Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,316 members, 7,815,586 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:51 PM

Well, She Called Off Our Wedding. - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Well, She Called Off Our Wedding. (62352 Views)

My Aborted Marriage With Sandra Obi: Man Whose Fiancee Called Off Wedding Reacts / Her Parents Sponsored Our Wedding, Should I Be Worried. / Our Wedding Pictures (White And Traditional) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Well, She Called Off Our Wedding. by duduade: 11:49am On Jul 24, 2021
don4real18:
Some months ago, I was supposed to get married to a lovely lady (Alias-Celia) whom I thought the universe made just for me. I find it unfortunate that this beautiful story was just never meant to be. This write-up is my story.
Five years ago, while we both stared at the moon sitting in my compound and telling tales of our childhood, I studied her profile. She had a perfect-shaped jaw with rounded edges, full lips, and her ability to smile with so much ease. Her skin glowed against the moonlight, and her aura filled with so much innocence. It was no surprise when I finally popped the question asking her to be my girlfriend.

Four days later, I got a yes as her reply, and it became a beautiful relationship. Our companionship was a show of true love, or so I thought. She taught me to be a better kisser, and I made her be a better lover. We did almost everything together, and when challenges came, we solved them even though she was stubborn; A bit more than me.

Many moons down the line of love and sometimes distrust, she was to relocate to the FCT, the state where her family resides. I knew I was going to miss her, and it wasn't easy letting her go.

We did part ways at the airport, and ever since then, we were always on calls. I did notice later that I did most of the calling, and as time went on as it must, the regular calls became once in a while, and soon, it became longer.

I did play a little with other girls and tried getting into a relationship with others, but it just didn't work out. Perhaps, I wanted the kind of love that they could not give in return. It was no surprise when years later, my calls with Celia became regular and, I didn't mind doing most of the calling.

Soon, I traveled to Abuja, and she didn't seem enthusiastic about seeing me, even though my love clawed at my heart with a renewed burst of energy. This time, I decided that I wouldn't let go. I stayed in FCT for a while, I met her family, and I guess her feelings returned.

I returned to Lagos to continue working, and some months down the line, I was in Abuja again to see the one that I loved. We agreed that she would have to come to Lagos, and some months after I left Abuja, she arrived in the rowdy Lagos.

She met my family, and I popped the question, "will you marry me?" in a romantic atmosphere, and she was so happy that she was going to spend the rest of her life with me.

We made plans until the event of Corona took place, and it greatly affected my business. I became broke, but that didn't stop me from traveling to 3 different states to meet her family members and her pastor in FCT.

We did agree that we were going to have a small wedding, and the day of the introduction came, and I traveled with my family, spent a lot of money on hotel bills, etc. It did go well, and that was when it started.

She reneged on our agreement on the size of the wedding. She told me that she wanted to have her dream wedding although she had no money. I could not bring myself to spend so much on a wedding only to end up eating hand to mouth in my marriage. It became a back and forth argument. Her dad wanted it small, but her siblings wanted it big. My mum did try to advise her, but she felt my mum shouldn't have a say in her wedding being a supposed generation Z.

I did have to look for ways she would be happy without spending too much. Then the counseling issue came, and I was informed to come back to Abuja by her pastor. It was inconvenient, so I told her to recommend virtual counseling because I'm not ready to go and spend a lot staying there. She was mad at my response, saying that it was disrespectful, suggesting such to a supposed man of God, making it disrespectful to God.

I did try to let her know that we could use the money to do something else, but she was adamant. After some time, I did succumb to her demand, but she felt that it should not have led to an argument in the first place and decided to call the wedding off. I tried calming her down and even suggested that we postpone it, but she wouldn't budge with a reason so petty. It hurt at first. It made me lose focus for a while, but I guess I've pretty patched up now hence my decision to share with you all.

God bless us all.

This is what happens when you try ending up with someone so immatured

3 Likes

Re: Well, She Called Off Our Wedding. by 24kmagic: 11:58am On Jul 24, 2021
I stopped reading half way.

If I want to read some fairytales, I know where to find such books.

Did you come here to show us your writing skills or what?

