Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,394 members, 7,819,409 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:49 PM

NBA: MVP Antetokounmpo To Visit Nigerian, Set To Trace Roots - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / NBA: MVP Antetokounmpo To Visit Nigerian, Set To Trace Roots (34484 Views)

Antetokounmpo & Anthony Joshua On Forbes 50 Highest-Paid Athletes 2023 List / Giannis Antetokounmpo Named As Finalist For 2020 NBA MVP And DPY Of The Year / Giannis Antetokounmpo Wins 2019 NBA MVP Award (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NBA: MVP Antetokounmpo To Visit Nigerian, Set To Trace Roots by Nobody: 4:32pm On Jul 23, 2021
HEAVEN4444:
i dont think. i know nigeria is great. its where the global spiritual rennaisance will start from. Nigeria is the spiritual epicenter of the world. and i am not talking about these fake pastors either. the messiah will emerge from Nigeria

Deuteronomy 29:29- The secret things belong to the LORD our God... wink

1 Like

Re: NBA: MVP Antetokounmpo To Visit Nigerian, Set To Trace Roots by naijaman2225(m): 4:36pm On Jul 23, 2021
IF HE WANTS TO VISIT NIGERIA, FINE. THERE'S NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT BUT THE DUDE IS GREEK. PURE AND SIMPLE.
Re: NBA: MVP Antetokounmpo To Visit Nigerian, Set To Trace Roots by HEAVEN4444: 4:37pm On Jul 23, 2021
Afriqan:

Deuteronomy 29:29- The secret things belong to the LORD our God... wink

amos3 vs 7
Surely the Sovereign LORD does nothing without revealing his plan to his servants the prophets.

the return of the annunakis. the messiahs will emerge in nigeria. i am already starting to see some of these annunaki alien beings in lekki already. they re like 9 feet tall. i have seen a few
Re: NBA: MVP Antetokounmpo To Visit Nigerian, Set To Trace Roots by SolarEdge: 4:37pm On Jul 23, 2021
Ok

SEE HOW YOU CAN DISCARD YOUR GENERATOR PERMANENTLY AND START ENJOYING AT LEAST 16HOURS ELECTRICITY DAILY. CLICK THE LINK ON MY SIGNATURE NOW
Re: NBA: MVP Antetokounmpo To Visit Nigerian, Set To Trace Roots by Emilokoiyawon: 4:40pm On Jul 23, 2021
What is the meaning of Adetokunbo in Igbo language? tongue cheesy
Re: NBA: MVP Antetokounmpo To Visit Nigerian, Set To Trace Roots by brosdoncome(m): 4:42pm On Jul 23, 2021
Abdoolbuster:

Wetin concern Ugo for this matter?

2 Likes

Re: NBA: MVP Antetokounmpo To Visit Nigerian, Set To Trace Roots by PrinceofAgoAre(m): 4:43pm On Jul 23, 2021
favor914:
For your information Hakeem “The Dream” Olajuwon top 50 greatest NBA players grew up in Surulere Lagos, before he took over the basketball world, your talent will always make room for you to excel if you choose to.
i bet olajuwon is not d only basketballer in naija. Maybe dz olajuwon get connection nd knows people, which brings us back to my actual point. Mke u get all d talent in dz world, it's just nt enuf to thrive in dz naija. U've got to know people nd have d connection to get to d desired destination u so wish. Bt in saner climes, it is different. All u just need is d talent nd hardwork. No unecessary wuru wuru.
Re: NBA: MVP Antetokounmpo To Visit Nigerian, Set To Trace Roots by Boudiccao: 4:43pm On Jul 23, 2021
flokii:
Proudly Odua.. we export greatness unlike some people whose names I won't mention.

The best fighters in the world, the top movie and music actors and legends, grammy award winners, Nobel laureate, the bookworms and efiwes.. you just name them.
Indeed the Creator Himself blessed the Yoruba race.

He is both Igbo and Yoruba just like Davido's son. Both ethnic groups made him so chill with your foolishness.

