestionably to one person. That made it possible for other smaller ethnicities who had united under one king to raid Igbo villages

Reno need to do his research properly. I think he was in haste to write and upload this.
Slavery was successful in Igbo land because the major players were Igbos themselves and it wasn’t due to disunity or the raiding of Igbo towns by smaller ethnicities.

There were people and families who were infamous for slavery in Igbo land. Those families are still there. It’s very much like the Evans of those days.
There were notable merchants from Awka, Amawbia, Agulu etc. These people raided villages or captured vulnerable individuals along (agu/ogboli/ozala) routes...then there are some very unpopular individuals from Arondizuogu who kidnapped and traded people around the Atlantic coasts.

Awka people sold slaves across the Niger . Slave merchants from Arondizuogu traded at the Atlantic coasts. Other ethnicities around the riverline areas assisted as middle men. The big players of the infamous business were actually Igbo merchants. I see them same way I see kidnappers of today. There is nothing to celebrate and brag about slavery.

I do not doubt that the bini moat was built by slaves, I don’t believe that the binis crossed the river to raid towns. They would’ve been captured and sold off themselves. They wouldn’t have survived the competition.
Apart from the known individuals who traded big, there were others Ogidi, Okija, Nri who captured and sold across the Niger or to the ‘big’ players from Awka and Amawbia.

I’m in interested in knowing which Igbo towns that were raided by other ethnicities. Across the Niger and the present day Onitsha was more of a fortress.

The merchants initially got their weapons (swords, machetes, spears) from black smiths at Awka. Some around the Igboukwu bought weapons from Isuofia...Umueze community of present day Isuofia bought weapons from Akulu village where every household had a blacksmith...

The merchants traded and brought Dane guns to facilitate their businesses. These daneguns were replicated by Awka and Isuofia blacksmiths who in turn sold these weapons to other ethnicities.

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Slaves Built The Great Wall (Moat) Of Benin - Reno Omokri (Pic) by afroedo: 5:43am On Jul 23, 2021
he tells the true about history, this is not about been hated

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Slaves Built The Great Wall (Moat) Of Benin - Reno Omokri (Pic) by summerflame(m): 5:44am On Jul 23, 2021
IGBOSON1:

It's quite telling that you equate all Igbos with IPOB....just like your god, Buhari! smiley

Bini slave, how market ?

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Slaves Built The Great Wall (Moat) Of Benin - Reno Omokri (Pic) by PlayerMeji: 5:46am On Jul 23, 2021
This calls for mutiny...

Whether he is historically correct or not, there is a message Reno is trying to pass across.

Igbo needs to unite politically!

Don't throw the bathwater away with the baby.

KosiGee:
The second thing is that the Igbos never united under one king, neither were they willing to submit themselves unquestionably to one person. That made it possible for other smaller ethnicities who had united under one king to raid Igbo villages

Reno need to do his research properly. I think he was in haste to write and upload this.
Slavery was successful in Igbo land because the major players were Igbos themselves and it wasn’t due to disunity or the raiding of Igbo towns by smaller ethnicities.

There were people and families who were infamous for slavery in Igbo land. Those families are still there. It’s very much like the Evans of those days.
There were notable merchants from Awka, Amawbia, Agulu etc. These people raided villages or captured vulnerable individuals along (agu/ogboli/ozala) routes...then there are some very unpopular individuals from Arondizuogu who kidnapped and traded people around the Atlantic coasts.

Awka people sold slaves across the Niger . Slave merchants from Arondizuogu traded at the Atlantic coasts. Other ethnicities around the riverline areas assisted as middle men. The big players of the infamous business were actually Igbo merchants. I see them same way I see kidnappers of today. There is nothing to celebrate and brag about slavery.

I do not doubt that the bini moat was built by slaves, I don’t believe that the binis crossed the river to raid towns. They would’ve been captured and sold off themselves. They wouldn’t have survived the competition.
Apart from the known individuals who traded big, there were others Ogidi, Okija, Nri who captured and sold across the Niger or to the ‘big’ players from Awka and Amawbia.

I’m in interested in knowing which Igbo towns that were raided by other ethnicities. Across the Niger and the present day Onitsha was more of a fortress.

The merchants initially got their weapons (swords, machetes, spears) from black smiths at Awka. Some around the Igboukwu bought weapons from Isuofia...Umueze community of present day Isuofia bought weapons from Akulu village where every household had a blacksmith...

The merchants traded and brought Dane guns to facilitate their businesses. These daneguns were replicated by Awka and Isuofia blacksmiths who in turn sold these weapons to other ethnicities.

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Slaves Built The Great Wall (Moat) Of Benin - Reno Omokri (Pic) by GerogeI(m): 5:50am On Jul 23, 2021
Page 18

"We have also markets, at which I have been frequently with my mother. These are sometimes visited by stout mahogany-coloured men from the south west of us: we call them Oye-Eboe, which term signifies red men living at a distance. They generally bring us fire-arms, gunpowder, hats, beads, and dried fish. The last we esteemed a great rarity, as our waters were only brooks and springs. These articles they barter with us for odoriferous woods and earth, and our salt of wood ashes. They always carry slaves through our land; but the strictest account is exacted of their manner of procuring them before they are suffered to pass. Sometimes indeed we sold slaves to them, but they were only prisoners of war, or such among us as had been convicted of kidnapping, or adultery, and some other crimes, which we esteemed heinous. This practice of kidnapping induces me to think, that, notwithstanding all our strictness, their principal business among us was to trepan our people. I remember too they carried great sacks along with them, which not long after I had an opportunity of fatally seeing applied to that infamous purpose."