1 Like

Re: Well, She Called Off Our Wedding. by Ramos16(m): 12:02pm On Jul 24, 2021
mrblessed:
it's precisely because he has a good mastery of the English language. His near-perfect understanding of the language made me to initially doubt the veracity of the story. It's also because he is narrating a past event.

I too doubt the authenticity of the story, it is so perfectly written I had to put it on Grammarly, which came up with zero errors, it basically said this is excellent writing, but it also indicated that there is heavy plagiarism in the ext.
Re: Well, She Called Off Our Wedding. by torqque7(m): 12:03pm On Jul 24, 2021
don4real18:

Thanks a lot. You are quite right.
Hmm first of all how old is she?secondly is she the type that gets carried away with trends and flashy things?is she from a rich home? Sorry bro but this lady in question i don't think she really loves u and is ur wife. God will give u a good woman that will not stress u,ur wife is meant to help u ease stress and save money NOT make u spend anyhow and cause u so much stress..u just dodged a bullet so thank God,it may hurt now but trust me its all for the best.

1 Like

Re: Well, She Called Off Our Wedding. by skj1377(m): 12:05pm On Jul 24, 2021
My dear move on! your story was not even bad. The lady is just materialistic and does not look at the bigger picture. Mine was diabolical, prostituting herself and I had to do spiritual acrobatics to even breakaway; "by fire". Your story is child's play but be careful with your choices so your marriage does not become a sorry story. Ladies that Dont work Dont know value of money so avoid them like "malaria fever". I suspect the lady in question is light skinned and probably good looking! Am I right? If I am, then she has priced her looks and placed a value above what you can offer at the moment. Some good looking ladies price their looks and arrogate to themselves a certain high class social status irrespective of the fact that they stay in a hut in the village or in a one room apartment with eight other ladies in Ikeja. My dear brother just look for money, work hard develop your economic ability then offer your resources to a worthy woman. By then you will be more mature to handle these ladies, the marriage your running to is 99% expenses and the more you meet them the merrier provided your married to a good woman.
don4real18:
Some months ago, I was supposed to get married to a lovely lady (Alias-Celia) whom I thought the universe made just for me. I find it unfortunate that this beautiful story was just never meant to be. This write-up is my story.
Five years ago, while we both stared at the moon sitting in my compound and telling tales of our childhood, I studied her profile. She had a perfect-shaped jaw with rounded edges, full lips, and her ability to smile with so much ease. Her skin glowed against the moonlight, and her aura filled with so much innocence. It was no surprise when I finally popped the question asking her to be my girlfriend.

Four days later, I got a yes as her reply, and it became a beautiful relationship. Our companionship was a show of true love, or so I thought. She taught me to be a better kisser, and I made her be a better lover. We did almost everything together, and when challenges came, we solved them even though she was stubborn; A bit more than me.

Many moons down the line of love and sometimes distrust, she was to relocate to the FCT, the state where her family resides. I knew I was going to miss her, and it wasn't easy letting her go.

We did part ways at the airport, and ever since then, we were always on calls. I did notice later that I did most of the calling, and as time went on as it must, the regular calls became once in a while, and soon, it became longer.

I did play a little with other girls and tried getting into a relationship with others, but it just didn't work out. Perhaps, I wanted the kind of love that they could not give in return. It was no surprise when years later, my calls with Celia became regular and, I didn't mind doing most of the calling.

Soon, I traveled to Abuja, and she didn't seem enthusiastic about seeing me, even though my love clawed at my heart with a renewed burst of energy. This time, I decided that I wouldn't let go. I stayed in FCT for a while, I met her family, and I guess her feelings returned.

I returned to Lagos to continue working, and some months down the line, I was in Abuja again to see the one that I loved. We agreed that she would have to come to Lagos, and some months after I left Abuja, she arrived in the rowdy Lagos.

She met my family, and I popped the question, "will you marry me?" in a romantic atmosphere, and she was so happy that she was going to spend the rest of her life with me.

We made plans until the event of Corona took place, and it greatly affected my business. I became broke, but that didn't stop me from traveling to 3 different states to meet her family members and her pastor in FCT.