1 Like

Re: NBA: MVP Antetokounmpo To Visit Nigerian, Set To Trace Roots by StFabulous(m): 4:43pm On Jul 23, 2021
Don't bother coming back, we wey dey here dey find way to comot, wetin you wan come do for here
Re: NBA: MVP Antetokounmpo To Visit Nigerian, Set To Trace Roots by Boudiccao: 4:44pm On Jul 23, 2021
Emilokoiyawon:
What is the meaning of Adetokunbo in Igbo language? tongue cheesy

What's the meaning of Ugo in Yoruba language?
Re: NBA: MVP Antetokounmpo To Visit Nigerian, Set To Trace Roots by Germi9: 4:44pm On Jul 23, 2021
Simbrixton:
no na Igala him be lol
Lolz
Re: NBA: MVP Antetokounmpo To Visit Nigerian, Set To Trace Roots by Nobody: 4:45pm On Jul 23, 2021
HEAVEN4444:

amos3 vs 7
Surely the Sovereign LORD does nothing without revealing his plan to his servants the prophets.

the return of the annunakis. the messiahs will emerge in nigeria. i am already starting to see some of these annunaki alien beings in lekki already. they re like 9 feet tall. i have seen a few

I can see you're involved in spiritism, be careful cos it's an endless pit of demonic lies. So many have gone insane trying to seek things they ought not to.

You don't have to accept this, but Christ is the only way, the truth and Life.

Have a nice day.

1 Like

Re: NBA: MVP Antetokounmpo To Visit Nigerian, Set To Trace Roots by brosdoncome(m): 4:45pm On Jul 23, 2021
AuroraB:
Ugochukwu oshi wo n'iyen
This by force by fire attachment you Igbos are always doing is scary sad
Without reading the story, the name is clearly misspelt Adetokunbo. I bia here na eme ndi Igbo embarrass undecided lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Mummy calm down

1 Like

Re: NBA: MVP Antetokounmpo To Visit Nigerian, Set To Trace Roots by Emilokoiyawon: 4:46pm On Jul 23, 2021
Boudiccao:
What's the meaning of Ugo in Yoruba language?

Surname is what matters when it comes to heritage. So tell me what is the meaning of Adetokunbo in Igbo language?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NBA: MVP Antetokounmpo To Visit Nigerian, Set To Trace Roots by nisai: 4:46pm On Jul 23, 2021
favor914:
Nigerian, his mother is Igbo, his middle name is Ugochukwu, he visited Nigeria in 2014, when his father was still alive.
Iya Naija. Naija to the world grin

U dey make me laugh aswear.
Re: NBA: MVP Antetokounmpo To Visit Nigerian, Set To Trace Roots by Boudiccao: 4:48pm On Jul 23, 2021
Afriqan:

Exactly. When I realised this, I knew we were the strongest on earth. Being the largest country in Africa, we are also the major representative of the black race.

All the Jamaicans, Haitians other Carribean countries have their ancestry from West Africa and majorly from Nigeria. If Usain Bolt checked his ancestry, it would most likely lead him back to Nigeria... Mark my words.

Nigeria is far greater than what we think.

Only because Nigerians sold more slaves.
Re: NBA: MVP Antetokounmpo To Visit Nigerian, Set To Trace Roots by vickydevoka(m): 4:49pm On Jul 23, 2021
TarOrfeeek:
Ugochukwu

Well-done.

grin
Na him mama people for imo State en go visit.

1 Like

Re: NBA: MVP Antetokounmpo To Visit Nigerian, Set To Trace Roots by brosdoncome(m): 4:50pm On Jul 23, 2021
Igbos no go carry last to claim am too go die!!!!

(quote author=AuroraB post=104010305) Because it suits you right at the moment. If it's the other way around, coming from a woman, it'd be so wrong.
But then again, he's Yoruba undecided[/quote]
Re: NBA: MVP Antetokounmpo To Visit Nigerian, Set To Trace Roots by HEAVEN4444: 4:50pm On Jul 23, 2021
Afriqan:

I can see you're involved in spiritism, be careful cos it's an endless pit of demonic lies. So many have gone insane trying to seek things they ought not to.

You don't have to accept this, but Christ is the only way, the truth and Life.

Have a nice day.
and there are two Jesus Christs, a black one and white one. The white one is from Rome and the black one is from Nigeria. The white one is from the tribe of Dan and the black one is from the tribe of Joseph. wink and so very soon the whole world will soon be taking a spiritual pilgrimage to nigeria when the pole shift is completed wink wink
Re: NBA: MVP Antetokounmpo To Visit Nigerian, Set To Trace Roots by Boudiccao: 4:50pm On Jul 23, 2021
Emilokoiyawon:

Surname is what matters when it comes to heritage. So tell me what is the meaning of Adetokunbo in Igbo language?

The fact that he proudly uses his Igbo name as a his second name shows he is proud of that side and reps it. What is the meaning of Ugo in Yoruba.
Re: NBA: MVP Antetokounmpo To Visit Nigerian, Set To Trace Roots by vickydevoka(m): 4:53pm On Jul 23, 2021
CSTRR:
Make igbos no allow yoruba chance them o.

