Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,106 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:10 PM

The Amount Paid To Agberos In Lagos Daily & Annually - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Amount Paid To Agberos In Lagos Daily & Annually (72081 Views)

Nigerians Share Their Experiences With The Agberos In Onitsha / Do Not Surrender Your Country To Agberos And Almajiris Again / Ize-Iyamu To Train, Rehabilitate ‘Agberos’ In Empowerment, Transitional Program (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Amount Paid To Agberos In Lagos Daily & Annually by Olamideayomide(m): 11:56am On Jul 23, 2021
Imagine our government or leaders channel their hollow brain to this sector, give it total monitoring instead of monopolising it. I believe they will generate more income than ever.
No wonder MC oluomo and other chairmens are big men in their territories. Awon buje budanu ...... #123bn owo tabua

1 Like

Re: The Amount Paid To Agberos In Lagos Daily & Annually by Chijeep(m): 11:56am On Jul 23, 2021
tamdun:
Ur attention is on Lagos alone, Igbo people obsession with Lagos is irritating walahi
Your problem would've been solved if you're not tribalitic.
If you're too pained why not get analysis of Anambra yourself

1 Like

Re: The Amount Paid To Agberos In Lagos Daily & Annually by Omodua(m): 11:56am On Jul 23, 2021
tamdun:

And u are their town Cryer, why be say na only ur tribe carry Lagos for head all the time
Focus on your war ravaged North. Don't nose on southern affairs. Your divide and rule to cause disaffection between Igbo and Yoruba is noted.
Try another trick/obsession.

1 Like

Re: The Amount Paid To Agberos In Lagos Daily & Annually by Omodua(m): 12:00pm On Jul 23, 2021
Moferere:
Only in Lagos will a ₦120 billion market be handed over to Agbero
No please. Large chunk of the money goes to Alausa,seat of power. The money is unaccounted for and seating governors benefit from it. With benefit of hindsight!

2 Likes

Re: The Amount Paid To Agberos In Lagos Daily & Annually by MrNipplesLover(m): 12:07pm On Jul 23, 2021
yesloaded:

This is not correct because what commercial bus driver pays on daily basis is way more than what you analyzed here

Anybody who is in doubt should please board bus from Ojodu Berger and stopped at Oshodi(not even to mile 2 o) then you will realize they pay more than this figure

You don forget day na naija we dey... grin

Inside life.
Re: The Amount Paid To Agberos In Lagos Daily & Annually by wealthrenewed: 12:10pm On Jul 23, 2021
Beedude:
Hmmmm.
Sunday Igboho should have continued as an Agbero boss in Modakeke before causing trouble and running to Ibadan to become a political dog. By now he would have reached the level of Mc Oluomo instead of sitting in Benin prison
statement uninteresting
Re: The Amount Paid To Agberos In Lagos Daily & Annually by cravingmind: 12:10pm On Jul 23, 2021
seunmsg:
So, when are you guys doing an analysis of the amount paid to Agberos in Enugu, Abia, Rivers, Anambra, Kano, Abuja etc? Abi NURTW only exist in Lagos?

Analysis like this would make a lot of sense if it was done all over the country or at least in some selected states so that we can do a comparative analysis. So, why single out Lagos state?

Btw, NURTW is a trade Union. Trade Unions and professional bodies charge their members huge sums annually. As a member of ICAN, I pay 30k to the institute as annual subscription. I still pay for conference, AGM and faculty due without complaining. So, are members of NURTW complaining? Who forced them to be members of the union?

Please add Benin city abeg.
Re: The Amount Paid To Agberos In Lagos Daily & Annually by AfonjaConehead: 12:11pm On Jul 23, 2021
tamdun:
Ur attention is on Lagos alone, Igbo people obsession with Lagos is irritating walahi

You are the one who is irritating,if you don't know...
Re: The Amount Paid To Agberos In Lagos Daily & Annually by OgaNurse: 12:13pm On Jul 23, 2021
It's funny the number of vehicles are round figures
Re: The Amount Paid To Agberos In Lagos Daily & Annually by AfonjaConehead: 12:13pm On Jul 23, 2021
seunmsg:

You mean NURTW have no members in south east? You mean NURTW members don’t collect money from drivers in south east? You mean NURTW members don’t fight over control of parks?

https://dailytrust.com/tension-as-touts-fight-over-park-ownership-in-umuahia

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2020/07/4-injured-as-okada-operators-thugs-clash-over-daily-levy-loading-units-in-abia/amp/

You are too old for this,you should know that... It will do you a whole lotta good to start behaving your age, thank you
Re: The Amount Paid To Agberos In Lagos Daily & Annually by Oshokalo: 12:18pm On Jul 23, 2021
And this idiot can use 100k do juju at a go,that's why oluomo just dey build house for our olosho yoruba actress about,and they are not even using this money for road at all and they say they road transport workers
Re: The Amount Paid To Agberos In Lagos Daily & Annually by damiloladuke: 12:21pm On Jul 23, 2021
OK
Re: The Amount Paid To Agberos In Lagos Daily & Annually by Elliotwaveforec: 12:21pm On Jul 23, 2021
BigDawsNet:
Lagos agbero generated N122b/ year

Why can't the Lagos government create atleat 3millions job every each year for graduate inside that same N122b....

