Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,383 members, 7,846,622 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 07:38 PM

When Did You Last Give A Helping Hand To Someone In Need,not Family - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / When Did You Last Give A Helping Hand To Someone In Need,not Family (1006 Views)

When Did You Know You Were Loved At Home? / To The Married; When Did You Know He/she Was The One For You? / When Did You Realize Your Spouse Stopped Loving You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Did You Last Give A Helping Hand To Someone In Need,not Family by bigpicture001: 7:49am On Jul 23, 2021
...it's appalling that Nigerians who attend to religious calls where love and and selflessness are continually taught appear to be the least in dishing out aids , especially financial one to people in need...

If you want to know this, set up a genuine charity organisation, you will realize you will be the sole donor. Kanu heart foundation, a lofty selfless endeavour by the young Nigerian died because Nigerians don't donate to the course of what he aims to achieve, that is even after globacom partnered with him to make donation just a text away from you...

I am very much involved with some very genuine charity organisations whose main source of funds are thier foreign counterpart. Billgate is donating for humanity handsomely, so is Warren buffet also bills enstra ged wife gave over 3billion away to charity and many ordinary Europeans who believe in a course...

I have taken a survey of even our road side beggers and found out that of any hundred person that drop a coin in their plates...99percent are ladies...I give them praise for this.the guys seem to donate to the ladies for selfish purposes..

Now I ask,when was the last time you gave an alm..?

Re: When Did You Last Give A Helping Hand To Someone In Need,not Family by EmekaBlue(m): 8:01am On Jul 23, 2021
Just now

Almajiri no let me finish my bread and tea for mai shai joint this early mormor

Dem just dey Tell me barka da sallah Barka da sallah. Even for their own celebration dem still want collect from person

Ogadimma o

2 Likes

Re: When Did You Last Give A Helping Hand To Someone In Need,not Family by Seniorwriter(m): 8:21am On Jul 23, 2021
@OP nice topic...ill suggest you spice the thread up with a pictorial illustrative narrative for a better prospect of FrontPage view.

I do in my little way(Offline Only) on a daily, for online requests I'll use it to train such people to earn via online because if you have access to internet + browsing gadgets and you ain't earning a dime from your online activities which included you asking me for financial help then such person is unwise since I myself basically earn via online.

Nowadays there are so many people without a livelihood or some their income is so small to offset all their bills and I can't tell someone that approaches me for help to chat me up online when I'm so sure with my evaluation on such person he can't even afford internet subscription not to mention browsing gadgets.

The economy is bad couple with the fact that this present incompetent terrorists infested administration has allowed insecurity to be @the highest which has affected our food produce production and transportation process.

I usually state and I quote that; Religion na Politics because very few of such settings help the needy. The church is made up of people so it's no brainer because very few Nigerians help those around them even in the little way.
Lamanii22:

Please I want to start earning online too
Reach out
An average Nigerian citizen feels it's all man for himself, that's the widespread orientation.

We need organs like NOA to start campaigns for unity of thoughts towards lending a helping hand to a neighbor.
Ovis1302:

So sad that we Africans are losing our core values of looking after one another.
Very sad development....
Deep Quote:
Ability to see where you need to lend a helping hand is a superpower many africans lack.

@SeunOsewa
@Moderators i.e Lala ,domnique, mynd44

This should be on FP in my opinion.

@SeniorWriter.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: When Did You Last Give A Helping Hand To Someone In Need,not Family by Ovis1302(m): 8:23am On Jul 23, 2021
I have this dream to set up a NGO later , just to touch lives, mostly those who are challenged due to health or status in the society.
I have this inner joy whenever I put smile on people's face in my little way.
Keep it up bro!

1 Like

Re: When Did You Last Give A Helping Hand To Someone In Need,not Family by Ovis1302(m): 8:25am On Jul 23, 2021
Seniorwriter:
I do in my little way(Offline Only) on a daily, for online requests I'll use it to train such people to earn via online because if you have access to internet + browsing gadgets and you ain't earning a dime from your online activities which included you asking me for financial help then such person is unwise since I myself basically earn via online.

Nowadays there are so many people without a livelihood or some their income is so small to offset all their bills and I can't tell someone that approaches me for help to chat me up online when I'm so sure with my evaluation on such person he can't even afford internet subscription not to mention browsing gadgets.

The economy is bad couple with the fact that this present incompetent terrorists infested administration has allowed insecurity to be @the highest which has affected our food produce production and transportation process.

I usually state and I quote that; Religion na Politics because very few of such settings help the needy. The church is made up of people so it's no brainer because very few Nigerians help those around them even in the little way.

An average Nigerian citizen feels it's all man for himself, that's the widespread orientation.

We need organs like NOA to start campaigns for unity of thoughts towards lending a helping hand to a neighbor.

Deep Quote:
Ability to see where you need to lend a helping hand is a superpower many africans lack.

