Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,514 members, 7,954,949 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 01:07 PM

Who Else Noticed The Very Vocal Ika And Ndokwa Heavyweights Have Gone Silent - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Else Noticed The Very Vocal Ika And Ndokwa Heavyweights Have Gone Silent (4438 Views)

Why Has This Man Gone Silent Since Tinubu Became President (picture) / Amaechi, Anyim, Nwajiuba, Politicians Who Have Gone ‘Silent’ After Primaries / Northern Christian Heavyweights Launch Offensive Against Tinubu, Shettima (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Else Noticed The Very Vocal Ika And Ndokwa Heavyweights Have Gone Silent by Naigleria: 2:01pm On Jul 23, 2021
iSlayer:

Bini slave spotted

See the way I’m laughing this early morning

Re: Who Else Noticed The Very Vocal Ika And Ndokwa Heavyweights Have Gone Silent by iSlayer: 2:17pm On Jul 23, 2021
Naigleria:

See the way I’m laughing this early morning

Lolllll
Re: Who Else Noticed The Very Vocal Ika And Ndokwa Heavyweights Have Gone Silent by Ariani: 2:25pm On Jul 23, 2021
iSlayer:
Let me be honest this slave thing by Reno can be very disturbing for the Ika/Ukwuani people. Imagine being called slaves with Iken and Oba as names. undecided

Shameless set of people suffering from generational inferiority complex.

"We are Bini descendants, bla bla bla bla. Yen yen yen yen!"

When Bini people see them as nothing else but Igbo slaves!

This is how they go and be bringing shame to Ndiigbo, because we are yet to completely denounce them.

I blame Ohanaeze Ndiigbo. angry

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Else Noticed The Very Vocal Ika And Ndokwa Heavyweights Have Gone Silent by IDENNAA(m): 3:24pm On Jul 23, 2021
Ishilove:

You say what, Ogbuefi onye Igbo??

https://www.nairaland.com/6664091/igbo-slaves-built-great-wall

You and your ancestors have been slaves since time immemorial. Don't quote me again, slave, because you will be ignored.

Cc. Ishilove

You don't have to run away like the coward you have always been , when issues arrive at debate.

You selectively picked a little part of your slave masters text and quickly post it then disappeared in thin air....lol. This shows how pathetic you are....you should have posted everything including the part that says you , Ishilove , and your villagers are the slaves Reno Omokiri was talking about. Reno said, "these freed slaves are found in Delta" ...lmao
Re: Who Else Noticed The Very Vocal Ika And Ndokwa Heavyweights Have Gone Silent by iSlayer: 3:28pm On Jul 23, 2021
IDENNAA:

Cc. Ishilove

You don't have to run away like the coward you have always been , when issues arrive at debate.

You selectively picked a little part of your slave masters text and quickly post it then disappeared in thin air....lol. This shows how pathetic you are....you should have posted everything including the part that says you , Ishilove , and your villagers are the slaves Reno Omokiri was talking about. Reno said, "these freed slaves are found in Delta" ...lmao

Exactly

Re: Who Else Noticed The Very Vocal Ika And Ndokwa Heavyweights Have Gone Silent by iSlayer: 3:31pm On Jul 23, 2021
A comprehensive list of ohu Bini can now be found on the first page of this thread. Thanks to all.
Onu kokome, ogbu ofifi...

Ishiagwari oooo

Ohu kwenu!
Re: Who Else Noticed The Very Vocal Ika And Ndokwa Heavyweights Have Gone Silent by IDENNAA(m): 3:31pm On Jul 23, 2021
iSlayer:

Smh. This Iken people sef.

Nnaa , eeh, these freed slaves have no modicum of pride.

Because of their inferiority complex they are swallowing Bini faeces with joy....lol

Ishilove, the 50yrs old Kwale hag wey do fin huzbaend tire don tear race! Shameless race of people!

Cc. Ishilove
Cc. @Sufferingboy
Re: Who Else Noticed The Very Vocal Ika And Ndokwa Heavyweights Have Gone Silent by Boudiccao: 3:34pm On Jul 23, 2021
As usual the Ikas or whatever they call themselves are hiding their heads in the sands like Ostrich.
Igbos are now saddled with the responsibility of clearing and managing this mess.

Go to twitter and see plenty Core igbos debunking Reno and his bigoted opinion yet the so called Delta Igbos like Ika which Reno was obviously referring to are nowhere to be found.

I'm inclined to call them slaves but I wouldn't.
Igbos will always be the intelligent and protective Big brothers.