We did agree that we were going to have a small wedding, and the day of the introduction came, and I traveled with my family, spent a lot of money on hotel bills, etc. It did go well, and that was when it started.

She reneged on our agreement on the size of the wedding. She told me that she wanted to have her dream wedding although she had no money. I could not bring myself to spend so much on a wedding only to end up eating hand to mouth in my marriage. It became a back and forth argument. Her dad wanted it small, but her siblings wanted it big. My mum did try to advise her, but she felt my mum shouldn't have a say in her wedding being a supposed generation Z.

I did have to look for ways she would be happy without spending too much. Then the counseling issue came, and I was informed to come back to Abuja by her pastor. It was inconvenient, so I told her to recommend virtual counseling because I'm not ready to go and spend a lot staying there. She was mad at my response, saying that it was disrespectful, suggesting such to a supposed man of God, making it disrespectful to God.

I did try to let her know that we could use the money to do something else, but she was adamant. After some time, I did succumb to her demand, but she felt that it should not have led to an argument in the first place and decided to call the wedding off. I tried calming her down and even suggested that we postpone it, but she wouldn't budge with a reason so petty. It hurt at first. It made me lose focus for a while, but I guess I've pretty patched up now hence my decision to share with you all.

God bless us all.

3 Likes

Re: Well, She Called Off Our Wedding. by Nobody: 12:05pm On Jul 24, 2021
cococandy:
As in. Very irritating. Ndi “my pastor said” undecided

Don’t get me started on those ones that call their pastors daddy. I’ll slap you. I don’t want to hear it grin

My sister calls her pastor Daddy. The man is a good man, honestly, and I really really like him. But hearing my sis call him Daddy hurts my feelings real bad. Such disrespect to my dad. I hate to hear it.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Well, She Called Off Our Wedding. by Morris101686(m): 12:06pm On Jul 24, 2021
inumidun2010:

Out of everything you just posted... Na ONETITIS SYNDROME I see... Make I go check am, wait 4 me....
I don check am, Another Knowledge added..
Oga OP, Una dey try oooooo... Drama is the least thing I can ENDURE in my LIFE.... E be like say that GIRL Na TROPHY WIFE abi.... Shake the DUST off your FEET. Better Girls are everywhere and you should thank God she exhibited the RED FLAGS now. Cos if you go BROKE lasan( God forbid ), PEACE will be your TOPMOST PRAYER POINT cos she's going to FRUSTRATE your EXISTENCE.
He' should kukuma look for the redpill. And learn in a hardways about this feminine creature
Re: Well, She Called Off Our Wedding. by vickydevoka(m): 12:07pm On Jul 24, 2021
Bola146:

I did have to look for ways she would be happy without spending too much. Then the counseling issue came, and I was informed to come back to Abuja by her pastor. It was inconvenient, so I told her to recommend virtual counseling because I'm not ready to go and spend a lot staying there. She was mad at my response, saying that it was disrespectful, suggesting such to a supposed man of God, making it disrespectful to God[/b]

You ignored all the red flags!!!!! You both are incompatible like seriously. Just let her go if she can't abide with you as you are now sad she will find someone to spend lavishly with, you will find a better person, just be calm. Just go to church for thanksgiving, dance like grin grin and pray for better half of your choice cheesy cheesy A broken relationship is far better than broken marriage....

Don't start what you can't continue please
Some men de Bleep up. Woman de show u red flag I wan continue. Dats y I love my cousin,as soon de babe degin do like 9ja winch, him delete her sharp sharp

4 Likes

Re: Well, She Called Off Our Wedding. by themanderon: 12:11pm On Jul 24, 2021
Its funny how God will be saving someone from imminent peril but like a sheep being lead to the slaughter the person gleefully trudges on. You have been saved from future heartbreak and pain. If she truly loved you she will be willing to go to hell with you. You were only an option. Just move on. You cant force love on someone.

1 Like

Re: Well, She Called Off Our Wedding. by Oyiboman69: 12:12pm On Jul 24, 2021
Amanee:
Never seen someone use 'did' like you 'did' throughout the write-up
and I wonder why that is the only thing you can come up with in this whole situation....