@SeniorWriter.
So sad that we Africans are losing our core values of looking after one another.
Re: When Did You Last Give A Helping Hand To Someone In Need,not Family by Asquare84(m): 8:42am On Jul 23, 2021
The reason why most people are skeptical about giving is because most people now take begging as profession and may not necessarily be in need. The abound here in nairaland always cooking one story to defraud Nigeria.
Re: When Did You Last Give A Helping Hand To Someone In Need,not Family by Bola146(f): 8:47am On Jul 23, 2021
It's personal issue between you and God, giving is not to show. I love giving to poor people I see on the road though I'm not rich, but I don't like letting my left hand to know what I'm giving out. It's between me and God. Some people give but will always behave like nothing happened, they want God to reward them not men. There are many givers on nairaland that I have met personally, they prefer someone to do it for them so that people will not notice them, God bless and continue to provide for them. Those who doesn't give have their best reasons, you can't force them, never!

5 Likes

Re: When Did You Last Give A Helping Hand To Someone In Need,not Family by bigpicture001: 9:38am On Jul 23, 2021
Seniorwriter:
@OP nice topic...ill suggest you spice the thread up with a pictorial illustrative narrative for a better prospect of FrontPage view.

Very sad development....
Deep Quote:

@SeunOsewa

@SeniorWriter.

Thanks for the suggestion
Re: When Did You Last Give A Helping Hand To Someone In Need,not Family by bigpicture001: 9:41am On Jul 23, 2021
I got the account number of three charity organisation..I pay in 500naira monthly in turn to them...

One takes care of accident victims..and physically, I endeavour to be of assistance to genuine ppl in need. As much as it won't hurt my finances.......

Let's just try to care more
Re: When Did You Last Give A Helping Hand To Someone In Need,not Family by evioke(m): 10:59pm On Jul 23, 2021
May God expand our finances so that we can reach to the needy.
Re: When Did You Last Give A Helping Hand To Someone In Need,not Family by socialmediaman: 1:40am On Jul 24, 2021
Asquare84:
The reason why most people are skeptical about giving is because most people now take begging as profession and may not necessarily be in need. The abound here in nairaland always cooking one story to defraud Nigeria.

People are taking advantage of others whenever possible. You see 2 people who earn almost the same salary, one drinks and flirts with different women, the other keeps to one woman and saves his money. Then the one who wastes his money, who even mocks the other one for not enjoying his life, will always come up with one story or the other to borrow money, and then call the other selfish for having money and not helping when he’s “in need”.

Do you know the other person who could also help the needy? Government. Yes the government can help the poor as well. They can build food centers for the hungry to feed, temporary shelters for the homeless to live in. But guess what, the funds will also be looted, like the palliatives were hidden from people at the very time they were needed.
Re: When Did You Last Give A Helping Hand To Someone In Need,not Family by sunnymighty(m): 5:23am On Jul 24, 2021
I work with an NGO we need people that can volunteer their talents for free (especially in the aspect of vocational skills acquisition) we are located in Lagos and Ibadan.We are also in dire need of donors that can assist.
Re: When Did You Last Give A Helping Hand To Someone In Need,not Family by RisenJoe(m): 6:38am On Jul 24, 2021
Well, I've stopped giving monetary help.... But I still pay for people's bus fare occasionally when ever they approach me
Re: When Did You Last Give A Helping Hand To Someone In Need,not Family by Lamanii22(f): 2:33pm On Jul 24, 2021
Seniorwriter:

Very sad development....
Deep Quote:

@SeunOsewa

@SeniorWriter.

Re: When Did You Last Give A Helping Hand To Someone In Need,not Family by Monogamy: 6:34pm On Jul 24, 2021
There are some things that add to one's happiness with ease like helping those in needs.

He who God bless, let him bless others.

It's actually regular routine here
Re: When Did You Last Give A Helping Hand To Someone In Need,not Family by Monogamy: 6:38pm On Jul 24, 2021
Lamanii22:

Create an account on paxful.com or local bitcoins.com.. It's not necessary to have capital and if you have it's a plus. Find people who are in need of bitcoins, sell as a third party and earn your commission instant..

Also there are referral programs that can earn you some money with more like doing nothing, that's only if you have large crowd to refer

1 Like

Re: When Did You Last Give A Helping Hand To Someone In Need,not Family by Ahmback(m): 9:41pm On Jul 24, 2021
I...........
Re: When Did You Last Give A Helping Hand To Someone In Need,not Family by CareerBegger: 3:23am On Jul 25, 2021
Ahmback:
This is my current account balance now.
I am a student and as such can't secure a job yet. Just running around and depending on family, it's really hard for me.
Anyone who is willing to stretch a helping hand? I'd be grateful.
1237799921 Access Bank.
Thanks all

(1) (Reply)

Money-worshipping: A Major Nigerian-problem / What If: ? / Fair Weather Friends

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.