Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,101 members, 7,825,484 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:46 PM

The Amount Paid To Agberos In Lagos Daily & Annually - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Amount Paid To Agberos In Lagos Daily & Annually (72085 Views)

Nigerians Share Their Experiences With The Agberos In Onitsha / Do Not Surrender Your Country To Agberos And Almajiris Again / Ize-Iyamu To Train, Rehabilitate ‘Agberos’ In Empowerment, Transitional Program (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Amount Paid To Agberos In Lagos Daily & Annually by sokera: 11:23am On Jul 23, 2021
palsenator:

What are you saying? Honestly you are just off point. Infact comparing a professional body like ICAN to NURTW cast doubt on your membership.

Now back to the issue, this money is the excess you and I pay on tfare, I mean the rip off that they charge. Members of NURTW don't pay, it is the money they generate from the parks daily and those monies are ripped from our pockets..

Hope you understood now.
you are just not smart , don't you know what tax means? Oh you want to live in lagos and not pay tax on the road ? Is lagos road for your father? Lagos roads belongs to the ppl of lagod and you must pay for using their infrastructures , if the Tfare is too much because of the agberos then go back to your region ... don't you know even ICAN you mentioned pay for their membership too and it will reflect if you want to hire an accountant to audit or work for you ? Why do you think it's expensive to hire lawyer or accountant? It's because they pay their dues to their professional bodies too NBA and ICAN ...
Re: The Amount Paid To Agberos In Lagos Daily & Annually by sokera: 11:25am On Jul 23, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:

I'm not from south east I only got concerned with the way the guy I quoted attacked the OP
OK sorry... but the truth is NURTW is a professional body and lagos is too complex and they needs those agberos to collect those money for them if not alot of drivers won't pay.... NURTW is same as NBA or ICAN
Re: The Amount Paid To Agberos In Lagos Daily & Annually by sekolaj82: 11:25am On Jul 23, 2021
lalasticlala:
Transport Statistics and Annual Revenue Paid to Agberos in Lagos:

Number of Commercial Buses: 75,000

Amount paid each day: ₦3,000

Amount paid yearly: ₦82.1 bn

Number Of Tricycle (Keke Marwa): 50,000

Amount paid each day: ₦1,800

Amount paid yearly: ₦32.9 bn

Number of Motorcycle: 37,000

Amount paid each day: ₦600

Amount paid yearly: ₦8.1 bn

Total Amount Paid To Agberos: ₦123.078

Credit: ICIR

Please, which of the University offer this ooo, I want to go and study NURTW.
Re: The Amount Paid To Agberos In Lagos Daily & Annually by CSTRR: 11:25am On Jul 23, 2021
kweensheba:
YOU ARE ON POINT
He is definitely not onn point.
Lagos has more touts than anywhere else in the country.
Far far more.
And they make significantly far more revenues than anywhere else in the country too.

The NURTW LAGOS is the most powerful in the country too.
So it makes common sense to make them as a case study, but bigotry and stupidity will make you see it otherwise.

You can write to the organisation, tell them to do a study on abia and the rest of the south east so that you can sleep well at night.
They have a yoruba chairman, I am sure they will oblige you.

2 Likes

Re: The Amount Paid To Agberos In Lagos Daily & Annually by seunmsg(m): 11:26am On Jul 23, 2021
oldtruth:

So sad. Analysis like this helps the government. Now it is also an eye opener for the government to do the needful. How much are these Agberos remitting to the government purse for better roan construction and the rest? Honestly, I still find your response so sad.

Now, in regards to force. Yes, they do force drivers to join them. Go do your research well. You even compared them with ICAN. Is this not sad?

The report would have been more useful if it was conducted in all the 36 states of the federation instead of singling out only Lagos state.

Can any comparative analysis be done with this report? So you see, that is where the problem is. We have a report that can’t be compared with other states. So, what’s the essence?

Again, where does the revenue goes to? For a fact, I know a certain percentage goes to state and local governments. So, why present it as if all the funds goes to just the state chairman? There are just too many loopholes in the report and it gives the impression that it was done for politics and nothing else.

