Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,161 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:03 AM

Well, She Called Off Our Wedding. - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Well, She Called Off Our Wedding. (62307 Views)

My Aborted Marriage With Sandra Obi: Man Whose Fiancee Called Off Wedding Reacts / Her Parents Sponsored Our Wedding, Should I Be Worried. / Our Wedding Pictures (White And Traditional) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Well, She Called Off Our Wedding. by Vicas2000: 11:13am On Jul 24, 2021
Ficeo:

If you talk about long story, you also talk about the short story. The lady might be acting based on bad advice and influence. She might come back to her right senses and make a U-turn.
I am talking out of experience.
This is sensitive and must be handled with caution cause anything good does not come that easy.

Which kain sensitive? Ẹ be like say you don't know the manipulation of women.

Someone has nothing to gain in a marriage with a useless woman and you are asking him to allow that same woman back into his life?

What will he gain from her? Of what benefit will she be to him?

2 Likes

Re: Well, She Called Off Our Wedding. by KingLennon(m): 11:13am On Jul 24, 2021
ATMC:

Wow, you mean she [/b]did[b] break up with you despite all you [/b]did[b] to prove you love her indeed?

Lol.

Okay, I'm glad you [/b]did[b] patch up and [/b]did[b] tell your story now.

You are a good person and soon, you will get the one that fits you, perfectly.

She might return if she's the one that fits you perfectly, if not, she will give way for her.

And when it happens, you will appreciate all that [/b]did[b] happen.

Look at her trying to ridicule the writer in the name of advising him. A true example of frenemy....continue!
Re: Well, She Called Off Our Wedding. by Yampotatocarrot(m): 11:14am On Jul 24, 2021
Amanee:
Never seen someone use 'did' like you 'did' throughout the write-up

Loooool, you're so not serious... Looool
Re: Well, She Called Off Our Wedding. by Ladylawyer(f): 11:15am On Jul 24, 2021
You two are not compatible. While you like to spend within your means she wants an elaborate wedding. Go for a lady like you, one who would rather save than spend.
Re: Well, She Called Off Our Wedding. by Arewadkiller(f): 11:16am On Jul 24, 2021
don4real18:
Some months ago, I was supposed to get married to a lovely lady (Alias-Celia) whom I thought the universe made just for me. I find it unfortunate that this beautiful story was just never meant to be. This write-up is my story.
Five years ago, while we both stared at the moon sitting in my compound and telling tales of our childhood, I studied her profile. She had a perfect-shaped jaw with rounded edges, full lips, and her ability to smile with so much ease. Her skin glowed against the moonlight, and her aura filled with so much innocence. It was no surprise when I finally popped the question asking her to be my girlfriend.

Four days later, I got a yes as her reply, and it became a beautiful relationship. Our companionship was a show of true love, or so I thought. She taught me to be a better kisser, and I made her be a better lover. We did almost everything together, and when challenges came, we solved them even though she was stubborn; A bit more than me.

Many moons down the line of love and sometimes distrust, she was to relocate to the FCT, the state where her family resides. I knew I was going to miss her, and it wasn't easy letting her go.

We did part ways at the airport, and ever since then, we were always on calls. I did notice later that I did most of the calling, and as time went on as it must, the regular calls became once in a while, and soon, it became longer.

I did play a little with other girls and tried getting into a relationship with others, but it just didn't work out. Perhaps, I wanted the kind of love that they could not give in return. It was no surprise when years later, my calls with Celia became regular and, I didn't mind doing most of the calling.

Soon, I traveled to Abuja, and she didn't seem enthusiastic about seeing me, even though my love clawed at my heart with a renewed burst of energy. This time, I decided that I wouldn't let go. I stayed in FCT for a while, I met her family, and I guess her feelings returned.

I returned to Lagos to continue working, and some months down the line, I was in Abuja again to see the one that I loved. We agreed that she would have to come to Lagos, and some months after I left Abuja, she arrived in the rowdy Lagos.

She met my family, and I popped the question, "will you marry me?" in a romantic atmosphere, and she was so happy that she was going to spend the rest of her life with me.

We made plans until the event of Corona took place, and it greatly affected my business. I became broke, but that didn't stop me from traveling to 3 different states to meet her family members and her pastor in FCT.