The greek freak is half igbo on his mother's side.

lol
Na woman get pikin. Unless de family de in good terms with her
Re: NBA: MVP Antetokounmpo To Visit Nigerian, Set To Trace Roots by robosky02(m): 4:53pm On Jul 23, 2021
Abdoolbuster:

You never see something...

Re: NBA: MVP Antetokounmpo To Visit Nigerian, Set To Trace Roots by Emilokoiyawon: 4:54pm On Jul 23, 2021
Boudiccao:
The fact that he proudly uses his Igbo name as a his second name shows he is proud of that side and reps it. What is the meaning of Ugo in Yoruba.

His state of origin is his father's state. Surname is more important to first name. Rotimi Amechi is not a Yoruba man.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NBA: MVP Antetokounmpo To Visit Nigerian, Set To Trace Roots by Nobody: 4:56pm On Jul 23, 2021
Boudiccao:

Only because Nigerians sold more slaves.

Well, there are several factors, but I guess your reasoning is tenable as well.
Re: NBA: MVP Antetokounmpo To Visit Nigerian, Set To Trace Roots by Nobody: 4:56pm On Jul 23, 2021
HEAVEN4444:
and there are two Jesus Christs, a black one and white one. The white one is from Rome and the black one is from Nigeria. The white one is from the tribe of Dan and the black one is from the tribe of Joseph. wink and so very soon the whole world will soon be taking a spiritual pilgrimage to nigeria when the pole shift is completed wink wink

Shalom.
Re: NBA: MVP Antetokounmpo To Visit Nigerian, Set To Trace Roots by Boudiccao: 4:56pm On Jul 23, 2021
Emilokoiyawon:

His state of origin is his father's state. Surname is more important to first name. Rotimi Amechi is not a Yoruba man.

The fact remains that he is both and will rep both in Nigeria. Stop stressing yourself.
Re: NBA: MVP Antetokounmpo To Visit Nigerian, Set To Trace Roots by HEAVEN4444: 4:57pm On Jul 23, 2021
Afriqan:

Shalom.
Shalom my brother
Re: NBA: MVP Antetokounmpo To Visit Nigerian, Set To Trace Roots by robosky02(m): 4:57pm On Jul 23, 2021
skedospencer2g:
Your real name is adetokunbo not antetokoumpo , check your root well you be western nigga

Re: NBA: MVP Antetokounmpo To Visit Nigerian, Set To Trace Roots by Emilokoiyawon: 5:02pm On Jul 23, 2021
Boudiccao:
The fact remains that he is both and will rep both in Nigeria. Stop stressing yourself.
There is nothing like both. If your father is Yoruba, you are Yoruba it doesn't matter the tribe of your mother. He can celebrate his mother's culture as much as he wants but he will always remain a Yoruba man. Yemi Alade does same. Her music is mostly Igbotic but Yemi Alade remains a Yoruba woman.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: NBA: MVP Antetokounmpo To Visit Nigerian, Set To Trace Roots by Emilokoiyawon: 5:04pm On Jul 23, 2021
GBOKASINCHA:
He has igbo features most afonjas are short and skinny grin
Just like Hakeem Olajuwon short and skinny? Olodo. Look at the picture of his father a tall man. His Igbo mother is very short.

And the tallest Nigerian is a Yoruba guy. And everyone knows Igbos are among the shortest in Nigeria.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: NBA: MVP Antetokounmpo To Visit Nigerian, Set To Trace Roots by Nobody: 5:04pm On Jul 23, 2021
Amalekki:

Tribalist... leave your village leave your village you no gree. Village square and palm wine joint local champion grin
wizkid davido olamide fireboy joeboy nairamarlet all those una yeye artiste no be same height dem be ?? Any of them reach 6 ft grin i just dey give example

1 Like

Re: NBA: MVP Antetokounmpo To Visit Nigerian, Set To Trace Roots by Nobody: 5:06pm On Jul 23, 2021
Emilokoiyawon:

Just like Hakeem Olajuwon tall and skinny. By the way the tallest Nigerian is a Yoruba guy. And everyone knows Igbos are among the shortest in Nigeria.
na lie igbo guys are thick tall and huge and very athletic grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Nigeria Wins Afrowomen Basketball Championship 2023 / Super Eagles Arrive Uyo For Atheltico Madrid Match (Photos) / UCL Finals: Chelsea Practising Penalties After Man Utd’s Heartbreak - Tuchel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.