1 Like

Re: The Amount Paid To Agberos In Lagos Daily & Annually by sammirano: 11:26am On Jul 23, 2021
Na seun i blame for all this nonsense. Igbos should not lead in anything in Nigeria. Not even nairaland mod. Nonsense

2 Likes

Re: The Amount Paid To Agberos In Lagos Daily & Annually by poiZon: 11:28am On Jul 23, 2021
sokera:
you are a liar ... NURTW is operational in entire Nigeria and not just lagos alone...
U r an inconsequential case..
Nurtw is operational in all states..
In my state akwaibom they r not saddled with the responsibility of collecting revenues.
Try to read and understand comment before u jump into chemical reaction..
In lagos nurtw don't only function as a union overseeing the transport workers, theyalso collect revenues but doesnt remit to the state.

1 Like

Re: The Amount Paid To Agberos In Lagos Daily & Annually by Nobody: 11:29am On Jul 23, 2021
lalasticlala:
Transport Statistics and Annual Revenue Paid to Agberos in Lagos:

Number of Commercial Buses: 75,000

Amount paid each day: ₦3,000

Amount paid yearly: ₦82.1 bn

Number Of Tricycle (Keke Marwa): 50,000

Amount paid each day: ₦1,800

Amount paid yearly: ₦32.9 bn

Number of Motorcycle: 37,000

Amount paid each day: ₦600

Amount paid yearly: ₦8.1 bn

Total Amount Paid To Agberos: ₦123.078

Credit: ICIR

This Is Just an Oversight & Estimation. There are over Hundred Thousands of Commercial Buses In lagos. Lagos NURTW makes Billions of Naira monthly on Commercial Buses alone, Excluding Keke, Bikes.....

1 Like

Re: The Amount Paid To Agberos In Lagos Daily & Annually by CSTRR: 11:30am On Jul 23, 2021
tamdun:

See as ordinary question dey give you painment undecided
The question is like what a unicellular organism would say.

Are you uincellular organism?
It would really pain me that I am wasting my time with a unicellular organism.

1 Like

Re: The Amount Paid To Agberos In Lagos Daily & Annually by CSTRR: 11:31am On Jul 23, 2021
chyzoo4u:

Still trying hard to understand this your first comment as well... What Igbo obsession are you talking about? Where was it mentioned in the article that Igbo people released the stats.

Again, explain to me so I can understand
That guy na unicellular organism.

1 Like

Re: The Amount Paid To Agberos In Lagos Daily & Annually by r4bbit: 11:31am On Jul 23, 2021
Beedude:

You are forever IGNORED
who wants to be noticed by fools... mumu
Re: The Amount Paid To Agberos In Lagos Daily & Annually by just2endowed: 11:32am On Jul 23, 2021
seunmsg:
So, when are you guys doing an analysis of the amount paid to Agberos in Enugu, Abia, Rivers, Anambra, Kano, Abuja etc? Abi NURTW only exist in Lagos?

Analysis like this would make a lot of sense if it was done all over the country or at least in some selected states so that we can do a comparative analysis. So, why single out Lagos state?

Btw, NURTW is a trade Union. Trade Unions and professional bodies charge their members huge sums annually. As a member of ICAN, I pay 30k to the institute as annual subscription. I still pay for conference, AGM and faculty due without complaining. So, are members of NURTW complaining? Who forced them to be members of the union?

Is it a must to join an association?

Is it nurtw that fixed the park and road that it will now be a must to join there association?

Pls let's wake up... These are the money that should have been gone to local government since its there constitutional right to fix park and garage.

There are so many abnormalities in this country. It pains me very much that Nigerians don't know and we pay for the lifestyle of these tout that need to be exterminated to tin air.

2 Likes

Re: The Amount Paid To Agberos In Lagos Daily & Annually by jumpandpas(m): 11:32am On Jul 23, 2021
Beedude:
Hmmmm.
Sunday Igboho should have continued as an Agbero boss in Modakeke before causing trouble and running to Ibadan to become a political dog. By now he would have reached the level of Mc Oluomo instead of sitting in Benin prison

Even in Benin prison, he has more freedom than you in COWgeria.