Note the followings:
1. Eboes were red coloured men, which goes along with our being fairer in complexion than surrounding tribes and fringes.
2. Slavery was the punishment for crimes that one would be hanged for today. So even Oluadah's village had slaves to sell.
3. Igbo men were the slave traders, not Benen, not Itsekiris. This goes with established history that Aro's were the center of slave raiding in eastern lands.

4. Slaves were already bring sold, hence Benin's and Itsekiris bought slaves from Igbo traders, not Reno's Nugget of lies.

Igbo oral history acknowledges that the expansion tendencies of Oba, were checked in the war with Idu. To which Igbo warriors migrated to fight on the side if Idu. Prior to this, Awka blacksmiths plied their trade as far as Benin, and Igala.

We also know several Benin subgroups ran away from the kingdom, and probably assimilated into surrounding cultures.

6 Likes

Re: Igbo Slaves Built The Great Wall (Moat) Of Benin - Reno Omokri (Pic) by KosiGee(m): 5:58am On Jul 23, 2021
PlayerMeji:
This calls for mutiny...

Whether he is historically correct or not, there is a message Reno is trying to pass across.

Igbo needs to unite politically!

Don't throw the bathwater away with the baby.

Yes, Igbos should unite. I was disappointed not seeing all the South East governors at the last south south governors meeting.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Slaves Built The Great Wall (Moat) Of Benin - Reno Omokri (Pic) by Tulsaguy: 6:10am On Jul 23, 2021
ok
Re: Igbo Slaves Built The Great Wall (Moat) Of Benin - Reno Omokri (Pic) by personal59: 6:13am On Jul 23, 2021
So na Benin they develop

Why are they confusing it with Lagos?

1 Like

Re: Igbo Slaves Built The Great Wall (Moat) Of Benin - Reno Omokri (Pic) by 4ckyou: 6:15am On Jul 23, 2021
Ever8090:
This man dey find ipob trouble every now and then, so what he is trying to say is that, the Benin kingdom was using the black Israeli jews as slaves or what?...
yes that is what he is saying
Re: Igbo Slaves Built The Great Wall (Moat) Of Benin - Reno Omokri (Pic) by 4ckyou: 6:18am On Jul 23, 2021
Boudiccao:
If you want to trend and be noticed in life just mention Igbos and cook up a silly story about Igbos.

This man is damn too childish and bigoted.

because he is telling the truth abi?

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Slaves Built The Great Wall (Moat) Of Benin - Reno Omokri (Pic) by eastOFwest(m): 6:21am On Jul 23, 2021
louqas:

Come up with your version now.....you people think we are all fools and forgetful , you started this when you start your revisionism in the hope that it attratcts sympathy to your biafra agitations but alas it has backfired.....havent you noticed other tribes that were initially sympathetic to your cause have seen through your tissue of lies to attract sympathy and have since stopped being sympathetic to biafra agitation. everyone has seen that your agitation is greed driven.

And of what use was your so called sympathy to us?
Biafra agitation will continue, irrespective of anything.

Omokri is acting out a script and just shows you the depth of problem we have in Nigeria - very unreliable corrupt individuals who flip this way and that way, depending on where the money is coming from. Today APC, tomorrow PDP. Very ideologically bereft set of confused people. Biafra has been consistent with its demands since 1966.

And by the way, I'm proud that Igbo built the great Benin wall, and probably even produced most of the beautiful ornaments, if you research well. Very proud of this fact. We exported our technology to Bini kingdom

Igbo to the Bini world. grin

1 Like

Re: Igbo Slaves Built The Great Wall (Moat) Of Benin - Reno Omokri (Pic) by louqas: 6:32am On Jul 23, 2021
eastOFwest:

And of what use was your so called sympathy to us?
Biafra agitation will continue, irrespective of anything.

Omokri is acting out a script and just shows you the depth of problem we have in Nigeria - very unreliable corrupt individuals who flip this way and that way, depending on where the money is coming from. Today APC, tomorrow PDP. Very ideologically bereft set of confused people. Biafra has been consistent with its demands since 1966.

And by the way, I'm proud that Igbo built the great Benin wall, and probably even produced most of the beautiful ornaments, if you research well. Very proud of this fact. We exported our technology to Bini kingdom

Igbo to the Bini world. grin

When you brothers are opening multiple threads to debunk the claim by reno......

In the past when Reno was supporting you and yall were insulting everyone not with you , reno was not acting any script, you had a common enemy in buhari....you are very wrong about reno jumping to APC , BIG FAT LIE......im not a fan of reno but seeing him giving it to you guys so hot gladdens my heart.

Im expecting Ibos to en masse report Reno to facebook and ask that his recent posts on ibos being enslaved for centuries down..... if you people cant do that to reno.....you have no moral jistification to ever condemn anyone because you are hypocrites who can only intimidate an Adamu Garba

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Slaves Built The Great Wall (Moat) Of Benin - Reno Omokri (Pic) by Daum: 6:32am On Jul 23, 2021
The Benin did not really venture across the Niger River. But anything at the western side of the river came under it's influence. You don't need to conquer the world for her to be under your influence.

Today much of the world is under American influence, yet America has never conquered Nigeria in a war. But to a large extent we are under her influence. That is what greatness means. Back then, it was great Benin for most southern entities

1 Like

Re: Igbo Slaves Built The Great Wall (Moat) Of Benin - Reno Omokri (Pic) by rosinkkit: 6:34am On Jul 23, 2021
Nbotee:
So Igbos actually developed Benin Kingdom den

lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigeria's Economy Under Threat As Oil Falls Below $50 A Barrel / Pipeline Explodes At Ijeododo, Lagos / Governor Ademola Adeleke Relaxing With A Bottle Of Beer After State Duties-photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.