3 Likes

Re: Who Else Noticed The Very Vocal Ika And Ndokwa Heavyweights Have Gone Silent by iSlayer: 3:36pm On Jul 23, 2021
IDENNAA:

Nnaa , eeh, these freed slaves have no modicum of pride.

Because of their inferiority complex they are swallowing Bini faeces with joy....lol

Ishilove, the 50yrs old Kwale hag wey do fin huzbaend tire don tear race! Shameless race of people!

Cc. Ishilove
Cc. @Sufferingboy

Jesu!
Re: Who Else Noticed The Very Vocal Ika And Ndokwa Heavyweights Have Gone Silent by iSlayer: 3:39pm On Jul 23, 2021
Boudiccao:
As usual the Ikas or whatever they call themselves are hiding their heads in the sands like Ostrich.
Igbos are now saddled with the responsibility of clearing and managing this mess.

Go to twitter and see plenty Core igbos debunking Reno and his bigoted opinion yet the so called Delta Igbos like Ika which Reno was obviously referring to are nowhere to be found.

Overprotectiveness ruins people.

1 Like

Re: Who Else Noticed The Very Vocal Ika And Ndokwa Heavyweights Have Gone Silent by IDENNAA(m): 3:52pm On Jul 23, 2021
Boudiccao:

Its on record that at no point has any Ika freed slaves ever summoned the courage to debate us. The call us names then run to go hide...lol

These degenerates were calling us "Igbon" and claimed we were their slaves...lmao. If wishes were horses....

Meanwhile, Obi Ikenchukwu was busy fanning embers of Igbophobic in Ika. But , guess what , his first name starts with "Iken" , the slave name Reno explicitly wrote about....lol

Shameless faggggot king wey no wan marry...busy drilling men's azz

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Else Noticed The Very Vocal Ika And Ndokwa Heavyweights Have Gone Silent by Walkee: 3:55pm On Jul 23, 2021
Boudiccao:

I've not really seen any Igbo debunk anything. All I've seen is just a bunch of emotional drivel and mismatch fragments of history

1 Like

Re: Who Else Noticed The Very Vocal Ika And Ndokwa Heavyweights Have Gone Silent by Boudiccao: 4:23pm On Jul 23, 2021
Walkee:
I've not really seen any Igbo debunk anything. All I've seen is just a bunch of emotional drivel and mismatch fragments of history

For once swallow your resentments for Igbos and go to twitter.
Igbos are doing a good job cleaning your mess and debunking Reno with historical and linguistics facts.
There is a lot happening on twitter and the stupid Reno guy has exposed the fact that he is clout chasing.

1 Like

Re: Who Else Noticed The Very Vocal Ika And Ndokwa Heavyweights Have Gone Silent by iSlayer: 4:29pm On Jul 23, 2021
IDENNAA:

Its on record that at no point has any Ika freed slaves ever summoned the courage to debate us. The call us names then run to go hide...lol

These degenerates were calling us "Igbon" and claimed we were their slaves...lmao. If wishes were horses....

Meanwhile, Obi Ikenchukwu was busy fanning embers of Igbophobic in Ika. But , guess what , his first name starts with "Iken" , the slave name Reno explicitly wrote about....lol

Shameless faggggot king wey no wan marry...busy drilling men's azz

Re: Who Else Noticed The Very Vocal Ika And Ndokwa Heavyweights Have Gone Silent by IDENNAA(m): 4:50pm On Jul 23, 2021
Walkee:

No , you have seen it both on this thread and the one of yesterday but you have selective amnesia. Start with this; an Igbo trying to save Ika slaves

Nọnso Uche Nnajide wrote...

IGBO SLAVES AMONG THE ITSEKIRI?

So yesterday, an Itsekiri fellow on Facebook made the interesting claim that his people had many (emphasis on 'many') Igbo slaves. He went further to say that some of the descendants of these Igbo slaves still live in Delta State, and speak a hybrid language which he refused to mention. In the interest of intellectual discourse he probably should have mentioned it, and given interested parties the opportunity to verify or debunk the claims.

As far as the ethnic backgrounds of slaves in Itsekiri land is concerned, this is what the historian P. C. Lloyd wrote in his paper, "The Itsekiri in the Nineteenth Century: An Outline Social History":

Lloyd wrote: "A further change in Itsekiri social structure during the century was the development of domestic slavery. At the turn of the century the king held a large number of slaves, but the number owned by the chiefs is not known. The kingdom must have exported at least a thousand slaves annually. But with the decline of the slave trade, the supply did not cease, and slaves were integrated into the Itsekiri economy. Thus of Jakpa's 5000 people, Burton estimated that 600 - 700 were slaves of Diare. Olomu's slaves were variously numbered at 1000, 3000 and 4000.