Why is that so difficult to accomplish

It's only graduates that need jobs, right? The Agberos aren't human beings?
Re: The Amount Paid To Agberos In Lagos Daily & Annually by Nobody: 12:21pm On Jul 23, 2021
seunmsg:

The report would have been more useful if it was conducted in all the 36 states of the federation instead of singling out only Lagos state.

Can any comparative analysis be done with this report? So you see, that is where the problem is. We have a report that can’t be compared with other states. So, what’s the essence?

Again, where does the revenue goes to? For a fact, I know a certain percentage goes to state and local governments. So, why present it as if all the funds goes to just the state chairman? There are just too many loopholes in the report and it gives the impression that it was done for politics and nothing else.

Are you saying Agberos generate more revenue in other states than Lagos? Of what use is comparing all states? This is just an eye opener for every state who are complaining of lesser federal allocation. This is a good thing for the state to generate internal revenue.

Do you read any other meaning to the coallation?
Re: The Amount Paid To Agberos In Lagos Daily & Annually by nathyx(m): 12:24pm On Jul 23, 2021
Lagos state food basket of Agberos grin grin
Re: The Amount Paid To Agberos In Lagos Daily & Annually by Vado(m): 12:29pm On Jul 23, 2021
seunmsg:
So, when are you guys doing an analysis of the amount paid to Agberos in Enugu, Abia, Rivers, Anambra, Kano, Abuja etc? Abi NURTW only exist in Lagos?

Analysis like this would make a lot of sense if it was done all over the country or at least in some selected states so that we can do a comparative analysis. So, why single out Lagos state?

Btw, NURTW is a trade Union. Trade Unions and professional bodies charge their members huge sums annually. As a member of ICAN, I pay 30k to the institute as annual subscription. I still pay for conference, AGM and faculty due without complaining. So, are members of NURTW complaining? Who forced them to be members of the union?

Who forced them? You must be selectively ignorant. What happened to those who chose to operate without these guys in the past? GoOkada, Opay, struggling Uber/Taxify? They didn’t find it funny with numerous harassments by miscreants on the street daily & unfriendly policies aimed at pacifying NURTW cacus. We want to have a sane transport system like it’s obtainable in the west but keep encouraging drunks to regulate who does business on our roads? Yet, you desire a mega city? Mehn, you guys are superbly dull no offence.
Re: The Amount Paid To Agberos In Lagos Daily & Annually by Johnrake69: 12:32pm On Jul 23, 2021
BigDawsNet:
Lagos agbero generated N122b/ year

Why can't the Lagos government create atleat 3millions job every each year for graduate inside that same N122b....

Why is that so difficult to accomplish

Na only graduates need job?
Re: The Amount Paid To Agberos In Lagos Daily & Annually by madridguy(m): 12:36pm On Jul 23, 2021
See money grin
Re: The Amount Paid To Agberos In Lagos Daily & Annually by edudguy(m): 12:51pm On Jul 23, 2021
Sir, don't be angry.You know book die hut this your analysis no follow. Buses wey under NURTW wetin be their gain?

I work at Gbagada and live at Isolo, so I follow Oshodi everyday.

When I am coming back, from the beginning of the bridge to the end of the bridge, those agberos will be more than 15 fighting the conductors to pay each of them 50 naira each. With their bad breath, dirty teeth (caused by cigarettes) and body odour

We (passengers) always marvel at the audacity of the agberos sha

But sometimes I no dey pity the drivers and conductors dem too dey always jump at any chance increase price of tfare

But let's look at this who will suffer the brunt of the agberos demanding money. Who will dey tax? Is it not us... They will have to increase the t fare because of the agberos.

Wetin be the benefit of NURTW sef
seunmsg:

Re: The Amount Paid To Agberos In Lagos Daily & Annually by seunmsg(m): 1:03pm On Jul 23, 2021
edudguy:
Sir, don't be angry.You know book die hut this your analysis no follow. Buses wey under NURTW wetin be their gain?

I work at Gbagada and live at Isolo, so I follow Oshodi everyday.

When I am coming back, from the beginning of the bridge to the end of the bridge, those agberos will be more than 15 fighting the conductors to pay each of them 50 naira each. With their bad breath, dirty teeth (caused by cigarettes) and body odour

We (passengers) always marvel at the audacity of the agberos sha

But sometimes I no dey pity the drivers and conductors dem too dey always jump at any chance increase price of tfare

But let's look at this who will suffer the brunt of the agberos demanding money. Who will dey tax? Is it not us... They will have to increase the t fare because of the agberos.