We did agree that we were going to have a small wedding, and the day of the introduction came, and I traveled with my family, spent a lot of money on hotel bills, etc. It did go well, and that was when it started.

She reneged on our agreement on the size of the wedding. She told me that she wanted to have her dream wedding although she had no money. I could not bring myself to spend so much on a wedding only to end up eating hand to mouth in my marriage. It became a back and forth argument. Her dad wanted it small, but her siblings wanted it big. My mum did try to advise her, but she felt my mum shouldn't have a say in her wedding being a supposed generation Z.

I did have to look for ways she would be happy without spending too much. Then the counseling issue came, and I was informed to come back to Abuja by her pastor. It was inconvenient, so I told her to recommend virtual counseling because I'm not ready to go and spend a lot staying there. She was mad at my response, saying that it was disrespectful, suggesting such to a supposed man of God, making it disrespectful to God.

I did try to let her know that we could use the money to do something else, but she was adamant. After some time, I did succumb to her demand, but she felt that it should not have led to an argument in the first place and decided to call the wedding off. I tried calming her down and even suggested that we postpone it, but she wouldn't budge with a reason so petty. It hurt at first. It made me lose focus for a while, but I guess I've pretty patched up now hence my decision to share with you all.

God bless us all.
please don't loose focus... DM me,she doesn't know what she wants

1 Like

Re: Well, She Called Off Our Wedding. by Beedude(m): 11:18am On Jul 24, 2021
I dont get how people who wont drop a dime for me dictate how big i should celebrate an event. As in , ARE THEY MAD ?
Men should know how to stand their ground. If u had ended up together, it is glaring you wont last together. U were actually stressing yourself too much for the relationship.
Relationship are meant to be ENJOYED not ENDURED.

5 Likes

Re: Well, She Called Off Our Wedding. by chukwudiology(m): 11:18am On Jul 24, 2021
Marriage is not by force or a do or die affair. You don't beg someone to marry you. You don't need to empty ur bank account just to please a woman to marry u. A woman is meant to support and encourage his husband and not to compound problems for him. My brother their are many beautiful young girls out there with a heart of Gold.

4 Likes

Re: Well, She Called Off Our Wedding. by BreakingNews21: 11:19am On Jul 24, 2021
What sane female would want to marry a guy whom didn't get his act together for a whole five years?
When she left the first time should have been a clue to move on. Op tried to move on but couldn't latch on to any new babe. The corona pandemic didn't make everyone go broke.
2021 babes don't play that being broke sh*t. grin
Re: Well, She Called Off Our Wedding. by marsup: 11:20am On Jul 24, 2021
It sounds like a script I’m writing, just different ending. You would have had a toxic marriage. Be grateful for this loss.

2 Likes

Re: Well, She Called Off Our Wedding. by Ishilove: 11:21am On Jul 24, 2021
Dasofoodmart:
This shows that you've not come close to getting married. This is as real as it gets, even if it is fiction this the reality of 90%of men who dare propose. The OP's brave stand is what marriage is all about, you'll have to stand your ground.
On the contrary, this shows you have not been in this section, and on Nairaland for long, that's why you don't understand my scepticism.

Modified-

Your moniker is one month old. No wonder.

1 Like

Re: Well, She Called Off Our Wedding. by jaxxy(m): 11:22am On Jul 24, 2021
Klass99:

@ The first bold, I concur.

@ Second bold, you know when we were in secondary school we used to say things like ''out of sight is not out of mind'' ''distance makes the heart fonder'' but in reality these things are not true (speaking for myself).

If you haven't formed a bond with someone before distance interrupts a relationship, it can be hard to keep that person in mind or maintain a relationship with them.

And if her love language is quality time, touching, holding, cuddling etc I can see how things will quickly fall apart with distance in-between them. So, on that point I don't really blame her.

Obviously if u easily get into new relationships we naturally wudnt expect u to remember someone u left miles away when u can easily find sm1else to cuddle with in ur new base. I understand u perfectly.

Distance is a bitch alright.

2 Likes

Re: Well, She Called Off Our Wedding. by Ikwerelastborn: 11:22am On Jul 24, 2021
humilitypays:
Majority of Nigerian ladies marry not because they love or fancy living with the man, but they rather marry to showoff to their friends and foes that they had the biggest wedding ceremony.

Nigerian ladies are too wise, wiser than Nigerian men.