"The slaves were never Itsekiri, rarely Ijoh. Most were Urhobo, often being men and women expelled from their communities for serious offences and sold in the riverside markets. Some were given to the Itsekiri as pledges for debts. The Itsekiri usually equate the price of a slave with a puncheon of oil. They assert that they never went to a war to capture slaves, though a favourite method of settling a debt or a quarrel was to seize a man's slaves. Other slaves came through the trade routes from Benin and Yoruba country where they had been captured in inter-tribal wars. Nana's most senior slaves were Ologun, a Yoruba, and Sagay, a Benin."

*Sagay is very clearly a corruption of the Bini name Osagie.

So there you have it. Itsekiri's slaves came primarily from the Urhobo; secondarily from the Yoruba and the Bini; and sometimes (though rarely) from the Ijọ. These are the people in the same geographical area as the Itsekiri and the people with whom they were involved in regular interactions. But our Itsekiri friend went over the heads of his neighbours to look for slaves among the Igbos located farther away.

I was going to just laugh at the story and go on with my business, but I realized there are Igbo people who may not be informed enough to see that this man lied through his teeth, hence my decision to talk about it here.
Re: Who Else Noticed The Very Vocal Ika And Ndokwa Heavyweights Have Gone Silent by IDENNAA(m): 5:58pm On Jul 23, 2021
Nawaa for these Ika slaves oooo

See as they run like weaklings which we always known them as !!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Else Noticed The Very Vocal Ika And Ndokwa Heavyweights Have Gone Silent by Walkee: 7:29pm On Jul 23, 2021
IDENNAA:

No , you have seen it both on this thread and the one of yesterday but you have selective amnesia. Start with this; an Igbo trying to save Ika slaves

Nọnso Uche Nnajide wrote...

IGBO SLAVES AMONG THE ITSEKIRI?

So yesterday, an Itsekiri fellow on Facebook made the interesting claim that his people had many (emphasis on 'many') Igbo slaves. He went further to say that some of the descendants of these Igbo slaves still live in Delta State, and speak a hybrid language which he refused to mention. In the interest of intellectual discourse he probably should have mentioned it, and given interested parties the opportunity to verify or debunk the claims.

As far as the ethnic backgrounds of slaves in Itsekiri land is concerned, this is what the historian P. C. Lloyd wrote in his paper, "The Itsekiri in the Nineteenth Century: An Outline Social History":

Lloyd wrote: "A further change in Itsekiri social structure during the century was the development of domestic slavery. At the turn of the century the king held a large number of slaves, but the number owned by the chiefs is not known. The kingdom must have exported at least a thousand slaves annually. But with the decline of the slave trade, the supply did not cease, and slaves were integrated into the Itsekiri economy. Thus of Jakpa's 5000 people, Burton estimated that 600 - 700 were slaves of Diare. Olomu's slaves were variously numbered at 1000, 3000 and 4000.

"The slaves were never Itsekiri, rarely Ijoh. Most were Urhobo, often being men and women expelled from their communities for serious offences and sold in the riverside markets. Some were given to the Itsekiri as pledges for debts. The Itsekiri usually equate the price of a slave with a puncheon of oil. They assert that they never went to a war to capture slaves, though a favourite method of settling a debt or a quarrel was to seize a man's slaves. Other slaves came through the trade routes from Benin and Yoruba country where they had been captured in inter-tribal wars. Nana's most senior slaves were Ologun, a Yoruba, and Sagay, a Benin."

*Sagay is very clearly a corruption of the Bini name Osagie.

So there you have it. Itsekiri's slaves came primarily from the Urhobo; secondarily from the Yoruba and the Bini; and sometimes (though rarely) from the Ijọ. These are the people in the same geographical area as the Itsekiri and the people with whom they were involved in regular interactions. But our Itsekiri friend went over the heads of his neighbours to look for slaves among the Igbos located farther away.

I was going to just laugh at the story and go on with my business, but I realized there are Igbo people who may not be informed enough to see that this man lied through his teeth, hence my decision to talk about it here.
yes I read this. How does this debunk slave story? . Igbos were very close to the Benin kingdom and were mostly in small clans and community so it's not difficult to imagine Benin traders capturing some. I don't know about itsekiri I don't know itsekiri were ever relevant and organised enough to do the same
Re: Who Else Noticed The Very Vocal Ika And Ndokwa Heavyweights Have Gone Silent by iSlayer: 8:57pm On Jul 23, 2021
I am hearing that even the legitimacy of the Oba of Benin is being contested. Igodomigodo are asking for a return of their rightful throne.