Re: Well, She Called Off Our Wedding. by wallarwallar(m): 12:20pm On Jul 24, 2021
don4real18:

God bless us all.

It was a good thing she called off the wedding. A testimony for you because it would have ended in tears for you even death.

1 Like

Re: Well, She Called Off Our Wedding. by don4real18(m): 12:20pm On Jul 24, 2021
Lamasta:

I know its a fiction but continue inugo
I wish it was.
Re: Well, She Called Off Our Wedding. by Mom007(f): 12:23pm On Jul 24, 2021
This kind of thing ern, God just saved you from big problem in life. Just look for the nearest good girl and settle down with. When she hears you have married like this, hot tears will just be flowing. Chat me if u want recommendations for good wife that will not stress you jare.

3 Likes

Re: Well, She Called Off Our Wedding. by don4real18(m): 12:24pm On Jul 24, 2021
Ramos16:

I too doubt the authenticity of the story, it is so perfectly written I had to put it on Grammarly, which came up with zero errors, it basically said this is excellent writing, but it also indicated that there is heavy plagiarism in the ext.
I can tell you that it's original and my life story. You can try and use plagiarism tools to see if I culled just a line.

1 Like

Re: Well, She Called Off Our Wedding. by don4real18(m): 12:25pm On Jul 24, 2021
Mom007:
This kind of thing ern, God just saved you from big problem in life. Just look for the nearest good girl and settle down with. When she hears you have married like this, hot tears will just be flowing. Chat me if u want recommendations for good wife that will not stress you jare.
I will consider this.
Re: Well, She Called Off Our Wedding. by shegun4sur: 12:26pm On Jul 24, 2021
You only averted a lifetime of stress. Congratulations

1 Like

Re: Well, She Called Off Our Wedding. by BRATISLAVA: 12:26pm On Jul 24, 2021
ImaIma1:
A woman that loves her man would try to look for ways to reduces stress and spending for him, and not selfishly wanting her way even if it's inconvenient for him.

Yet men can be incredibly selfish and perfectionist when they want to love.

There's no specific way a man or woman is to act about money. Everyone is greedy and selfish. It's not for women to be frugal or men to be frugal. So there's nothing like she has to help him save money and other such stereotypes. It's not a relationship red flag if he wants to spend or she wants to spend. People come from different money backgrounds. If they understand themselves—fine. Not that women must be money pinchers otherwise they are evil and should be cast off.
A Nigerian stereotype that has no meaning.

1 Like

Re: Well, She Called Off Our Wedding. by xtycool: 12:27pm On Jul 24, 2021
Bola146:

I did have to look for ways she would be happy without spending too much. Then the counseling issue came, and I was informed to come back to Abuja by her pastor. It was inconvenient, so I told her to recommend virtual counseling because I'm not ready to go and spend a lot staying there. She was mad at my response, saying that it was disrespectful, suggesting such to a supposed man of God, making it disrespectful to God[/b]

You ignored all the red flags!!!!! You both are incompatible like seriously. Just let her go if she can't abide with you as you are now sad she will find someone to spend lavishly with, you will find a better person, just be calm. Just go to church for thanksgiving, dance like grin grin and pray for better half of your choice cheesy cheesy A broken relationship is far better than broken marriage....

Don't start what you can't continue please

Life is not balance, while some good girls are looking for good man, with simple life styles, who flabouyant weeding help.
Re: Well, She Called Off Our Wedding. by shegun4sur: 12:28pm On Jul 24, 2021
culf:
She's not ready for marriage yet and probably not really into you.
A woman that loves a man truly, will not put so much importance to wedding ceremony at the expense of her marriage neither will she cancel her wedding because of flimsy reason like this one.

@op, i'm happy you're getting over it, every marriage has it's own challenge, imagine this financial issue is happening when you both are already married and she is not standing by you. Having an understanding wife is invaluable.