Most Nigerian ladies marry for security, I mean financial security while the men marry mostly out of sexual satisfaction and child bearing which they can achieve without marriage.

As a guy before you go dancing on your wedding day, have it in mind that your wife to be screened out a lot of other guys asking her out and chose you not because you are handsome or intelligent or jovial or humorous or anything of that nature, she chose you simply because you were the most financially rewarding, the most financially secured, and the most qualified in terms of guaranteeing her a better future, that was why she chose you nothing else.

But most of you guys choose your wife based on superficial things like sexy shape, height, big buttocks, big breast, flat tummy, tight pussy and all those yeye qualities that can never stand the test of time.

Honestly women get too much sense shocked

Op she didn't back out of the wedding because of big or small wedding, she only used that wedding size to size your pocket and discovered that you are not buoyant enough the way she dream her husband to be. She was scared spending her life with you which she believed will be filled with financial uncertainties and management cry
Hahahahahahahaha, you're so funny and same time realistic. I like your comment man grin cheesy
I have somehow known is not always about love for women

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Well, She Called Off Our Wedding. by don4real18(m): 11:26am On Jul 24, 2021
Arewadkiller:
please don't loose focus... DM me,she doesn't know what she wants
Really? smiley
Re: Well, She Called Off Our Wedding. by Eroms4life17(m): 11:28am On Jul 24, 2021
Her loss, your gain
Re: Well, She Called Off Our Wedding. by Raalsalghul: 11:29am On Jul 24, 2021
humilitypays:
Majority of Nigerian ladies marry not because they love or fancy living with the man, but they rather marry to showoff to their friends and foes that they had the biggest wedding ceremony.

Nigerian ladies are too wise, wiser than Nigerian men.

Most Nigerian ladies marry for security, I mean financial security while the men marry mostly out of sexual satisfaction and child bearing which they can achieve without marriage.

As a guy before you go dancing on your wedding day, have it in mind that your wife to be screened out a lot of other guys asking her out and chose you not because you are handsome or intelligent or jovial or humorous or anything of that nature, she chose you simply because you were the most financially rewarding, the most financially secured, and the most qualified in terms of guaranteeing her a better future, that was why she chose you nothing else.

But most of you guys choose your wife based on superficial things like sexy shape, height, big buttocks, big breast, flat tummy, tight pussy and all those yeye qualities that can never stand the test of time.

Honestly women get too much sense shocked

Op she didn't back out of the wedding because of big or small wedding, she only used that wedding size to size your pocket and discovered that you are not buoyant enough the way she dream her husband to be. She was scared spending her life with you which she believed will be filled with financial uncertainties and management cry

I don't know who you are but I will find you and buy you free beer.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Well, She Called Off Our Wedding. by Morris101686(m): 11:31am On Jul 24, 2021
Reg flag installed

Dont force love. Love is like a jigsaw puzzle. If the pieces are right, they will fit. No matter how you force it, you cant make wrong pieces fit in a jigsaw puzzle.

Take into cognizance that statistically, there are more women than men. Focus on your purpose grind up and see more ladies coming after you.

God made a person that fits you perfectly. You wont have to force yourself on them. Always stand firm when deciding things to do you're the KING be a toxic man

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Well, She Called Off Our Wedding. by Fastlinkpro: 11:34am On Jul 24, 2021
The more I read stories like this, the more I develop more hatred for woman. God help me ooo
Re: Well, She Called Off Our Wedding. by Femiomoh(m): 11:36am On Jul 24, 2021
It's nice moving on bro,some girls are after having a flamboyant weddings thereby forgetting the aftermath of it.

1 Like

Re: Well, She Called Off Our Wedding. by Klass99(f): 11:37am On Jul 24, 2021
smiley

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Well, She Called Off Our Wedding. by Lamasta(m): 11:37am On Jul 24, 2021
Five years ago, while we both stared at the moon sitting in my compound and telling tales of our childhood, I studied her profile. She had a perfect-shaped jaw with rounded edges, full lips, and her ability to smile with so much ease. Her skin glowed against the moonlight, and her aura filled with so much innocence. It was no surprise when I finally popped the question asking her to be my girlfriend.