I wonder what Bini slaves would do now their Oba who covers them is being deposed.
Re: Who Else Noticed The Very Vocal Ika And Ndokwa Heavyweights Have Gone Silent by Coldie(m): 9:17pm On Jul 23, 2021
Free them abeg it's not by force if a slave decides to take up the identity of their slave masters.

I told dz people that igbos never had any empire, that benin had. That reason y despite igbos not ever colonizing anybody yet they have people who majority of their people answer igbo names and speak igbo language is that they were colonized by the benin, that's y their leadership is benin like.

They said it's a lie that they are benin people who migrated from benin who lost their languages as a result of proximity to igbo land I say ok na d explanation sounded very stup1d cause igbos are surrounded by so many tribes why then did you people alone loose your language. No be by force.

1 Like

Re: Who Else Noticed The Very Vocal Ika And Ndokwa Heavyweights Have Gone Silent by Coldie(m): 9:22pm On Jul 23, 2021
eastOFwest:

You are correct. But I don't think Ika, Ndokwa and SE Igbo have ever been united about anything. Anioma perhaps, in some instances. But Ika and Ndokwa? Mba! My experience is that they go to extreme lengths to deny anything Igbo. It always amused me because I spent a couple of years in Warri and saw first hand the derisive way they were treated by Urhobos, Itsekiri, Effurun people. In fact, I got more brotherly love and respect from Urhobo people. All my friends and all the girls I dated were Urhobo or Effurun (narrowly missed dating one Itsekiri babe). The Ika and Ndokwa people I met seemed to always insecurely waiting for an opportunity to state that they were not Igbo. Meanwhile my Urhobo friends will be picking up and trying Igbo words and sentences on me. Very curious scenario.
Swears once u see them 2 seconds they have started reminding you they are not igbo without u asking them
Re: Who Else Noticed The Very Vocal Ika And Ndokwa Heavyweights Have Gone Silent by BKayy: 9:25pm On Jul 23, 2021
Walkee:
yes I read this. How does this debunk slave story? . Igbos were very close to the Benin kingdom and were mostly in small clans and community so it's not difficult to imagine Benin traders capturing some. I don't know about itsekiri I don't know itsekiri were ever relevant and organised enough to do the same
Oga you people captured and enslaved only Ika people.You lots never stepped past your Ika slave field. Please stop calling them Igbo, we've all agreed that they are independent. Though you the slave masters reserve the right to say otherwise. The only issue I have with Omokri's brouhaha is that he called them "Igbo". Apart from that, I don't care less.
Re: Who Else Noticed The Very Vocal Ika And Ndokwa Heavyweights Have Gone Silent by Coldie(m): 9:27pm On Jul 23, 2021
BKayy:

Oga you people captured and sold only Ika. Please stop calling them Igbo. This is the only issue I have with Omokri's brouhaha.
You lots never stepped past your Ika slave field
Most of the southsouth igbos people claiming benin origin are the slaves he talked about.

The slaves lost their leadership to a superior power but their original heritage wasn't lost

1 Like

Re: Who Else Noticed The Very Vocal Ika And Ndokwa Heavyweights Have Gone Silent by BKayy: 9:30pm On Jul 23, 2021
Coldie:

Most of the southsouth igbos people claiming benin origin are the slaves he talked about.

The slaves lost their leadership to a superior power but their original heritage wasn't lost
It is only Ika and Ukwuani/Kwale or whatever their slave masters call them these days.
You see Enuani eh, make una stupidity no reach that side. Na there we go tear each others pant

1 Like

Re: Who Else Noticed The Very Vocal Ika And Ndokwa Heavyweights Have Gone Silent by Walkee: 9:58pm On Jul 23, 2021
BKayy:

Oga you people captured and enslaved only Ika people.You lots never stepped past your Ika slave field. Please stop calling them Igbo, we've all agreed that they are independent. Though you the slave masters reserve the right to say otherwise. The only issue I have with Omokri's brouhaha is that he called them "Igbo". Apart from that, I don't care less.
relax gee, nobody is a slave master. Even my people are a joke now. I was just trying to have a little conversation

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Wizkid Declare Support For Tinubu Presidency When He Meets Sanwo Olu And Gbaja / Nigerians React As PDP Cage Humans During Rally In Uyo (photos) / Moment Tinubu Secretly Handed Naira Notes To A Man During Campaign

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.