Some people have no sense. You will be surprised to know that she might be of age and still majoring on the minors
Re: Well, She Called Off Our Wedding. by Leebeedo(m): 12:28pm On Jul 24, 2021
Count your blessings my guy, you no know wetin God do for you.
Re: Well, She Called Off Our Wedding. by largeman4u(m): 12:29pm On Jul 24, 2021
She will still come back begging when it will be too late. Am sure you will find someone better. Just pray

Check my signature for Tokunbo Cars

1 Like

Re: Well, She Called Off Our Wedding. by IbrahimSkiba(f): 12:32pm On Jul 24, 2021
don4real18:

God bless us all.

Very interesting novel kiss

1 Like

Re: Well, She Called Off Our Wedding. by Pharaoh4rin(m): 12:32pm On Jul 24, 2021
Michelle55:
It's alright to think about it once in a while however, don't let it weigh you down. You'll definitely get better as time progresses and eventually get the person who is meant for you.

I need you to understand that it's not every relationships that would lead to marriage and yours is one of it, a woman who values you would seek for ways to make things easier on both of you and not escalate things just because you didn't come to see her pastor. One can still have their dream weddings in a small and classy way, or better still, remarry years later in a lavish way just to celebrate how far you guys have come together.

Let it go and be glad that you noticed all these red flags now than later, yours truly will definitely waltz into your life when you least expect it. Some people are in our lives to give us sweet memories while others are there to give us lesson, cherish those memories you shared with her, wish her well and move on for it wasn't meant to be.

Wish you good luck and unlimited happiness as you heal up!!

This is one of the best advices I've raed on this day on this platform. Your advice is devoid of bias and all I can say is thank you Michele55.
Re: Well, She Called Off Our Wedding. by Ramos16(m): 12:34pm On Jul 24, 2021
don4real18:

I can tell you that it's original and my life story. You can try and use plagiarism tools to see if I culled just a line.

Well then my friend, you are at the top of your game. I am sorry I was more concerned about the faultlessness of your writing than the actual story you were trying to convey.

Also, I apologize that I don't have any real opinion on this matter, I find it really hard to weigh in on matters like this.

But damn you can write bro, I wish I can have half of your skills.

1 Like

Re: Well, She Called Off Our Wedding. by Debra911(f): 12:35pm On Jul 24, 2021
don4real18:

God bless us all.
Funny enough we have ladies like this on NL.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Well, She Called Off Our Wedding. by Bola146(f): 12:39pm On Jul 24, 2021
xtycool:

Life is not balance, while some good girls are looking for good man, with simple life styles, who flabouyant weeding help.

Abi now sad it's well

1 Like

Re: Well, She Called Off Our Wedding. by zeenaman: 12:39pm On Jul 24, 2021
I hope you will get reasons to move on soon. She's not worth brooding over. You will get someone better.

1 Like

Re: Well, She Called Off Our Wedding. by Nobody: 12:40pm On Jul 24, 2021
it's like she delved into another relationship a while after you both parted ways buhh she couldn't bring herself to tell you; her almost non enthusiasm towards you when you initially visited her in ABJ should had got your suspicions arose.

Probably deep within her mind, right from the moment marriage stuffs started manifesting when you got back with her, she knew she wouldn't go through with it buhh still acted to lead you on. At the back of her mind, she knew she had to manipulate and orchestrate things so if peradventure she pulled'out, her reason would be pinned to what was birthed by her manipulation.

She was proactive in getting things mixed up, intently creating confusion and birthing disagreements; all these she did on purpose so it would be made to look like she pulled'out cos of the reason for the disagreement.

Of course she had her paramount motive, she manipulated things to fit into her motive, and since you were filled with love in and out, you weren't discerning enough. She convinced you epicly with her pretense! Her reason for pulling'out wasn't profound enough!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Well, She Called Off Our Wedding. by nick50(m): 12:41pm On Jul 24, 2021
All these long epistle just for a pussy ?..hope u bleeped her to ur satisfaction shaa oo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Newlywed Horrified To Discover Husband Has A Micropenis / Man Discovers Unclad Photos & Love Chat From A Woman On His Wife’s Phone / Before & After Photos Of Habeeb Babatunde, Now Noni Salma A Transgendered.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 154
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.