2 Likes

Re: The Amount Paid To Agberos In Lagos Daily & Annually by CSTRR: 11:34am On Jul 23, 2021
sokera:
you are a liar ... NURTW is operational in entire Nigeria and not just lagos alone...
Maybe.

But the vast majority of the national revenues is made in Lagos.
Re: The Amount Paid To Agberos In Lagos Daily & Annually by raphaeladeyele: 11:34am On Jul 23, 2021
The Agberos are rich people who
we do not recognized they do not pay Tax as orders that is why they turf to deal with by people Statistics not yet show the correct analysis of wat earned
Re: The Amount Paid To Agberos In Lagos Daily & Annually by CSTRR: 11:34am On Jul 23, 2021
sammirano:
Na seun i blame for all this nonsense. Igbos should not lead in anything in Nigeria. Not even nairaland mod. Nonsense
Go tell your babalawo that he can not cover the glory of the sun.

1 Like

Re: The Amount Paid To Agberos In Lagos Daily & Annually by Beedude(m): 11:35am On Jul 23, 2021
jumpandpas:

You are IGNORED
Re: The Amount Paid To Agberos In Lagos Daily & Annually by Lagschools: 11:36am On Jul 23, 2021
Nice one.
Re: The Amount Paid To Agberos In Lagos Daily & Annually by oluwaahmed: 11:41am On Jul 23, 2021
BigDawsNet:
Lagos agbero generated N122b/ year

Why can't the Lagos government create atleat 3millions job every each year for graduate inside that same N122b....

Why is that so difficult to accomplish

because the money does not go to Lagos state government. The funds are compensation to the agberos who are always used to oppress voters against APC.

2 Likes

Re: The Amount Paid To Agberos In Lagos Daily & Annually by KingofHearts(m): 11:43am On Jul 23, 2021
[quote author=LilSmith55 post=104002584]How can one become an agbero

Sarcasm or plain serious, what you have done is to ask the most “intelligent question” of all.
How can you become one or more like how can you serve this industry so that you can have a piece of this N120B+ market??

Go there speak with their chairman ,play with all of them, drink with them and gist with them…they will tell you all you need to know.
They are actually fine human beings who just get crazy at times especially if you attempt to block their money or wrestle power with them.Daily money is their main OPIUM it fuels their dreams!!

Had a meeting with some of them this morning,they called me “BABA” “OMO IYA” “GENERAL” “CHAIR”.

They are jovial,prayerful and like life !! Just talk to them and learn their language and you are fine!!

1 Like

Re: The Amount Paid To Agberos In Lagos Daily & Annually by SocialJustice: 11:47am On Jul 23, 2021
seunmsg:
So, when are you guys doing an analysis of the amount paid to Agberos in Enugu, Abia, Rivers, Anambra, Kano, Abuja etc? Abi NURTW only exist in Lagos?

Analysis like this would make a lot of sense if it was done all over the country or at least in some selected states so that we can do a comparative analysis. So, why single out Lagos state?

Btw, NURTW is a trade Union. Trade Unions and professional bodies charge their members huge sums annually. As a member of ICAN, I pay 30k to the institute as annual subscription. I still pay for conference, AGM and faculty due without complaining. So, are members of NURTW complaining? Who forced them to be members of the union?
You're an ICAN member but not wise enough to know research is expensive, instead of appreciating the expensive information that has been given to you for free, in typical garbage mentality, you're condemning. Why not commission them to do the research in the towns you have mentioned?

I feel very sorry for your clients/employer because you obviously can't make sound decisions without emotions clogging your judgment.

You're a terrible professional.

2 Likes

Re: The Amount Paid To Agberos In Lagos Daily & Annually by palsenator(m): 11:47am On Jul 23, 2021
sokera:
you are just not smart , don't you know what tax means? Oh you want to live in lagos and not pay tax on the road ? Is lagos road for your father? Lagos roads belongs to the ppl of lagod and you must pay for using their infrastructures , if the Tfare is too much because of the agberos then go back to your region ... don't you know even ICAN you mentioned pay for their membership too and it will reflect if you want to hire an accountant to audit or work for you ? Why do you think it's expensive to hire lawyer or accountant? It's because they pay their dues to their professional bodies too NBA and ICAN ...