Wetin be the benefit of NURTW sef

Those folks you call dirty and smelling Agberos with dirty teeth are citizens of Nigeria. They are employees of NURTW. They also deserve a chance to work and make a living out of the system just like clean and fresh folks like you. They are simply doing the job they were employed to do.
Re: The Amount Paid To Agberos In Lagos Daily & Annually by Joetttimua1811(m): 1:04pm On Jul 23, 2021
Youdonminit !!!!!!!!!
Re: The Amount Paid To Agberos In Lagos Daily & Annually by Bribri: 1:08pm On Jul 23, 2021
Daily money dey sweet sha.

Please I need a single room in ajegunle. Any help will be appreciated. My budget is quite low. Maybe you know someone who is moving out I could take advantage of that to avoid many many agent fee abeg. Thanking you.09134102968.
Re: The Amount Paid To Agberos In Lagos Daily & Annually by JuanDeDios: 1:16pm On Jul 23, 2021
seunmsg:

@bolded
Seriously?
Re: The Amount Paid To Agberos In Lagos Daily & Annually by BigDawsNet: 1:16pm On Jul 23, 2021
Johnrake69:

Na only graduates need job?

Not really my bad!
Re: The Amount Paid To Agberos In Lagos Daily & Annually by suledes(m): 1:21pm On Jul 23, 2021
lalasticlala:
Transport Statistics and Annual Revenue Paid to Agberos in Lagos:

Number of Commercial Buses: 75,000

Amount paid each day: ₦3,000

Amount paid yearly: ₦82.1 bn

Number Of Tricycle (Keke Marwa): 50,000

Amount paid each day: ₦1,800

Amount paid yearly: ₦32.9 bn

Number of Motorcycle: 37,000

Amount paid each day: ₦600

Amount paid yearly: ₦8.1 bn

Total Amount Paid To Agberos: ₦123.078

Credit: ICIR

I don't concur with this fact. The number of motor-cycles (okada) are far more than the number of commercial buses. There are lot of streets that vehicle cannot be accessed and yet okada can be found there.

Even the rates (ticket) they pay is far more than the amounts stipulated.
Re: The Amount Paid To Agberos In Lagos Daily & Annually by Prozico22(m): 1:22pm On Jul 23, 2021
lalasticlala:
Transport Statistics and Annual Revenue Paid to Agberos in Lagos:

Number of Commercial Buses: 75,000

Amount paid each day: ₦3,000

Amount paid yearly: ₦82.1 bn

Number Of Tricycle (Keke Marwa): 50,000

Amount paid each day: ₦1,800

Amount paid yearly: ₦32.9 bn

Number of Motorcycle: 37,000

Amount paid each day: ₦600

Amount paid yearly: ₦8.1 bn

Total Amount Paid To Agberos: ₦123.078

Credit: ICIR
Pure lies mini bus alone danfo and Igbo company motors like peace mass and the rest the money should be times 3 of what is been written
Re: The Amount Paid To Agberos In Lagos Daily & Annually by milann: 1:24pm On Jul 23, 2021
cybug:

Oh, I didn't know NURTW is what they call agbero o...

Here Karota collect N100 levy daily from keke riders
Agbero is another name for touts, street urchins. NURTW normally use them to extorting money and cause mayhem
Re: The Amount Paid To Agberos In Lagos Daily & Annually by perdollar(m): 1:24pm On Jul 23, 2021
This one na tinubu pension service commission
Re: The Amount Paid To Agberos In Lagos Daily & Annually by PAtoGCFR2034: 1:29pm On Jul 23, 2021
seunmsg:

What is this ?
You pay 30k annually
In one year, a bus driver pays (3000 x 365) 1,095,000 regardless of revenue
You pay AGM, faculty due and conference without complaining. Listen to yourself. Try paying 500k annually. Let alone 1 million
You're an accountant abi ? And you're defending this unsustainable extortion.
Defending the agberos, what about the guy who purchases a bus and tries to earn a living to make a decent life for himself
I just went through ICIR website , there's no evidence of any campaign or biased reporting against Tinubu or his associates.
Behave yourself oga!
Re: The Amount Paid To Agberos In Lagos Daily & Annually by milann: 1:29pm On Jul 23, 2021
Kingsleystunner:
No wonder them dey always fight if you no give them money
I for say i no know say money dey there work oo,omo I wan go apply tomorrow
wose, mu fone ye wa nbi.

1 Like

Re: The Amount Paid To Agberos In Lagos Daily & Annually by alimaxion: 1:31pm On Jul 23, 2021
Moferere:
Only in Lagos will a ₦120 billion market be handed over to Agbero

It shows, you are a novice in this matter, NURTW remits part of the money to state and federal government. That's why it's very difficult to ban them

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Picture Of Oshiomhole Wearing Cap At Oba Of Benin's Palace / Precious Chikwendu, FFK’s Ex-Wife Sends Strong Message As He Unveils New Lover / Sanwo-Olu And Obafemi Hamzat Used Range Rover Sentinel Cars For Inauguration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.