Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,895 members, 7,817,635 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:00 PM

Athletes Representing Nigeria At Tokyo 2020 (Full List) - Sports (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Athletes Representing Nigeria At Tokyo 2020 (Full List) (45111 Views)

Athletes Representing Nigeria At Commonwealth Games, Birmingham 2022 (Full List) / Pita Taufatofu Shines At Tokyo Olympic As He Appears Without Shirt (Pix / Cardboard Beds To Prevent Sex At Tokyo 2020 Olympics Installed By Officials (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Athletes Representing Nigeria At Tokyo 2020 (Full List) by Nobody: 11:22am On Jul 26, 2021
When it's anything that involves competition before qualification you will hardly find those gworo chewing dolts there. But if it's appointment without merit...
Re: Athletes Representing Nigeria At Tokyo 2020 (Full List) by Nobody: 11:24am On Jul 26, 2021
Wittyduchess:
I guess a certain part of the country are too busy handling ak47s to care about sports. undecided

Since shooting is an Olympic sport, probably they're waiting for when bombing will be accredited.
Re: Athletes Representing Nigeria At Tokyo 2020 (Full List) by saajus: 11:53pm On Jul 26, 2021
You are very right. My brother, when we make examples we are talking of consistency. There will always be exceptions once in a while. Ghana reached the quarterfinals and may not get there again in another 50years if they don't improve facilities that could help their sportsmen. Nigeria too did very well in USA 94. Where are we after then? roller coaster. I am not saying nobody can win without Africans/Blacks. I am just saying if Africans are exposed to the same facilities/coaching that many advanced nations have, we might be better cos we have a natural athletism advantage that has been proven by several scientific pieces of research.

Bro, when a country is consistent in one thing, it means they are getting something right. The Brazil you mentioned is off it. Brazil has infrastructures. I watch their league, their stadiums and football facilities are almost the same levels as Europe. Just like you, I was wondering how they could keep churning out world-class stars without facilities, that's what fascinates me to their league. The same thing fascinates me to study Kenya and Ethiopia on long-distance and Jamaica for short distance run. Those countries are very intentional in athletics development. Jamaica may be poor but if you see their practice facilities for tracks, you will understand why they consistently produce world stars.

Talent/Genetics is not enough.

thebosstrevor1:

Ghana was able to reach the quarterfinals, yet have no standard facilities like the rest of Europe.

Brazil won the world cup 5 times with no football infrastructure in place.

America and some european countries have the standard facilities yet haven't reach the semi finals before, infact there are lot of European countries with bettr facilities who haven't even gotten to the second round before.

You gave example of france who won the world cup because of they had African players on their rosters, how about Germany, italy and spain who had won the world cup without african players.
Re: Athletes Representing Nigeria At Tokyo 2020 (Full List) by Bifwoli: 2:10am On Jul 27, 2021
thebosstrevor1:
I really don't care because they wont bring anything back home.

Anyway, i appreciate them for participating.

Note: See how igbo people dominate everywhere, after they will claim that Nigeria hate them and don't want their success and their usual shout of marginalization.
But the Igbos actually do have a valid point /a case , don't they?
Re: Athletes Representing Nigeria At Tokyo 2020 (Full List) by lyricaldaboss(m): 4:15am On Jul 27, 2021
majamajic:
It's a shame that local coaches failed to qualify Nigeria football teams to Olympics

Only 60 , something that used to be 300

That's called progress. When we were sending 300 for sightseeing how many medals did they win?

60 is even too much, send 20 athletes that have been training seriously in sports we can train well in. Boxing, football, track and field!

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

David Alaba Disguises As Santa Claus In Munich / Arsenal Confirm 8 Players That Will Leave This Summer [full List] / AFCON2019: CAF Hails Alex Iwobi As Karate Kid, Nigerians React

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.