I know its a fiction but continue inugo
Re: Well, She Called Off Our Wedding. by 1F30M4(f): 11:37am On Jul 24, 2021
Ishilove:

That's why I became suspicious. It's been long I read such lyrical, well written prose on Nairaland cheesy

Quite sad how so many people can no longer communicate effectively, and when we stumble on one who does, it is like a drink of fresh water in a burning desert.

Haha definitely definitely, it is like a drink of fresh water in a veery hot desert, refreshing indeed.. Yunno, when I read it at first, I thought he didn't quite know how to post in the literature section on here lol..

Ehenn Ishi, few days ago I came across one of your posts shared by oomf.. Soo nice to know that you attended SFCSS, my Alma mater smiley

1 Like

Re: Well, She Called Off Our Wedding. by milky3(f): 11:38am On Jul 24, 2021
It saddens my heart that we get love and money mixed up, where there's no financial stability love dies... That's why two people cannot walk (work) together except they agree... @least if she want an elaborate wedding she must also contribute to some certain extent... @Op, keep hope alive move on and get busy with something
Re: Well, She Called Off Our Wedding. by jaxxy(m): 11:41am On Jul 24, 2021
Klass99:

LDR (Long distance relationships) will always be hard for people whose love language is quality time and touch.

Then u cannot be trusted, even when u get married and u husband is away for a month or 2. Where is ur discipline as a lady or person??

Everybody wants to have a good time bt we must always know our boundaries.

Sometimes I have lots of options to be with bt I would rather be alone. And yes cuddling is part of my love language bt I can surely live without it when necessary.

That’s my point dear.

2 Likes

Re: Well, She Called Off Our Wedding. by Glamouzpeter(f): 11:42am On Jul 24, 2021
Fine girls and their whalala
Re: Well, She Called Off Our Wedding. by harmony75: 11:43am On Jul 24, 2021
Oga you have tried since she's after big wedding not a happy home pls move on God will give you your own!

1 Like

Re: Well, She Called Off Our Wedding. by Nobody: 11:43am On Jul 24, 2021
First of all I know say nah fine girl. Sweet Cinderella. Lol

Secondly, E don tey wey she Dey try know your pocket weight but she nor too certain Until the wedding inched closer and With your doings and preparation she Now realized you’re not as rich as she expected/thought.

Make I tell you something, even With that your small arrangement sef if you could sample 50m in your account for her to confirm Say you hold bar, the wedding go take place and nah she go dance pass cool

You never dey fear women. I fear you oh. I’m always careful around people like you.

3 Likes

Re: Well, She Called Off Our Wedding. by EnlightenedUFO: 11:46am On Jul 24, 2021
Come, what's wrong with the people that will just quote the whole long story? Can't you just @the user and type your mind?

1 Like

Re: Well, She Called Off Our Wedding. by BlitzkriegYeaga(m): 11:47am On Jul 24, 2021
Wasted time and resources, very painful but hey, Look at the bigger picture, you dodged a bullet.
Re: Well, She Called Off Our Wedding. by Halle000: 11:47am On Jul 24, 2021
don4real18:
Some months ago, I was supposed to get married to a lovely lady (Alias-Celia) whom I thought the universe made just for me. I find it unfortunate that this beautiful story was just never meant to be. This write-up is my story.

Four days later, I got a yes as her reply, and it became a beautiful relationship. Our companionship was a show of true love, or so I thought. She taught me to be a better kisser, and I made her be a better lover. We did almost everything together, and when challenges came, we solved them even though she was stubborn; A bit more than me.

Many moons down the line of love and sometimes distrust, she was to relocate to the FCT, the state where her family resides. I knew I was going to miss her, and it wasn't easy letting her go.

We did part ways at the airport, and ever since then, we were always on calls. I did notice later that I did most of the calling, and as time went on as it must, the regular calls became once in a while, and soon, it became longer.

I did play a little with other girls and tried getting into a relationship with others, but it just didn't work out. Perhaps, I wanted the kind of love that they could not give in return. It was no surprise when years later, my calls with Celia became regular and, I didn't mind doing most of the calling.

Soon, I traveled to Abuja, and she didn't seem enthusiastic about seeing me, even though my love clawed at my heart with a renewed burst of energy. This time, I decided that I wouldn't let go. I stayed in FCT for a while, I met her family, and I guess her feelings returned.

I returned to Lagos to continue working, and some months down the line, I was in Abuja again to see the one that I loved. We agreed that she would have to come to Lagos, and some months after I left Abuja, she arrived in the rowdy Lagos.