Imagine bringing father into this! I still doubt your membership.. I am well cultured unlike you and I will speak directly to you and not your respected father..

Go and read again booda ode... Tax kor , tax clearance ni
... My father that you stupidly refered to worked with the Lagos State government and of course you can be sure be is well taxed and an honorable citizen of the state..

It's even on Punch newspaper, maybe that will help your stupidity... Go and read it there.... Wait oo abi you are one of the agberos?? �

3 Likes

Re: The Amount Paid To Agberos In Lagos Daily & Annually by Primebuilders(m): 11:47am On Jul 23, 2021
The records shows that this money does not reflect in the Lagos state financial statement at the end if every year

1 Like

Re: The Amount Paid To Agberos In Lagos Daily & Annually by obi58: 11:50am On Jul 23, 2021
seunmsg:

STFU!!! Who made them members of the union? Instead of asking the germane question as to what these collections are used for you are here making stupid comments. Should information only become useful when it is gathered from all states of the country? Instead of evaluating the economic impact of these criminal collections on the lives of Lagosians you are trying to deflect the focus on what has been a perennial problem in Lagos state. All other NURTW unions are an offshoot of the Lagos NURTW enriching a few at the expense of the masses.

1 Like

Re: The Amount Paid To Agberos In Lagos Daily & Annually by KingofHearts(m): 11:50am On Jul 23, 2021
raphaeladeyele:
The Agberos are rich people who
we do not recognized they do not pay Tax as orders that is why they turf to deal with by people Statistics not yet show the correct analysis of wat earned

Very correct!! So much money in informal jobs!! They wear dirty work clothes under the scorching sun during the day and close down street corners at night…. partying,drinking,eating every in abundance.

Many of them have built houses and send their kids to school. There many small MC Oluomos amongst them!!

I just wish our graduates can wake up to identify opportunities over 50-100k certainty that is not even sure sef.
There is money anywhere there is a lot of people,problem,bottleneck,pressure and irregularities,Rush and impatience!
Re: The Amount Paid To Agberos In Lagos Daily & Annually by geezyk(m): 11:51am On Jul 23, 2021
seunmsg:

Lol, you're comparing NURTW to ICAN, baba mi you're a clown, no one forced you to be a member of ICAN, but this commercial drivers are being taxed on a daily basis for what they never subscribed for, from oshodi to sango toll gate, the only bus stop that you won't see agbero is PWD cos of the airforce base situated there. These people are a menace.

You're lucky cos you're Fortunate to have a car and not experienced sudden hike in fares and you have below the bus fare with you. Na then you go hate them with your life

2 Likes

Re: The Amount Paid To Agberos In Lagos Daily & Annually by solidmyk(m): 11:52am On Jul 23, 2021
jumpandpas:

grin
Re: The Amount Paid To Agberos In Lagos Daily & Annually by Omodua(m): 11:52am On Jul 23, 2021
tamdun:
Ur attention is on Lagos alone, Igbo people obsession with Lagos is irritating walahi
Stop your tribal rhetorics. Lagos is epicenter of Agberos in Nigeria because of its metropolitan outlook.

1 Like

Re: The Amount Paid To Agberos In Lagos Daily & Annually by BigDawsNet: 11:52am On Jul 23, 2021
oluwaahmed:

because the money does not go to Lagos state government. The funds are compensation to the agberos who are always used to oppress voters against APC.

So literally you mean Agberos share N122b among demself yearly
Re: The Amount Paid To Agberos In Lagos Daily & Annually by Gbagura: 11:53am On Jul 23, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:

You're talking nonsense as usual

Igbo matter will Kee you with the way you're going on about the peaceful tribe
Sod off!
Re: The Amount Paid To Agberos In Lagos Daily & Annually by Omodua(m): 11:54am On Jul 23, 2021
tamdun:

Wetin concern omo yyibo with agbero?
...And what concerns Fulani like you with Lagos??

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Picture Of Oshiomhole Wearing Cap At Oba Of Benin's Palace / Edo Election: Results From Tony Kabaka’s Polling Unit / Sanwo-Olu And Obafemi Hamzat Used Range Rover Sentinel Cars For Inauguration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.