She met my family, and I popped the question, "will you marry me?" in a romantic atmosphere, and she was so happy that she was going to spend the rest of her life with me.

We made plans until the event of Corona took place, and it greatly affected my business. I became broke, but that didn't stop me from traveling to 3 different states to meet her family members and her pastor in FCT.

We did agree that we were going to have a small wedding, and the day of the introduction came, and I traveled with my family, spent a lot of money on hotel bills, etc. It did go well, and that was when it started.

She reneged on our agreement on the size of the wedding. She told me that she wanted to have her dream wedding although she had no money. I could not bring myself to spend so much on a wedding only to end up eating hand to mouth in my marriage. It became a back and forth argument. Her dad wanted it small, but her siblings wanted it big. My mum did try to advise her, but she felt my mum shouldn't have a say in her wedding being a supposed generation Z.

I did have to look for ways she would be happy without spending too much. Then the counseling issue came, and I was informed to come back to Abuja by her pastor. It was inconvenient, so I told her to recommend virtual counseling because I'm not ready to go and spend a lot staying there. She was mad at my response, saying that it was disrespectful, suggesting such to a supposed man of God, making it disrespectful to God.

I did try to let her know that we could use the money to do something else, but she was adamant. After some time, I did succumb to her demand, but she felt that it should not have led to an argument in the first place and decided to call the wedding off. I tried calming her down and even suggested that we postpone it, but she wouldn't budge with a reason so petty. It hurt at first. It made me lose focus for a while, but I guess I've pretty patched up now hence my decision to share with you all.

God bless us all.

PLEASE TELL ME WHERE EXACTLY THIS LADY HAS DONE WRONG? WHILE YOU ARE BUSY FALLING IN LOVE , YOU DIDN'T PUT TO PLAN WHAT MAKES LOVE SWEET AND FRUITFUL.
*DID YOU CONSIDER YOUR FINANCES BEFORE PROPOSING?
*DID YOU CONSIDER ALL EXPENSES OF MARRIAGE BEFORE GOING TO MEET THE FAMILY?
*DID YOU KNOW THAT WEDDING DAY FOR A WOMAN IS HER DAY OF GLORY AND SHE WILL ACCENTUATE ALL SHE IS?
*DID YOU KNOW THAT YOU HAVE TO ALWAYS CONSIDER THE PROS AND CONS OF EVERYTHING BEFORE DASHING INTO IT?

You are using your heart instead of your head to think and you expect us to blame her for you? All the while she was checking and double checking if you are capable thats while she didn't want to be to forward with you at first and now that your eyes don clear undecided

UNE, PULL OVER

YOU PURSUED HER LOVE FOR SO LONG AND WHEN SHE FINALLY SUCUM

1 Like

Re: Well, She Called Off Our Wedding. by Halle000: 11:48am On Jul 24, 2021
don4real18:

God bless us all.

PLEASE TELL ME WHERE EXACTLY THIS LADY HAS GONE WRONG? WHILE YOU ARE BUSY FALLING IN LOVE , YOU DIDN'T PUT TO PLAN WHAT MAKES LOVE SWEET AND FRUITFUL.
*DID YOU CONSIDER YOUR FINANCES BEFORE PROPOSING?
*DID YOU CONSIDER ALL EXPENSES OF MARRIAGE BEFORE GOING TO MEET THE FAMILY?
*DID YOU KNOW THAT WEDDING DAY FOR A WOMAN IS HER DAY OF GLORY AND SHE WILL ACCENTUATE ALL SHE IS?
*DID YOU KNOW THAT YOU HAVE TO ALWAYS CONSIDER THE PROS AND CONS OF EVERYTHING BEFORE DASHING INTO IT?

You are using your heart instead of your head to think and you expect us to blame her for you? All the while she was checking and double checking if you are capable thats why she didn't consented to your whips at first and now that your eyes don clear undecided

UNA, PULL OVER

YOU PURSUED HER LOVE FOR SO LONG AND WHEN SHE FINALLY SUCUM

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

My Husband's Family Is Sucking Him Dry / Newlywed Horrified To Discover Husband Has A Micropenis / Before & After Photos Of Habeeb Babatunde, Now Noni Salma A Transgendered.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.